AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So many general questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2015
Hello everybody,

my name is Amanda, I'm a 33 year old transgender woman. My transition will be completed soon and I would really like to work as a cam model afterwards.
Now I have so many questions. There seem to be so many websites on the net where I can log on to.
I also hear there were options to do it on skype and get paid by paypal.

I really don't know where to get started. Some say you can make lots of money, others say not that much. I really don't know who to believe.

Could you just help me out. Thank you.

I believe at this time MFC doesnt accept trans models (last I checked, so if I am wrong someone please correct me, however if your identification lists you as female and you have had bottom surgery I dont see how they would know unless you also identify yourself as trans?) However it is my understanding that both Streammate and Chaturbate doesnt have any rule against trans folks. Those are the three main sites, and of course there are the clip websites - clips4sale which is dominated by fetish clips as well as manyvids and manyclips which seem a tad more vanilla. Go over each of the websites TOS and information and actually read your contracts with them. READ THE CONTRACT AND TOS.

The potential to make a good livable income is there, but it is potential - Some gals get amazingly successful, some can just make their bills and some make very little. I think the general rule is to not expect to live off of camming immediately. It isn't the same for anyone and there is no standard predictor of income- there genuinely are amazing gals who work super hard who tank and girls who work equally as hard who just take right off!

The search function on this board should be your BFF right now, because so many people have had questions about starting it's a great way to look up quick answers.

Please for the love of your bank account NEVER accept paypal. Paypal is not adult business friendly and not only can you lose your money, but your bank account can be blacklisted and you wont be able to have a paypal account with that bank number again.

Thank U so so much, you're a great help.

After my transition, I'll be a woman, so I'll have the body of a woman. Life before has been a drag and I don't want to be reminded of having been a stuck in a male body. Only some scars will be visible in the beginning. I just wonder if you would see it on cam. I wonder what cam is the best to hide scars. I kinda like the red light effect, but it shouldn't be over the top. I don't want to look like an avatar. Just me.
Over here the ID procedure is very time consuming.
First you need to have had the surgery and then it takes a while before you get the M on your ID. So if any of those websites would ask for my ID, they will see a M, but they will for sure see a female body. I don't want any of them to think I'm using the ID of my boyfriend for instance.

Physically, I'm halfway through my transition. I'd be considered a shemale for now, but I don't know if there's a market for it. Or at least not as huge as for a woman having a vagina.

What would be a realistic income to expect ( when you really think negatively?)

As far as scar concerns go - I have scars from a breast reduction that are very visible to me, but I'll have my boobs out, make a comment about having had a reduction, and my viewers say that they can't tell I've ever had surgery, even though I can clearly see the scars in my cam feed.

As far as how much to expect to make, nobody can say. There are models who struggle to make a dollar in a night, and there are models who can easily make 1k per night. The more consistent you are, the more potential.

Thank you so much. I wonder if there's any special make up to cover scars on cam ( or cams that cover scars without making it look blurry)
I've also heard about models working for different websites simultaneously. Is this recommended?

Are there any stats about what hair color scores best ( I love changing colors once in a while)

I have a few scars...like Saffron said, members don't normally notice/don't bring it up. Dual camming is normally seen as a faux pas due to lag, and it being hard for people to follow what's being said in chat. I'm not very good with makeup, so others may have better advice, but I'd just try to find a base that goes well with your tone. I did that for a while on cam. I guess Streamate or Chaturbate would probably be the top two sites you should look into. Maybe even make an account at both, in case there are site glitches one night at one site while the other is fine, or slow on one site but it's busy on another.

Absolutely branch out into as many sites as you can. More eggs in your basket is a good thing! I cam on several sites-- MFC, Cams, Streamate, ImLive, run independent Skype listings, and make clips (obviously not simultaneously.) That way, no matter if one site is glitching out or quiet you can still make money. Split camming, broadcasting on two or more sites at once, can be difficult to get the hang of but is very doable if you have the setup to support it. I split Streamate and Cams regularly, but I use two computers, two webcams, and have excellent internet.

You could probably kill it on Clips4Sale, and I know (as others have said) Streamate and Chaturbate are trans-friendly. Your best bet is to research, watch other trans and cis cammers, and do your homework, just like any other model.

For Skype shows, check out Reddit's r/camshow. I have seen trans models do well on there. If you are doing Skype shows, I recommend signing up for a payment processor like CamModelDirectory or accepting gift cards like Amazon or Giftrocket if you are in the US. Be sure the cards clear/ are redeemed and spent before you do ANYTHING.

Thank you so much....How about different types of payments and taxes. I live in Belgium where it's not as easy to start as an independent worker. Over here you really have to describe the type of job you're doing.

Thank you so much.
I wonder that once you're registered, they control what you're doing in terms of identifying yourself as a man or woman.
It will take a long time before I will be officially a woman. On my ID photo, I don't look like a woman. It's from many years ago before I started transitioning. I just want to avoid to kind of situation that anyone would think I'm a man dressing up like a woman.
So anyway I'd have to register myself being "male", but I already have non-male features. Do you have the freedom to do what you want when it comes to entertainment. Can you be a shemale one day and a female the next?

@AmandaTrans: Girl, check all the TS ladies on SM! I'm not sure, but I think AW and KL are TS-friendly, too (@Ann_Sulu , do you know the rules after the KL/KinkyGirls transition happened?). Idk, I do most of my perving on SM or CB and they are both TS-friendly sites. I only have experience working as a (kinky, fetish-friendly, and very strange but) cis lady on SM, and what I can definitely say for it is that ANYTHING that differentiates you from the rest of the models is a very, very good thing! And yeah, some of the TS models present male one day, female other days, because they can run their rooms however they want. I watch some that are not done transitioning, some that have fully transitioned, and some that don't want to. I just like watching naked people talk about interesting stuff :cat: Dang, who is the model I'm thinking of and can't remember...marina something, maybe? She's a boss. I'll uh...go do some research ;) And I totally agree with @VeraPrice : you could make a KILLING on a content site like Clips4Sale! TS is a hot category with relatively few models, so if you think you'd be interested in producing content/videos, check it out!

There are several TS models active on the stripperweb forum, they may be able to give some more useful info regarding the technicalities of registration. I know there are several Euro girls here; I'll tag one of the pretties (hi @JessikaLexi ! How do you describe your job for taxes and stuff?) and see what she knows about job registration. Hopefully it's as easy as describing yourself as an independent contractor or something like that? Good luck!

I don't know how it works in Belgium, but I know a lot (way, way too much, but not enough) about how things work in both England and Germany. I'll add you to my follow list so you can send me a message if I can help in any way :) I found though that the Germans didn't really care - I was trying to describe my job in polite terms and the woman just asked me straight up if I was getting naked for money.

@MaddyLuxx @AmandaTrans

I have no idea about Kinklive, and frankly I wouldn't try them until they decide which platform they're going with. I loved Kink dearly, but depending on what they go with...who knows. The rules could change at any moment if they decide to go through another site, which is why I'm with SM right now. I'd definitely go back though if they go back to normal, or pick something that won't change them for the worse. It was my favorite camming site.

tamara@kink.com is the main support email for now, so I suppose she could answer any questions. Perhaps by the time Amanda's ready, they'll decide what they're doing lol. I'd say email her, and prep for SM and CB. Clips4Sale is definitely a good idea too.

Last edited:
Thank you all, thanks for being so supportive. I really appreciate this. There were even forums having banned me after having told my story.
@Maddylux: do you tell your fans you're a cis lady or do you just tell them you're female?

@JessikaLexi My situation is a bit complex: due to transitioning, I lost my job. I've applied for so many jobs now, but the first thing you have to show here is your ID, they see a woman with boobs and then it's a no. I had to deal with depression, so I get an income replacement which is just nog enough. But the good news is: you can get back to work ( or parttime to start with), but then you need to get assessed by an independant doctor. I have to talk to my doctor if he's gonna ask for job details.
Regarding Clips4Sale: Are "solo" videos popular? I just don't see anyone I can play with soon. And I can be a very funny lady at times, so I don't know if adding some humour could help.

Regarding Clips4Sale: Are "solo" videos popular?

I and many others do only solo clips. With clip stores, it's pretty much all about putting out fresh videos, and making sure to click the tweet my clip button. It's tedious, but can be profitable (like most, it won't likely be a main income, but can be a good side amount). Here's a LINK to the transsexuals category. Also be sure to read through the related categories box with the yellow lettering, as there are quite a few there you might like to try.

Urgh, people are such arseholes. I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Do you need to provide any proof of what your job is to your doctor? Your payment details won't have the names "Streamate" or "Clips4Sale" on them. You can lie through your teeth and say you're doing an at-home support job, media, online marketing, online customer support etc. Or you can go the slightly-honest route and say you're doing video production and editing.

Just a heads up: If you do go for C4S, the only payment option for us is a wire transfer, which has a $45 fee. Another site: have you looked at Adultwork? They offer webcam, phone chat, text chat. IM-ing, private galleries and loads of other cool stuff, and they have excellent payout options for European models, which is pretty rare among cam sites. You can choose what you do/don't offer. They have trans models on the site. I'd also recommend having a look at Tumblr and seeing how trans models there promote themselves. Tumblr is a great resource for promotion anyway - and Adultwork themselves don't do any promotion.

edit: I just had a look at AW and they mark the trans girls as "male (TS/TV)". Urgh. But they have their own TS section, so they're not lumped in with the men.

Thank you all for your support. It's definitely something I could ask my doctor, it's another doctor that needs to assess if I am capable of doing the kind of work I want to do. Hopefully something like "home office" will be enough. Marketing if they need further details.

Another question would be: what cameras are the best to use? And what make up looks best on cam? How do you make your boobs look best ( maybe some special kind of body make up)

I also wondered if any of you wear wigs?

Hey I can chime in with makeup and making yourself look good tips! I turn my ugly self into something generally cute often! I use a good foundation and cheap everything else. It's worth it to get a good, full coverage foundation!

Camera and lighting is your friend! It's a good idea to have lights all around you, left, right, center, fill light... I even have a "vagina light" under my desk so my ladybits are illuminated and there aren't any shadows blocking the money shot... :p

With good lighting, scars, stretch marks, cellulite... It all disappears.

Sorry, guys, I know you all probably don't realize this, but even the most perfect looking camgirl has some imperfections she's good at hiding.

Also, to make your boobs look good it's ALL ABOUT camera angles! Spend a whole day putting on mock camshows and move your camera around. Find your angles, girl!

As for the cam to use, I would say 90% of us use the Logitech C920. Or the C930e. I LOVE the C930e! It's ~$100.

Lighting, I recommend these $10 paper lanterns from Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_475391-77383-18820-000___?productId=50016042&pl=1&Ntt=paper+lamp

They diffuse the light SO WELL! The paper is white so you can use a daylight bulb, or soft white! I recommend LED bulbs because otherwise it can get HOT with all those lamps on you!

I'm all over the place but I hope that helps.

And lots of girls wear wigs. @SatanJonez probably has some great advice on the wig subject! Hers always look FUCKING ADORABLE!

Hey there. I am probably the local wig slut considering I have about 7 at the moment (I just retired one of my old ones) & I am always buying more. I am not sure what you'd want to know exactly, but if have any wig specific questions I can try to help. I will say that I buy cheap which means I have to put a lot of work into them before they look even slightly presentable to use for work so I may not be the best person to give adivce.

Editing to add some wig links that I currently own.

This is my most recent one & the one I am wearing in my avatar picture over there. It actually didn't take much to style, but that hand band is mandatory to keep the bangs in place. This one is a brown/natural looking one I used before & probably should rebuy since I dig it & it works well. Tangles really easily, but as long as you have a wig stand (or anything to stand it up on really) that helps.

I have not found a blonde one yet that I would recommend & every other wig I have is highly fuckin' unnatural looking so if you want to check those out I can also link them. Just be wary buying wigs on Amazon and obviously always check reviews. If you have a little more spending cash this & this are good sites.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Would be love if you could elaborate on the make up part, I'm really bad at it. When my sister applies it, it looks wonderful, but after years of trying, it's still not my main asset, so I was looking for tips and tricks to make it look okay without spending hours of trying.
The gap between my boobs is pretty wide ( happens to lots of trans women after surgery) but I've heard that there were body make up techniques to correct it. What is the best way to shine light on boobs ( to hide imperfections, gaps,...)

You may have some luck trying contouring on your boobs. Get a contouring palette, or a matte bronzer and a shimmery highlighter - even cheap ones like ELF and Nyx are still good quality. Sit in front of your webcam with it on while you do this, so you can check and see how it looks to viewers - this is a good idea with ANY makeup you're trying out, as it looks very different on camera compared to in person. If you were to see me in person in my camming makeup, you'd think that I don't know what I'm doing - lots of shimmer on my flaky forehead, pounds of foundation and concealer caked onto zits, etc. But on cam, I look like a flawless, glowing, ethereal being.

So, boob contouring:
Start by using one of the darker shades, and apply it in the very center between your boobs. Start with a little, blend it out, and repeat, if needed. Since you're trying to make them look closer together, you don't need to do full boob contouring, just focus on between them. This creates the valley between the breasts.

Now, you have your shadow down, let's bring them together! Take the highlighting shade, and use it to draw a modified "c" around each boob - start just over the top, and end just below the bottom. You'll want this to be, not on your boobs themselves, but on the skin just inside them. Blend it with strokes moving toward the breast being contoured. This will make the area that you've highlighted come forward to the eye, making it seem like your boobs are closer together.

If you need to apply your dark shade again after the highlighter, use very small amounts, and use straight up-and-down strokes to blend.

This is probably going to look very silly in person. That's fine. Every time I contour my boobs for camming or in a video, I look down and think, "You can totally tell I have bronzer on my tits. Wtf." But then I look at my cam feed or footage, and all I see is pow! Awesome titties!

@AmandaTrans I don't tell anyone I'm cis-gendered, just bc it's seen as the "default" setting (e.g. I was born female and present female). Most of the TS models that I've watched have been open it, usually mentioning something regarding their transitional status or lack of desire to transition in their profiles. Some even have a nod to being TS in their names so they can capitalize on it. I think the bottom line is: If someone in CamLand wants you to "prove" you're a girl or TS or a guy, they need to tip to see the goods ;)

I'm not a "Top Model" by any means; I actually haven't been camming since....erm....April? Hopefully going to fix that soon, haha. I do clips and content, bb! :makeup: And most of it's actually solo!

Ok, let's talk girly stuff:
Wayne Goss YouTube tutorials for everything foundation. He is a pro makeup artist but his videos are basically a "makeup for dummies" version of how to do things, which is exactly how I need it! Also, he is an adorable human.
Ben Nye Banana Luxe Powder was recommended to me by a stripper friend and it is a miracle. Your makeup will look flawless and it will stay put until you wash it off.
Latisse just bite the bullet and invest. You can't put a price on not having to wear mascara and still looking hot AF ;)
Henley shirts and racer back push-up bras I am a 34B on a "good boob day" but this combo always makes everyone comment on my awesome rockin' tits.
Good lighting because you hide everything w/it. Google "3-point lighting for photography", I think that's how I found my eventual set-up. Please ignore the (non-representative of said lighting set-up!) pic of me kneeling awkwardly on a bed that's accompanying this post, I need to update that :bag:

Thank u so so much, so many great tips. I don't know where to start.
I sometimes see drags queens with no boobs using making up and on screen, I think: wait: this can't be real, they have boobs.

I wonder if "acting" in your videos would score. I can be so excited and so over the top, that it gets real funny.
Don't know if absurd things like putting fruit and veggies on your body would help ( just a stupid example) or poor chocolate over your boobs and showing your viewers how you eat while having solo sex.

Where exactly do you put the camera when filming and do you use a program to edit?

Thanks once again, you're all so sweet. This forum is awesome. Never expected to find so many helpful people. I appreciate this a lot.

Most videos require acting of some sort! And Clips4Sale literally has a category for everything (link to the category list). I routinely go through this list and make a list of what categories I think I can do well in, jot down ideas and how frequently the category gets updated so I know how often to shoot, etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MaddyLuxx
On wigs, I think whether you go cheap or fancy is just depending on if you want quantity or quality. I have my share of cheap costume wigs, but I also feel like I've wasted a lot of money on wigs that will never look good. Most cities have a nice wig shop; when I went to my last one the man working there was super helpful and even pointed me in the direction of popular wigs for certain character costumes. If you're looking for one good wig to wear all the time, that might be a better option for you. Again, it depends on your own situation, and how much you're looking to spend. I'll say that the nice ones I got from the wig store were not as expensive as I thought they'd be, about ~50 dollars. And you can try them on which is awesome.

Thank you, so many categories, is it up to you to pick a category? Because it doesn't always seem to be obvious.
Is there a limit on how many videos you can shoot a week, a month?
And an average of what you can earn of you ( let's say) shoot one video a week?

On wigs: I naturally have thin hair, so I was thinking about a Pamela Anderson look ( don't know why but I think blondes will do) and maybe the kinda wig that shows dark roots which makes it looks more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.