AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Some Questions/Advice from successful models...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntravenousFlytrap

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 5, 2017
Wonderland
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@IVenusflytrap
MFC Username
IVenusFlytrap
Chaturbate Username
IntravenousFlytrap
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000928092/PsiloKitty/
Hi, I'm Ariel and I'm a Webcam model who is below average on the success scale of camming. I've been camming since the 1st of September. I offer extra content and cam quite regularly on CB and MFC. I'm very smiley, talkative and pay attention to every viewer I possibly can. I tried SM once and gad a very successful day with a few privates lasting 20 to 30 Mina each. Don't remember the price per minute but it was decent money.

I like to strip for tips or strip tease before doing toy cumshows. Where's the best place to do this? I'm pretty vanilla when it comes to sex so where can I find viewers who'll enjoy that? Seeing me pleasure myself to orgasm because that's the main goal of any of my shows. I don't like roleplay.

I consider a successful model to be one that makes a decent regular income, and actually get people to pay 1000 tokens just to get them topless. Or even 500 just to get topless.

She's also a model who has a nice profile that includes a bunch of extra content like a store, videos, photos, care packages, membership subscriptions for fanclubs, premium snapchats, etc. They also usually have quite a few videos available. Like at least 20 with some in the 100 range. Not to mention high cam scores and busy chatrooms.

My questions pertaining to these models...

1. How long did it take you to get this successful?

2. What did you talk about and do in your rooms when you were just starting out (possibly before having any lingerie or toys)?

3. How long did it take you to make do many videos and how do you make sure they're all unique and not all rehashes of the same video content like having two or three videos of giving blowjobs... or is that acceptable to do and still get people to like and buy your videos?

I have trouble coming up with creative ideas for videos. I only have 6 but I want more like 20 at LEAST recorded and for sale. I live in a small camper too so I can't use a variety of rooms to spice things up. Any advice on this?

5. What do you do to convince your viewers to play your games on sites like chaturbate and get a regular infux of tokens this way? I try and sometimes do OKAY with token keno and wheel of fortune but I lowball myself to make sure I at least get some tips instead of none for being too expensive.

6. On places like stream ate what do you charge for private and excusive shows? What do you charge for Skype shows? Guys apparently line up to pay for such private shows for you so you're doing something right and I'm wondering what it is.

7. How much do you sell your snapchat for and how the HELL do you actually get people to buy it? I promote my snap in rooms, twitter,everywhere I can and o my have a few cheap subscribers. Now that I'm charging 800tk for a lifetime subscription again no one is buying.

8. I usually charge a dollar a minute for skype. What should I be charging if that's too cheap?

9. Please give me some ideas for extra Content besides panties, videos, pics, personal letters, or snapchat. I also don't have the means to bake since I don't have an oven in my camper. What else could I Include in a care package?

10. What do you wear on cam most of the time?

11 How much do you charge for your tip menu and what do you offer on it?

12. What do you do to promote yourself and how often do you do this and on what sites?

13. Any cam girl sites I should join in particular? Preferably ones where I can set up a fan club and forum so I can meet and make friends with people... guys and other models.
Just... to summarize: how did you become as successful as you are? Also how do you keep up with regularly providing new content indefinitely without running out of ideas? Can I use an iPhone or gopro to keep taking new pics for new content or should I shoot with professional photographers? I smile all the time in my rooms, try to get them to chat and they sometimes do, but they hardly ever tip. Or if they do its very small amounts.

I only have one regular who'll buy me things to do Skype shows who is kind of in love with me I think cuz he always says he misses me daily.
Last question: where do you find the motivation to do all of this stuff regularly? Between camming, video making, relying on a timer to take pics of yourself or having someone else do it, promoting yourself...

Sorry for the long post. I just get discouraged seeing my dinky 6 video manyvids profile with a decent amount of photos both professional and amateur. I want more erotica pics though so I think I'm going to have to use a photographer for pics of me masturbating or having sex.

Rambling over. Hopefully someone can help me out with some of these questions. Excuse the typos cuz I typed this on my phone and didn't reread it.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Pia
Okay, I’m going to be blunt.

I get it. You’ve been doing this for 3 months. It’s not going as well as you hoped - you know it’s going to take time and effort to see improvements, and you want to know what to expect, how to speed up the process. But girl...you are asking for an awful lot of hand holding and spoon feeding, here.

Part of being good at this job will mean jumping into it, experincing it, looking within yourself to find out what YOU really want to do and what is worth your time. You won’t get that by asking successful models what they do. Research will help you more in the long run.

There’s lots of information all around you, not just on this forum, but on the sites you’re working. Look around and take that information in. Find things that click with you and your personality. Use common sense!

I noticed all your videos on Manyvids are free. That, for sure, is not going to make you money.

Not a model so I won't answers most of the questions asked. I will say you might want to look at adjusting your profiles first. I looked at your MFC and SM profiles. The MFC is very negative to a customer. It's half a page of what you WON'T do. Then half a page of what you will.. WITH conditions and then implying everyone's out to scam you. Your SM profile doesn't direct anyone to know what fetish or activity you prefer to do but say how your mood matters.

But one thing is consistent with both. You're mood dependent. While everyone in the world do things based on mood understand that this is a business situation. Placing your mood over your ability to do business is going to scare many people off. If I want something from you I just want to know how to get it from you with my money not having to guess 'what mood' you're in. You don't have to write how you can say no whenever you want, to say no whenever you want. Writing it gives the vibe that you're just ALWAYS going to say no so you thought to write it down ahead of time.

Just my two cents.

tl;dr. Many customers assume if you're in the mood to work you're online and offline if not. You're might be making your mood a hurdle that many simply won't try to jump over to do business with you consistently.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SxySophie and Gen
I don' vanilla cam anymore but when I did I regularly had members tipping those amounts from my first week onward.

It was all luck.

1. How long did it take you to get this successful?
To make 1000tks to topless and have 20 vids? (this is a very narrow definition of success... and not mine) About a year. The 1000tk to topless thing was faster but it took me time to build up vids, and my first ones were not great.

2. What did you talk about and do in your rooms when you were just starting out (possibly before having any lingerie or toys)?
Whatever i was interested in and what was going on in my life. My hobbies, my sexual interests, my job.

3. How long did it take you to make do many videos and how do you make sure they're all unique and not all rehashes of the same video content like having two or three videos of giving blowjobs... or is that acceptable to do and still get people to like and buy your videos?

It's acceptable to do rehashes (i have probably 20 different versions of JOI vids) but I always had the opposite issue. Too many ideas, not enough resources or time to create them all.

I have trouble coming up with creative ideas for videos. I only have 6 but I want more like 20 at LEAST recorded and for sale. I live in a small camper too so I can't use a variety of rooms to spice things up. Any advice on this?

You could rent a shooting space, shoot outdoors, or change up the background with sheets. When i started out i was in a hoarding situation with sheets up to cover holes in the wall. I had one tiny corner of a room with a mattress and I still managed to shoot different strip tease, dildo fucking, and even a bondage video.

5. What do you do to convince your viewers to play your games on sites like chaturbate and get a regular infux of tokens this way? I try and sometimes do OKAY with token keno and wheel of fortune but I lowball myself to make sure I at least get some tips instead of none for being too expensive.

I don't use chaturbate but games are an easy way to get people to chip away at countdowns on MFC. I know t his isn't everyones experience, but i never had much trouble with it. I try to make the prizes good value without being overwhelming for me to fulfill and often have one BIG ticket prize worth considerably more than the buy in price on a game.

6. On places like stream ate what do you charge for private and excusive shows? What do you charge for Skype shows? Guys apparently line up to pay for such private shows for you so you're doing something right and I'm wondering what it is.

I just use MFC. Skypes I charge the same as privates. When i was starting out on MFC i started really low on skypes but found it brought more stress. I take less skypes now and make more in public chat.

7. How much do you sell your snapchat for and how the HELL do you actually get people to buy it? I promote my snap in rooms, twitter,everywhere I can and o my have a few cheap subscribers. Now that I'm charging 800tk for a lifetime subscription again no one is buying.

150tks = 30 days. 1200tks = 1 year. I get people to buy it by advertising it, creating a 'sample' folder or video showing what they're missing, showing snaps on cam when things come up in conversation, and giving away snap chat as prizes so people can get a taste. I'm not a fan of lifetime snap as it encourages people not to continue tipping for a continuous stream of content that has no end date.

8. I usually charge a dollar a minute for skype. What should I be charging if that's too cheap?
That's very cheap. Here's an article i wrote about pricing..
https://www.cammodelexpress.com/todays-tip-how-to-price-things-when-youre-new/

9. Please give me some ideas for extra Content besides panties, videos, pics, personal letters, or snapchat. I also don't have the means to bake since I don't have an oven in my camper. What else could I Include in a care package?

The point of a care package is to make it personal. I sculpt, so i've included mini creations. I live in New Orleans so I have sent off beads i've collected on bourbon street, chickory coffee, praelines i bought locally, recipie cards, etc. I've made packages with pussy prints/boob prints I made with paint. I've sent things i found in nature. Postcards.. etc. Christmas themed goodies with hotcocoa, a stocking, candy, an ornament etc... this is just like gift giving. You just need to think about who you're making it for and make it unique.

10. What do you wear on cam most of the time?

It varies between t-shirts and panties all the way to lingerie and dominatrix outfits or themed outfits. You can successfully cam without lingerie.. and I think you should cam in whatever makes you feel sexy and inspired and fits your brand.

11 How much do you charge for your tip menu and what do you offer on it?

https://profiles.myfreecams.com/Miss_Lollipop#TipMenu

12. What do you do to promote yourself and how often do you do this and on what sites?

I promote myself mostly on twitter ( your twitter is locked, this wont help) and I also use instagram sparingly. I have an auto poster that sends any website updates to tumblr. Twitter is my main form of promotion... and i'm doing that constantly.

I also go to regular events yearly, run a separate camming related business and collaborate with other models. You don't NEED to do these things to be successful, but these are things I enjoy and they have raised my overall exposure.

13. Any cam girl sites I should join in particular? Preferably ones where I can set up a fan club and forum so I can meet and make friends with people... guys and other models.

Not sure what you mean by this...

Just... to summarize: how did you become as successful as you are?

-Luck and working my ass off. And finding the joy in it was crucial to me.

Also how do you keep up with regularly providing new content indefinitely without running out of ideas?

- I've never had this issue. I sometimes struggle to get all the footage i shoot edited and posted.. i have a folder with raw video files that i need to edit.

Can I use an iPhone or gopro to keep taking new pics for new content or should I shoot with professional photographers?

- Don't use a gopro for pics (unless the newer models are specifically better for this) but a good iphone will take great pictures. Get a $6 remote bluetooth shutter so you can take them yoruself or ask a friend or partner to help. you don't need to shoot with professional photographers unless you're going for a very professional type of brand. This isn't necessary to be a successful camgirl.
Last question: where do you find the motivation to do all of this stuff regularly? Between camming, video making, relying on a timer to take pics of yourself or having someone else do it, promoting yourself...

-I run this as a business. I find the motivation because i need money to live. When i first started camming i had too much motivation - i was a little 'cam crazy' i spent about two years living/breathing camming. I needed balance.. which is something i'm much better at now. I love going to conventions or collaborating with other models - I find I get a LOT accomplished in a small amount of time when i'm working iwth others at events or girl/girl collaborations. As far as the day to day grind of things, I make use of extensive to-do-lists and project lists and google calendar. I plan stuff out, and I do it. If i had a bad night on cam, I'd shoot a video so i wouldn't waste the make up. For me I had the opposite issue where I needed to learn to schedule down time to not burn out... sometimes I leave my phone behidn when i go out so I can disconnect.

A couple of little extra tips:

your profile does indeed read very negatively on MFC. Here's an article I wrote specifically about that: https://www.cammodelexpress.com/mis...rules-using-positive-language-why-you-should/

Your twitter is locked. While you may have good reason to do that, that will severely limit your ability to promote yourself there.

Overall I can tell you're frustrated.. its coming through in this post and it comes through in your profiles too. You seem to be comparing yourselves to others as a benchmark instead of simply figuring out your own goals, determining the next actions you need to get there..and doing them.

I'm not trying to discourage you from being human but when we cam and promote ourselves typically presenting the best version of our authentic selves is the best way to go. Camming takes patience, consistency, luck and while you don't need to love every minute of it if you can find genuine joy in it it will come across and will help. Your skills will develop over time.

Last edited:
Okay, I’m going to be blunt.

I get it. You’ve been doing this for 3 months. It’s not going as well as you hoped - you know it’s going to take time and effort to see improvements, and you want to know what to expect, how to speed up the process. But girl...you are asking for an awful lot of hand holding and spoon feeding, here.

Part of being good at this job will mean jumping into it, experincing it, looking within yourself to find out what YOU really want to do and what is worth your time. You won’t get that by asking successful models what they do. Research will help you more in the long run.

There’s lots of information all around you, not just on this forum, but on the sites you’re working. Look around and take that information in. Find things that click with you and your personality. Use common sense!

I noticed all your videos on Manyvids are free. That, for sure, is not going to make you money.

Oops, the free manyvids videos were supposed to be changed back to cost money. I made them free temporarily to download them to my computer myself because I lost them. Thank you for reminding me.

I didn't mean to come off as negative or frustrated in my profiles or in this post. I'm not too overly concerned with it honestly, since it's not something I'm even interested in doing full time. I was just curious how successful models did it because I'm considering going more full time than I have been.

Never realized my MFC profile came off so negatively. :( I'll have to change that ASAP. And my SM one for that matter. In my rooms I'm very positive and upbeat I swear. Lol I don't beg for tips or anything like that, but I guess maybe the negative stuff on my profiles came from so many people asking me the same stuff constantly and me having to tell them I'm not into it or whatever.

Thank you all for the advice regardless. I swear I'm not bitter--I do get a little jealous when I see a successful models profile page with a ton of content and vids and all that but I also realize they put a lot more work Into camming than I do. :)

And special thanks to you Lollipop for specifically answering all of my questions and being very nice with your answers. I appreciate all the info and the way you presented it.

Adding some advice regarding Skype shows:

You can use sites like Cammodel Directory and Skyprivate which display your profile and/or adult-oriented payment processors like IndieBill and Pervout Pay to take Skype shows. Charge less than your CB, MFC, and SM rates, but enough so that you get paid more (their payouts are 75-85%). This incentivises people to pay you more but spend less themselves. Always get the money first, and don't bother with free previews. The people who whine about it are time wasters.
PayPal, Google Wallet, Venmo, and Squarecash will all shut down your account and seize your money if they figure out you're a cam model.

Oops, the free manyvids videos were supposed to be changed back to cost money. I made them free temporarily to download them to my computer myself because I lost them. Thank you for reminding me.
BTW if you ever need to download vids again you can send yourself a MV Link. Make a regular account and open up the link while signed into it. Tada! You'll have all the vids in the link to download. Also, it's a good idea to keep your vids in a cloud like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Not a model so I won't answers most of the questions asked. I will say you might want to look at adjusting your profiles first. I looked at your MFC and SM profiles. The MFC is very negative to a customer. It's half a page of what you WON'T do. Then half a page of what you will.. WITH conditions and then implying everyone's out to scam you. Your SM profile doesn't direct anyone to know what fetish or activity you prefer to do but say how your mood matters.

But one thing is consistent with both. You're mood dependent. While everyone in the world do things based on mood understand that this is a business situation. Placing your mood over your ability to do business is going to scare many people off. If I want something from you I just want to know how to get it from you with my money not having to guess 'what mood' you're in. You don't have to write how you can say no whenever you want, to say no whenever you want. Writing it gives the vibe that you're just ALWAYS going to say no so you thought to write it down ahead of time.

Just my two cents.

tl;dr. Many customers assume if you're in the mood to work you're online and offline if not. You're might be making your mood a hurdle that many simply won't try to jump over to do business with you consistently.

Oh, and about the SM profile... again, I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I guess I just kind of based my descriptions on what I've dealt with camming, and wanted to be straightforward with what I'm not in the mood to do from the get-go than to have to rehash it to people over and over. But I see what you're saying. Thank you for helping me see it in a different light. I'll definitely edit it to be more business-friendly and less about me and more about what others want, rather than focusing on my mood.

A note about your MFC profile: I don't know if it's a good idea to advertise that you take payments through 3rd parties or that they can message your for other payment options. MFC is pretty permissive compared to other sites, but I'm sure they don't want you taking customer money to other sites. There's a possibility that that could get you kicked off the site.

I'd also agree that you don't need a lot of warnings about not pressuring or scamming you because they already know better. Just state your limits, and then don't let them pressure or scam you. You probably also don't need to give warnings about stuff that's customary - everyone knows that it's inappropriate to ask for personal information or request that you do a show before getting paid. On the other hand, things like anal, kink, fetish, humiliation, etc. are things some models do, and others don't, so stating that sort of limit makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.