AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I.............?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
Clearly my knee-jerk reaction to the newcomer's post was defensive, as I think her assumption that any discussion of Romanian girls on this forum are a) negative and b) made by girls was a bit out of line (and made me think she only read that one thread and doesn't really know the vibe around here.

I'll second the notion that MOST of the negativity on this forum (which isn't a whole helluvalot IMO) about EE girls comes from members saying they block that region. But I suppose to a newcomer/outsider, they see ACF as a "camgirl forum" and just lump every member here into "girls" before they realize there's a lot more members than models here.

I took the post personally, even though I shouldn't have.

As the originator, caretaker, moderator, administrator of this forum, you have every right to take things personally. This is your playground and you have been gracious enough to let us (especially members) come over and play.

I have said it elsewhere, but it is worth repeating: The people on this forum are some of the best on the planet. While I may disagree from time to time with the opinions of some, for the most part everything remains civil. We can agree to disagree.

I tend to disregard any one post poster. While I don't know if it is someone who has been a long-time reader of the forum and something just struck a nerve and they decided to become a member just to make a point or if it just trollish behavior. To me, that's irrelevant. If I make a claim, I'm going to stick around to see it through, as will all of the long-time members here.

Look around. It is quite the community you have created here. The threads range from camming to politics to religion to pop culture to who knows what.

And Amber, you've read enough of my nonsense to know this is in no way kiss-ass. You do a great job and kudos for keeping your sensibilities about you while wading through all of this.

AmberCutie said:
Clearly my knee-jerk reaction to the newcomer's post was defensive
agreed
was a bit out of line (and made me think she only read that one thread and doesn't really know the vibe around here.
well.....i think she got the vibe quite well actually.....but in that regard, i always pay my respects to luna, and that thing on her sig about "communication".....we do the best we can

if you don't take it personally, there's no point it taking it all..... :whistle:
or maybe....i'm living in an illusion :p

RogueWarrior said:
And Amber, you've read enough of my nonsense to know this is in no way kiss-ass. You do a great job and kudos for keeping your sensibilities about you while wading through all of this.

i probably have way less of rogue's nonsense....but i second this emotion

bob said:
well.....i think she got the vibe quite well actually.....but in that regard, i always pay my respects to luna, and that thing on her sig about "communication".....we do the best we can

I'm still trying to find out who first posted that link on the forum so I can give them credit.

That reminds me, I need to get a tinyurl account so my signature doesn't keep saying I have too many characters for all those links. x.x

RogueWarrior said:
AmberCutie said:
Clearly my knee-jerk reaction to the newcomer's post was defensive, as I think her assumption that any discussion of Romanian girls on this forum are a) negative and b) made by girls was a bit out of line (and made me think she only read that one thread and doesn't really know the vibe around here.

I'll second the notion that MOST of the negativity on this forum (which isn't a whole helluvalot IMO) about EE girls comes from members saying they block that region. But I suppose to a newcomer/outsider, they see ACF as a "camgirl forum" and just lump every member here into "girls" before they realize there's a lot more members than models here.

As the originator, caretaker, moderator, administrator of this forum, you have every right to take things personally. This is your playground and you have been gracious enough to let us (especially members) come over and play.

I have said it elsewhere, but it is worth repeating: The people on this forum are some of the best on the planet. While I may disagree from time to time with the opinions of some, for the most part everything remains civil. We can agree to disagree.

I tend to disregard any one post poster. While I don't know if it is someone who has been a long-time reader of the forum and something just struck a nerve and they decided to become a member just to make a point or if it just trollish behavior. To me, that's irrelevant. If I make a claim, I'm going to stick around to see it through, as will all of the long-time members here.

Look around. It is quite the community you have created here. The threads range from camming to politics to religion to pop culture to who knows what.

+1

I have been engaging in online discussions, for over 30 years long before the internet was the internet. I've spent a considerable amount of time in 3 or 4 dozen different online communities. (And still haven't figured out how to proofread my posts) While I am not willing to say that ACF has the best people on the planet, ask me in year and I may change my tune, I will say this has rapidly become one of my favorite online communities. I expected this place to have the some of the best visuals of any forum I am member of :mrgreen: and have not been disappointed. But I am also impressed by the thoughtful discussion, the humor, the caring and empathy displayed by the forum and I think I know why, AmberCutie

I have been struggling to recall a time where I witnessed, a forum moderator, admin, much less owner publicly apologize for a post to brand new member. On the scale of nasty things said on a forum, Amber response to Seduction, barely rises to the level of slightly discourteous. Yet she to took the time to issue an apology to a new member. That is a remarkably classy act,my hat is off to you, madam.

Lots of forums have several page guidelines for how members should behave. But I think far more important for those in charge, moderators, and old time members to be a role model on how to behave. Being as courteous Amber is really hard, but certainly worth striving for.

Ok can we all have a forum group hug models and members together , maybe in Vegas in Jan. :drool: :drool: :lol:

HiGirlsRHot said:
Ok can we all have a forum group hug models and members together , maybe in Vegas in Jan. :drool: :drool: :lol:

i don't do groups....but yeah.... :romance-grouphug:

if i didn't feel a part of this place, i wouldn't bother pointing out it's weaknesses :whistle:

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
HiGirlsRHot said:
RogueWarrior said:
The people on this forum are some of the best on the planet.

While I am not willing to say that ACF has the best people on the planet, ask me in year and I may change my tune, I will say this has rapidly become one of my favorite online communities.

Ya see how the omission of one little word changes the whole meaning? I point this out not to call out HiGirlsRHot (whom I just happen to agree with), but to reiterate Luna's point about being careful what you interpret from email, online posts, etc.

Actually, I'm glad this came up in this thread. This is something we both pretty much agree on, but could become a point of contention if we wanted it to. Imagine (ok, you don't really have to imagine, just start reading the forum) if this happened on something two parties disagreed upon. One omission, one misinterpretation, and the whole thing goes sideways.

Maybe we should all just take a step back and think before immediately responding. Which just kinda happens to be why this whole thread came about. Instead of responding to a specific thread (you all know which one I'm talking about), I just decided on a general rant.

And I'll leave it at that.

bob said:
was a bit out of line (and made me think she only read that one thread and doesn't really know the vibe around here.
It makes me unhappy that you think the vibe around here is that the cam girls on the forum are anti-Romanian.

And may I note, aside from the 'sad' comment ^^ right there, it has really been nice hearing these comments from you guys about enjoying ACF and how I run it. Been in a funk for a few days, and you squeezed a few smiles outta me. :)

Reactions: Nordling
AmberCutie said:
bob said:
It makes me unhappy that you think the vibe around here is that the cam girls on the forum are anti-Romanian.
I feel the only Romanian-involved vibe we get around here is yet another "should I go visit this girl in Romania?" thread, where the general "vibe" is, "great, here we go again."

I read a lot of threads on this forum (albeit not all) and when do we ever specifically talk about EE? Whenever we do, we tend to talk more about studios than individuals, and when we talk about studios it always goes like this: "There are lots of reasons for a woman to choose a studio. There are also some drawbacks. Some people think 50% of Romanian studios are run by the mafia [citation needed]."

Usually the only negativity toward Romanian girls comes from dudes who want to travel to meet them, assume they'll get laid and also question their motives. Everything those guys say should be taken with a large helping of salt. This is a pretty female friendly place no matter where you're from.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with asking for advice when traveling to certain places if you ask correctly. My hometown consistently makes those "Most Dangerous Cities" lists and though I feel passionately about where I'm from, I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone which parts of the city they would probably do best staying out of.

AmberCutie said:
bob said:

well...see?....that's why i always pay my respects to luna and the thing about communication in her sig.....i didn't mean to point the finger at just the models....and certainly not ALL the models, any more than ALL of the guys.

but there is a vibe, and maybe it exists -as evvie suggests- just because so many folks here are tired of the "i'm in love with a camgirl" threads, and the fact that its usually a romanian model that is the object of the guy's desire....i see those threads as a reflection on the guy tho, not on the model....and i see it -generally- as a compliment to the romanian personality.

fact is, most of the models i consider friends at MFC are romanian, and its because they tend to take a more "personal" interest in their regulars (which translates -in my experience- into not giving a crap about how old i am)....they're as interested in what makes me tick, as i am in what makes them tick, which DOES tend to create the old illusion/reality dilemma, because it's obviously about work for them, and less obviously about "meeting" (in the friendly, online sense), and getting to know, other people from other places.

but that only becomes a problem if you're a sucker for a pretty face.....or as so many point out here, you see camland as one vast dating site.....that's the attitude that sets up the "trap of the scam" and all the concerns brought here by those guys in their threads.

hope that squeezes a few more smiles out of you amber :-D

Reactions: LadyLuna
bob said:
AmberCutie said:
bob said:

well...see?....that's why i always pay my respects to luna and the thing about communication in her sig.....i didn't mean to point the finger at just the models....and certainly not ALL the models, any more than ALL of the guys.

but there is a vibe, and maybe it exists -as evvie suggests- just because so many folks here are tired of the "i'm in love with a camgirl" threads, and the fact that its usually a romanian model that is the object of the guy's desire....i see those threads as a reflection on the guy tho, not on the model....and i see it -generally- as a compliment to the romanian personality.

fact is, most of the models i consider friends at MFC are romanian, and its because they tend to take a more "personal" interest in their regulars (which translates -in my experience- into not giving a crap about how old i am)....they're as interested in what makes me tick, and i am in what makes them tick, which DOES tend to create the old illusion/reality dilemma, because it's obviously about work for them, and less obviously about "meeting" (in the friendly, online sense), and getting to know, other people from other places.

but that only becomes a problem if you're a sucker for a pretty face.....or as so many point out here, you see camland as one vast dating site.....that's the attitude that sets up the "trap of the scam" and all the concerns brought here by those guys in their threads.

hope that squeezes a few more smiles out of you amber :-D

The vibe you said she "got quite well" was that ACF is full of camgirls who hate on Romanian models. So it's more than you misspoke or misquoted (or that you misunderstood what I was upset at) than Luna's quote about communication. (Her quote/link is more about misreading people's tone via text. Can't tell sarcasm, joking, etc.)

But I'm hoping that you understand now how that could upset me... to see you agreeing with that statement in the actual context. And I see now that you understand the difference I was pointing out by the line that I bolded.

Thank you. No more clarification necessary. :thumbleft:

AmberCutie said:
The vibe you said she "got quite well" was that ACF is full of camgirls who hate on Romanian models. So it's more than you misspoke or misquoted (or that you misunderstood what I was upset at) than Luna's quote about communication. (Her quote/link is more about misreading people's tone via text. Can't tell sarcasm, joking, etc.)

But I'm hoping that you understand now how that could upset me... to see you agreeing with that statement in the actual context. And I see now that you understand the difference I was pointing out by the line that I bolded.

Thank you. No more clarification necessary. :thumbleft:

hmmm.....one more is necessary, in deference to luna's sig, and this entire subject :think:

SeductionG said:
Too many comments here and I decided to write because I just got angry when I saw that some girls here have such a bad opinion about Romania.

AmberCutie said:
bob said:

I noticed that too, but thought I always seem to end up getting caught up in arguments on here lately so I should keep my mouth shut. Maybe wasn't the intention, but was a sharp comment.

I also think that you Bob, although you're not saying bad things about Romanian girls are generalising them as much if more than the people who don't visit them. You're saying you visit them because basically they're nice to you and act like they care about you and ask about what you like etc. Well that's a massive generalisation in itself. Everyone is different and go to cam girls for different reasons. There are many who do want their ego to be stroked and be treated more like they're in a relationship with a girl, now I don't know from personal experience but from what I've heard and of the reasons guys tend to say they visit Romanian models this is it.
English/American girls, and really girls from a lot of other cultures do tend to be more blunt/realistic. Maybe it is because the chance of a member stalking a girl to Romania is a lot less likely than someone stalking someone in their own country. Possibly because they secretly think they'll get mugged. Who knows?
I know that I'm blunt/straight forward because I don't want members getting the wrong idea and getting hurt, or them getting obsessive. But I also do take a great personal interest in their lives and interests and spend hours on end chatting to them even off cam. I am a very good friend once you get to know me, but no, I don't pay complements to just anyone.

All camgirls cam differently. I'm sorry but I don't give a crap whether a camgirl comes from Romania, england, russia, america, switzerland, what difference does it make to me? I don't watch camgirls and Romanian girls are not exactly direct competition, sure we work on the same site, but chances are we'll be completely different and have completely different members etc.
From a members perspective, then yes, they do care about all that stuff, it personally effects them. Which is why it is not the girls in this forum who are bitching about Romanians, we do not care. It makes no difference to me where you're from, if you're cool and want to chat/hang out with us here then great! Otherwise do what you like! The only negative things I've heard being said about Romanian girls are from members. Seriously, since I've been on mfc that's all guys seem to go on about, moaning about how they do things for cheap, moaning about how they scam, moaning about how they don't love them, or do love them, moaning about their studios, blaming freeloaders on them.

I emphasise with you, I do, but could you not blame the girls for a large majority of guys on mfc judging girls on nationalities? We all get enough crap from them as it is!

Reactions: LadyLuna
I would kindly ask that, in the future, when a brand new person jumps into a discussion and makes an incorrect generalization, established ACF members try their best to clarify/correct when they have something wrong. When I see someone quoting and agreeing with something that is incorrect, such as:

SeductionG said:
some girls here have such a bad opinion about Romania.

it sorta sucks. It would be really awesome of ACF members to not add to incorrect suspicions by quoting and agreeing with newcomer's off-base posts.

Isabella_deL said:
I also think that you Bob, although you're not saying bad things about Romanian girls are generalising them as much if more than the people who don't visit them.
of course....that was why i used the words "in general".....but you're putting the cart before the horse......in my case, i tend to have a lot of romanian friends....and i never gave too much thought as to the "why" of that until this whole subject came up... and my generalization could be way off....it's based solely on my personal experiences.

but it's that perception that has allowed me to be sensitive to this topic.

You're saying you visit them because basically they're nice to you and act like they care about you and ask about what you like etc. Well that's a massive generalisation in itself.

it certainly is....but it's not the one i made.

I know that I'm blunt/straight forward because I don't want members getting the wrong idea and getting hurt, or them getting obsessive. But I also do take a great personal interest in their lives and interests and spend hours on end chatting to them even off cam. I am a very good friend once you get to know me, but no, I don't pay complements to just anyone.

i understand: i think your reasoning is sound and serves you well, and have no doubt that you have some very close friends at work.

I'm sorry but I don't give a crap whether a camgirl comes from Romania, england, russia, america, switzerland, what difference does it make to me?

finally....a question i can answer with certainty.....none!!!! :clap:

From a members perspective, then yes, they do care about all that stuff, it personally effects them. Which is why it is not the girls in this forum who are bitching about Romanians, we do not care.....I emphasise with you, I do, but could you not blame the girls for a large majority of guys on mfc judging girls on nationalities? We all get enough crap from them as it is!

of course....i've said all i wanted to say, anyway...and more than i thought would be necessary....i had no idea i was opening up such a can of worms, or that we'd have to dig around in them to find the word "some"......

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
AmberCutie said:
I would kindly ask that, in the future, when a brand new person jumps into a discussion and makes an incorrect generalization, established ACF members try their best to clarify/correct when they have something wrong. When I see someone quoting and agreeing with something that is incorrect, such as:

SeductionG said:

it sorta sucks. It would be really awesome of ACF members to not add to incorrect suspicions by quoting and agreeing with newcomer's off-base posts.

no worries....i'll never raise this topic again :lol:

bob said:
AmberCutie said:

SeductionG said:

no worries....i'll never raise this topic again :lol:
Ok. Now I just feel like I'm being mocked. The :lol: was really unnecessary. Locking this thread so I can stop being irritated by how people aren't taking me seriously. And by people, I mostly mean bob.

Sorry your thread turned into this, rogue. It was funny to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.