AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So you think YOU hate spiders?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SoTxBob said:
BTW.. to get rid of them, spraying Raid or such doesn't do much to them unless you hit them directly. With the pesticide residue left that does kill roaches and other bugs, spiders points of contact are so small they they just walk right over it and they will abandon a web that's been contaminated. Hairspray and a bic lighter works well tho.... :evil: :lol:
Also a great way to get rid of that pesky house you live in! :lol:

SoTxBob said:
BTW.. to get rid of them, spraying Raid or such doesn't do much to them unless you hit them directly. With the pesticide residue left that does kill roaches and other bugs, spiders points of contact are so small they they just walk right over it and they will abandon a web that's been contaminated. Hairspray and a bic lighter works well tho.... :evil: :lol:
I don't use any unnatural pesticides in my life for any reason so yeah... not a problem. Plus my problem is hobo spiders who thrive when spraying happens due to the lack of competition.
I just finished my epic spider battle. destroyed the nest and sprayed natural lemon, tea tree and oreganol extract to repel them.

Attachments

• IMG_20120728_130653.jpg
    IMG_20120728_130653.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 254
JoleneJolene said:
SoTxBob said:
I don't use any unnatural pesticides in my life for any reason so yeah... not a problem. Plus my problem is hobo spiders who thrive when spraying happens due to the lack of competition.
I just finished my epic spider battle. destroyed the nest and sprayed natural lemon, tea tree and oreganol extract to repel them.

Your cats do not kill them for you?

If there's something scary
on your bedroom wall?
Who ya gonna call?
JOLENE JOLENE

If there's something weird
and it don't look good
Who ya gonna call?
JOLENE JOLENE

She ain't afraid of no spiders

If you're seeing things
running through your kitchen
Who can ya call?
JOLENE JOLENE

An eight-legged spider
sleeping in your bed
Who ya gonna call?
JOLENE JOLENE

:-D

Bocefish said:
^^ Oh yes she is! :lol:

Do cats normally kill spiders? I've only seen one do it regularly. His name was originally JD, but earned the J-Bugeater-D nickname.

My Mom's house cats do not kill things on purpose, it is just a side effect of the horrific injuries inflicted by being used as a cats play toy. Her outdoor cats would hunt things to eat, before they were killed or vanished.

mynameisbob84 said:

If there's something scary
on your bedroom wall?
Who ya gonna call?
JOLENE JOLENE

If there's something weird
and it don't look good
Who ya gonna call?
JOLENE JOLENE

If you're seeing things
running through your kitchen
Who can ya call?
JOLENE JOLENE

An eight-legged spider
sleeping in your bed
Who ya gonna call?
JOLENE JOLENE

:-D

RqlMS.jpg

Bocefish said:
^^ Oh yes she is! :lol:

Do cats normally kill spiders? I've only seen one do it regularly. His name was originally JD, but earned the J-Bugeater-D nickname.

My kitties only play with bugs that fly. bastards.

Do you always carry a shotgun when hunting spiders?? Are they that big??
I think I'd be scared if that was the case.

Attachments

• funny can we be friends.jpg
    funny can we be friends.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 189
I have a love/hate relationship with spiders. On one hand, they really are beautifully creepy creatures. I love creepy things. It's an obsession. On the other hand, I really don't want one crawling on me...but I refuse to kill them. I have this fear that if I ever kill a spider, all of the spider's friends and family are going to hunt me down and destroy me. So far, I've only had one spider attack me in my life, even when they were around. I used to live in this basement with spiders all over the walls and they were so freaking cool. Never saw any leave the wall, they just chilled with me, making neat webs. I miss those guys.

Of course, the one time I was attacked, I was tripping acid and playing video games and it was horrifying. I'm just assuming the spider knew that though, and was just fucking around with me. It charged at me from the PS2, but I got away!

I do have a few irrational fears. Daddy long legs are TERRIFYING. I used to have nightmares about them. Also, ladybugs. In the midwest there are these beetles that look like them but are orange instead of red and dotless. They used to TAKE OVER my room when I lived in the country, so now I can't appreciate ladybugs. I see one and go OH SHIT! the other night though I got a little tipsy and held one and I think we're cool now.

An army of eunuch spiders now concerns me.
Males of sexually cannibalistic spiders commonly mutilate parts of their paired genitals (palps) during copulation, which may result in complete emasculation or the 'eunuch phenomenon'. In an orb-web nephilid spider, Nephilengys malabarensis, about 75 per cent of males fall victim to sexual cannibalism, and the surviving males become half-eunuchs (one palp emasculated) or full-eunuchs (both palps emasculated). While it has been shown that surviving eunuchs are better fighters compared with intact males when guarding the females with which they have mated, mechanisms behind eunuchs' superior fighting abilities are unknown
http://io9.com/5929978/just-why-does-castration-make-spiders-into-better-fighters

Well that's no mystery!

1. take away his sex drive, and he'll concentrate on what he's doing instead of having that pesky permanent distraction

2. take away his ability to have children and he'll protect the ones he DOES have, giving his life for them if he must

Is it totally weird that I am more afraid of dead spiders than live ones? I have never had any horrible experiences, but I can easily squish a spider, but once its dead and all creepy with its little legs curled up, fuck that.

since you woke it up here... :-D

Reactions: LadyLuna
Happy momma I found by my door when I came home one night. Forgot to add. I couldn't tell you how many babies she was carrying on her back. She was so pretty.
And, yes, this is an image of life to counter Just_me's horrific depiction of death.....which is also a depiction of life for the wasp, I guess.

Attachments

• 8momma.jpg
    8momma.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: SoTxBob
Just Me said:

omg and I sooo had my money on the guy that won!!... (I won't spoil it)
Great fight :clap: ... really didn't know who was gonna make it there!!

GUYS. HALP.
I have an actual problem.
I've lived in this house for 2 years and by now i've gotten used to the meaty hairy hugeass spiders that will cross my living room like a boss and look at me wrong if I walk at the same time, (they chase my feet, too, I believe they're wolf spiders or something like that ) but whatever, they're like bitchy little pets to me now.
BUT. I have found, in the last couple of weeks , TWO baby black widows in my bedroom, one after the other, not together, so there would have been a significant difference in size if they had been from the same "egg bed" so to speak, and no I'm not insane and I know what a baby black widow freaking looks like and now I can't sleep anymore help help.

FrenchKitty said:
GUYS. HALP.
I've lived in this house for 2 years and by now i've gotten used to the meaty hairy hugeass spiders that will cross my living room like a boss and look at me wrong if I walk at the same time, (they chase my feet, too, I believe they're wolf spiders or something like that ) but whatever, they're like bitchy little pets to me now.
BUT. I have found, in the last couple of weeks , TWO baby black widows in my bedroom, one after the other, not together, so there would have been a significant difference in size if they had been from the same "egg bed" so to speak, and no I'm not insane and I know what a baby black widow freaking looks like and now I can't sleep anymore help help.
It's not a matter of being insane, lots of spiders have markings to mimic other, more dangerous spiders. Not sure exactly what you want help with: identification, removal, extermination?
I like to go here for identification- http://www.whatsthatbug.com/
For removal I go to my kitchen and fetch a paper towel or something.
For extermination, I use insecticide or my foot or whatever is handy (though very rarely).

Reactions: FrenchKitty
FrenchKitty said:
GUYS. HALP.
nobugsbomb.jpg

Or get a couple female siamese cats. :) They'll attack anything that moves.

Reactions: FrenchKitty
Red7227 said:
LadyLuna said:
I am *so* glad I don't live in australia

Nah, the spiders are fine, its the snakes and the wasps you really need to worry about, and the jellyfish, and the crocodiles, and the poisonous octopi, and the stonefish, and the sharks of course, and a couple people have been killed by Cassowarys - which is a kind of emu - other than that it fine. What could possibly go wrong?
You forget the deadly stingray, don't make the same mistake as Steve Irwin, stay out of the water.

lordmagellan said:
FrenchKitty said:
GUYS. HALP.
It's not a matter of being insane, lots of spiders have markings to mimic other, more dangerous spiders. Not sure exactly what you want help with: identification, removal, extermination?
I like to go here for identification- http://www.whatsthatbug.com/
For removal I go to my kitchen and fetch a paper towel or something.
For extermination, I use insecticide or my foot or whatever is handy (though very rarely).
I already, obviously , puréed them. But I worry that if there were two, there must be billions. It's ok, I'm not giving up on finding the source..........If I do i'll give you pictures since you guys seem to enjoy spiders for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.