AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Some basic questions...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieElise

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
MFC Username
EliMarie
Streamate Username
MarieElise
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
So if I'm on there trying to make a goal, but it's taking me too long to make it, and I need to go do other things...

Say I have a goal for 750 tokens to get topless, and I reach 370, but it's been an hour, so it's not worth my time to keep going at such a slow rate. Then I cancel and go to log on at SM for a bit...
My question is what about the guys who tipped toward the 370?
How do you guys handle that? I wanted to do this the other night but felt guilty to stop, for those who were waiting and had tipped toward goal. Is it normal for me to feel bad, or is that just part of how things work on token sites?

Also last night I had such a goal. The majority of the first 370 was one dude who ended up buying a clip and leaving. Then another guy made goal by tipping 600 through Share for a skype show. Anyway, I did the skype show first, then went back and hung out topless a while. Would that have been rude? Most guys in the room had only added 3 or 10 tokens, so the 2 guys who tipped a lot, were who I was primarily focused on.

Last edited:
the 2 guys who tipped a lot, were who I was primarily focused on.
I think that's totally fine.

goal for 750 tokens to get topless, and I reach 370, but it's been an hour, so it's not worth my time to keep going at such a slow rate. Then I cancel ... My question is what about the guys who tipped toward the 370?
How do you guys handle that?
My countdowns usually were contributed to by 1. my regulars (who are tipping for my company anyway, the show is mostly bonus) and 2. video purchasers (who already got something for their tip and show is a bonus). So I don't feel bad if a count is taking too long and I need to leave because people pitching in feel they already got something for their tips.

The people who chip in 5 or 10 likely enjoyed their time anyway, it would be ridiculous to expect the model push herself past her time limit for their very small contribution.

Upvote 0
Goals are nice, but for me, it's never the reason I tip the model. Often, the people in the room don't either. It usually just happens. I don't feel ripped-off, if the model leaves with only 5 tokens left to the goal. Then it's just my fault for not tipping those 5 tokens earlier.

I do know that you can set your tipgoal to work only by certain tips. Like you could exclude videosales or, in your example, big share tips. Why should you do a cumshow for a bunch of non-tippers just because some guy bought a skype show? Doesn't seem right. But I guess that's a bit of a debate since that's different for every model.

Upvote 0
So if I'm on there trying to make a goal, but it's taking me too long to make it, and I need to go do other things...

Say I have a goal for 750 tokens to get topless, and I reach 370, but it's been an hour, so it's not worth my time to keep going at such a slow rate. Then I cancel and go to log on at SM for a bit...
My question is what about the guys who tipped toward the 370?
When this happens with me I normally say something like "we have x minutes to finish the goal before I log off". IMO it's a fair way to do it since it's not like you are bailing all of a sudden and gives them some warning. I think it's pretty normal on token sites that if a goal dosnt get done by the time the model wants to log off then theres no goal show. The option of a private is there if they dont want to wait or risk a goal not happening, but I think it's unrealistic for anyone to expect the model to sit there for hours waiting to do a small goal when there is 0 progress being made on it.

Upvote 0
When this happens with me I normally say something like "we have x minutes to finish the goal before I log off". IMO it's a fair way to do it since it's not like you are bailing all of a sudden and gives them some warning.

This is what I do too. I'll usually put a timer on the screen and say "if we don't finish the countdown by the time the timer ends, I'm going to log off." Usually at that point it's just my regulars hanging out and they've already cleared a couple goals but are mostly there for the chatting and don't care much about the show. Sometimes someone will step up and clear it if they want a show. It helps me keep things moving and feel like I'm not wasting my time waiting for something that isn't going to come.

Upvote 0
I'll usually put a timer on the screen and say "if we don't finish the countdown by the time the timer ends, I'm going to log off."
Oh yes I use a timer often as well. I think @EliMarie717 needs to start using OBS and Charlesbot before that can happen though.

Upvote 0
I
Oh yes I use a timer often as well. I think @EliMarie717 needs to start using OBS and Charlesbot before that can happen though.
I’m using obs and some commands on Charles bot . I’m doing what yummy said and she’s right I’m not getting kicked off as much now. Just once in a while. I’m running obs as a virtual camera now .

Upvote 0
Re: The timer....that's a good idea. I don't use Charlesbot, but I know that if you type :tenmin into your chat, a 10-minute timer posts in the chat for everyone to see. Back in the day I used to post that to remind people that I was logging off in ten minutes, and just in case they wanted to send more tokens and possibly keep me on longer. Or if you type :fivemin into your chat, a 5-minute timer will post. But the weird thing about the 5-minute one is that when it's supposed to end at 00:00, it just automatically starts over again at 05:00 which is annoying.

But the Charlesbot timer veggiebabyy and Amber are talking about is probably cooler anyway. There are probably a lot of cool Charlesbot features I'm missing out on, because I got so agitated with Charlesbot the one time I used it (It was messing up my mood), and just said screw it...I'll just type out everything myself. Lol.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mel1 and MarieElise
Upvote 0
Nah, don't feel bad. I set my goals high on purpose mostly to encourage people to tip for things they want on my menu or to go pvt. Reaching a countdown goal is just bonus.

That said, if a guy is tipping high for the sake of tipping high and isn't doing it for menu or share items, I will usually still give him a flash or add him to friends and message him or do something to show my appreciation. I really appreciate the guys who know they are carrying a room and do it tor me anyway.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mel1 and MarieElise
Upvote 0
Re: The timer....that's a good idea. I don't use Charlesbot, but I know that if you type :tenmin into your chat, a 10-minute timer posts in the chat for everyone to see. Back in the day I used to post that to remind people that I was logging off in ten minutes, and just in case they wanted to send more tokens and possibly keep me on longer. Or if you type :fivemin into your chat, a 5-minute timer will post. But the weird thing about the 5-minute one is that when it's supposed to end at 00:00, it just automatically starts over again at 05:00 which is annoying.

But the Charlesbot timer veggiebabyy and Amber are talking about is probably cooler anyway. There are probably a lot of cool Charlesbot features I'm missing out on, because I got so agitated with Charlesbot the one time I used it (It was messing up my mood), and just said screw it...I'll just type out everything myself. Lol.
I believe the :tenmin or other emote timers reset for anyone new coming into the chat, so it may be misleading. And yes they start over when they're done. It's just an animated gif.

the charlesbot timer is the most trusted way to go.

Upvote 0
From a token-site viewer's perspective, you should totally understand the show may end before a goal is met, especially if many sit and watch while few tip.
Whenever a model split-cams, it can go the other way too; the current goal is met on another site, and you get to see it early.
Never hear anyone complain about that :)

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Thanks, everyone's info has been really helpful here. I actually thought I had posted this in models only because I was too scared to possibly inflame Members. Sounds like this is all in my head, and that it's totally customary to give up if it's taking too long.

Thanks for easing my worry everyone.
I'm definitely going to take several of these tips of how to handle things, on board.

I do think if someone tips substantially, but not through share where they are getting anything for it, I'll definitely want to send them something.
Otherwise, I would worry it wasn't fair, but that's a nice way of settling it, and vouchers are easy to make (I already tested that feature out).

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Thanks, everyone's info has been really helpful here. I actually thought I had posted this in models only because I was too scared to possibly inflame Members. Sounds like this is all in my head, and that it's totally customary to give up if it's taking too long.

Thanks for easing my worry everyone.
I'm definitely going to take several of these tips of how to handle things, on board.

I do think if someone tips substantially, but not through share where they are getting anything for it, I'll definitely want to send them something.
Otherwise, I would worry it wasn't fair, but that's a nice way of settling it, and vouchers are easy to make (I already tested that feature out).
I used to usually get one or two holding up the team, and sometimes they'd PM asking if I just wanted to go PVT/group instead, which I think benefits everyone as you get to avoid giving the freeloaders what they want, and the tippers get to have you to themselves and not feel like their tips are being taken advantage of by non-tippers.

Obviously if the goal isn't that high to start with, they can end up paying more this way. But, if I was getting fed up and wanted to leave, I'd openly just offer this to the guys who were tipping. Saying something like "guys, don't think I'm gonna hit goal tonight, so I need to head off in a bit. Member X Y and Z who have tipped, fancy having some group/private time to finish off the night?"

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Keep in mind that club shows are a thing on MFC now, if you get close to a goal and want to do the show, but only include those who chipped in x-amount, you can create a club and send free invites/vouchers to those members, and do the show in there. Then put a cost on the club so anyone else who wants to watch has to tip that amount to get in.

(I actually always have a hidden club pre-made in case I want to do this. Then I can just go make it visible, send out the vouchers, and hop in it for the show.)

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that club shows are a thing on MFC now, if you get close to a goal and want to do the show, but only include those who chipped in x-amount, you can create a club and send free invites/vouchers to those members, and do the show in there. Then put a cost on the club so anyone else who wants to watch has to tip that amount to get in.

(I actually always have a hidden club pre-made in case I want to do this. Then I can just go make it visible, send out the vouchers, and hop in it for the show.)
O I was wondering what the club feature was, and how it worked. This is exactly what I will want to be utilizing then. Thank you so much Amber, you are SO beyond helpful. This is genius. I had the feeling there was probably a smarter way to manage things that I just wasn't aware of yet.

Thanks too @Sashacurves I'll be adding that to my toolbox too, I appreciate you sharing. That is also a really smart way of doing things.

I tried mfc back in 2015 and nearly gave myself a nervous breakdown, and managed my room super poorly. Basically, because I never asked or learned from any other models. This time things are going so much better and way differently. Even just simply limiting PMs make a huge, HUUUUUUUUGE difference :party:🎉

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0

I had no idea Club Shows could be used this way that's such a good idea!

Upvote 0
O I was wondering what the club feature was, and how it worked. This is exactly what I will want to be utilizing then. Thank you so much Amber, you are SO beyond helpful. This is genius. I had the feeling there was probably a smarter way to manage things that I just wasn't aware of yet.

Thanks too @Sashacurves I'll be adding that to my toolbox too, I appreciate you sharing. That is also a really smart way of doing things.

I tried mfc back in 2015 and nearly gave myself a nervous breakdown, and managed my room super poorly. Basically, because I never asked or learned from any other models. This time things are going so much better and way differently. Even just simply limiting PMs make a huge, HUUUUUUUUGE difference :party:🎉
I had no idea Club Shows could be used this way that's such a good idea!
OOH also need to note: if you switch into club show, you have to close current chat room (just for a second) and click the button next to it to start your club broadcast. While you're in the club, your room will say "Model is in a club show, click here to join" or some such. Sometimes you end up making more than the remainder of the count you were going for.

Upvote 0

You're welcome! I've switched to SM for now but left MFC up in case I change my mind and give it another go in future - did you pick up from an old account or start from scratch?

Upvote 0
You're welcome! I've switched to SM for now but left MFC up in case I change my mind and give it another go in future - did you pick up from an old account or start from scratch?
I started from scratch. I've been doing SM many years. Please DM me or tag me anytime, and I'll be happy to help you with any questions for SM. Joining new sites can be overwhelming. There is also a SM discord too.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
I started from scratch. I've been doing SM many years. Please DM me or tag me anytime, and I'll be happy to help you with any questions for SM. Joining new sites can be overwhelming. There is also a SM discord too.
Makes sense, I'm leaving mine open for the sake of the odd video that still get's bought from MFC share but reckon I'll go from scratch to reset the camscore if I do pick it up again.

Thank you, appreciate it 😊 I've only been camming 11 months so total newbie on both sites really but if I can help you with any other MFC questions I'm happy to!

I am loving the relative privacy of SM but damn is it physically more demanding. I know the 30s rule for PVT but do you have any advice for general pacing in PVT/EXCL? I often find myself quickly getting into it because I don't wanna be wasting their time. But when it's a case of straight into dildo play within 30-60s and then they only last a further 30-60s, it feels like a lot of wasted effort (and lube and wipes and undressing etc lol). Do you have your own set of timing rules sort of thing? I'm a little scared of being seen as a time waster if I do that...

Upvote 0
Makes sense, I'm leaving mine open for the sake of the odd video that still get's bought from MFC share but reckon I'll go from scratch to reset the camscore if I do pick it up again.

Thank you, appreciate it 😊 I've only been camming 11 months so total newbie on both sites really but if I can help you with any other MFC questions I'm happy to!

I am loving the relative privacy of SM but damn is it physically more demanding. I know the 30s rule for PVT but do you have any advice for general pacing in PVT/EXCL? I often find myself quickly getting into it because I don't wanna be wasting their time. But when it's a case of straight into dildo play within 30-60s and then they only last a further 30-60s, it feels like a lot of wasted effort (and lube and wipes and undressing etc lol). Do you have your own set of timing rules sort of thing? I'm a little scared of being seen as a time waster if I do that...
I have mine set at 5.99 private and 8.99 exclusive. I’m not a Femdom model. I think they can get away with higher. I could probably get away with a higher exclusive but when I raised my private my average hourly went way way down and I went through a period of being super pissed off. So 5.99 is my golden rate for private. Because I do a lot of stacked privates where I’ll have a lot of people in there.

I don’t start anything for 30secs. Then I try to take a minimum 2-3 mins to tease sensually w panties on and topless. I also frequently offer a free clip to anyone who can last at least 5 mins. That helped a lot too. I definitely wouldn’t price below 4.99 for either. What are your current rates?

There are a lot of different ways to work the site. There are models who do well doing mainly all gold shows too which is an equally good way to do things as well. I do some GS but lots of private and group too. A model who did mainly GS would be smarter to have their rates way higher than mine, because that would sell guys on being high tipper and joining their gold shows . So there’s no one way to do things. There are several really smart ways depending on the type of model you are and what you enjoy most.

I do really well on the site these days and average anywhere from $100 to $200 or more hourly (on non-contest weeks), but there are models who make even more. Physically though it can be intense for me, and even though I make less, I really like to just chill on mfc. However I'll still be on SM a lot too, but you're right it is a lot more physically exhausting (at least for me). I've been streaming and making clips 7 years now, and it took me several years to get my average hourly up like that. Then recently it went down again due to overpricing my privates (for my crowd), but now it's back up again. However, that being said it's not a job I could physically do more than 10 or 15 hours a week. The rest of my work time I make clips or stream on mfc, because physically and mentally (untreated ADHD) I can't handle SM more than that amount of time.

Sorry for the novel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have mine set at 5.99 private and 8.99 exclusive. I’m not a Femdom model. I think they can get away with higher. I could probably get away with a higher exclusive but when I raised my private my average hourly went way way down and I went through a period of being super pissed off. So 5.99 is my golden rate for private. Because I do a lot of stacked privates where I’ll have a lot of people in there.

I don’t start anything for 30secs. Then I try to take a minimum 2-3 mins to tease sensually w panties on and topless. I also frequently offer a free clip to anyone who can last at least 5 mins. That helped a lot too. I definitely wouldn’t price below 4.99 for either. What are your current rates?
I've accidentally fallen into all the femdom stuff but far from experienced enough to base my brand on it at this point so sticking with more vanilla pricing sounds right to me.

OK good to know you don't do much before 2 mins, I think I need to get stricter with myself on this and find better ways to fluff the first couple mins! And the free clip is also a great shout, how do you advertise that - in public chat/profile/once they start the excl?

My rates are currently 5.99 PVT and 6.99 EXCL. I've deliberately kept them close because I want to encourage EXCL. PVT can be fun but for me its usually just one or two paying and those annoying :h:0s freeloaders coming in and out.
There are a lot of different ways to work the site. There are models who do well doing mainly all gold shows too which is an equally good way to do things as well. I do some GS but lots of private and group too. A model who did mainly GS would be smarter to have their rates way higher than mine, because that would sell guys on being high tipper and joining their gold shows . So there’s no one way to do things. There are several really smart ways depending on the type of model you are and what you enjoy most.
I've done 2 gold shows and they both worked out very well but it's too anxiety inducing for me, I'm not cut out for the gold show life haha.

Upvote 0
I've accidentally fallen into all the femdom stuff but far from experienced enough to base my brand on it at this point so sticking with more vanilla pricing sounds right to me.
There are vanilla models who are way more successful than me and have them higher too. So that's just what works for me, since I'm a bit inconsistent, and have a large following of guys who are used to lower. Definitely do what works best for you though.
OK good to know you don't do much before 2 mins, I think I need to get stricter with myself on this and find better ways to fluff the first couple mins! And the free clip is also a great shout, how do you advertise that - in public chat/profile/once they start the excl?
On the botton of your broadcast screen is a plus button, if you click it, it brings you to your "autoresponse" keys. I utilize those A LOT, and have one set to say "anyone who lasts over 5 mins in exclusive gets a free clip immediately afterward, tonight only!".
My rates are currently 5.99 PVT and 6.99 EXCL. I've deliberately kept them close because I want to encourage EXCL. PVT can be fun but for me its usually just one or two paying and those annoying :h:0s freeloaders coming in and out.

I've done 2 gold shows and they both worked out very well but it's too anxiety inducing for me, I'm not cut out for the gold show life haha.
I felt the same way my first few years too. It takes a while for some of us to get comfy with certain things, and sometimes never. And that's fine. Everyone should do what they enjoy and not push themselves to do anything past their personal limits or uncomfy for them. In time, if you utilize the block button, you will likely end up with more paying guys who get privates. Definitely don't be shy to block and report rule breakers and freeloaders, they slow down your chat and make things inefficient. On SM they are very strict about reporting rule breakers and not breaking the rules. So be careful and definitely read up here on everything. I can also message you the discord link too, where there is faster access to peers and some support staff.

Upvote 0
On the botton of your broadcast screen is a plus button, if you click it, it brings you to your "autoresponse" keys. I utilize those A LOT, and have one set to say "anyone who lasts over 5 mins in exclusive gets a free clip immediately afterward, tonight only!".
I've seen this but forget to use it!
Definitely don't be shy to block and report rule breakers and freeloaders, they slow down your chat and make things inefficient.
The problem is that you can't block them once they've left can you? So you have to catch them quick or remember their username for next time.
On SM they are very strict about reporting rule breakers and not breaking the rules. So be careful and definitely read up here on everything. I can also message you the discord link too, where there is faster access to peers and some support staff.
I'm on the discord actually but I have no idea really how to use it lol, I'm gonna go have a good look at it now. Thanks so much for all the advice it's been really useful!

Upvote 0
The problem is that you can't block them once they've left can you? So you have to catch them quick or remember their username for next time.
The site can be super glitchy, especially the weeks they are rolling out updates, but I have a setting on my account that makes their names stay for a set amount of minutes after they've left. I have it set for 5 mins but you can set it for 10 or 15 too. You can get their member ID and use the external block link too (block link included below).

Attachments

• making names stay longer for blocking etc.JPG
    making names stay longer for blocking etc.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.