AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russians Logged Into My CB Account

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2019
@punker barbie
Ms. Barbie,

I received several notices last night that my Chaturbate account had been logged into from Poland, Russia and, stranger still, New Jersey. I live in California. As the notifications recommended, I clicked on a link to lock my account.

I then tried to log into my account and, as expected, I could not. I clicked on “forgot password.” I promptly received an email asking that I confirm my identity by replying with the first six and last four numbers of the credit card I use to purchase tokens.

That might be a sensible way to confirm my identity, but it also raised a red flag for me. So I sent an email to Chaturbate support to double-check. I sent the email at about 1 a.m. PST, so it’s only been about nine hours since. Nonetheless, I want to raise the question with you as well:

Should I indeed email the first six and last four digits of my credit card to Support? Or is it a trick?

And as long as I’m here, another question: I live about 30 miles from the “Main Office” address on El Toro Road listed at the bottom of CB pages. If I were to drive there, would I find Real Live People who might help me?

Thank you.

Should I indeed email the first six and last four digits of my credit card to Support? Or is it a trick?
It's a trick, and there's a good chance nobody has actually logged into your CB account. Go directly to chaturbate.com to change your password there just to be safe, and set up 2 step verification while you're at it.

I received several notices last night that my Chaturbate account had been logged into from Poland, Russia and, stranger still, New Jersey. I live in California. As the notifications recommended, I clicked on a link to lock my account.
The notifications were fake, impersonating Chaturbate, so you were simply sent to a lookalike "Chaturbate" website when you clicked the link to lock your account. It's likely the hackers have a very large file of CC numbers and CVV/CVC numbers and are sending these fake notifications in the hope of both stealing your CB password and severely limit the amount of possible CC numbers connected to your account. The first six digits are the identifier for the card issuer (MC, Visa, AmEx etc.).

When you click "Forgot password?" on Chaturbate it works like on any other site:
You click "Forgot password?" and type your email address, after which you get a one time link sent to your email address. The link takes you to a web page where you set a new password, and the link is time limited and works only once. The mail you get looks like this.

pwreset.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. I appreciate your answers and recommendations. What you describe makes sense. But I don’t think it quite fits what happened to me.

First, I also got a notice from StripChat that there’d been a login attempt to my account from an unlikely location. The StripChat notification asked me to click on the link in the email only if the questionable login truly was me; if it was not me (and it wasn’t) I did not need to do anything.

As for CB, last night after the notices, I did go directly to the CB site (not from within the notification emails) and clicked on “Forgot Password.” I did *not* get the link you pictured; rather I got the email I described asking for credit card numbers. I did then email Support directly (again, not via the notification), but have not yet heard back.

Also, the “lock my account” link seems in fact to have locked my account. I have not received any notification emails today about models I follow being online; I usually receive many.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I appreciate your answers and recommendations. What you describe makes sense. But I don’t think it quite fits what happened to me.

First, I also got a notice from StripChat that there’d been a login attempt to my account from an unlikely location. The StripChat notification asked me to click on the link in the email only if the questionable login truly was me; if it was not me (and it wasn’t) I did not need to do anything.

As for CB, last night after the notices, I did go directly to the CB site (not from within the notification emails) and clicked on “Forgot Password.” I did *not* get the link you pictured; rather I got the email I described asking for credit card numbers. I did then email Support directly (again, not via the notification), but have not yet heard back.

Also, the “lock my account” link seems in fact to have locked my account. I have not received any notification emails today about models I follow being online; I usually receive many.
@punker barbie Can you confirm whether Support received my email? I have not received any response from Support yet. Can you offer any further help or explanation for my problem? Did fake users from Poland and Russia actually log into my CB account, or were the notifications themselves fake, as @CheeseMoon says? What do I need to do to get back into CB under my own account name? Thank you.

Upvote 0
That is a weird way to have an identity verified in a forgot password scenario. Credit cards do not last forever and the user could have initiated a forgot password routine after being away for years. Asking the user what CC he/she last used makes way too many assumptions anyway. I refuse to believe Chaturbate is that dumb, but I'm happy to be proven wrong!

But i'd be interested to see the real From: address on the mail asking you for CC numbers, if you want to share.

Upvote 0
That is a weird way to have an identity verified in a forgot password scenario. Credit cards do not last forever and the user could have initiated a forgot password routine after being away for years. Asking the user what CC he/she last used makes way too many assumptions anyway. I refuse to believe Chaturbate is that dumb, but I'm happy to be proven wrong!

But i'd be interested to see the real From: address on the mail asking you for CC numbers, if you want to share.
Yeah I agree.. and what about someone like me.. Registered user but I have never bought tokens.. so they do not have CC details to verify against.

Sounds VERY fishy (physhy? ;) )to me?

Upvote 0

That seems suspicious that you have notices from two different unrelated adult sites about your account.

Could be that this is not an issue with Chaturbate or Stripchat. Sounds to me like your personal email or your computer has been hacked which is a way more serious issue.

Upvote 0
Shot in the dark here, but have you ever logged onto those sites from a shared Wi-Fi? Like a hotel Wi-Fi or something else?

Wondering if you got compromised that way.

Upvote 0
Yeah I agree.. and what about someone like me.. Registered user but I have never bought tokens.. so they do not have CC details to verify against.
Yep. good point. Also, the card that is currently stored in my account on CB expired something like a year ago. The physical card has been cut into small pieces and its number erased from my password manager. I couldn't possibly verify myself now with the numbers that used to be on it.

Shot in the dark here, but have you ever logged onto those sites from a shared Wi-Fi? Like a hotel Wi-Fi or something else?
Wondering if you got compromised that way.
Could also be a reused username/password combo in one of the (many, many) leaks referenced on HIBP. Reusing a password is practically asking for trouble.

Upvote 0
I have still not heard back from Chaturbate Support or from @punker barbie about my locked-account problem. To recap:

I received emails apparently from Chaturbate saying my account had been accessed from Poland, Russia and New Jersey and recommending I click a link to lock my account. I did so.

Then I received an email again apparently from Chaturbate Support asking me to reply with the first six and last four digits of the credit card I’ve used to purchase tokens. I did not so reply. Instead, I emailed Chaturbate Support separately asking if they really wanted those digits or if I were the target of a scam of some sort.
It's a trick, and there's a good chance nobody has actually logged into your CB account. Go directly to chaturbate.com to change your password there just to be safe, and set up 2 step verification while you're at it.

When you click "Forgot password?" on Chaturbate it works like on any other site:
You click "Forgot password?" and type your email address, after which you get a one time link sent to your email address. The link takes you to a web page where you set a new password, and the link is time limited and works only once. The mail you get looks like this.

That seems suspicious that you have notices from two different unrelated adult sites about your account.

I never received a reply. But my Chaturbate account does appear to be locked. When I try to log in, it reports a problem with ID or password. When I request a password rest, I see a notice that a reset link had been emailed to me. But I do not receive such email. I have tried several times using different email addresses.

About the same time I received those first weird emails, I received an email from StripChat stating that attempts to log into my account there had arrived from unlikely locations. That email said that if those attempts were indeed made my me, to reply. If they were not from me, do nothing. I did nothing. My StripChat account is still fine and active and unlocked and functioning.

Thus I believe there truly were attempts to log into my Chaturbate account from god knows where by god knows whom. I still am dubious about the need to send Support my credit card digits.

I wish someone could tell me what is going on and how to re-activate, or whatever, my Chaturbate account.

Upvote 0
I received emails apparently from Chaturbate saying my account had been accessed from Poland, Russia and New Jersey and recommending I click a link to lock my account. I did so
oh hunny. you've been phished. chaturbate would never send you a link to click to lock your account. i'm sorry but you have been scammed. time to change all your passwords to that account and any that might share the same username/email/password combo.

Upvote 0
I have still not heard back from Chaturbate Support or from @punker barbie about my locked-account problem. To recap:

I received emails apparently from Chaturbate saying my account had been accessed from Poland, Russia and New Jersey and recommending I click a link to lock my account. I did so.

Then I received an email again apparently from Chaturbate Support asking me to reply with the first six and last four digits of the credit card I’ve used to purchase tokens. I did not so reply. Instead, I emailed Chaturbate Support separately asking if they really wanted those digits or if I were the target of a scam of some sort.

I never received a reply. But my Chaturbate account does appear to be locked. When I try to log in, it reports a problem with ID or password. When I request a password rest, I see a notice that a reset link had been emailed to me. But I do not receive such email. I have tried several times using different email addresses.

About the same time I received those first weird emails, I received an email from StripChat stating that attempts to log into my account there had arrived from unlikely locations. That email said that if those attempts were indeed made my me, to reply. If they were not from me, do nothing. I did nothing. My StripChat account is still fine and active and unlocked and functioning.

Thus I believe there truly were attempts to log into my Chaturbate account from god knows where by god knows whom. I still am dubious about the need to send Support my credit card digits.

I wish someone could tell me what is going on and how to re-activate, or whatever, my Chaturbate account.

You are saying you clicked the orange button that said "This was not me" right? Ok if you do that you can no longer do a password reset, you must go through support. If support has your ID on file they will ask you to take a picture with a note but I do not know the procedure if you do not have a card on file, it might be exactly what they asked, the first six digits and last 4. When you first contacted CB you should have received a reply with a ticket # right? isnt that ticket number also in the request asking for those cc digits?

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
A shame that CB hasn't answered yet, it's good you suspected that something was wrong and posted here. I've never heard of CB telling you to click a link to lock your account, so I'm highly suspicious, too. But it's weird that your account seems to be locked.

I'd recommend checking your email and password on haveibeenpwned as well. worth a shot

Upvote 0

Well, what do you know. Chaturbate actually DOES ask for the first six and final four digits of a credit card number. After I re-wrote Chaturbate Support today (just before re-posting the above here) I again received an email asking for said digits. I threw caution to the wind and replied with them, since I knew those alone were not enough to use my card. It worked. Chaturbate replied with a new, very long & complicated password, which I used. It required me to set up 2-step verification. But I'm back in my account, and all my tokens are there. Who knew? Nobody here, sadly, including, apparently, including @punker barbie. Even so, thank you all very much for your advice and support.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.