AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I.............?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2011
Yes. No. Do whatever the hell you want.

That is pretty much the advice you are going to get for any "should I ............." question.

Everyone on this forum is pretty much a normal, everyday schmo. We have no magical, mystical powers that can foretell the future, nor have any supernatural insight into what you should or should not do.

There are members here who have met/had a relationship with models. There are models who have met members. Neither has any bearing on your particular situation.

While this may seem like a safe place (and it pretty much is) to ask those sort of questions, the fact remains that any answers you may get is pure conjecture. Do you want the opinion of the 20 year old me or the 40 year old me? The answers are not going to be the same.

Do you want the opinions of those of us who have never met a model and have no intention of doing so? At least on an intimate basis. (Caveat: There are several models on ACF that I would like to sit down and have a beer with, but that would be as far as it would go).

You may be under the impression that since we are members of this forum that we have some kind of insight into the inner workings of the cammodel mind. We do not. And to believe so, would imply that all models are of the same mentality. That, my friend, would be foolhardy.

Sorry for the rant (or rants, if you read my last one), but sometimes, enough is enough.

While I agree with you to a certain extent, the same could be applied to almost everything in life. How many people go through the same issues, which have the same variables? People are always asking questions, whether it be for knowledge or guidance. It never hurts to ask a question and grab a few unbiased opinions on the matter.

Take for example the thread about someone wanted to visit a model from Romania. I've been asking a handful of my good friends, some other model friends and even a family member if they thought me doing the same thing would be a good/bad idea. So what? If they don't want to take the time out of their day to lend a few passing thoughts, no skin off my back, but I feel that a few of them have brought me out of this state of "I must do this" to a more "I'd like to do this, but..." mindset, which is healthy.

Don't like seeing people's unrelenting, random questions, just stop reading them :) Save yourself the effort.

Very many times in the model's only section, we'll see posts like this:

"Guys, I just wrote out a HUGE rant/post about my issues/bad day, but once I just got it out I felt so much better and I didn't need to post it (alt endingZ: once I wrote it out I realized what I needed to do)."

Very often it seems that people really do know what they want to do, but as part of sorting things out for themselves they just want to type it out and let other people affirm their actions.

Sometimes I get frustrated when I see people always posting the same issues, over and over! Clearly when we read their posts we see they've already made up their mind, so when we see essentially the same post once every week, we're all WHY U NO UNDERSTAND??

But for every individual person, it's an important step to them to help figure out what they want to do. It can be hard to liken your situation to a hundred identical ones; for us, our situation is always original. That's why folks keep making those posts (also, for people who are not a part of a community like this, they may not realize that their situation is common at all).

In the words of my Grandma and likely other wise people everywhere, if you have to ask, you already know the answer. Hehehe. Personally, when I know I'm about to do something with potentially idiotic consequences, I prefer to keep it under wraps. It's easier to play dumb later. Less I told you so comments to deal with. :cool:

JickyJuly said:
In the words of my Grandma and likely other wise people everywhere, if you have to ask, you already know the answer. Hehehe. Personally, when I know I'm about to do something with potentially idiotic consequences, I prefer to keep it under wraps. It's easier to play dumb later. Less I told you so comments to deal with. :cool:

Usually this is true, but 90% of the threads referred to here are "should I go meet (insert model here)"?
In which case, the answer depends on "do you trust this situation? Are you edgy just because you've heard bad things about that country, or is do you really not trust that model?"

When I was younger, I would say "I'll never meet someone from the internet. Ever." Mostly because my thought was you can't build the amount of trust it would take over the internet. Wish I hadn't said that, cause I proved myself wrong. I deeply love my partner now, and we met in an IRC chatroom.

Weirdtimmy said:
Don't like seeing people's unrelenting, random questions, just stop reading them :) Save yourself the effort.

And what would be the fun in that?

Don't take what I say too seriously. I don't.
:-D

Also, whenever I see a question as a thread title, I always say "yes" or "no" in my head as soon as I read it.

Then I read the thread and see if I was right.

True story.

Well, I've been there. My first post in this forum was kind of a should I... post, and then I stayed.

You have to realize that if someone spends a lot of time in Google trying to find a place to get some ideas or guidance, and then post to a forum when he doesn't know anyone about an issue that (one already knows) seems very stupid (like, who will give a shit about this?), it is because this person feels very VERY troubled.

In my case, you really don't know how important was for me to get some answers to my question, specially because sometimes you don't have anyone else to talk about these issues for obvious reasons. Evvie said sometimes it's just about writing what you have in your head. Yes, but sometimes it's also about some human interaction.

Anyway, I have to recognize that now I don't like the Should I... posts. Maybe they remind me my own silly questions some time ago.

theguitarrist said:
Well, I've been there. My first post in this forum was kind of a should I... post, and then I stayed.

You have to realize that if someone spends a lot of time in Google trying to find a place to get some ideas or guidance, and then post to a forum when he doesn't know anyone about an issue that (one already knows) seems very stupid (like, who will give a shit about this?), it is because this person feels very VERY troubled.

In my case, you really don't know how important was for me to get some answers to my question, specially because sometimes you don't have anyone else to talk about these issues for obvious reasons. Evvie said sometimes it's just about writing what you have in your head. Yes, but sometimes it's also about some human interaction.

Anyway, I have to recognize that now I don't like the Should I... posts. Maybe they remind me my own silly questions some time ago.
This struck a chord. For a long time I've been active in forum that deals with retirement and financially planning. The owner does a good job with search engine optimization and the forum is near the top of most google queries. So we get a lot of first time posters who are struggling to find advice. My husband is getting laid off "we have 30 days to decide if we should take a pension or a lump sum amount, what should we do".

My experience is that the financial forum, and probably forums in general, are not too great at telling people what to do, they are surprisingly effective at telling people what not to do. So for example should I go to Romania to meet this model I've know for 2+ years. Near unanimous, hell no. Now if he asked what should I do I instead, I suspect the response will be all over the map.

Anyway there is collective wisdom here, beyond the obvious and valuable tips to models. While follow your gut is generally good advice, sometimes peoples guts are completely wrong because they simply don't have experience in an area.

Experience keeps a dear school, yet Fools will learn in no other, Ben Franklin

Evvie said:
Also, whenever I see a question as a thread title, I always say "yes" or "no" in my head as soon as I read it.

Then I read the thread and see if I was right.

True story.

Yeah, I usually have a different answer in my head. One that I don't care to type out loud.

Really, though, I have stopped replying to those types of threads. Mostly because they don't really want an answer that contradicts what they already think. I understand the cathartic aspect to it all. That's why I made this thread. ;)

Also, I wrote this after seeing the thread mentioned in an above post. Guess I just had feeling about that one. After seeing where it ended up, think my feeling may have been justified. :dontknow:

Reactions: JickyJuly
It depends who it is and what they're actually asking about.

If this is about the meeting a cam girl in Romania, well that post was just fucking retarded. In fact it was possibly a troll/attention post because it was just so stupid. Or at least I'd kind of like to believe that more than that there is such idiocy in the world (please don't burst my bubble guys).

If someone is genuinely asking for opinions/help then I'm happy to give it. I'm one of those people, most of the time I can't help but answer/give it whether I should or not. I'm the person who will find out a guy I spent the night with actually has a girlfriend the next day, and will sit and relationship council him for the next two hours afterwards as he tells me the issues in the relationship/why he might be inclined to cheat etc. As I'm sat there like "ugh, you prick, I'd really like to go see my pony, but jeeze I feel I owe it to your girlfriend to try and help the situation".

What's so annoying about troll/seriously ignorant posts is that it's the whole "crying wolf" thing, so that when someone really does need help, no one will answer/help because everyone's fed up with wasting their time.

Sometimes I need to do the whole typing things out to realise the answer like Evvie said. Usually when this happens I will delete whatever I said afterwards, or I'll save it on my computer. I fact I'll often type out how I feel etc just to get it out of my system.

It's more irritating when someone's first post is something like that. You should at least try and take a care about who we are, how we talk to each other etc and take an interest in our lives before expecting us to give you attention. If it's someone I know off here, I might think it's a little silly, but I'm a lot more likely to be tolerant/softer with the person.

Hi everyone,

Too many comments here and I decided to write because I just got angry when I saw that some girls here have such a bad opinion about Romania.

I am a romanian girl and I worked in a studio too but that doesn’t mean the studios work with MAFIA.

I would suggest you to go and visit her, you have nothing to lose.

You can tell her to meet eachother on the capital, in Bucharest, this is the most easy way.
You don’t have to be afraid to meet her in the center here , you will often see people from other countries visiting Romania.

I am so sad when I hear such bad things about my country. Sometimes I wish I have a gun and shot all the politicians here, cause just because of them this country is going down.

SeductionG said:
Hi everyone,

Too many comments here and I decided to write because I just got angry when I saw that some girls here have such a bad opinion about Romania.

I am a romanian girl and I worked in a studio too but that doesn’t mean the studios work with MAFIA.

You can tell her to meet eachother on the capital, in Bucharest, this is the most easy way.
You don’t have to be afraid to meet her in the center here , you will often see people from other countries visiting Romania.

I am so sad when I hear such bad things about my country. Sometimes I wish I have a gun and shot all the politicians here, cause just because of them this country is going down.
For one, "some girls here"? I'm not sure where you got that. Please spend some more time reading other posts on the forum before you jump to thinking the girls here are haters. For two, we were telling him not to go for other reasons. There is a whole other multiple page thread about that.

You'll find it has very little to do with where she lives, but the situation this guy was going to put himself in.

AmberCutie said:
SeductionG said:
Hi everyone,

For one, "some girls here"? I'm not sure where you got that. Please spend some more time reading other posts on the forum before you jump to thinking the girls here are haters. For two, we were telling him not to go for other reasons. There is a whole other multiple page thread about that.

You'll find it has very little to do with where she lives, but the situation this guy was going to put himself in.

as Amber said, if you actually read all of that you will see that we were saying that Romania is not like that/not every Romanian camgirl is a scammer and the chances of that happening etc are really small.
I was actually quite insulted by what he said about Romania and the assumptions he was making.

The reason I then changed my mind about him going was when he told us the woman was a scammer/deliberately scammed people for a living and that he also has a "wife" and two children who he's planning on leaving home so he can meet/fuck the potential love of his life.

I'm pretty pissed off that you've written this without actually reading the posts. If you do you'll see that none of the girls said anything bad about Romanians (I made one very sarcastic comment which was also explained that I said it because the idea was so ridiculous), the only people who did say anything bad about Romanians were a few vague posts from members and the OP of the post.

Isabella_deL said:
AmberCutie said:
SeductionG said:
Hi everyone,

as Amber said, if you actually read all of that you will see that we were saying that Romania is not like that/not every Romanian camgirl is a scammer and the chances of that happening etc are really small.
I was actually quite insulted by what he said about Romania and the assumptions he was making.

The reason I then changed my mind about him going was when he told us the woman was a scammer/deliberately scammed people for a living and that he also has a "wife" and two children who he's planning on leaving home so he can meet/fuck the potential love of his life.

I'm pretty pissed off that you've written this without actually reading the posts. If you do you'll see that none of the girls said anything bad about Romanians (I made one very sarcastic comment which was also explained that I said it because the idea was so ridiculous), the only people who did say anything bad about Romanians were a few vague posts from members and the OP of the post.

Unless I missed something, how do you know she didnt read the majority of threads of the public forum and simply chose this thread to break out in ? As long as I've been here, I've always felt a primarily unspoken underlying xenophobia toward all eastern block folks ....

RogueWarrior said:
Mostly because they don't really want an answer that contradicts what they already think.

For the most part, I think you're absolutely right, and think it's this reason that make it so easy to paint a picture about eastern european models that feels -as zoomer pointed out- xenophobic sometimes.

We all draw on our personal experiences when we post here....and that includes the stories we've picked up about camland in our time there.....and it seems that if you don't have a lot of personal experience with Romanian girls (talking about them because I don't know much about Russian models, except alot of them are fun to perv with :lol: )....the stories from outside personal experience tend to be pretty negative.....that's the feeling I get from my experiences, anyway.

And that negativity really is the dominant message that's gets presented in threads about "love with a camgirl". It tends to minimize the individual circumstances -maybe because we're all so tired of dealing with each individual who comes here with a question that we've heard a dozen times before.

.... Do whatever the hell you want.

This really is the only answer that makes sense....but we continue to voice our opinion (I do anyway) because we feel that whatever situation the OP is in, we know something from our own experiences that he might learn from. Personally, tho, I do think that reinforcing the negative perception of Romanian studios and their models isn't helpful to anyone, unless it is the result of a personal experience......

Certainly the warnings that we always post have merit. But when they come off as generic warnings about studios, or countries, or the models that live in them......then it's fair to point it out.

That's all I think that SeductionG was doing
:twocents-02cents:

SeductionG said:
Hi everyone,

Hello Pink :lol:

SoTxBob said:
Unless I missed something, how do you know she didnt read the majority of threads of the public forum and simply chose this thread to break out in ? As long as I've been here, I've always felt a primarily unspoken underlying xenophobia toward all eastern block folks ....

It was pretty clear she was referring to that particular thread, to which it was the OP, and NOT the girls on this forum was saying that all studios are run by the mafia/illegal etc. And she said that she was angry that some of the girls here had such a bad opinion of Romania, to which I have not seen anywhere on this forum. If anything any of the comments against eastern european girls has been made from members. As several of my best friends are eastern european I know that these comments come from lack of education. It just pisses me off that she's blamed the girls, when she clearly hasn't read that thread through.

Isabella_deL said:
As several of my best friends are eastern european I know that these comments come from lack of education.
Of course it does....but "these comments" do persist here, Izzy
It just pisses me off that she's blamed the girls, when she clearly hasn't read that thread through.
don't know her at all....but i can't fault her for her perception.....as "the girls" i do feel you tend to present the camming version of a "unified field theory" :lol:

Reactions: SoTxBob
OK. Now look what you've all gone and done. How dare you take my innocuous little thread and make it into a relevant discussion. The audacity of it all. Hmmmph.

Green is sarcasm. Should be universally adopted. Stolen from another forum, but seemed to alleviate a lot of misunderstanding. (Sorry SoTxBob and others who use green font regularly, but there really should be some standard).

As far as the direction this thing is going: I tend to agree with SoTxBob. Not so much in his word choice, but in the spirit of what he is saying. There have been numerous threads in which members have said they block certain areas. I don't know if that is exactly xenophobic or, more likely, elitist.

When I was regularly on MFC, a lot of the models I frequented were Romanian or Eastern Bloc. Also, some were American. Some British, Australian, etc. Very equal opportunity, I was.

When you start to try to fill in details with a paint roller, nuance is pretty much lost. I think a lot of members forgo the broad brush altogether and go straight for the roller or even the paint sprayer.

This is why I think that if a person's gonna make Romanian cam girl remarks ("Yeah, because we all know how those Romanians love to....."), it wouldn't hurt to add "just kidding" at the end. I still use the phrase 'Sike!' even if it is an old 80s/90s phrase. :) I'd hate to have one of my posts misinterpreted and be accused of being prejudiced.

Like the comment Isabella made the other day (I don't feel like looking for it in that trainwreck thread...lol)...it was sarcasm, and most of us figured that's all it was. But a newcomer like SeductionG may not realize that, since there are some people who make assumptions about cam girls from certain countries.

Isabella_deL said:
It just pisses me off that she's blamed the girls, when she clearly hasn't read that thread through.

Hopefully, she'll stick around on the forum to see that we're pretty much a good group of decent, harmless people. :-D

Also, read my post right before this one. :) It's possible that she read a certain comment - in that other thread - and took it the wrong way.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Isabella_deL said:

Hopefully, she'll stick around on the forum to see that we're pretty much a good group of decent, harmless people. :-D

Also, read my post right before this one. :) It's possible that she read a certain comment - in that other thread - and took it the wrong way.
Yes, and since English isn't her native language she may have misinterpreted some comments, plus I've seen a lot of anti-Romanian comments elsewhere, so she may have seen one thing here and assumed it was a continuation of things she's seen elsewhere without reading every post carefully. Might be better to explain gently in this case rather than piling on. :D

The_Brown_Fox said:
I'd hate to have one of my posts misinterpreted and be accused of being prejudiced.
and it's the thoughtfullness of your posts that make that virtually impossible...i appreciate that.....not sure about the pink hair tho :lol:

Nordling said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Isabella_deL said:

Yes, and since English isn't her native language she may have misinterpreted some comments, plus I've seen a lot of anti-Romanian comments elsewhere, so she may have seen one thing here and assumed it was a continuation of things she's seen elsewhere without reading every post carefully. Might be better to explain gently in this case rather than piling on. :D

You're right, I've seen some horrible things being said about Romanian girls by members. Was in that AngelicParty's room, after all the girls went groups I had it on in the background as i was messaging with a regular, stupidly I read through some of the stuff they were saying, it was horrible. Not nasty things towards the girls, just the way they were talking about romanian girls, like they were dogs, like they weren't anything more than slabs of meat with no thoughts or feelings. Hearing that stuff, I'm not thinking "oh my god, all these nasty Romanian girls" I'm thinking "You disgusting pricks" towards the members.

Romania is a poor country, some of it, I'm not sure how much, is in serious poverty, many people from America/England have not been near real poverty/poor conditions. I guess maybe some find that scary. Some men also get drawn in by the idea they might be a hero, and then realise the girls don't really need/want saving and get bitter and angry with them. As far as I have heard of Romania, besides my Hungarian friend, in the media it's all to do with charities and people I know going out there to help people, seeing as a lot of the media represents it like the slums in india, many will feel like just talking to Romanian camgirls is going to result in a mugging. I would hope that if you're wanking over someone/thinking of visiting them in their country you might try learning a little bit about it.... but then I am female and still have some small faith left in men.

One of the conversations they were talking about in the AngelicParty's room were russian brides, they all seemed to have a lot of knowledge on this, quite a few of them were going on about how the girls would just be grateful and happy that they're being taken out of that lifestyle and allowed to live in america. Yes maybe this is true, but there's something about the way the guy said it that gave me chills. What are other peoples opinions on that? There's something to me about believing a woman is so much in poverty that she has to sell herself, not just her body, but her life to a complete stranger so she/her family can eat/live, and still wanting to take advantage of her bad fortune, maybe I'm alone on this, but it makes me shudder.

Clearly my knee-jerk reaction to the newcomer's post was defensive, as I think her assumption that any discussion of Romanian girls on this forum are a) negative and b) made by girls was a bit out of line (and made me think she only read that one thread and doesn't really know the vibe around here.

I'll second the notion that MOST of the negativity on this forum (which isn't a whole helluvalot IMO) about EE girls comes from members saying they block that region. But I suppose to a newcomer/outsider, they see ACF as a "camgirl forum" and just lump every member here into "girls" before they realize there's a lot more members than models here.

I took the post personally, even though I shouldn't have.

AmberCutie said:
Clearly my knee-jerk reaction to the newcomer's post was defensive, as I think her assumption that any discussion of Romanian girls on this forum are a) negative and b) made by girls was a bit out of line (and made me think she only read that one thread and doesn't really know the vibe around here.

I'll second the notion that MOST of the negativity on this forum (which isn't a whole helluvalot IMO) about EE girls comes from members saying they block that region. But I suppose to a newcomer/outsider, they see ACF as a "camgirl forum" and just lump every member here into "girls" before they realize there's a lot more members than models here.

I took the post personally, even though I shouldn't have.
I don't think it was totally knee jerk, after all, you were right. I only meant by my post that maybe we shouldn't all pile on her post angrily. I really really really admire your humility and thoughtfulness. I wish I was half as thoughtful sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.