AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Snapchat update. Anyone else hate it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun__

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 16, 2011
I often dislike change, but I honestly think the way stories works now is much worse and makes me unlikely to follow more models, celebrities, or anyone really.

Is it just me being difficult or is it a bad update?
gv84gBL.jpg

It isn't as easy to view stories as it once was, especially for people that I followed their "free/public" story and they didn't follow me back... but ultimately this update is NOT nearly as bad as everyone has made it to be.

It will hurt models who only use free/public stories, but for those of us who sell private story subscriptions it should all be ok once people adjust to the new layout.

Friends/Conversations are all on one page now, and that's where you go see those stories you paid to see.

I'm embarrassed how much I overreacted to the update before I even had it.

I went to bed and Snapchat looked one way and then I woke up to something that is all jacked up.

I don't snap much myself but the stories feed was fine. And I'm a person that actually watched many of the suggested stories.

I'm still going to skip ads, and now I'm less likely to look at the discovery snaps. I'm managing so far but I'll definitely check it less now than before

I got it a couple weeks ago and I haven’t viewed a celebrity story since; I used to watch my faves most days. I imagine this will further the migration of popular celebrities to Instagram stories.

I've had SC for a long time. I hate how they almost never explain things properly when there's a change. I have a private blog I upload all my pics to, simply because it's such a pain that I don't even do it all the time to SC. Then again I also upload my photos from my 4k camcorder rather than my POS phone camera. I've seriously considered dropping SC altogether.

I don't know why I didn't think about doing that. :eggface:
Yeah you can't go back to fair. Otherwise it won't let you log in. For you or anyone else trying to do this.
- Make sure that allow outside installations for outside sources is on. It might be stated in a different way, but it usually is in security settings.
- Make sure to uninstall snapchat from the play store.
- https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snap-inc/snapchat/snapchat-10-24-0-0-release/ Is good enough.
- Make sure to turn off auto updates from the playstore. That way the app won't update on it own. Just ignore any notifications to manually update the app.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
It isn't as easy to view stories as it once was, especially for people that I followed their "free/public" story and they didn't follow me back... but ultimately this update is NOT nearly as bad as everyone has made it to be.

It will hurt models who only use free/public stories, but for those of us who sell private story subscriptions it should all be ok once people adjust to the new layout.

Friends/Conversations are all on one page now, and that's where you go see those stories you paid to see.

I'm embarrassed how much I overreacted to the update before I even had it.

I got a lil squeamish reading everybody's reactions. The paid stories and ads appear very clumsy to me.

But all I do is a simple private story. I think with these kind of apps, is to do the most by doing the least and staying consistent. I'm sure they need to monetize more, and I hope they succeed. I still really enjoy snapchat. I always have.

I just posted a bit of a walkthrough tutorial on how to use the new snapchat. I'll share the images here in case anyone needs a little helping hand.
IMG_4032.JPG IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG IMG_4035.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4038.JPG IMG_4039.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.