AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Second jobs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had two jobs while being a full time student, but I just quit both of them to fully enjoy my summer break because I'm exhausted haha. I will probably look for a new part time next fall :)

Digital adult entertainment is my primary job.

I don't know if it counts as a job but I do get paid soo I consider the following secondary forms of employment. I occasionally dance at at local restaurant. Ghawazi and more modern raqs Sharqi. So defs not a sexual/adult type job.

Before I started school (I'm now done again lol) I also did some real time adult entertainment.

But. Dunno if those count because when I did/do take work it's a maximum of a couple hours a week at the most.

I always have more than one thing going on. It helps to keep me mentally motivated especially during slow periods with camming and phone. Sometimes I just need break so I can focus on non-sexual things. I have a food truck business that started out as just an ice cream truck but has expanded from there. Also I do content marketing and social media work as well. Pretty soon camming will be my back up job.

I've always had two jobs while camming. I'm a programmer so I think I'll always do that while doing camming part time. I have to stay on top of tech and how things are changing in order to stay competitive.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I have a "real" job and I cam/sell content/ do phone stuff. I will say I have been strongly debating quitting my "real" job though and going to full time adult entertainment and companionship. Just have to find a believable story to tell my family how I make a living and can pay all my bills but I quit the only job they know about lol. Ive done the math and I make alot more per hour doing adult stuff than what I make at my retail job. If I could devote the hours I spend working retail to adult work Id be making even more money and would have way more freedom to enjoy my life while Im young and uncommitted to anything really (meaning I dont have kids or my own family or an actual career job to worry about).

I think a good cover story is virtual personal assistant or something to that effect- I mean its not entirely a lie right?
I know a cpl of execs who have them- they're well paid- or they're paying cam models to say they're virtual assistants..who knows..haha!

Camming is my second job. I have a full time job as a tradesperson as well.

I make more than enough camming even part time that I can quit my day job if I want but it's complicated. For example if I decide to go back to school (which I intend to do) how do I explain giant gaps in employment when I return to the vanilla industry?

I'm considering selling something like scentsy or monat to explain it to future employers and my family.

As well I dislike having all of my eggs in one basket. I need to branch out so my money is coming from several sites before I could feel finacially secure enough to quit. Sure I make enough but if my cam site went under tomorrow where does that leave me? If my vanilla job went under tomorrow I would have faster options to be making money again especially as I have a set of fairly specialized skills within my industry.

In short I'm a worrier and will likely continue to work a day job for a long time.

For a brief period last year during the fall, I had been working 3 jobs, and that was INSANE. Daycare worker...Santa's helper...overnight stocker at a grocery store. Then recently I worked as the Easter bunny at the mall, in addition to my daycare job. Little 'ole me inside of that big-ass Easter bunny head...that thing was so uncomfortable (and actually painful), I was coming home with neck and back aches. I'm still hoping to find a decent sugar daddy who's good at massages. :p

Now it's the daycare job, some paid photo shoots here and there, and Cams Nude Chat (daily pay), and occasionally Chaturbate (daily pay) when I have the patience and energy to deal with free chat. Lol.

Camming is my second job. I have a full time job as a tradesperson as well.

I make more than enough camming even part time that I can quit my day job if I want but it's complicated. For example if I decide to go back to school (which I intend to do) how do I explain giant gaps in employment when I return to the vanilla industry?

I'm considering selling something like scentsy or monat to explain it to future employers and my family.

As well I dislike having all of my eggs in one basket. I need to branch out so my money is coming from several sites before I could feel finacially secure enough to quit. Sure I make enough but if my cam site went under tomorrow where does that leave me? If my vanilla job went under tomorrow I would have faster options to be making money again especially as I have a set of fairly specialized skills within my industry.

In short I'm a worrier and will likely continue to work a day job for a long time.
Ive actually thought of investing in a lularoe startup and saying I earn my income from that haha Ill most likely end up saying I do some kind of secretarial work online I mean my parents arent tech savvy at all so they wouldnt even know how to start looking into it lol

Reactions: SophiaSophia
Quit my actual job (actually went on sick-leave before that and still have been for about a month, but soon it will be over) because had been there about a year and it was really crazy factory job and made my knees and back very ill. Had some great contacts for new job, but in the end didn't end up getting it. That's why I started camming, but I know, I had to find some "real" job also, maybe for just part-time, to keep my health insurance going (I have it for another year anyways because of school), and it would make it easier to say some to my family also. I would really like to make camming my biggest income source, but not sure yet, if I will succeed and for second job would do something professional (infotechnology and business...) thing, because have to make living. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.