AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Slipper Suggestions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Apr 10, 2011
Music City
blackxrose92.com
Twitter Username
@BlackxRose92
Tumblr Username
BlackxRose92
MFC Username
RosiePie
Streamate Username
BlackxxxRose
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/54271/Rose-Black_s-Fetish-Store
I need some suggestions from the guys around here. Specifically, I need slipper suggestions.

Here are the specs said slippers need to have:
thick rubber sole or some other hard bottom to prevent slipping (we have cobblestone sidewalks that are fairly unsafe when wet),
something that can be worn to walk the dogs (think early morning, just stumbled out of bed and the dogs have to go really bad),
something comfortable and cushy,
affordable (preferably under $30)
and it needs to be fit a US men's shoe size 10-11.

Color isn't important. I know diddly shit about men's slippers, especially durable slippers. The last pair I attempted to buy now have holes in the bottom so they're useless now. Amazon seems to only have 67 pairs of men's slippers and none of them have rave reviews. If you have an awesome pair of slippers you'd recommend, please pass on some links/brand recommendations/etc.

Thanks!

I would say birkenstocks, you mentioned cobblestones so presumably they're for outside? In which case loafers for something dressier or birkenstocks for comfort and durability.

I have a pair of these and they've lasted about 4 years so far
Birkenstock%202011%2087Y0005M_LRG.jpg

got a pair of these for like $40 on sale, if you search around you might find something appropriate at the right price
ecco-men-05013400160-helsinki-slip-on-rust-leather-loafers-back-side.jpg

I mean like house slippers, like this:
81ftqiSr5%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

He HATES anything between his toes and he gets noxious feet from work, so they need to be close-toed so I don't die. We had to throw out his last pair of flip flops because 1) he wouldn't wear them, 2) Sadie and Sammy thought they were chew toys because of the straps and 3) I couldn't stand being able to smell his feet. *gag* He's getting old man slippers if I can help it.

EasyBakeBabyOven said:

I bought these for Jason because he turns on every light just to walk his path to the bathroom at night and I thought it was a neat idea. He was not amused and they scared the cat. :lol: Walking around with light-up slippers probably will freak out your dogs, too.

I'd go for man crocs (or some generic brand of crocs would work, too) so they're durable for indoor and outdoor use. My dad has these and wears them all the time. http://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Unisex-...1355089551&sr=8-2&keywords=crocs+fleece+lined

I've never worn crocs for anything but working at the nursing home while I was pregnant, but they're comfy, easy to put on in a hurry and easy to wash if they get dirty.

EasyBakeBabyOven said:
Like this?
412OrCdIbxL.jpg

Would those be easy to get on/off in a hurry or when you're half asleep?
Here's the link where I found these:
http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Slipper-...r_1_63?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1355086620&sr=1-63

yes they would be easy to slip on. Worst bit is getting the heel over, but if you buy them a little too big then he won't have trouble with that.

EasyBakeBabyOven said:

I don't think so, but he might.

Alright, after threatening to cry, I got him to tell me a bit more about what he'd like in a slipper (he said my ass will be severely bruised if I get crocs :shock: ).

So, it looks like I'm trying to choose between these two now. As a man, what would be less 'dumb' to walk your dogs in or make an emergency run to Kroger for anti nausea meds in?

Option A: http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Slipper-...r_1_63?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1355086620&sr=1-63
Option B: http://www.amazon.com/Isotoner-Micr...129698011_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1355085480&sr=1-10

As a public service to all women.. excepting for some 'metrosexuals', men as a rule would never wear Crocs of any kind. The one exception being walking in a stream or someplace where U know you're gonna have totally wet feet and like something thicker than a water sock.

I have to wonder tho... Dog pottying I understand, why do they need to be able to go to the store? Wearing slippers to actually go somewhere seems a bit "Walmartesque"... I love my furry Ugs but I don't really have any desire to get "public street shit" on the things I wear close to the bed and paddle around the house in when its cold. It takes all of 45 seconds to slip on a pr of short socks and tennies for going somewhere. Even less with Birkin's.
:dontknow:

Reactions: Rose
When it's an emergency and we're out of my phenergan, he may run to Kroger in slippers. It's not typical though.

Usually he just stuffs his feet into his work shoes, socks or no. Though thinking about it, I can't ever recall a time he's worn slippers out of the house except once when I was having an awful day, wouldn't stop crying and REALLY wanted a cheeseburger. Then he wore slippers and pjs to the McDonalds drive thru. That's the only time I can ever remember him wearing slippers somewhere other than to walk the dogs.

Wait, I take that back, when we go on day trips to visit my parents he'll wear slippers and pjs if we don't have any plans other than to spend the day at their house.

Reactions: SoTxBob
I vote for the second pair, not because of looks, but because it's gonna be easier to get his heel in when he's half-asleep.

SoTxBob said:
As a public service to all women.. excepting for some 'metrosexuals', men as a rule would never wear Crocs of any kind. The one exception being walking in a stream or someplace where U know you're gonna have totally wet feet and like something thicker than a water sock.

I have to wonder tho... Dog pottying I understand, why do they need to be able to go to the store? Wearing slippers to actually go somewhere seems a bit "Walmartesque"... I love my furry Ugs but I don't really have any desire to get "public street shit" on the things I wear close to the bed and paddle around the house in when its cold. It takes all of 45 seconds to slip on a pr of short socks and tennies for going somewhere. Even less with Birkin's.
:dontknow:
agree, I have a pair of addidas leather sneakers that I don't even undo the laces on, and birkenstocks are just great all round

I personally wouldn't wear the Isotoners. Contrary to one of the reviews, I would feel like a dork wearing them... or an old man. That's just my opinion though.

There's one question that I feel really defines the biggest usability difference between those two you've linked. Is it more important to be able to put them on without any hands or to have backing so your feet stay in them really well?

Edit: After looking at Amazon, these are what I would buy myself because I prefer something I won't walk out of when I'm out and about. The shearling fleece lining worries me a bit because I hate getting too warm... but I hate having cold feet even worse so I'd risk it. Unfortunately, they're a bit above your target price.

Reactions: Rose
He needs something he can put on without using his hands since he's usually trying to corral both the dogs and leash them while they bounce all over the place. :? He also likes to keep the house at 40 degrees in the winter and is constantly complaining about being hot so anything that makes his feet too warm is a no go.

He wears a lot of old man stuff already because "it's comfy" so I figured old man slippers wouldn't be a big deal. :lol: He's 25 but wears footwear designed for an 80 year old.

Mirra said:
I personally wouldn't wear the Isotoners. Contrary to one of the reviews, I would feel like a dork wearing them... or an old man. That's just my opinion though.

There's one question that I feel really defines the biggest usability difference between those two you've linked. Is it more important to be able to put them on without any hands or to have backing so your feet stay in them really well?

Edit: After looking at Amazon, these are what I would buy myself because I prefer something I won't walk out of when I'm out and about. The shearling fleece lining worries me a bit because I hate getting too warm... but I hate having cold feet even worse so I'd risk it. Unfortunately, they're a bit above your target price.
wow Mirra...you wear slippers like that 'out and about'?

SoTxBob said:
As a public service to all women.. excepting for some 'metrosexuals', men as a rule would never wear Crocs of any kind. The one exception being walking in a stream or someplace where U know you're gonna have totally wet feet and like something thicker than a water sock. :dontknow:

Seconded. Crocs are only permitted when camping for an extended period of time near a water source (stream/creek/river). However traveling to/from said campsight in Crocs is prohibited, even among metrosexuals (which are required to carry the pink Man-Card, not the Steel one).

Failure to follow these guidelines typically results in the following;
  • * A demerit on the Man-Card (unless pink, then any two of the below)
  • * Mocking in the form of silly walks and "dainty impressions"
  • * Derisive gestures regarding airflow and "What the shoes must really be for"
  • * Mocking in the form of "old man staggering around without socks"
  • * Jeering of any kind.
  • * Photos of events involving the Crocs, said photos submitted to no less than three social media websites, and at least one text to a female about your "shoe identity crisis"
  • * Photoshopping of the face and Crock-wearing feet onto Taylor Swift's body (or another popular teen model), then submission of said image to "Hot or Not"

Guidelines/laws may vary from state-to-state. Check your local Gentlemen's Club for updates. I don't make the rules, I just take sweet, sweet pleasure in enforcing them.

:laughing-rolling: :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

nicely done AC :thumbleft:

Reactions: AssCork
Rotfl!! I wasn't planning on crocs anyways because they're not house slippers and because nowhere near me sells them, but that's pretty funny. :lol:

I think I'm leaning towards Option B, but I may chicken out and just hand him my card to buy himself a pair. :?

I think he'd prefer something backless. :think: Dogs proved, once again, this morning that he definitely needs slippers he can put on without using his hands because they're just so excitable. I want to get something that will have less potential to be difficult to get on or cause him to trip.

No flip flops! I already posted about his foot death funk (are you trying to kill me, Jup? Really! :p ) and he doesn't like things between his toes anyways. :naughty: Besides, with a pitbull and a bear dog/lab, he'd kill himself walking them in flip flops. :?

I'm still leaning towards Option B and I think total 5 people (between here and tumblr) have voted for it, so if I'm still feeling it come tomorrow then I'll just go with that. It looks like it has a decent rubbery-ish sole and since it's backless it shouldn't be hard to get on/off. Hopefully the dogs won't view it as a new chew toy though since they've recently taken a liking to all his stinky shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.