AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sony, the PS$ and game recording...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2011
So, Sony announced at TGS that they would be removing the HDCP on video game footage through the HDMI output, a problem the PS3 currently has. This means that all the streams going through the PS3 have copy protection on them, so you cannot record gameplay footage from the HDMI without stripping the HDCP from the stream (technically not allowed under the DMCA).

But, the PS4 will remove this restriction, allowing 1080p footage of games to be recorded. Yay, right? Wrong. Sony, in their infinite wisdom, didn't think about this before production began on the units. So, HDCP is still going to be enabled on the PS4 for games, as well. At least until a firmware update comes out.

Fairly boneheaded when we consider that there are no analog outputs on the PS4... :woops:

:woops: as I notice after I can no lnger edit that I forgot to take my finger off shift hen I hit 4 in the title... *shoots self*

Status
Not open for further replies.