AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Something That MFC Needs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsancho

V.I.P. AmberLander
Sep 13, 2010
Bay Area
So a few months back a very close friend of mine decided to take up camming, so being her best guy friend and once friends with benefits she invites to the site she goes to. I go to her room on the site, and my friend decided to make a mod her room, to basically ban every idiot that was either requesting without tipping or filling up the chat room with dumb shit like show ass bb, or stick something up ur ass bb. (sorry about the annoying cam grammar)

So today I go to the room I usually go to, and we have a token countdown for a public oil show, so of course like always 10 of us get the job done of reaching the token goal and then of course the room goes from 56 to 187 and bunch of dumbasses requesting for nothing. So I was wondering if you ladies would mind if MFC gave you the authority to give mod powers to one of your most trusted regulars to ban idiots while you are doing one of your public shows?

Oh how I wish MFC would give the power to 6 hour ban to prems of a models choice, just for her room of course. Then, they could track down the name later and give a 60 day if the wanted. Every model has a prem they trust enough to do this, I dont see why it cant be done.

I thought something like that would be a good feature, but after i thought some more about it, i realized it might just cause more problems then its worth. It would cause bickering among room regulars, guys would try too hard for this "position" as a form of power. If a girls biggest tipper requests this.......could lead to problems. Too many guys that tip big and try to control a room as it is.

So while it sounds like a useful idea, i think ultimately this would be abused of and lose the girls and mfc members.

If anything there should be a feature to kick out guests and basics after a countdown. MFC can pretend to be in denial about public shows going on...... but really you want to convert more guests and basics to prem members, then block them from seeing the better public shows for free. Like open group for prem members.

Alot more freeloaders on mfc then dick heads.

:naughty: bad idea

The models "pimp/protector" would sit there and ban everyone they don't like

God, I was in one room and said something about a model that I never would have thought twice about and her husband was apparently very pissed about it. It was freaking ridiculous. If he had that power everyone in the room would be getting tossed.

It's not a bad idea, but there would have to be a very clear understanding between the model and her moderator what is and isn't acceptable, and it would depend on how busy a room is and what kind of show the model does. If a model is at her keyboard and types in chat a lot, there is no reason for it. If a model is cool with dealing with trouble-makers, then there isn't any reason for it, either.

One model I know has a busy room and she's not averse to showing in free. She gets a lot of asshats and they really mess with her mood sometimes. She doesn't stay at her keyboard a lot, and having to deal with them puts a big crimp in her style. Often she'll just turn off her webcam for a while to get away from it, and that doesn't make her any fans or money. In a case like hers, this could work.

i know i could use one from time to time, i dont mind doing shows in free and in the past i have done shows on the road where i couldnt do anything about the assfucks till i stopped (at these times on a netbook the ban button is just out of reach anyways)

before my few months off there would be times i just closed my cam and typed into my room until it cleared out...

these days i dont seem to attract the assfucks... dunno if its because i am still rebuilding after the few months or if everyone finally just got used to me lol

There would have to be restrictions on it. The model would have to pick a member who could keep a level head when attacked. The rules and guidelines would have to be very clear between the model and prem with the given power.

I've heard this discussion a lot of times and some of you are right in that some members would abuse this feature. Maybe allowing models to appoint moderators, but only giving those mods power to issue a temporary ban (say, 1 hour) and then giving the model the option to extend the ban to 6 hours, 60 days or cancel the ban within that 1 hour period would be a good alternative.

NinjaPerv said:
I thought something like that would be a good feature, but after i thought some more about it, i realized it might just cause more problems then its worth. It would cause bickering among room regulars, guys would try too hard for this "position" as a form of power. If a girls biggest tipper requests this.......could lead to problems. Too many guys that tip big and try to control a room as it is.
Thinking about it more, I think this would be the strongest argument against adding this functionality, as well. An overly protective SO could also be a problem. Rock meet hard place. In a perfect world, this could work, but in a perfect world, it wouldn't be necessary.

Keithy said:
God, I was in one room and said something about a model that I never would have thought twice about and her husband was apparently very pissed about it. It was freaking ridiculous. If he had that power everyone in the room would be getting tossed.

I've seen plenty of girls work with some one else in the room to type for them ban etc. So really it isn't anything new there about a bf or husband "banning" someone.

I asked a model once if she ever thought of getting a professional make over (The topic of conversation was make-up) and her husband chimed in "SHE DOESN'T NEED ONE!"

I said "I wasn't asking YOU dood" then promptly left her room never to return.

The technical aspect of having a second moderator might be an issue as well in regards to limiting what a second computer operator has access too.

I've thought of this before actually. I've ran a lot of chat rooms in my life, and moderated even more; some of which had over a thousand people in them.

When you have 500+ people, one moderator is -never- enough.

If a model fucks up picking out her moderator, then that is her fault and will reflect on her. It is her job to make her room a fun place. I think that this should be a locked ability that opens only under the model's request, after she agrees to some things on MFC just for legal reasons of course.

A good moderator is easy to see, just as a bad one. I'm sure most of the models on this forum would be able to pick out a good one.

I think it'd be great to give models the option to choose a mod for her room. But I think it should be just as easy to "un-mod" someone who's not doing a good of enough job, or letting the responsibility go to his head. Like you can click someones name and select "make mod" and you can click it again to un-mod him. That way you can easily even switch up who mods every nite.

I, too, have moderated many a chat room in an IRC environment and have been deemed a Nazi Op on more than one occassion. It is a responsibility that leads itself easily to being punished and even when not abused, there is always the extra drama that can arise with the questioning of legitimate use of the moderation.

Borrowing a concept from IRC in reverse (+v or voices), I could also see a moderator only having a silence feature. This would allow the moderator to stem any chatting from said individual (most likely cause of the need for moderation) but not block them from seeing the chat or the cam. To truely make this feature complete, the silence effect would last 24 hours in that model's room and for the duration of the silence, the silenced individuals' names would appear on a list visible by the model who could then unsilence or ban if she so chooses.

Hilights to this method:
  • Allows moderation to happen quickly
  • Restricts stength of moderation
  • Model can review moderation all at once between shows

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a great workaround to the drama over who is chosen as moderator. Should there be only one or could there be multiple? Would there then be profiles with "2000 tokens to become a mod in my room" or even begging over it? *shrug*

I also think of it in terms of IRC mods.

Though, as to how many, couldn't they write in so that the number of mods allowed is determined by the number of people in the room? Say, for every 75 people, another mod is allowed. Mods would be unchosen automatically in the same order they were allowed to begin with.

DEFINITELY like the idea of the mods only being able to silence the members, with the model deciding on ban or not later. Also, the silence would not eliminate the pm interaction, if the user happens to be a prem who wishes to request about a tip.

Would be good if the model herself had the same option... with also the option to silence all and then select who gets un-silenced.

I have always wanted to be able to use the friend's filter for something. Like, allowing only models who are on my friend's list in my room. Or allowing those basics who have actually made it to my friend's list to talk when all others are silenced.

IDEA- bots in the room. Like "LadyLunaBot". The model sets specific bans. Like, if the person says the phrase ___, they get banned. But anyone added to the model's friends list is automatically excluded from being banned by the bot.

Maybe that's too complicated... but damn it would be great if that happened. "look like John Lennon" would be insta-ban in my room :p

SpexyAshleigh said:
I think it'd be great to give models the option to choose a mod for her room. But I think it should be just as easy to "un-mod" someone who's not doing a good of enough job, or letting the responsibility go to his head. Like you can click someones name and select "make mod" and you can click it again to un-mod him. That way you can easily even switch up who mods every nite.
:clap: thats is fucking genius!

LadyLuna said:
Though, as to how many, couldn't they write in so that the number of mods allowed is determined by the number of people in the room? Say, for every 75 people, another mod is allowed. Mods would be unchosen automatically in the same order they were allowed to begin with.

I considered this though when I was considering it, I thought about some kind of system where the model can set a list of potential moderators so that it is more automated but then is the question of how if 5 people who are deemed "moderator worthy" are in a room that only qualifies for 3 moderators would it select? Random? Some sort of hierarchy designating priority?

Why do I feel it should be fairly automated, some might ask? Well that's simple. To not replace the tediousness of moderating the whole channel with the tediousness of administrating the moderators.

I think the model should set her top priorities, and then the rest of them can be random.

I really like the irc method of different types of mods, allowing for varying levels of authority.

LadyLuna said:
I think the model should set her top priorities, and then the rest of them can be random.

I really like the irc method of different types of mods, allowing for varying levels of authority.
Well, the ideal moderators would be people whom the model trusts and who have her best interests at heart. They would also respect her choice of current moderator, no matter what she bases her decision on.

If you frequent a room for long enough, you can already see who'd get the power if it were given. I'm not sure of it but I might even get it in one or two rooms, its really all about the relationship you have with the model.

I could get into the temp mod thing. This would be especially beneficial when the model is doing an oil or shower show and doesn't want to touch the pc.

One of my fav games is when the model asks the premiums to vote on who should be banned next. It's great when there are several fucktards acting up.

I tipped a model once to ban an asshole guest as a joke.

Mikeythegeek said:
I've heard this discussion a lot of times and some of you are right in that some members would abuse this feature. Maybe allowing models to appoint moderators, but only giving those mods power to issue a temporary ban (say, 1 hour) and then giving the model the option to extend the ban to 6 hours, 60 days or cancel the ban within that 1 hour period would be a good alternative.
THIS.
members could no be trusted with the full banhammer.

Okay, hold it up--dumb question.
I've seen premiums ban members for girls, I think? So...can't it already happen? Or do some bigger girls just already have mods?
(I kind of glazed over the replies, if this has been answered and I missed it, my bad.)

SidneyScarlet said:
Okay, hold it up--dumb question.
I've seen premiums ban members for girls, I think? So...can't it already happen? Or do some bigger girls just already have mods?
(I kind of glazed over the replies, if this has been answered and I missed it, my bad.)

Premiums often let the girls know who needs banning, but they aren't banning them themselves.

I think that if a model could give mod powers to a premium, that the unspoken rules would be as follows:

No one knows who the model picked as the mod
The mod does not say when he/she has banned someone, it just happens
The mod has a strict set of criteria that the model gives him/her to judge the types of people that she usually bans
The mod understands that his position could be canceled at any time and isn't the type who would throw a fit and get his/her feelings hurt because of it

AshaSnow said:
I think that if a model could give mod powers to a premium, that the unspoken rules would be as follows:

No one knows who the model picked as the mod
The mod does not say when he/she has banned someone, it just happens
The mod has a strict set of criteria that the model gives him/her to judge the types of people that she usually bans
The mod understands that his position could be canceled at any time and isn't the type who would throw a fit and get his/her feelings hurt because of it

Wholeheartedly agreed on all points, except I think these rules should be "spoken".

At first glance, I like the idea you brought up. Especially because when the room fills up and really needs someone to start banning obnoxious members the model is usually busy... or preoccupied... PLAYING.... whatever you wanna call it... that's why her room is filling up! ;)

For myself though, I wouldn't use the feature of assigning mods to my room. I feel like it could cause more drama between the boys. Or even between the models and the boys. I like to keep things simple and when I ban someone, they are gone, no questions, no arguments. Although I rarely use the ban button anyways.

But for the girls who find themselves banning a lot, sure why not have the ability to assign mods. If it causes more difficulties in the room then you would just stop letting the members mod for you.

To each their own, it's not for me though :)

Kayla

all of this discussion has given me an idea, all they need to do is make it so the model can place a password to enter her room. when the model is about to start the show, she turns the password on, and no new people can enter the room unless they know the password, it is not a hard feature to add, the only problem is the people who feel butthurt cause they don't know the password.. but they can go to the lounge and watch until the model drops the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.