AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Slow-burn horror TV?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress report:

The first season of The Terror is really good. I don't know if it really needed the supernatural elements -- the survival horror was quite impactful on its own.

I gave up on NOS4A2 when I realized nearly every character was either boring or terrible, and I especially couldn't stand the main protagonist, who manages to be both boring and terrible.

Everyone should watch What We Do In the Shadows. It's the best TV I've watched in a long time. It's put me on a horror comedy kick for a bit.

I finally finished Stan Against Evil. It never really found its narrative feet, but it's silly, and I like all the characters.

Right now, I'm watching the few episodes of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace that were made, to feed my growing Matt Berry fandom. I have a feeling that there's a lot of "cheap UK TV" tropes being parodied that I don't fully grasp, but it's pretty fun -- and a short watch, which I appreciate.

Reactions: Brit
I really loved The Purge (tv series) and binge watched both seasons a couple months ago. It doesn't have the best reviews, but I'm a huge fan of the entire Purge franchise because it's one of the few horror series that actually scares me. From what I've read most people enjoyed season 2 much more, but I actually liked the first one a lot more. I wouldn't say it's the best series I've ever seen and it was sadly cancelled after season 2, but if you like the concept of the movies, it's pretty enjoyable. Each season has different characters/storylines.

Oh, man. The Shivering Truth.

It's a surrealist comedy(?) on Adult Swim, and it is an absolute fevered nightmare. The show is paced with comedy beats, and it is definitely presented as that famous Adult Swim absurd flair, but that's a trap. It plumbs to a level of darkness that beats most everything else I've seen. I'm glad it's those short 11-minute episodes that Adult Swim does, because I honestly can't look away whenever I put it on. It is terrific. When I saw it featured on HBO Max, I knew I had to give it a look and I'm glad I did.

Okay, season 2 was not as good as season 1. Still watchable, but meh. The tone felt different and some things just made zero sense. Suspension of belief of how actual adults behave is required. It was still better than some shows I've seen in this genre, but it wasn't great like season 1 was. It's always so frustrating for me when shows have a stellar first season and then subsequent seasons make me feel meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.