AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Same username, new model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
Lately I’ve seen several cases of an established model’s username being used by a different model on CB. It seems like most of the time it’s a one-and-done (maybe a new studio model borrowing someone’s account to begin learning?). Which is awkward for users, but ultimately, no real harm done.

But today something more interesting happened. I knew a model that had a respectable following on both CB and MFC that left modeling entirely a few weeks back. This morning, her username was broadcasting again on CB, but with a different model.

I chatted with her. She’s a brand-new model, and she will be broadcasting with that username permanently (with something like 12,000 followers carried over from the previous model). She was very nice and seemed a little nervous. I felt kind of bad for her because users kept asking her where the other model was. I assume the studio was responsible for giving her the recycled username, which also hung the responsibility on this new model to deal with some potentially unhappy users on her first few days.

Anyway - how do we feel about this? I feel like the studios that do this ought to show more respect to all parties - the users who followed the account expecting a specific performer to be there, as well as both models (the original performer who worked hard for that following and the new model they’ve set up for an icy reception).

Reminds me of when they replaced Aunt Viv on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Eh, in a way used to bother me. Now, ehhh. It’s business. New model already has a massive following which can be good. But, like other businesses which are bought and sold with clientele, up to the new owner to keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.