AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Starlink Roaming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is thinking of going touring in Europe and was looking into straming while she is away. Has anyone tried using Starlink Roam to stream on CB and if so, what was the stream quality like?

The stated upstream speeds for Starlink Roam are limited, to it would be good to get comfirmation that it is auick enough before she spends out on expensive equipment and subscriptions.

Thanks,

Scouse

Have you looked into just getting a European mobile plan / Sim Card / internet subscription for the duration of the tour? They are not that expensive (there's prepay options too), and no extra roaming costs within the EU.

with a simple google search starlink is probably the best satellite internet option at this current time. they have pretty high upload speeds for satellite internet at 2-10mbps. depending on her current signal at the time of streaming she might not be able to stream in HD.

I would look into getting a pre-pay sim card from whichever country. Where I am for example 50gb of data is only 5 euros (it's a package you buy with credit that lasts 30 days) and the 4g/5g speeds are more than enough for a basic 1080/30 stream, then it tends to go up 1gb per extra euro.

As long as you are in a city then that shouldnt be an option, if your out in the middle of no where then coverage might become an issue.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought prepay sim myself, but I think she's planning onvisitng remote areas, mountains, lakes that kind of thing so mobile plans possibly won't have coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.