AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Silly things we thought when we were children

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once when I was in like 2nd grade, I had a check up and after the doc looked in my ears he said that they were so clean they were "full of diamonds"...for weeks I went around bragging to my friends that I had diamonds in my ears :woops:

Growing up my family never had infants around, nor did my friends families. so I wasn't around babies all that much and when I was, they were bottle fed or probably breast fed in private. So when breast feeding came up somehow on day I looked at my mom like she was insane. People fed their babies the way animals did? Bullshit! :lol: I didn't believe her for so long until I saw some breast feeding accessory thing in a store and that kinda confirmed it for me :lol:

Also, sometimes people would call our house and when my mom would answer she would say "Yes, this is she" when they'd ask if she was there. I didn't understand the saying so for years I thought my mom was a liar and pretending to be some woman named "she" :shifty:

That I would grow up and live in some crazy loft like in the movie 'Big', full of all the awesome toys I didn't have.

I'm just slightly hearing impaired, and my doctor told me I had dinosaurs in my ear... I was really stoked to believe him.

For many many years I thought that Kurt Cobain is still alive and hiding and when I'll be older we'll be together. Talking about having a crush when you are a kid lol.

And my mother keeps teasing me to this day for waiting for "Aunt Mary". As a kid I kept hearing my older sister and my mother, every other month about Aunt Mary coming and I kept waiting and waiting for Aunt Mary for years to come. One day I couldn't take it anymore and with a very serious voice and almost upset, I ask my mother "How come I never see Aunt Mary, where is she, is she still coming?". At that point mum started laughing and while trying to calm her own giggles she tried to explain to me who "Aunt Mary" was and that when I'll be older, Aunt Mary will visit me too. I was really really disappointed when my first monthly cycle came, because let me tell you...to this day I hate Aunt Mary.

I used to think there was a toilet monster. I was so terrified of his slimy green hand reaching up out of pipes and grabbing me as I used the restroom, I would go as fast as I could and RUN out the door in terror as the toilet flushed.

I also believed in Santa until an embarrassingly old age. :oops: I was beyond devastated when my mom, worried other kids would start to make fun of me, finally broke the news.

Related- Once I got a little older my favorite pass time became convincing my little brother I was magic. For years he thought I was flying to a portal above our house, entering a fairy world, and bringing him back enchanted stones that would give him magical powers too.
In reality I was just climbing onto the roof and painting rocks with nail polish. :shifty:

Both my sister AND a girl at school convinced me that you could learn magic and were both witches and had me do all sorts of menial crazy stuff to teach me how to be a witch.

Yep that was the year the first Harry Potter book came out. :lol:

I also used to think I was immortal. It's a miracle I didn't kill myself trying to prove this. :?

Oh and I also used to think that once upon a time a girl hung herself from the stairwell and lived underneath it. Her name was Katy and she wasn't very nice. She had the power of illusion and would make me sleep with corpses in my bed. She would replay her death in front of me all the time while walking down the stairs. My only power against her was thinking REALLY REALLY HARD about unicorns and cuddling puppies. But since I was lonely I hung out with her anyway. Of course my parents thought I had an imaginary friend but I knew the truth.

PlayboyMegan said:
After Toy Story I legit believed toys were alive. I would spend all day trying to convince mine that they could talk to me and I wouldn't tell anyone. I even pinky promised!!!

So did I. I would even leave my door cracked and turn the corner so they'd think I was gone and then come to life. I was determined to catch them!

I actually believed that if you swallowed a watermelon seed, a watermelon would grow in your tummy until you exploded. My cousins told me that and I shit you not THE EXACT SAME DAY I watched the Rugrats episode where Chucky was led to believe the same thing. I cried in my grandma's arms going, "I don't wanna blow up!"

That may explain why I don't even eat watermelon anymore.

Oh yeah...I also believed that Pluto was a planet. THE LIES THEY TELL!

PlayboyMegan said:
Not really about me, but a funny semi-related story:
I lived with my aunt in Oregon for a couple of months as a teenager. Her daughter was about 5 years old. One day they were folding my laundry when her daughter picked up my thong an said, "mommy what's this?" As a strict Christian parent, she didn't want her daughter glorifying thongs. So she said, "Oh honey, Megan is too poor to be able to afford whole panties. She can only buy the little ones. You're very fortunate to have ones that cover your whole butt." :lol:

Okay that tears it! If there's one thing I can't stand it's for chill'un to go without, so with that said I'm starting my own underwear drive for Megan...maybe call it "Drawers for Dolls", I dunno. Meg, PM me your address so I can't drop your panties. I mean, drop them off in the mail; don't look at me in that tone of voice, people! :shifty: Just let me know what brand you wear (Fruit of the Loom, Hanes...Osh Kosh B' Gosh, etc) and we'll get you some whole panties! :dance:

My dad is a huge prankster. When I was about 5 or so, he started telling me that he was part of Witness Protection, and that he had to start over with a new name, new home, new family. Apparently, this really bothered me, so (of course, what else would a great dad do? lol) he continued to embellish the story. He made it more and more detailed throughout the years. And when I was 10, I finally asked him when I could meet my real family. I've never seen him laugh so hard. :woops:

I also knew about sex from the time I was 5 (my older sister was doing it and told me everything). While in the bathtub, I would stick my finger in my butt, wondering if that was my vagina. :oops:

Not me, but funny nonetheless. My little sister was about 6, and my little brother was just barely talking. He was on this kick where he wanted to watch Austin Powers OVER AND OVER on repeat (I guess cause of the bright colors). So sister asked him what he wanted to watch. He started jumping up and down, screaming, "Ottin Powa! Ottin Powa!" She put her hands on her hips and said, "No, Karl, we are NOT watching the fat bastard again!" My stepmom came running into the room, yelling, "Sally Renee! We do NOT say that word in this house!" Sally started crying, and said, "I'm sorry, Mama. I'll just say "chubby."
*names have been changed

I used to think the world was black & white back in the 50's because of tv. Then somehow color existed.

That my deceased pets would come back out of the ground and eat me, I would hide under my blanket for weeks until I was sure they were staying there (I never saw Pet Sematery) That's probably where my phobia of dead things originated from.

I also used to think I could talk to trees :lol:

I remember watching Wheel of Fortune when I was 6 or 7 and I didn't understand the concept of a studio audience. I thought the people I could hear clapping were in their own homes being recorded by the TV somehow. So, I would clap and yell hoping that the contestants could hear me. :)

I was genderblind up to the age of 7 to the point where I honestly couldn't have told you if someone was a man or woman just based off of their appearance. It wasn't until I discovered anatomy books that I realized there were differences and started being able to tell. I just thought of everyone as people and didn't give two thoughts to their gender, it was actually pretty cool looking back, considering how difficult that is to do as an adult.

Great thread ^^

So this is kind of tragically funny lol.. when I was really little (can't remember exact age) my mom needed to have some surgery and she was explaining to me what was going to happen. When she said "First, they'll put me to sleep" I was so horrified and ran and hid in my closet and sobbed and sobbed, because the only context I had ever heard that phrase in before was euthanizing a pet. Poor mom felt sooo bad and explained that's NOT what that meant.

what a great thread!

When you're on the highway there are these "exit" signs near an intersection, in dutch these signs say "afslag", in german they say "Ausfahrt" and in french "sortie", so whenever we were on holiday to either one of these countries I always thought to myself, "man, there are a lot of places called Sortie around here!" Took me years. years!

When I was younger I thought that little people lived in the TV and radio. I remember one time my mom turned on the TV and I started crying and said "mommy is not fair to the little people what if they don't want to preform for you!"

My Dad was a folk singer in the 60's and he used to sing me all kinds of songs as a kid. He would sing songs he wrote as well as famous well known songs. Well, I just thought my Dad was the greatest songwriter ever, and I was bummed when I found out in my preteen years that it was George Harrison who wrote my favorite, "Here Comes The Sun". *shrugs* what a silly Hap I was :)

Be very careful what you say in front of your children, lollipop logic is a terrifying thing. Once my father must have said something along the lines of "Barney is evil." Which four year old me heard and analyzed as "Evil. Against God. Satanic. Meaning if I watch Barney I will go to hell and burn for all eternity!" Cue me hiding in the corner crying and praying after my babysitter popped in the VHS. :?

Also, I thought sex was being naked and kissing a lot...My grandmother watched daytime soaps, I blame her.

Around the age of four I was digging in my mothers purse and unknowingly came across my mothers collection of tampons I asked "Mommy whats this?....mom replies "for when you bleed." I reply with "like this?" I took that tampon and put it up my nose........ :woops:

I believed that my Barbies came to life at night because I always thought they had moved and went so far as to set up booby traps to catch them.

I believed that dead people just moved to a new place (the cemetery) so when we'd pass one I'd tell people that's where all the people who want to live by themselves go. :?

I thought if I closed my eyes in the car for a few seconds and then opened them we were automatically transported far away. I later learned I just slept in the car a lot. :lol:

I also believed music told the future so if I heard a song like Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, I thought my Gram was going to get run over by a reindeer.

My older sister enjoyed playing with my naive mind as a child...

I was a fan of Transformers (the 80s cartoon) as a kid. My sister convinced me that some of the cars and planes were real life transformers, but never changed into robot form because they were doing their civic duty to serve people. So i remember one day i was talking to my dad's car, trying to convince it to transform into a robot. I even tried to entice it with batteries, because... that's what they enjoy as snacks...?? (child logic)
:lol:

I always believed that toys could come to life, so Toy Story was really just verifying something I already believed (I think I was almost a teenager when that came out O.O)

It was so bad that there was a toy octopus which I was actually afraid of. I thought it would come to life in the water, so if someone threw it in the bathtub with me, I'd jump out of it (I was... three or four). I remember jumping in and out of the water, trying to get away from the toy octopus. I do not remember who was doing the moving of said octopus.

Actually, now that I think about it, it was only the octopus I was afraid of. I'm thinking a combination of 2000 leagues under the sea being on the record player, and the octopus appearing to move as the water moved. But I remember actually believing that dolls, stuffed animals, and action figures could move when I was 8 or so. I was very careful not to abuse my toys.

KristinaReapsMe said:
I actually believed that if you swallowed a watermelon seed, a watermelon would grow in your tummy until you exploded. My cousins told me that and I shit you not THE EXACT SAME DAY I watched the Rugrats episode where Chucky was led to believe the same thing. I cried in my grandma's arms going, "I don't wanna blow up!"

That may explain why I don't even eat watermelon anymore.

Same!! I used to eat so much of it and my brother told me my stomach would grow a watermelon tree.
watermelons dont even grow on trees!!

Also there's a bit of an age gap from my siblings to me, so they used to tell me they got me at the grocery store. I knew that was probably lies, but thought if they might be telling the truth I was found in the magazine section at the checkout. Like.. don't forget to pick up the gum, enquirer and the random little kid.

oh AND before I knew how to read but was starting to learn, I would pretend I could read already and try to guess what things said all the time based on the colors of the letters and the background. Like logos and stuff that you might recognize on their looks. Sears at that time was always white letters on a blue background. There was a night club or something by my house with the same colors on the sign and I remember being like "I can read,see that says Sears!"
way off. my lies were exposed. sure it does kid. sure it does. :lol:

When I was younger I always wanted a dalmatian. I was a HUGE 101 Dalmatians fan. I would plead to my parents everyday until finally they got tired and told me the only reason I couldn't have one was because only firemen could have them. I then, wanted to be a firemen for years! I didn't care about saving people, I just wanted the damn dog! :crybaby:

Was covinced something weird was going on in my pillows for a day or two when I was really young. Thought the boogeyman or something was after me but turns out it was just my heart beating.

Thought America was so big that it would take years to get to some places if you were driving.

RileyBooXOXO said:
I believed Mexicans were the result of a black and white couple having a baby. :( :roll:

Riley I have to admit I actually giggled at that; don't know why buts I did chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.