AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russia blocking MyFreeCams?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2017
Twitter Username
@Striker44mfc
MFC Username
Striker44s
Hi,

I have a Russian model friend that can not log into MFC any more. she can from her phone but not her internet company. I heard from twitter another russian model is having a similar problem.

Now the question is if the russian Government itself is blocking access to Myfreecams. It looks like this is possible.

Does anyone know anything about this? I think it just started.

Thank you!

Just a thought...

But, what if this is related to the passing of FOSTA?
Absolutely zero, this is Russia cracking down on a website they have no control over. Turkey did this a few years ago. Though to not i have talked to some Russian models on MFC today so it isn't universal yet.

Upvote 0
@Striker44 FYI TunnelBear is now owned by a mcafee. Which means they're now subject to US laws.

Some of the major backers of TunnelBear are now using PIA.
PIA offer Unlimited Bandwidth, which is kind of important for streamers.
They also have built in malware blocking.
And it can fail close, As in, if the VPN fails, your computer will not try to connect without the VPN connection. Reducing the chance your real IP will leak.

Upvote 0
@Striker44 FYI TunnelBear is now owned by a mcafee. Which means they're now subject to US laws.

Some of the major backers of TunnelBear are now using PIA.
PIA offer Unlimited Bandwidth, which is kind of important for streamers.
They also have built in malware blocking.
And it can fail close, As in, if the VPN fails, your computer will not try to connect without the VPN connection. Reducing the chance your real IP will leak.
PIA is also US based. https://restoreprivacy.com/private-internet-access-review/

• Helpful!
Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Upvote 0
If they're really filtering MFC, changing the IP address is not going to work.

Is adult cams banned there??
unless it's changed which i doubt camming is considered prostitution in Russia so unless you work for a studio and/or pay someone off your
not gonna cam.I get this from experience with models on another website,Peekshows, which is no longer around.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily. There shouldn't be such a noticeable difference when using a VPN. If there is, change your provider. I personally use OVPN; it works for me.

I'm more concerned with camsites refusing to allow broadcasters/viewers from the countries that have banned them. This is a shitty situation.

Hello,

i wanted to help a friend from russia too and set up a small server with OpenVPN.
Now she can connect to MFC but not stream. Seems there is a problem by using the Flash Player.
Did you use any special settings for OpenVPN?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.