AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Smart or Dumb?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so interesting reading the opinions and experiences from everyone in this thread. I completely agree with what's been said about the playing dumb/not saying what you'd want to say as an intelligent person because it pays to placate. But to put maybe a bit of a more positive spin on things, this is actually part of the job I often find to be a fun challenge.

Without sounding like some kind of psychopath, you're essentially manipulating people (same as with any sales job I guess) and our intelligence goes a long way towards knowing how to manipulate in the right direction depending on the particular situation. I like choosing when it's best to play bimbo (like the nipples thing @Vixxen81) and when to be open about being highly educated. There are customers who go private just to have an intellectual discussion with me, and that's stimulating for me. And there are also customers who go private just to rant to me about how clever they are, complex their job is etc and I find that just as stimulating to sit and listen and ask questions like I'm dumb, because I know what I'm doing. It doesn't really bother me how I'm perceived.

Coincidentally with some of you guys talking about wanting to maybe quit soon and/or the struggles of getting back into vanilla work after being in this industry, I handed in my notice at my vanilla job yesterday and am finally taking the plunge to do this full time. Despite 2 degrees and one (cancelled) PhD I was barely earning over minimum wage and in this financial climate, the sensible thing was to follow the money, I'll deal with the consequences later.
Fantastic response, thank you for sharing. I'm just burnt out and can't seem to take more than one day off without my life imploding, two good nights in a row will perk me up again. Camming has cycles, mostly based around their paydays or how drunk/high they are when they log in or how mad at their wives/girlfriends...January has forever sucked as an earning period.

Good luck!! 💜

• Hugs
Reactions: Sashacurves
I'm just burnt out and can't seem to take more than one day off without my life imploding, two good nights in a row will perk me up again.
Camming has cycles, mostly based around their paydays or how drunk/high they are when they log in or how mad at their wives/girlfriends...January has forever sucked as an earning period.
Fingers crossed for you this week then! You'll know this far better than I do, but sometimes you just gotta be reminded - camming's up and down and you'll hit an up soon enough! I've so far had the privilege of not having my whole livelihood at steak when the lows of camming hit hard so it'll be interesting to see how I handle it lol
Good luck!! 💜
Thank you :)

Fingers crossed for you this week then! You'll know this far better than I do, but sometimes you just gotta be reminded - camming's up and down and you'll hit an up soon enough! I've so far had the privilege of not having my whole livelihood at steak when the lows of camming hit hard so it'll be interesting to see how I handle it lol

Thank you :)
I always remind myself it's a 24 hour a day market, sometimes just switching up show times can make a drastic improvement but at the same time consistency is sometimes the steadier path. Slower, but less roller coaster like.

Keep us updated! Seeing success encourages success.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sashacurves
Without sounding like some kind of psychopath, you're essentially manipulating people (same as with any sales job I guess) and our intelligence goes a long way towards knowing how to manipulate in the right direction depending on the particular situation. I like choosing when it's best to play bimbo (like the nipples thing @Vixxen81) and when to be open about being highly educated. There are customers who go private just to have an intellectual discussion with me, and that's stimulating for me. And there are also customers who go private just to rant to me about how clever they are, complex their job is etc and I find that just as stimulating to sit and listen and ask questions like I'm dumb, because I know what I'm doing.

I was thinking about this. Models here often talk about selling the fantasy, which as you pointed out, is a similar skill to vanilla sales. If you have the expertise to push the right buttons with a customer, you might get them to spend money.

So if you are able to earn tips because you successfully tapped into a member’s fantasy, then from my point of view, you didn’t cave in to the member’s wishes. Rather, they caved in to you.

You convinced the member to spend money and he leaves the show feeling like he’s somehow superior, despite having just been “hustled” because you were only playing to his weakness (his preference for “dumb”). In that case, isn’t he actually the dumb one? It certainly isn’t you. You can use the “dumb” routine to manipulate him and then stop whenever the fantasy is over. But he will always be gullible in real life. You can turn it on or off, at will. He can’t. You win!

I’m not a model, so excuse me for stepping a little out of pocket on this one. I do have sales experience though, so some of what you said rang true to me. (“Seriously sir, you look just like George Clooney behind the wheel of that Mustang! So powerful. So dominant! Whatever gets you to sign these financing forms… ”)

I was thinking about this. Models here often talk about selling the fantasy, which as you pointed out, is a similar skill to vanilla sales. If you have the expertise to push the right buttons with a customer, you might get them to spend money.

So if you are able to earn tips because you successfully tapped into a member’s fantasy, then from my point of view, you didn’t cave in to the member’s wishes. Rather, they caved in to you.

You convinced the member to spend money and he leaves the show feeling like he’s somehow superior, despite having just been “hustled” because you were only playing to his weakness (his preference for “dumb”). In that case, isn’t he actually the dumb one? It certainly isn’t you. You can use the “dumb” routine to manipulate him and then stop whenever the fantasy is over. But he will always be gullible in real life. You can turn it on or off, at will. He can’t. You win!

I’m not a model, so excuse me for stepping a little out of pocket on this one. I do have sales experience though, so some of what you said rang true to me. (“Seriously sir, you look just like George Clooney behind the wheel of that Mustang! So powerful. So dominant! Whatever gets you to sign these financing forms… ”)
Yep, exactly what I’m talking about!

Reactions: Smoothie

And that's how you end up with guys like misterical and the other gentleman who was having problems with a love con. This isn't meant to be mean-spirited, but it's not untrue. Recently had a guy fall head over heels in love with me and all I was doing was my job. Now he's acting like I did something wrong because he caught feelings for me even though he knows I'm married and he has a girlfriend. I even got the line, "I value your mind more than your body." And I'm kind of like man I'd really rather that be the other way around right now.

And that's how you end up with guys like misterical and the other gentleman who was having problems with a love con. This isn't meant to be mean-spirited, but it's not untrue. Recently had a guy fall head over heels in love with me and all I was doing was my job. Now he's acting like I did something wrong because he caught feelings for me even though he knows I'm married and he has a girlfriend. I even got the line, "I value your mind more than your body." And I'm kind of like man I'd really rather that be the other way around right now.

I’m sure it happens, and I’m sorry it happened to you.

To be clear, I wasn’t suggesting a “love con,” but rather the fantasy play that most models and members would generally agree is expected/fair play on a cam site. I do understand some guys will still give you problems and claim they were conned even in that scenario.

I’m sure it happens, and I’m sorry it happened to you.

To be clear, I wasn’t suggesting a “love con,” but rather the fantasy play that most models and members would generally agree is expected/fair play on a cam site. I do understand some guys will still give you problems and claim they were conned even in that scenario.
I was recently told by a friend of mine that some people are so starving for love and affection that a single "hi how are you" can make them your next stalker. That was hard to swallow.

That's the kind of thing that's scary to me because you can see that they can't be reasoned with. I feel sorry for them and at the same time irritated. And a little weirded out.

Reactions: Vixxen81
That's the kind of thing that's scary to me because you can see that they can't be reasoned with. I feel sorry for them and at the same time irritated. And a little weirded out.
And they say we're insane. That we can't be figured out or reasoned with...pretty sure no woman ever created a burka to cover up a man.

True that.

I can't say I really understand it but I think it centres on validation and desire for affection and care - with the frail ego meaning they want it on their terms.

Reactions: Vixxen81
I was recently told by a friend of mine that some people are so starving for love and affection that a single "hi how are you" can make them your next stalker. That was hard to swallow.
Unfortunately it would not surprise me. (Although maybe more than just a single kind greeting)

I do not think I would ever have behaved as a stalker, but I do acknowledge that if I had discovered Camsites in my early 30s instead of my late 50s that I may well have damaged my own mental and emotional well-being. Not due to anything that models might have done "wrong", just that at that age my emotions were still close to the surface or hard to compartmentalise or, dare I say, immature. And I was, if not starving for love and attention, I certainly needed a decent "meal" ;)

I think I would definitely have "fallen in love" with someone, which of course would have been of no use to myself or anyone else.

Unfortunately it would not surprise me. (Although maybe more than just a single kind greeting)

I do not think I would ever have behaved as a stalker, but I do acknowledge that if I had discovered Camsites in my early 30s instead of my late 50s that I may well have damaged my own mental and emotional well-being. Not due to anything that models might have done "wrong", just that at that age my emotions were still close to the surface or hard to compartmentalise or, dare I say, immature. And I was, if not starving for love and attention, I certainly needed a decent "meal" ;)

I think I would definitely have "fallen in love" with someone, which of course would have been of no use to myself or anyone else.
I don't think you can limit it to men in their 30s either. I chat to alot of men who are much older, and they can be just as obsessive. That is the problem with playing the part too well, which is arguably very clever of us, but it does invite a certain level of stalkerishness and attention which is not welcome.

I don't think you can limit it to men in their 30s either. I chat to alot of men who are much older, and they can be just as obsessive. That is the problem with playing the part too well, which is arguably very clever of us, but it does invite a certain level of stalkerishness and attention which is not welcome.
Oh yes indeed! I see guys in my regular room who I am pretty sure are older than 30s portraying that type of behaviour.

That age was just a time at which I was not so emotionally mature (plus before my early 30s the internet wasn't really a thing so I couldn't have found camsites or similar even if I had wanted to ;) ).

I don't think it's a question of playing the part too well, I think there is a predisposition on the part of some users to be fixated and the nature of the business itself is conducive to it.

I don't think it's a question of playing the part too well, I think there is a predisposition on the part of some users to be fixated and the nature of the business itself is conducive to it.
Sorry, I should have clarified - I meant as in IT COULD BE ARGUED that way ❤️

There are certainly users who fixate on the smallest of things.

Reactions: inertvolcano
It fucking sucks that being a smart woman often still means being smart enough to hide that you're smart. And that being smart doesn't often doesn't pay.
omg this! I also think that setting intention, such as channeling who you want to embody while still being your smart self is a decent balance. I have attracted smart, conscious, positive rich men who keep coming back. Meditation and visualization helps tremendously. At the end of the day, they want to be seen with no judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.