AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I Wait?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except I didn't let it show. I kept smiling and chatting throughout the entire broadcast. I only let it get to me once the camera was off. I don't think I'm entitled to tokens - I just think it's ridiculous to earn 3.20$ in 4 hours.

I wish I'd known that sooner hahaha. Crap.

Yeah... A guy paid me to PM him, asked me to call him daddy and then proceeded to get angry at me and exit my room for refusing to show my ass for free. He said I needed to "work harder" in order to earn tokens from him. I was like uh... excuse me but what?

I don't know why they think just because they're in PM anything goes. Best thing to do also is watch other models and follow them to. Some are cool some are alittle witchy about it because they assume you're trying to steal their customers. I'm totally fine as long as you're not broadcasting, telling guys to come in your room, and things in that nature. Also if you ever happen to be in my room I always like giving tips to new cummers, since it's easier to say these things then trying to remember and type them. When I first starting camming I was given a brief tutorial by a top SM model so I feel like it's my duty to do the same to others who just started out and are alittle stressed about what's happening or what isn't happening.

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A LOW ROOM COUNT AND YOU THINK THIS IS STRANGE, PLEASE REFRESH YOUR ROOM.

Chaturbate is NOTORIOUSLY glitchy.

This is sooooo true! I have to refresh my room every other day as soon as I hit the broadcast button, and it's always fine for the rest of the night.

The models with 100+ people in their rooms with less-than-ideal equipment are there cause they've been consistently online for a while. I've been back on CB for 2 months after a two year break, and I'm finally getting back into the triple digits every night. It's all about time and dedication. Stay positive, use safe toys, and don't let people pressure you into lowering your rates. You can do this!

I mean thanks, dude, but... I see new girls everyday with 100+ people in their room with bad lighting, a shitty webcam and no audio, so... I'm pretty sure something went wrong and it's not just me.
Ok bob is right though and you didn't truly listen to what he said. You may not have shown your comparing yourself to other girls in your room, but you have here. Break the cycle before it shows that was his point. Ask yourself this. What does talking down other models do for you? Guess what I'm a model who uses a Microsoft lifecam (not a good camera at all). My audio has bugged out. At 18 I'm still able to live on my own, pay all my bills on time...with no other job. my stream disconnected 5 times today in 3 hours. Guess what it was my best day this pay period. Because I have these issues are you a more worthy model? Do you deserve the tokens over me? This is not meant to be harsh, it's a genuine curiosity. Go approach a member tipping a model with a poor stream and tell him you deserve his tokens over her, I'm pretty sure you won't get a positive response. I'm not saying it wasn't a glitch that caused your poor day. But I know this attitude your first day is bad bad mojo

Reactions: GenaBeau
@CutieHasBooty I guess she didn't want to offend anyone. When you're new, everyone tell you that stream quality is important to the point that you may think that without the best Internet connection and the best webcam on the market you will not make a penny.

When I started camming I couldn't afford ANY of recomended webcams. They were much more expensive in my country in that time. I bought an external webcam because it had better quality than built-in in my laptop anyway. Then I upgraded to Logitech. I still look forward to upgrade my PC because my procesor is a little outdated. It works fine but e.g. it would be pointless to try to work with SM for me because of specs they require.
But again, it takes time and I cannot spend all my money on equipment.

My point is you can be succesful without the best equipment ever created. Camming is more about your look AND personality. Don't forget about gaining following. It won't hurt to upgrade when you're ready for it because nowadays it's more competitive.

Last but not least, comparing yourself to other girls might sound like a good idea but it can also lead to feeling that you're not good enough or *why is she making it and I don't* thoughts.

chaturbate has been really glitchy the past couple of days, Try refreshing and never give freebies, Be yourself, play music and dance if it is quiet. And just like has been said here, never compare yourself to other models you dont know how long they have been camming on the site for to get the followers tha they havem it takes work and patience.I have been on there for 7 months now and am just getting a few really good regulars but I am really consistent with going online and it is now paying off. Wish I had been more consistent in the beginning. :)

Ok bob is right though and you didn't truly listen to what he said. You may not have shown your comparing yourself to other girls in your room, but you have here. Break the cycle before it shows that was his point. Ask yourself this. What does talking down other models do for you? Guess what I'm a model who uses a Microsoft lifecam (not a good camera at all). My audio has bugged out. At 18 I'm still able to live on my own, pay all my bills on time...with no other job. my stream disconnected 5 times today in 3 hours. Guess what it was my best day this pay period. Because I have these issues are you a more worthy model? Do you deserve the tokens over me? This is not meant to be harsh, it's a genuine curiosity. Go approach a member tipping a model with a poor stream and tell him you deserve his tokens over her, I'm pretty sure you won't get a positive response. I'm not saying it wasn't a glitch that caused your poor day. But I know this attitude your first day is bad bad mojo

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I didn't want to upset anyone.

I was salty because every website under the sun tells you to prepare for your first show because you'll get a large influx of people coming into your room to check you out since you're new. Every website under the sun also tells you that, if you want to succeed, you need a good quality camera when, in reality, it makes quite literally no difference at all. I just wish I had known sooner so I could've spared myself the money and, more importantly, the headache.

Again, I apologize. It was wrong of me to act the way I did and to say the things that I did. I'll wait until I'm more level-headed before I post, next time.

• Hugs
Reactions: RebelleHart and Gen
I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I didn't want to upset anyone.

I was salty because every website under the sun tells you to prepare for your first show because you'll get a large influx of people coming into your room to check you out since you're new. Every website under the sun also tells you that, if you want to succeed, you need a good quality camera when, in reality, it makes quite literally no difference at all. I just wish I had known sooner so I could've spared myself the money and, more importantly, the headache.

Again, I apologize. It was wrong of me to act the way I did and to say the things that I did. I'll wait until I'm more level-headed before I post, next time.
I am not upset doll :) . I only replied saying those things because I want to help you. I was you when I lost my new model status and recived a drop in viewers. I said why me why am I so bad what makes them so good and what makes me so bad. And it tore me to piece it ate me from the inside out, it lowered my self esteem, I lost it on cam, I cried at night. I questioned my worth, it didn't start out that way but it progressed into that. I don't want any other model to feel that. Bob is right, I know that because I've experienced that first hand and still in the back of my mind struggle with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: RebelleHart
I am not upset doll :) . I only replied saying those things because I want to help you. I was you when I lost my new model status and recived a drop in viewers. I said why me why am I so bad what makes them so good and what makes me so bad. And it tore me to piece it ate me from the inside out, it lowered my self esteem, I lost it on cam, I cried at night. I questioned my worth, it didn't start out that way but it progressed into that. I don't want any other model to feel that. Bob is right, I know that because I've experienced that first hand and still in the back of my mind struggle with it.

Yeah I know I've had those moments and my cam quality wasn't bad. I think we all reach that point sooner or later before we get back into the swing of things. Best thing to do is to change somethings up! Try doing something you haven't done before or layout your show differently.

-- snip --

Also I forgot to mention this (and don't know if anyone has) but definitely watch how guys respond to what you are wearing that day (makeup, hair, outfit). I know when I'm wearing black hair or more wavy/curly styles I get more guys in my room, especially if it's long in some way. You don't have to dress this way all the time but knowing those simple things can help you pick something to wear when you don't know what to put on.

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful advice and patience! I wish I could hug you all.

So, quick update: Chaturbate really is laggy.

My second show (yesterday) went much better than my first one, but I had to refresh my room nearly every half hour. The viewer count was never right, sometimes I thought the room was silent only to refresh the page and find out that quite a few messages had been posted, other times my viewers would tell me that I appeared as offline when I obviously wasn't... It was a big ol' mess, to be honest.

I haven't given up on Chaturbate quite yet because despite the lag, I still had a good time and reached all of my goals (which probably should have been set a little higher, but I'm still learning) despite the lag and constant refreshing, buuuuut... I did take new identification pictures for Streamate and possibly MFC as well. I don't know if working on more than one site is a thing (or if it's even permitted) so I guess I better figure out which one works best for me before I tumble down the Chaturbate rabbit hole and it becomes too late for me to experiment on other sites.

• Hugs
Reactions: GenaBeau
Thanks to all of you for your wonderful advice and patience! I wish I could hug you all.

So, quick update: Chaturbate really is laggy.

My second show (yesterday) went much better than my first one, but I had to refresh my room nearly every half hour. The viewer count was never right, sometimes I thought the room was silent only to refresh the page and find out that quite a few messages had been posted, other times my viewers would tell me that I appeared as offline when I obviously wasn't... It was a big ol' mess, to be honest.

I haven't given up on Chaturbate quite yet because despite the lag, I still had a good time and reached all of my goals (which probably should have been set a little higher, but I'm still learning) despite the lag and constant refreshing, buuuuut... I did take new identification pictures for Streamate and possibly MFC as well. I don't know if working on more than one site is a thing (or if it's even permitted) so I guess I better figure out which one works best for me before I tumble down the Chaturbate rabbit hole and it becomes too late for me to experiment on other sites.

Normally you can work on as many camsites as you like but there are a couple of things to consider.
1) New model status / promotion
At least MFC offers this only 1 time, after that it seems to be difficult to open a new account there to get new model status again. CB seems to be more easy going in this regard. I have no idea about other camsites.

2) Camsites is normally about building up regular visitors, if you stay only for a short while on each site you will likely end up with no regulars on each of them.

Just another general comment : you are the boss in your room so your rules count. You will likely spent many hours on cam so try to learn quickly what annoys you from members and how to deal with it, actually I would tent to ban first and ask questions later at the beginning, you will likely be busy to get used to camming and any distraction from an idiotic member , who will mostly not tip anyway, should be sorted out quickly.

Otherwise give yourself some time and see how it goes.

:)

Actually you could open CB in a seperate window, then you see your room from a member perspective, maybe good for checking if all is OK....

Reactions: Nymph3tte
@BobbyB You actually just reminded me of another issue I ran into during my broadcast yesterday: I couldn't ban anyone! No matter how many times I clicked, nothing happened. So I kind of just had to sit there and try my best to pretend the people who were spamming and/or demanding didn't exist. :grr: Thank you for your advice, though!

@BobbyB You actually just reminded me of another issue I ran into during my broadcast yesterday: I couldn't ban anyone! No matter how many times I clicked, nothing happened. So I kind of just had to sit there and try my best to pretend the people who were spamming and/or demanding didn't exist. :grr: Thank you for your advice, though!

I am not familiar with Chaturbate, but if functinality is not working the first thing you should try is use a different browser, sometimes things work in one browser but not in the other...

:)

So, guys... Today was officially my first day and I have a pretty thick skin but I'm not gonna lie, I want to cry right now because of how mindbogglingly horrible it went. So horrible, in fact, that my real-life friend who is also a camgirl, told me that something must have not worked on the technical side of things for it to go this bad.

Long story short: I was on for 4 hours and made a total of 3.10$, was verbally abused in private messages and never had more than 9 people in my room at the same time.

Only two people tipped. Only one person talked to me. I have a Logitech c920, good lighting, a nice background, I was playing music and moving around... and I was only wearing a bra and a skirt. All of that, on top of having new camgirl status. Yet, I never once had more than 9 people in my room at the same time. Some creepy grandpas who don't even speak have more people in their rooms than that.

The guy who tipped me the most amount of tokens was chatting with me privately and, at one point, told me that I should show my ass. I told him that the price for a booty flash was 30 tokens, after which he told me that I would "need to work harder than that to get attention from him" a.k.a that I should basically flash my ass for free. I refused to do it and he left my room. The only guy who spoke to me also had to leave, so I was basically left with seven people who did not tip or talk at all. I had to cut my broadcast short because I was literally starting to lose my mind.

Is Chaturbate ever glitchy? Because I'm pretty sure something technical went wrong. I shouldn't have only had 9 viewers. It makes zero sense.

So, yeah. I'm going to hop back on tomorrow and hope that things go by a lot more smoothly. Wish me luck. Right now, though, I need to go have a good ol' ugly cry in the bathtub.
Don't take it personal sweety. You have to gain a lot of followers before people start swarming in. I mean a lot of days I don't have any more than 10 people in my room. Other days I have 50 people in my room. But I'm very inconsistent with my times and I have a hard time staying on for longer than three hours. If I could quit being a flake I'd do alright. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.