AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So confused on Rule Violations...halp?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2016
Canada
Twitter Username
@jenovakitty
Chaturbate Username
jenovakitty
Hey again, resident noobgal here to ask more (probably) silly questions.
So I have a big, big 'me too' problem lately, and I need to be explained.

I keep my eyes on other cams for researching, curiosity, etc and it is super great to see everyone is so different and creative. However, I see people violating rules, most specifically in regards to drinking on cam, smoking pot on cam, and using bad dragons.

I haven't reported anyone, because I am kinda a) Not a snitch, and b) I believe the rules could be changed around some of these things...
But basically, my questions are.....SHOULD I report people violating rules, for the integrity of the site and in order to keep things fair for everyone else? ((I feel very much like it's unfair and they straight up have an advantage over everyone else.)) Should I stay quiet, let everyone do their own thang, and suck it up princess? Should I risk my accounts by just going along and violating the rules like other folks do? I like bad dragons. I like wine while I'm hanging out. I medicate with pot. So.....how come I can't?

Am I being a child?
How to deal with feeling like I'm missing out, or like they're getting special treatment?

Uh... have you SEEN how many "CB has banned me" threads there are on this forum?

Follow the site rules. You want to keep your tokens, right?
Report others when you see something seriously bad, like children on cam or bestiality.
Drink your wine from a coffee mug and don't tell people you're drinking wine.

Or switch to a site where you can do the things you want, like MFC.

Yea, I hear ya.
So my paranoid little brain that tells me 'If you can bring in enough traffic and token buyers to the site, they'll overlook violations'

...is incorrect, yes? Eventually, you will be banned for rule violations, no matter how popular or amazing?

Unless they're harming themselves or someone else, I wouldn't report them.

Lots of girls smoke pot on cam and drink. You can't really prove it's not just water in a beer bottle, or coke with no rum, or tobacco out of a pipe on cam. They have to make those things against the rules to protect the camsite, but I doubt anyone who runs Chaturbate or MFC actually cares.

If you want to do those things, do them. What's the worst that will happen? You'll be banned from the site, but there are other camsites out there. Don't trip over someone else doing something you aren't doing on cam.

Edit: I should say, I'm not on Chaturbate, but I know I see both of those things constantly on MFC.

Yes. Top earning models have been banned for less.

The worst is they keep your money when they ban you. So all your work that pay period is for nothing.

Well, that sucks, but it's one of those things of it's up to the performer whether or not that risk is worth it to be able to do those things on cam. That's a personal decision.

Reporting people for breaking rules like those really isn't worth the time and energy. There are models on Streamate who go around watching other models and reporting girls because, heaven forbid, there was a teensy view of the top of someone's landing strip when she adjusted her panties, and the reported models were actually suspended for "showing vagina in free chat" which, while against the rules on SM, is not what the model in question did. The models who do that would be much better off just logging in and working on their own hustle.

On the other hand, there was once a model on SM offering to do stuff to her 7-yr-old in private. Multiple people reported her to the site and the authorities, because that's NOT acceptable and is actually hurting someone.

Uh... have you SEEN how many "CB has banned me" threads there are on this forum?

Follow the site rules. You want to keep your tokens, right?
Report others when you see something seriously bad, like children on cam or bestiality.
Drink your wine from a coffee mug and don't tell people you're drinking wine.

Or switch to a site where you can do the things you want, like MFC.
MFC has the same rules about drinking and drugging... They have a bunch of rules about what you can and can't do on cam too... Pretty much all off the cam sites have the same guidelines that have to be followed in order to keep there license.. just wanted to throw that in the convo. thanks!

MFC has the same rules about drinking and drugging... They have a bunch of rules about what you can and can't do on cam too...
MFC does not enforce that rule at all. There are a multitude of things they simply list in their rules for legal reasons, but do not bat an eye at. If a cam girl wants some freedom to do what she likes on cam MFC is the best.

• Helpful!
Reactions: jenovakitty
MFC has the same rules about drinking and drugging.

MFC does not enforce that rule at all.

Does mfc still even say no drinking or smoking weed on cam? I thought those were gotten rid of and replaced with something like 'not illegal in your area' due to all places where it's legal to smoke marijuana now.

Does mfc still even say no drinking or smoking weed on cam? I thought those were gotten rid of and replaced with something like 'not illegal in your area' due to all places where it's legal to smoke marijuana now.
I do think they altered the wording recently, you're probably right.

I do think they altered the wording recently, you're probably right.

Just checked. There's more, but these would be the pertinent ones. Yeah, basically reworded so if it's not illegal 'in your area' you could still do it. And you could drink alcohol, just not so much you get drunk. Obviously that one is ignored a bit.

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Rules_for_Models#Forbidden_Things
  • Illegal drugs.
  • Excessive consumption of alcohol, medicines, or narcotics.
  • Illegal or unsafe activity of any kind.
  • Anything that would impair consent.

• Helpful!
MFC has the same rules about drinking and drugging... They have a bunch of rules about what you can and can't do on cam too... Pretty much all off the cam sites have the same guidelines that have to be followed in order to keep there license.. just wanted to throw that in the convo. thanks!
Yea the difference is CB enforces Mfc does not

There are models doing rounds on Chaturbate looking for reasons to report models who they perceive to be more successful than they are. They have reported me for any number of reasons including "offering skype on cam" which is ridiculous. Not only have I never offered skype in my life, but I dont even advertise my twitter because I dont have one. My only contact with members is through the site.

If you feel this is unfair to you or other models who go by the rules, consider that whatever advantage models get from drinking or doing drugs on cam comes at the expense of the risk of getting banned. If there wasn't that risk you would do it, right? So the only thing these models have over you is more balls, and she is getting compensated for it.

Still if you care about the issue, the rules on Chaturbate are "no alcohol on cam" but all they really care about is the model showing the bottle. As long as you don't show any bottles you shouldn't get into trouble.

I've reported models for doing weird shit to their dogs on cam and those models are still broadcasting.
I've seen models get banned for "looking too young" even with a valid photo i.d. on file.
It's super subjective and that sucks, but I guess the consensus here is - report if you see something that's ACTUALLY harming someone.
If it's a minor rule break that doesn't hurt anyone, don't bother.
And try to keep your own nose clean so you can keep making tokens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.