AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should members be tipping all the models they follow a similar amount?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you think members should tip all the models they spend time with a similar amount?

• No, they can tip whoever they want whatever they want whenever they want.

Votes: 91 90.1%
  • No, but the should be honest about tipping another model a lot more.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Yes, it is unfair to tip one model more than another.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it could hurt another model's feelings to get a lot smaller tip.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • They can tip who they want but bigger tips to other models should be kept anon.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I don't really have an opinion on this.

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexi Emerson

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 11, 2014
Your mom's vagina, USA
Twitter Username
@lexisloancam
MFC Username
lexisloan
Chaturbate Username
foxielove
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/108450/Lexi-Sloan/
There was a little bit of drama today about a member tipping a top model a pretty high tip and another model felt it was unfair because he apparently never tipped a similar amount to a lower ranked model despite spending a lot of time in the girl's room. At least that's the gist I got from it.

I didn't start this thread to talk about that specific drama but it made me curious how people felt about members tipping models differing amounts? I never realized it was a controversial thing until I saw all the responses on Twitter.

I am super curious to hear what everyone else has to say on this, including members! If you have a differing opinion than I gave in the poll options (I know I probably oversimplified my answers) please share it!

I personally don't care how much anyone tips other models. If I see a member who I am close to tip another model an insane tip I guess my feelings would be a tiny bit hurt but I would never call it unfair and freak out at said member. It's the member's money in the end and he can do what he pleases with it. I don't own any members and I feel it would be silly to get super upset about his tipping habits. Maybe a different model is more to his taste. As long as he is contributing in my room when he is there, I am generally content.

Idk anything about the drama. But I think if it was me I would be in my feelings a bit. Because if you have a member that frequents your room often and has a small tipping range for you (0-500/month) but then you find out he's like this girls highest tip. You're obviously going to take that alil personal. Yeah, we don't own members but I think it's human to be slightly upset and hurt.

I think if a member spends a lot of time in a girls room he should tip accordingly. Or even if say he tips bigger amounts to girl A, maybe drop some nice tip bombs on girl B every once in a while.

I definitely think members can and should tip whatever models they want, whatever amount of tokens they want. Anything else is crazy to me.

However, there are members who treat low camscore girls like low camscore girls. I shared a member with a top girl once and he would come in and give me 20 tokens and hang out for the whole night which was fine until I saw he was in someone else's room tipping her thousands every night and basically the center of her room. I truly don't think that this guy just liked her more, had more fun in her room or anything else. The fact is I had very few people in my room so everyone that came into my room got a lot of attention. I think this guy just liked being a regular, liked hanging out in my room and liked the cheaper attention. In top model rooms you do sometimes have to bid for attention and low camscore girls are a great way to avoid that. I think this particular guy saw us both as deserving different amounts strictly based on our popularity and that member thought process is a problem. How much you tip someone should be based on how much you are enjoying the show, how much you can afford, etc, not how much other people are tipping. Going into a girl's room and thinking that part of her charm is that she will be more thankful for less money is disgusting and pretty common mfc member behavior.

Again, I completely think people should spend whatever they want on whoever they want, I just hope those decisions are based on how much they are enjoying themselves. I don't know what drama you're referring to but if the model complaining is doing so because she feels like her member wasn't tipping her because she isn't worth it based on her popularity or camscore then yes, of course that sucks. She shouldn't be blaming his spending habits or saying he owes her a certain amount, that's childish. She should instead just ask herself whether this member respects her time. If he doesn't, kick hiss butt to the curb.

I definitely think members can and should tip whatever models they want, whatever amount of tokens they want. Anything else is crazy to me.

However, there are members who treat low camscore girls like low camscore girls. I shared a member with a top girl once and he would come in and give me 20 tokens and hang out for the whole night which was fine until I saw he was in someone else's room tipping her thousands every night and basically the center of her room. I truly don't think that this guy just liked her more, had more fun in her room or anything else. The fact is I had very few people in my room so everyone that came into my room got a lot of attention. I think this guy just liked being a regular, liked hanging out in my room and liked the cheaper attention. In top model rooms you do sometimes have to bid for attention and low camscore girls are a great way to avoid that. I think this particular guy saw us both as deserving different amounts strictly based on our popularity and that member thought process is a problem. How much you tip someone should be based on how much you are enjoying the show, how much you can afford, etc, not how much other people are tipping. Going into a girl's room and thinking that part of her charm is that she will be more thankful for less money is disgusting and pretty common mfc member behavior.

Again, I completely think people should spend whatever they want on whoever they want, I just hope those decisions are based on how much they are enjoying themselves. I don't know what drama you're referring to but if the model complaining is doing so because she feels like her member wasn't tipping her because she isn't worth it based on her popularity or camscore then yes, of course that sucks. She shouldn't be blaming his spending habits or saying he owes her a certain amount, that's childish. She should instead just ask herself whether this member respects her time. If he doesn't, kick hiss butt to the curb.

Everything I said but in much better words

I definitely think members should tip who they want freely. Everyone has their favourites and that is totally understandable. The only case where this has ever upset me before is with a member that never, ever tipped me, despite hanging out in my room all the time and becoming part of the "regular" group. With those members, it's nicer to assume they just can't afford tokens than to feel like you're not good enough to tip. So when you see them dropping bombs on other girls it can sting a bit. I totally get wanting to spoil your favourite, but if you can afford to do that I think you should also try and contribute a few nickles here and there to the other girls who's entertainment you enjoy.

They can go ahead and tip whomever they want whenever they want, but tact is a thing that exists, and is occasionally good to have.

How much you tip someone should be based on how much you are enjoying the show, how much you can afford, etc, not how much other people are tipping. Going into a girl's room and thinking that part of her charm is that she will be more thankful for less money is disgusting and pretty common mfc member behavior.

Ideally, maybe, but it will never happen because of the the rest of what you said, which amounts to supply and demand. Some members tip because they appreciate and enjoy, and some tip for attention. If that attention can be gotten at a lower cost because a lower camscore model has more of it to go around, that's all they're going to give.

I do believe in free will, we can't control if client X or Y tip girls differently. I'm just happy with my part of the cake. As long I'm receiving something, it's all good. And if I am not at the moment, it's ok too, I just wouldn't do anything else without expecting some tips. No freebies lol

I think it depends. A member should feel free to tip whoever, whenever, ect. BUT don't be a douche who complains about having no tokens/freeloading/timewasting in one model's room then dropping nukes in another model's room. This is considering that they are regulars in both rooms.

There was a little bit of drama today about a member tipping a top model a pretty high tip and another model felt it was unfair because he apparently never tipped a similar amount to a lower ranked model despite spending a lot of time in the girl's room. At least that's the gist I got from it.

Yeah, sometimes on MFC you see some things that do sting a little. But if you bring it up, the guy will probably just accuse you of acting like a jealous girlfriend or something.

Yup, you have members who will probably drop several three or four digit tips in the rooms of the more popular/higher cam score girls, but when they come around to your room they absolutely will not tip you 50 tokens for that flash they want so much. They start talking to you like they're at a yard sale. "How 'bout I give you __, and you pop out a boob?" They act like we should just be grateful to even be getting tipped, and clap giddily and obey when we're given a Scooby snack. Lmao.

The rational part of my brain says that obviously people should be able to use their money however they want. And on a similar vein, there's some artists who I've spent a lot more money commissioning than others, despite being friends with both of them, because I just preferred one art style over the other. I think camming is similar: if someone prefers someone else's presence over mine and would rather tip them, then so be it.

But of course, I'm also a human being, and I think I'm allowed to react in a hurt manner if I see it (and I have seen it - one guy has tipped me a total of 60 tokens in the last four months despite always coming to my room, while he tips people from his own country way more). That doesn't mean, however, that I would put the person on blast or start drama over it. I can react in my own head because I'm human and it's gonna happen whether I want it to or not. I can say to myself I'm being irrational all I want, but it won't stop me from feeling the way that I do.

I asked a regular why he tipped a top model 5000 and me 500. He said it was nothing to do with the model or me but everything to do with the other members who would see. Apparently I didn't have enough big time tippers for him to impress!

But a member can tip who he likes what he likes.

Their tokens, their choice. C'mon top-girls fans, if all of you wanna tip me with 20 tokens I don't have a problem with that hahaha.

On the other hand, I hate when the guy thinks that you have to be forever grateful because you're an average girl with few people in the room and he compliments you and thinks that you're going to do a full show for 100 tokens ("You're my favorite, you have potential, If you do things in the right way I'm going to tip you much more") and then you see them tipping 2000 tokens in a popular room without that attention and you feel like trash but that's a different thing.

I asked a regular why he tipped a top model 5000 and me 500. He said it was nothing to do with the model or me but everything to do with the other members who would see. Apparently I didn't have enough big time tippers for him to impress!

But a member can tip who he likes what he likes.
Hm, I would have thought the idea would be to impress the model? Is there some "high rollers" club on cam sites I'm missing out on, since I don't care who sees my tips beyond the model? Some sort of gentleman's club where we smoke cigars and talk of the news of the day?

Hm, I would have thought the idea would be to impress the model? Is there some "high rollers" club on cam sites I'm missing out on, since I don't care who sees my tips beyond the model? Some sort of gentleman's club where we smoke cigars and talk of the news of the day?

Lounge100,000. But we don't talk politics, so park that at the door when you come into smoke.

Reactions: Entertainer33
Lounge100,000. But we don't talk politics, so park that at the door when you come into smoke.
Yeah, but I can quietly tip tokens and get in there without some VIP vetting me. I'm wondering why the need to impress some dude on a cam site. :pompous:

Hm, I would have thought the idea would be to impress the model? Is there some "high rollers" club on cam sites I'm missing out on, since I don't care who sees my tips beyond the model?

I guess it's the whole chest-bumping "YEAAAHHH!!! I'm THE man!" thing where some guys seek approval/praise from other guys. Quite the ego-booster, I suppose, when you've got a bunch of other guys posting *applause* emotes for you right after you tip.

I am happy to tip any model the same amount as any other, for those asking for less than I would usually spend I do tend to spend the extra I think they deserve. Having said this there really is no obligation to do so, and taking the occasional cheap good time/ bargain feels okay when I do. I suspect many members do look for a bargain, the risk being the model sensing that she is 'on sale'.

Top models can take a bigger spend from time to time, but it is not unfair to others, usually they have earned it and often more than earned it. It isn't based on time spent but on impact on the member.

Inertia to spend is usually pretty strong (for a whole heap of reasons), so for someone we like it takes quite a bit of 'love' to get things started. Many models get something started then just cut it off before the real action begins or do something that delays our wanting to start something next time. Some models just don't do this, you visit always willing to enjoy them so they have the advantage.

I actually find it alright for the model in the OP to call the member out if she feels they get more pleasure from her than the other model. Nothing wrong with enhancing the buyers regret and highlighting what they missed out on. It is a bit arrogant towards the successful model, but only if you are wrong.

If I see a member who I am close to tip another model an insane tip I guess my feelings would be a tiny bit hurt but I would never call it unfair and freak out at said member.
This is pretty much my thought on it. It's hard not to feel a little jealousy, it's a human trait. But we can choose how we visibly react to it, and I think lashing out at the member, and especially the model, is bad.

I think a situation where it would feel the worst is if your members know you're doing a big rank push and you've advertised hyped it up, then one of your regulars spends HUGE on another model and not very much on you during that time. It would kind of feel like a sign that they don't actually support you/your goals, and it would be hard not to take it personally.

Is there some "high rollers" club on cam sites I'm missing out on, since I don't care who sees my tips beyond the model? Some sort of gentleman's club where we smoke cigars and talk of the news of the day?
I do believe there are cliques of "high rollers" in particular models' circles. They tip to thrill their favorite models within the circle, and also to show off to their fellow members there.

Sadly this is the kind of thing that has has me pull away from camsites generally (and even ACF to a lesser degree). I still enjoy hanging out with and tipping my favorite model, but I rarely venture out to other model's rooms that I've visited in the past, and never go out searching for new rooms anymore. I realized trying to be egalitarian with how I was tipping was becoming too stressful; I joined MFC to hang out and have fun, and when it started to become something I started to overthink I knew I needed to take a step back. (It hasn't helped that I had some past experiences that made me feel like just a commodity, and that sucked.) I'm burnt out on the MFC rat race for sure!

Quite the ego-booster, I suppose, when you've got a bunch of other guys posting *applause* emotes for you right after you tip.

I do believe there are cliques of "high rollers" in particular models' circles. They tip to thrill their favorite models within the circle, and also to show off to their fellow members there.

I think I'm the opposite of a lot of the "general public" on MFC, I've always hated the applause after I've tipped. Which is why, when MFC implemented the new tip commands -s and -h ("silent" and "hidden") I was overjoyed (it keeps me sane)! It's always amusing when a fellow member asks something like "how much did he tip?" or says "hey, it doesn't say how much he tipped", and I just think to myself..."exactly bro" :p

Oh, and the fact that you can now use tip commands from the Lounge is a wonderful thing too!

I find it interesting that 2 people have voted for "No, but the should be honest about tipping another model a lot more".I would like to hear their reasoning behind it. I would have thought that's the last thing you should do unless you want to piss a model off. I couldn't imagine saying to a model "You're only my second favourite and I'll tip you a small amount while I wait to drop bombs when my favourite get on" Maybe you'd put it in a nicer way then that but the sentiment is still the same and just seems like all it would do is make the model feel down which I would never try to do intentionally.

I find it interesting that 2 people have voted for "No, but the should be honest about tipping another model a lot more".I would like to hear their reasoning behind it. I would have thought that's the last thing you should do unless you want to piss a model off. I couldn't imagine saying to a model "You're only my second favourite and I'll tip you a small amount while I wait to drop bombs when my favourite get on" Maybe you'd put it in a nicer way then that but the sentiment is still the same and just seems like all it would do is make the model feel down which I would never try to do intentionally.
I'm actually surprised that option has 2 votes, as many times when a similar subject comes up around here, models seem unified on the front of "I don't want to hear about the tokens you spend on other models".

I just love that someone voted "I don't have an opinion on this" despite taking the time to open the thread, read the posts(s), and then going so far as to vote :p

• Funny!
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u

Maybe that answer was intended to fall under the "Tip models whatever you want, but don't lie to models about why you "couldn't" tip this and that" category? If a member and a model tend to visit the same chat rooms, that would be awkward if you're in Model A's room, and you tell her "I wanna tip you so bad, but my card's been hacked, so now I'm waiting for the new one to come in the mail." And a bit later that night y'all are in a different model's room, and you're in there "making it rain" in that model's room. Lol. Model A is gonna be a lil' salty over that. What was the point in telling her that ridiculous lie?

I liked what Entertainer said about tact and good manners.

I wish the poll had an answer choice of "They can tip whoever they want whatever/whenever, but I don't need to hear about the $200 Beats by Dre headphones they just bought today (or the 2,000 tokens they just spent on a random model earlier today). And please don't tell me silly lies about why you "can't" tip. You CAN...you just chose not to. Ya didn't have to lie to me..." I totally would've chosen that answer. :)

Like others have said, I feel like members are allowed to tip whoever/whenever/however much they want, but imo it's only right that if you spend a good bit of time chatting with a model or in her room, you toss her something worthwhile at some point, instead of blowing your wad on 1 high camscore girl. I have a couple regulars, one that has never tipped but is fun to chat with, and one that has tipped once, 200 toks i believe, so not much at all, and they're in my room every night.

Really, I dont want to know if they're dropping bombs on higher camscore girls, nothing good can come from that, as far as getting my feelings a lil hurt. I slowly distance myself from them due to not tipping, and let them know, while their chat is fun, they're excessively freeloading and that's just. not. cool.

• Hugs
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I believe that every member/model relationship or interaction is different. Each is it's own and it shouldn't be compared to other relationships/interactions.

In my camroom, I "share" a few members with other awesome cam girls and sometimes the member tips them more. It's really none of my business how much the member tips or why they tipped another model. I am happy for them and I would hope they would be happy for me if the opposite were true. Jealousy is a human emotion and it can be hard to ignore but it is not worth overreacting in the end. Your focus should be on your own cam room and the entertainment it brings your regulars and thinking of new creative ways to bring in new tippers.

No model likes to hear why a member cannot tip. I made it a general rule in my camroom that if you cannot tip, do not apologize or tell me why you cannot - just hang out and have some fun conversation. If you are already a premium, this costs nothing and can make a model's day!

In the end, I always remember that members spend a lot of money on tokens and who they choose to spend them on is totally up to them. All I can do is be the best cam lady I can be and maybe some of those tokens will be thrown my way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.