AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Staging How to?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone kind of does their own thing really. A general rule of thumb is to keep things clean looking, but even that isn't something everyone does *shamefully looks at my bookcase*.
I would think about yourself and what kind of vibe you want in your room. I used to cam in front of my bookcases because I like reading and wanted to have a book-nerd vibe going on. It was messy looking though, and in hindsight I think it kind of detracted from things because there was just too much stuff to look at. Right now I cam from my bed with a bare wall behind me. It's extremely simple, but it works for the site I'm on (SM) since I'm not there to entertain like on MFC like I used to.
Some people hang up paddles and riding crops on the wall, or have a shelf with their toys. A lot of people have lights or tapestries. Some people will use blank wall space to put up decorations and things related some theme or goal that month. In my opinion the simpler the better so the main focus stays on you. Not boring by any means; interesting stuff in the background can make for good conversation starters, just don't have so much going on that you get lost in the mix. At least those are the kinds of rooms I like looking at. Check out other rooms for ideas, but don't get too hung up on it. It can always be changed.

Thank you! I will def do that! I need to clean up my area as it is cluttered currently. I will def start thinking of the vibe I want to give!!!

Everyone kind of does their own thing really. A general rule of thumb is to keep things clean looking, but even that isn't something everyone does *shamefully looks at my bookcase*.
I would think about yourself and what kind of vibe you want in your room. I used to cam in front of my bookcases because I like reading and wanted to have a book-nerd vibe going on. It was messy looking though, and in hindsight I think it kind of detracted from things because there was just too much stuff to look at. Right now I cam from my bed with a bare wall behind me. It's extremely simple, but it works for the site I'm on (SM) since I'm not there to entertain like on MFC like I used to.
Some people hang up paddles and riding crops on the wall, or have a shelf with their toys. A lot of people have lights or tapestries. Some people will use blank wall space to put up decorations and things related some theme or goal that month. In my opinion the simpler the better so the main focus stays on you. Not boring by any means; interesting stuff in the background can make for good conversation starters, just don't have so much going on that you get lost in the mix. At least those are the kinds of rooms I like looking at. Check out other rooms for ideas, but don't get too hung up on it. It can always be changed.

My background is my bedroom door and the surrounding wall. Nothing on it. Usually you can see my dresser, which has a bunch of witchy shit on it, because that's where I have room for it.

You can honestly have a lot of fun with it! Everyone is different. I've invested in a ring light - it's helped tremendously. Also, decorating my background to match my outfit. If I'm going for something really cute I will add a lot of pink, heart pillows etc. In my old apartment I found a way to drape a curtain in the middle of my room which helped with setting up a nice little location for me to be cute in. Definitely use it as an extension of yourself

One weird thing I've noticed when I cam from the couch is that because it's a red couch with a white wall behind it, the color contrast makes it so hard to get the lights and gain right on me and I keep getting washed out or white balancing to like, green. So I'm starting to see why there's so many paler/neutralish/white backgrounds out there, that shit is hard to light otherwise. I'm going to start with throwing a white blanket on the couch today at least?

One weird thing I've noticed when I cam from the couch is that because it's a red couch with a white wall behind it, the color contrast makes it so hard to get the lights and gain right on me and I keep getting washed out or white balancing to like, green. So I'm starting to see why there's so many paler/neutralish/white backgrounds out there, that shit is hard to light otherwise. I'm going to start with throwing a white blanket on the couch today at least?

Red is hard as hell to balance well! I'm always struggling to get my hair to show up well.

• Helpful!
Reactions: xoxAprilJames
PHew glad it's not just me! Sucks that it's your hair tho, that's not something you can throw a blanket over

The best I can do is wear a green beanie, having something directly opposite on the color wheel helps. Suddenly the contrast can figure itself out.

• Helpful!
When I switched from a black office chair to a white one, it made all the difference for me! I like wearing black or grey on cam a lot, and I blended right into my chair. Now that there is more contrast, it's so much easier to get my settings right. My background is also very neutral (most of it is shown in my display pic).

So I am reading a lot about the importance of staging your background. I have never really done this in the past when I have tried camming. Does anyone have any tips and tricks on what makes for a good background? What kinds of things do you enjoy using to add to the ambiance?

I have transitioned to WHITE everything! Couch, pillows, leather cubes, white walls, I'm even going to be getting white curtains. I use my remote controlled lights to add a variety of color. I use to blend in with a brown headboard and a black couch. Now everything is White and it keeps it simple, clean, easy to tidy up, wear whatever color clothing I want. It's honestly simplified everything so much! I can't recommend it enough.

I still use my O-Ring Light to make sure there is enough light so the colors don't wash my face and skin out. Practice, trial, practice, trial. It's worth all of the effort.

Lighting is your best friend.

When I switched from a black office chair to a white one, it made all the difference for me! I like wearing black or grey on cam a lot, and I blended right into my chair. Now that there is more contrast, it's so much easier to get my settings right. My background is also very neutral (most of it is shown in my display pic).

I have a black faux leather chair that my cats have clawed up so I have to keep the back covered at all times. I have a light purple t-shirt that I got hair dye on the front of, I just put it on the chair and now it serves a purpose and doesn't have to be thrown away. In the winter, I have a light gray fleece blanket that I put on the whole thing so it's not freezing cold to sit on.

So I am reading a lot about the importance of staging your background. I have never really done this in the past when I have tried camming. Does anyone have any tips and tricks on what makes for a good background? What kinds of things do you enjoy using to add to the ambiance?
Tbh, it all depends on you and on where you are going to cam. For example, I cam in my walk in closet lol! I have added a divider in my background to cover the clothes, threw some pillows on the ground and a blanket and voila! Cam area haha! I think the biggest thing is for you to be comfortable. If you are comfy the streaming will flow and your audience will respond to your mood :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Tbh, it all depends on you and on where you are going to cam. For example, I cam in my walk in closet lol! I have added a divider in my background to cover the clothes, threw some pillows on the ground and a blanket and voila! Cam area haha! I think the biggest thing is for you to be comfortable. If you are comfy the streaming will flow and your audience will respond to your mood :)

That is awesome! I Never thought to do something like that! I am moving soon, so I will have a whole room dedicated to camming hopefully if all goes well and works out! I am soaking in the advice and will totally have fun with this!

Reactions: FoxyDame
i was really into using a clean white wall with a fuzzy rug on the floor, but i've also used gold party decorations behind me, and i've cammed on my messy bed with bad lighting. the other day when i did that (bed + bad lighting) i did better than some times i've used a clean white wall and nice LED lights.

i think the key, for me at least, is comfort. maybe you'll look best with one background, but if you feel uncomfortable it'll show.

that's my psychological answer :p

youtube has a lot of great tutorials for setting up a studio space for videos (mainly aimed at making youtube videos but a lot of it can be carried over, including guides on how to light your setup) A well designed room can let people know a lot about your interest and give them things they use as talking points. Depending on how you want to run your room can also effect how you set it up. The background in my avi tends to be the background I use when I am on cam but the lights I have on soften the colors out a fair amount, with out that light the walls are white and I found the light adds a lot of character to the room, the goal for me was to make the thumbnail image displayed on the homepage look more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.