AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Shout out to all you fellow 80's kids!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

headgasket

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 9, 2017
United States
Twitter Username
@SaffronSundae
MFC Username
headgaskets
Streamate Username
headgasket
Chaturbate Username
headgasket
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000477450/headgasket/
I tried explaining to a 20-something what it was like to be a kid in the 80's and they weren't impressed about how much of a cool kid cred that Lamborghini Countach Trapper Keeper was. Yes, I owned one and I wished I still had it ;__;

Kenny Loggins was the coolest guy to put in your movie soundtrack and 80's Val Kilmer still makes my heart skip a beat. Ford Tarus was the "car of the future" and Return to Oz gave me nightmares of my parents removing their heads like the witch for years to come.

members-only-triplets.jpg

I am 31 and thus was a 90s kid, but there was and still is this just fascination in me for the 80s. A lot of my favorite things come from the 80s. A lot of pop culture from that period just really hits a special chord with me. It is hard to put a pin on it, but I feel like going back to it, whether by music or movie, puts me in a happier place where anything seems possible.

I'm more a child of the 70s, but I consider myself an adopted child of the 80s. Lots of nostalgia about the 80s for me.

I remember New Years Eve 1979...at midnight, I tore off my plaid corduroy bell bottoms, hurled them across the room, and collapsed to the floor sobbing. It was over; the long nightmare was finally over...and somehow I had survived.

I am 31 and thus was a 90s kid, but there was and still is this just fascination in me for the 80s. A lot of my favorite things come from the 80s. A lot of pop culture from that period just really hits a special chord with me. It is hard to put a pin on it, but I feel like going back to it, whether by music or movie, puts me in a happier place where anything seems possible.

I hereby give you the title as "honorary child of the 80's"!

• Funny!
Reactions: Val Vega
Fucking wood paneling.
Our house was all wood paneling and bright orange paint. Then sometime around 1990-91, it's like we just woke up and said "What the hell were we even thinking?"

fukin hippies, man

On a side note, what constitutes a "child of (decade)" or "(decade) kids"? I always say I "grew up" in the 80s. In the 80s I was 12 to 22.

On a side note, what constitutes a "child of (decade)" or "(decade) kids"? I always say I "grew up" in the 80s. In the 80s I was 12 to 22.

Such a good question. I guess in my head I've always looked at as the decade you were born in. But, I can see the point of it being considered as the decade you come of age.

I was born in 84 so I have solid memories of the last part of the 80s and then all of the 90s. I think I'm probably more nostalgic to stuff from 88-94. But, I love the period of the 80s more than the 90s.

This also reminds of the issue I have when I'm labeled a millennial based on my age, but I don't feel it really lines up with my life path.

Yup, Duran Duran hairdos, Howard The Duck received a full length film, and Sega was battling Nintendo. Cars still had a lighter in them, and a car phone was a bout the size of a mini Hummer. There is one incorrect nostalgia in contemporary throwback movies/shows, and it's about the video arcades. They were definitely not friendly places full of nerds, but rather dark caves to meet up with fellow gangs.
I was born on 81, so I pretty much saw the transformation. Damn I feel old now...

Such a good question. I guess in my head I've always looked at as the decade you were born in. But, I can see the point of it being considered as the decade you come of age.

I'm a three-decade kid. Born in 89, so I was raised on hair metal and other glorious 80's rock, which we would listen to throughout my childhood. I remember most of the 90's (decent memories from 91 on), so I remember tamagotchi, furbies, beanie babies, and Power Rangers - we couldn't afford the toys and I wasn't allowed to watch the show because it was "too violent", but I remember them. I was a teen in the 00's, during which time I would entertain myself on the weekends by seeing how big I could make my hair, in appreciation of previously-mentioned hair metal. I enjoyed the decade I was in while also appreciating the music and movies of the 80's, which were absolutely everywhere at that point, because we were having a cultural 80's resurgence.

I also LOVE telling people that my phone number is 867-5309, and am shocked, SHOCKED I say, by how many people... Don't get it.

Yup, Duran Duran hairdos, Howard The Duck received a full length film, and Sega was battling Nintendo. Cars still had a lighter in them, and a car phone was a bout the size of a mini Hummer. There is one incorrect nostalgia in contemporary throwback movies/shows, and it's about the video arcades. They were definitely not friendly places full of nerds, but rather dark caves to meet up with fellow gangs.
I was born on 81, so I pretty much saw the transformation. Damn I feel old now...

SQUEE!!! I LOVE Howard the Duck! yeah, yeah everyone HATES it but. I'm from Cleveland and let me tell you, when that movie came out it was ALL THE RAGE in Cleveland, then again, our river and Great Lake caught on fire 13 times...

Reactions: Val Vega
I also LOVE telling people that my phone number is 867-5309, and am shocked, SHOCKED I say, by how many people... Don't get it.

OMG!! I also do this! I'm like, "Sure, I love phone sex, call me at 867-5309!" Though most of my regulars are familiar with the song.

Ford Tarus was the "car of the future"
I remember my best friend's parents got one and me and bff were so excited to ride in the way back of it. Good times.
Return to Oz gave me nightmares
^^this.
Let us not forget these 80's staples. I spent so much money on these fucking cards....

Garbage_Pail_Kids_Giant_Stickers_Adam_Bomb_Nasty_Nick.jpg
I had an Alf scooter (the ones where it was just a skateboard with a handle because Razor wasn't a thing yet) and also spent allowance on these cards. I had binders of them (as well as random stickers and Lisa Frank stuff.)
I have solid memories of the last part of the 80s and then all of the 90s. I think I'm probably more nostalgic to stuff from 88-94.
This kinda sums me up here.

also spent allowance on these cards. I had binders of them (as well as random stickers

Yeah, I mowed grass plus my allowance when I was a kid and most all of it, when they were really popular went to those cards, I also had binders just full of the damn things. I used to get so pist off when I would get so many duplicates. Took me forever to get the full first series. Who knows where they are now. I don't know about other places but I lived in Florida at the time and they were just huge there for awhile in the 80's. Never missed A.L.F. either, my mother still loves that show....

Reactions: headgasket
the video arcades. They were definitely not friendly places full of nerds, but rather dark caves to meet up with fellow gangs..

The city I grew up in had two arcades. The one was inside a mall and was basically a mini Chuck E Cheese's. Skee ball, crane games, ticket games, prizes and all that good shit. The other one my parents never let me go to. When asked they would tell me it was more of an arcade for adults. Didn't get it. Fast forward to high school and finally got the chance to go there. Walk in and can barely see because of how dark and smoky it was. Was filled with all the stoners and punk kids. Was awesome. Game selection was ass but still a great place to chill.

Don't remember much about the 80s besides Nintendo, The Wizard, Madballs, Teddy Ruxpin and He-Man.

Reactions: Gen

Bloom_County_characters.jpeg

:(

Reactions: swagger
In the 80s Transformers were animated and free of any Shia LaDouche. And we liked it!

What a great time to be a kid. Best arcades for me were in bowling allies. I got to play Defender and Dig Dug while wearing weird shoes. Dragon's Lair was the first arcade machine to store it's game data on a *ethereal awe sound* CDROM. Sure it took a good two minutes to load sometimes, but wow, it read data with lasers!

LASERS!

Afterward we biked home without helmets or fear of pedophiles, terrorists or Facebook whenever we thought we wouldn't get in too much trouble - no calling ahead since no kid had a cell phone and the payphone cost too much. Sleep, go to school, be reminded we were all going to die in a global thermonuclear holocaust because the Soviets were godless heathens, then hit the arcade again.

Such good times....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.