AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype / Yahoo & MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2013
Hello,

great board here. I read a lot of posts now. Some funny, some very scary but all pretty well :thumbleft:
I have a question. A friend of mine has the problem that if she has MFC installed and tries to open her cam on Skype or Yahoo it does not work.

She can not open the cam on that messengers until the MFC Software is deleted. Maybe they did so because they do not want to have people to use those programs and to better go on pvt on mfc. I do not know. I am not using those messengers so i thought maybe i could ask here.

Does anyone else have the same problem...knows about this.. a workaround or something else ?
I have no idea how the models do it usually if they are on mfc and make skype shows. I am sure they are not deleting and reinstalling it all the time and in a few minutes.

Help would be appreciated

Do you mean she can't use her camera until she completely uninstalls the software? Or do you mean she has to close the MFC program?

My guess is, if she has the MFC software open, or is actively using her cam on MFC, then that would be why she can't open her cam on Skype- only one program at a time can operate the camera. Girls who use skype will usually sign off of MFC/ leave their chatroom so that MFC isn't using the cam anymore.

If you mean that simply having the software installed is preventing her from using her cam on other programs... Idk, I haven't heard of that glitch before.

Why not suggest she use the Model Web Broadcaster? No software to worry about, and it has wayyy more features than the software does.

Hi and thank you for the answer:)

Yes she needs to completely uninstall the mfc software. Otherwhise the messenger program like skype or yahoo does not find the cam at all to activate and load it. Not even in the settings.

Is very weird because it used to work before but since a few months not anymore. She even installed Windows completely new and it worked all the time until she installed the mfc software.

Try doing a fresh install of the webcam drivers.

First make sure mfc and other software are installed properly.
Then make sure they are shut down. Not running even in the started tasks are of the taskbar.
Then go into Device Manager. Here is how for whatever version of Windows she may have.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Once there go to the 'Imaging Devices' section and expand that area down. Find the entry for your specific model of webcam. (the picture below is for my logitech c310, yours may be different)
Then right click on your webcam listing there and click on UNINSTALL.

Then while still in Device Manager go to 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' section and do the same thing. Once you've done this in the Imaging Devices section that may also get rid of it here too. I didn't uninstall mine to find out. So if you do it once and it's not in the other area after that don't worry, it just got rid of it everywhere for you.

Then you will need to restart your computer. On startup Windows will recognize a 'new hardware' installed in the form of your webcam and automatically download the latest driver for it and reinstall for you.

Just in case you have some driver software for your webcam that got corrupted, or more likely overwritten by some other software, this will take care of it for you. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 10_18_2013 , 10_50_19 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 10_18_2013 , 10_50_19 AM.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot - 10_18_2013 , 10_54_54 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 10_18_2013 , 10_54_54 AM.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 156
Without cam splitting software, a webcam will normally only run on one program at a time.

I don't know why she'd have to uninstall the software, though. I feel like there are some details/some info missing here.

However, have her use the model web broadcaster instead of the software, anyway. It's much more current and has better functionality/features

Sounds like something a model might say if she really just didn't want to do Skype/Yahoo cam chat, but didn't want to hurt any feelings. :twocents-02cents:

AllisonWilder said:
Sounds like something a model might say if she really just didn't want to do Skype/Yahoo cam chat, but didn't want to hurt any feelings. :twocents-02cents:

Or it could be that she's having technical problems, and her friend has been kind enough to try to help her fix it, taking the problem to a board full of skilled and experienced people. I've done the exact same thing on this forum. :twocents-02cents:

Thank you very much for the answers. We will try it with the uninstalling of the webcam and if it doesnt work then maybe the web broadcaster will maybe be a alternative. If you say anyway is the better option than the mfc software.

Thank you all again :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.