AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Star Trek: The Next Generation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyraNorth

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 13, 2012
Well, it has finally happened: I just finished watching the very last episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I feel the need to give it some kind of dramatic farewell, because that series was just so, so awesome. It's like when you finish a really great book, and it's grand to reach the conclusion, yet tragic that it is over :violin: :lol:

I have always run in some pretty nerdy circles so while I have HEARD about Star Trek, this was my very first actual exposure. I have totally fallen in love and will probably watch the other series and the films and such... but as of right now I simply can't imagine ever loving it so much without Captain Picard. And Data. And everyone, but especially those two. And there are just so many things I love about that series. I could go on and on lol.

Anybody else have some NG love?

If you could live in that universe, what would you want to do? I'm pretty sure I would want to be a science officer, definitely on board the Enterprise. Also [spoiler at the end of this sentence], if I met the Traveler, I would hope to be able to go with him to explore beyond our understanding of reality like Wesley Crusher got to do.

If you start DS9, stick through the first two seasons. They aren't the best, but after that, it turns to gold. Just don't expect the same structure as TNG, or any of the others, for that matter. I stopped Voyager. Just couldn't get into it. Maybe it was because I had just watched TNG and DS9, I don't know. But I started the original series and I've fallen for it's camp. Probably start back on it after this last episode of True Blood I have to watch.

But yea, good stuff.

Love STNG! One of the great things about the series is it actually comes to a very satisfying conclusion. So many great TV series you sit through for years and then have a clusterfuck last episode that really leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but Next Gen got it so right! Wrapped the series, showed the past, present, and possible future of all the character. Developed the characters and finished a story arc started in the very first episode. I wish so many other series had bowed out so graciously!

lordmagellan said:
If you start DS9, stick through the first two seasons. They aren't the best, but after that, it turns to gold. Just don't expect the same structure as TNG, or any of the others, for that matter. I stopped Voyager. Just couldn't get into it. Maybe it was because I had just watched TNG and DS9, I don't know. But I started the original series and I've fallen for it's camp. Probably start back on it after this last episode of True Blood I have to watch.

But yea, good stuff.
That exactly. Loved DS9 after watching the first couple seasons (IN ORDER) and couldn't make it through Voyager. HATED Janeway. And Chakotay. Also loved TNG. Data and Picard are amazing. But Worf and O'Brien are best in DS9. I like the episodes where they torture O'Brien. Poor guy.

And yeah, TOS is great just for how revolutionary it was for the time. It seems so dated now but at the time it was light-years ahead of itself.

I like TNG quite a bit and my wife loves it so much I bought her the DVD set. I liked Voyager even more personally but both are good. Never was able to get into DS9. The original series is OK but it was pretty cheesy even when I was a kid in the early 70s and I never got past some of that.
:-D

What's cool is how people like different ones as their favorites. Pretty successful franchise when that happens.
:thumbleft:

If I could live in that universe I'd be a Q! So much power!!! :evil4:
VeronicaChaos said:
lordmagellan said:

But yea, good stuff.
That exactly. Loved DS9 after watching the first couple seasons (IN ORDER) and couldn't make it through Voyager. HATED Janeway. And Chakotay. Also loved TNG. Data and Picard are amazing. But Worf and O'Brien are best in DS9. I like the episodes where they torture O'Brien. Poor guy.

And yeah, TOS is great just for how revolutionary it was for the time. It seems so dated now but at the time it was light-years ahead of itself.
I'll 3rd that DS9 was the shit! Sisko is my all time favorite Star Trek character. :thumbleft:

I will go to my grave saying DS9 was the best of the Trek series. I was huge fan of the TOS, TNG, the movies and the books and did not care for DS9 in the beginning but once the Dominion story line started and going back and binge watching from the beginning, it definitely had the best stories and over arching story lines of any of the Treks.

Single best written and acted scene from any Trek episode:

My Dad is a huge fan of TOS, I always kind of like TNG simply for the bald guy(yes this is what I am calling him) do I get booed and hissed for saying I love the new movies and they made me appreciate TOS more? A lot of TNG episodes are just as quitchy as TOS, I think you guys are just more romantic about it, but only Enterprise was still on really by the time I was watching. Never really got into that.

I'm a TOS and DS9 guy. I agree with you guys that Voyager pretty much sucked. Kept trying to like it and really just couldn't. For some reason I've never been able to put my finger on I didn't watch Next Generation. I've seen an episode here and there after the first run and loved them. So it doesn't make sense that I didn't watch. I've done everything else Star Trek, including the Next Generation movies. So Next Generation is definitely on my list of things to do. And I think I'll use this thread as motivation to get it done.

pg240 said:
I'm a TOS and DS9 guy. I agree with you guys that Voyager pretty much sucked. Kept trying to like it and really just couldn't. For some reason I've never been able to put my finger on I didn't watch Next Generation. I've seen an episode here and there after the first run and loved them. So it doesn't make sense that I didn't watch. I've done everything else Star Trek, including the Next Generation movies. So Next Generation is definitely on my list of things to do. And I think I'll use this thread as motivation to get it done.

I watched the original as a kid and it and the real space programs inspired me to study math and science. To me STNG was by far the best of any of Star Treks, best acting, most interesting plots, most plausible technology. I never got into DS9 and only watched about 1/2 the episodes. Voyager was only good because there wasn't much competition for Sci Fi at the time. If BattleStar Galactica had been around in the mid 1990 I am sure it would have trounced Voyager.

I grew up on TNG. Quite literally, it was a major part of my childhood, as it was something I shared with my father and my grandfather, and it used to be a Big Deal to watch it with them on Sunday afternoons.

DS9, though. Man. Like has already been mentioned, once you gave the actors a couple seasons to figure out what the hell they were doing, that show really took off. Especially Avery Brooks, he's just phenominal. DS9 had several very, very powerful episodes, mostly thanks to his acting - "The Visitor" still makes me cry, and episodes like "Far Beyond The Stars" really did an excellent job of exploring our own humanity. I could gush about DS9 for quite some time :3

TOS has a place in my heart for being the progenitor of all the rest, and while it was very badass for it's time, it didn't age all that well. Voyager... well, when I was a child, it was awesome. Going back and watching it now though, it's not nearly as great as I remembered it to be.

Never watched Enterprise - I was very, VERY nerdy back then, and I raaaaaaaaaaged at the very premise of that show.

Sidapete said:
I could gush about DS9 for quite some time :3
Same.

One of the reasons I really love DS9 is I feel it best conveys the philosophy of Gene Roddenberry. What I really love about Star Trek is the hopefulness of us all working together at some point, once humanity as evolved past where it is now. And DS9, at it's core, is about all these aliens that used to be enemies all FINALLY getting their act together once they needed to. Oh man, and what they did with Gul Dukat. And Odo and the Founders. Just...mindblowingly inspirational. I really do love to see the best in humanity. The potential of mankind. Of alienkind. Of the universe!

Also, I love how bad-ass Sisko is. As demonstrated in "Devil in the Pale Moonlight" he will do ANYTHING to do the right thing. Really brings up some amazing questions about morality.

The only problem with DS9 is that not enough people have seen it and to really discuss why it's so amazing would spoil it all.

Let's just put it this way: if you haven't met the Founders yet, you have no idea what you're missing. ;)

VeronicaChaos said:
Awesome things

...you have a really sexy brain.

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
I have to agree with many of the people in this thread. TNG was awesome, but DS9 is (IMHO) where Trek really came into its own. My favorite point in the series was when Dr. Bashir went from being "clueless rookie doctor" to "actual chief medical officer with a backbone" when Kira tried to brush off his orders to get some rest, and he simply replied: "Major, you're relieved of duty." The O'Brien/Bashir friendship angle was also a source of many good moments. Pity they had to ruin the Bashir character near the end of the series by revealing that unnecessarily-added backstory.

I'm a big fan of all things Star Trek, but the original series usually puts me to sleep.

Attachments

• 1379173678596.gif
    1379173678596.gif
    479.1 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: MyraNorth
Status
Not open for further replies.