AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russian Cut Off from Payments

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents here. Helping your family is an honorable and commendable thing to do. Having the whole family living off your work, well something is wrong there and it's not her job.
Your 2 cents worth are noted.
Supports by assisting, not entirely funding. And I didn't say that's the whole family.

I'm just interjecting here, not really sure if this fits in, but...

When we are casting shade on the Russian folks who are pissed at Putin and the sanctions, I cannot help but equate it to if(and when, very possibly) Trump acted as our US President and pulled what Putin did. I know that myself and MANY other US residents despise Trump, and voted against, etc. If he was responsible for our country causing war like Putin did with Ukraine... would we USA residents not be similarly FUCKING PISSED THE FUCK OFF at our country/President?

I am not, whatsoever, downplaying the strife on Ukraine. It's horrendous and should not exist. But I put myself in the shoes of some of these poor Russian folks who hate their leader and are stuck.

As hard as it is to admit this to myself, In my opinion the sanctions towards Russia are not only to cripple the war effort (this only works with a considerable delay while Ukrainians are dying), but also to steer malcontent in the Russian people. The only people who can end this are the Russians from within. Only people who are hungry will go on the streets eventually, no matter the risk. The first few hundreds will probably get shot but sooner or later it means good bye Putin. See 1917 Pt. Petersburg.

The fact that I'm very sorry for any Russian having to suffer from the sanctions doesn't change the fact that this country will never get any cent of mine until Putin is gone and the war is over. And any money I can spare then will be sent to rebuild Ukraine. Of course it might be different if I had a real friend in Russia. I don't know.

It is nothing new that regime change is payed for with the little mans blood. There have been very few exceptions.

I'm sorry for that, normally I try to be symphatetic to any "side", but as long as people are dying the rules are different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just visited a model stating in her bio that she is from Ukraine. But last time I visited her I clearly remember she was from Poland. Left a really bad taste. I don't think there are many people moving from Poland to Ukraine these days.

Just visited a model stating in her bio that she is from Ukraine. But last time I visited her I clearly remember she was from Poland. Left a really bad taste. I don't think there are many people moving from Poland to Ukraine these days.
Or perhaps she was always from Ukraine but wasn't open about it? But now in solidarity with her country-folk she announces it.

Or perhaps she was always from Ukraine but wasn't open about it? But now in solidarity with her country-folk she announces it.
Maybe. I think I know the model hes on about or same studio, keeps changing between the 2 countries but clearly still in same place. Hope wherever the studio is that the girls r safe.

this is probably it. was probably easier to say she is from poland instead of having to explain every day she is ethnically ukranian while living in poland when a hundred of people ask you where you are from a day.

I have seen a lot of rooms suddenly being from Ukraine when previously they were from "space" or "chaturland" or another country, etc.
If they were listening to Spanish music and speaking Spanish with their dark hair and brown eyes, then I would be skeptical. Perhaps taking advantage of the StripChat Ukraine category, for example.
But given the circumstances, I give the benefit of the doubt.

I have seen a lot of rooms suddenly being from Ukraine when previously they were from "space" or "chaturland" or another country, etc.
If they were listening to Spanish music and speaking Spanish with their dark hair and brown eyes, then I would be skeptical. Perhaps taking advantage of the StripChat Ukraine category, for example.
obviously, there will be people who will take advantage of any humanitarian crisis for economical gain.
source

if people want to help ukranians, the best way is to donate directly.

As far as Stripchat goes, I am pretty sure models can no longer just continually (or "willy nilly") change their country "flag". They used to be able to do so about 2 years a go I think. My model friend used to "travel" the world :) it was a running joke with we regulars.

Reactions: Life_Happens
I'm just interjecting here, not really sure if this fits in, but...

When we are casting shade on the Russian folks who are pissed at Putin and the sanctions, I cannot help but equate it to if(and when, very possibly) Trump acted as our US President and pulled what Putin did. I know that myself and MANY other US residents despise Trump, and voted against, etc. If he was responsible for our country causing war like Putin did with Ukraine... would we USA residents not be similarly FUCKING PISSED THE FUCK OFF at our country/President?

I am not, whatsoever, downplaying the strife on Ukraine. It's horrendous and should not exist. But I put myself in the shoes of some of these poor Russian folks who hate their leader and are stuck.

Trump had 45 to 35% approval rating. Last I heard, Putin is supposably above 60%. Who knows how accurate that is. But 40% would still be 57 million people disapproving.

I do wonder what happens after the war. Win or loose, sanctions could continue. The higher gas prices seems to be accelerating the adoption to electrics and more Interest in alternatives energies.

The higher gas prices seems to be accelerating the adoption to electrics and more Interest in alternatives energies.
That is why I usually reply "good for you" when people complain about the higher gas prizes they have to pay. Often they think I want to be cynical or sarcastic, and they do not see my honesty and the best wishes of my heart: I really think high gas prices are good for them, because high gas prices make them think about alternatives to using a car, and these alternatives are probably cheaper and more healthy.

Cities in USA are designed to fail.

The vast suburbs rely on cheap gas prices and also on roads and sewerage which miraculously will never require maintenance. In fact they do require maintenance, and then the owners of the pretty houses with pretty gardens along pretty steets are shocked when they see how much their part of their pretty street now costs them because they have to contribute to the maintenance.

So, they use their influence to make the city pay a higher share of the maintenance, which means the city needs more taxes, and that works best by making more suburbs for more tax payers, with more roads and more sewerage.

How can 300 million presumably intelligent humans decide that for going from one shop to the next shop at the same side of the same street, they don’t want to just walk a minute to the next shop, no, they want to walk a minute to their car, start it, drive on the street, drive to the next traffic light and take a U-Turn, take another U-Turn, drive on a parkin lot, park the car and then walk a minute to the shop?

Cheap gas is not healthy for the brain.

If the war was to end tomorrow Sanctions SHOULD continue until putin and his loyal inner circle are taken from power. The information war MUST continue until he's gone.

I think in the uk while everyone is upset about gas prices majority rather pay more then give money to russia.

And yeah everyone in first world countries really needs to get used to using alternative energy sources.

Reactions: schruti
Onlyfans put out a media statement. Looks like though they tried to work it out weeks ago, they can't keep paying accounts in Russia:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 1.35.17 PM.png

Not linking the Vice article that once again makes it sound much more flagrant and discriminatory than it actually is stated to be.

Onlyfans put out a media statement. Looks like though they tried to work it out weeks ago, they can't keep paying accounts in Russia:

View attachment 92514

Not linking the Vice article that once again makes it sound much more flagrant and discriminatory than it actually is stated to be.
Thank you for posting that. A couple of OF accounts that I was subscribed to became inactive overnight about 10 days ago.
The models had no contact from OF before this happened, and were surprised when I asked them about it.
I contacted OF Support to ask why, and all they would say was that the accounts were inactive (which was obvious from the 'inactive user' status on those pages).
I understand they wouldn't go into specifics with a subscriber, but it seems even the content producers were not told anything until well afterwards.

Thank you for posting that. A couple of OF accounts that I was subscribed to became inactive overnight about 10 days ago.
The models had no contact from OF before this happened, and were surprised when I asked them about it.
I contacted OF Support to ask why, and all they would say was that the accounts were inactive (which was obvious from the 'inactive user' status on those pages).
I understand they wouldn't go into specifics with a subscriber, but it seems even the content producers were not told anything until well afterwards.
I stick up for OF plenty but I'll hands-down agree that they are terrible about telling their creators/users first, THEN releasing media statements. Flat out awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.