AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Steam sale!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BJ just obliterated his wishlist on steam. Looks like our house will be the guys' night hot spot from now on. Eh, so long as they play baby pass along with the baby in the sling while they play and I nap, I give no fucks.

Heck, maybe he bought something I'll be interested in this time. :)

KayleePond said:
I feel like I let you guys down because it was revealed on reddit a few days ago that it was going to start yesterday and I didn't tell you. I'm sorryyyyyy!! :crybaby: :crybaby:

I think it's actually a part of their strategy to spring it on us, but I'm not sure if I like it or not. The anticipation and surprise is sort of fun, I'm still curious to see what other things will be on the flash sales!
Hah SPRING it on us!

I saw you on Steam the other day for like the first time in (I think) over 120 days lol, now I know why :lol:

Reactions: KayleePond
KayleePond said:
Guess what guys, it's the Summer Steam Sale! Fuck yeeeeah!

http://store.steampowered.com/

Started yesterday and will go on until the 22nd.

Bioshock Infinite is $30 right now but I think only for a little longer (Looks like there's a timer for about 45 minutes)! I got it last night and am VERY excited! :dance:

I'm dying to get the new Tomb Raider which is only $25 right now and Scribblenauts Unlimited but I'm trying to hold myself back! What games are you guys excited about?

Go forth Steam fans and enjoy! ^.^

If you didn't get Tomb Raider yet it's on today's sale.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 7_13_2013 , 2_13_14 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 7_13_2013 , 2_13_14 PM.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: KayleePond
For the next 7 hours, both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are $2.50 each, or 5 bucks each with all the DLC. For over a hundred hours of entertainment per game, you can't do much better than that.

Portal 2 is also $5, or $6.24 when bundled with the first Portal.

Attachments

• vegas.png
    vegas.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 233
  • f3.png
    f3.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: Rose and Gen
Jupiter551 said:
KayleePond said:
I feel like I let you guys down because it was revealed on reddit a few days ago that it was going to start yesterday and I didn't tell you. I'm sorryyyyyy!! :crybaby: :crybaby:

I think it's actually a part of their strategy to spring it on us, but I'm not sure if I like it or not. The anticipation and surprise is sort of fun, I'm still curious to see what other things will be on the flash sales!
Hah SPRING it on us!

I saw you on Steam the other day for like the first time in (I think) over 120 days lol, now I know why :lol:

LOL it's because I'm such a fucking cheapskate! I'm really excited about the new games I picked up (Tomb Raider for $12.50 is one of them) and you will likely see me on Steam more often! I already finished Bioshock Infinite, which actually makes me a little sad but it was definitely a great game.

I play most games on my consoles but I adore Steam and hope to play there more due to the awesome social aspect. I have done a lot more gaming on my personal account but have essentially abandoned it now, no need to spread out my games. I'm hoping to get some multiplayer going with some MFC friends at some point soonish! :dance:

I've hit the 99 games mark. Although it's actually over that mark since some games are more than one in a single listing, like Doom BFG edition. I'll probably break 100 before the sale is over. :roll:

Attachments

• Screenshot - 7_18_2013 , 3_48_41 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 7_18_2013 , 3_48_41 PM.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot - 7_18_2013 , 3_48_55 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 7_18_2013 , 3_48_55 PM.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 209
I went a little crazy with this sale. I purchased Awesomenauts, BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Fable III, Fallout: New Vegas, FTL: Faster Than Light, GRID, Just Cause, Just Cause 2, Kerbal Space Program, Might & Magic Heroes VI, Mount & Blade, Mount & Blade: Warband, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword, Portal 2, Sid Meier's Civilization V, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Strike Suit Infinity, Strike Suit Zero, Torchlight II, Trine 2, Universe Sandbox, The Walking Dead (plus the 400 Days DLC), and Worms Revolution.

Steam says I have 94 games in my library so at least I'm not quite as crazy as some of you. :p

Also... if anyone happens to have a spare Reus trading card from the Summer Getaway Sale set they should definitely let me know. I have a couple duplicates of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare if anyone needs that one.

Reactions: Gen
I had zero money through the entire sale, and I'm actually kind of thankful for that. I've already got a dozen games on backlog. I don't think I need any more at this juncture. Maybe I'll have enough cash on hand to feel differently when the holiday sale rolls around.

August 1-4
Quakecon weekend. All ID titles 75% off.
or just buy them all at once.
all 45 titles for $89.99

Steam Autumn sale going on now.

Attachments

• bump6.jpg
    bump6.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot - 11_28_2013 , 5_01_19 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 11_28_2013 , 5_01_19 PM.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 167
Got both Witcher games for $8. I'm hoping there's a deeper cut for Dragon Age, and then I'll spend money I don't have on that, too.

...and now I have Dragon Age. Thanks, flash sale! I guess I'm lucky I accidentally slept through my alarm and missed class, or I wouldn't have been in on it.

So, it all ends tomorrow. People are wondering about an "encore" day, but I'm done giving Valve my money for the week. Here's my question:

The rumors are that the Winter Sale will begin in only two weeks, which seems absurd. I can understand having a sale now, to coincide with Black Friday and Cyber Monday and all that, but having a sale that extends through Christmas and New Year, during a time when people are at their peak of shopping fatigue and have no more money, not to mention the proximity to the last sale, that just seems like poor timing. I hope that if there is a Winter Sale, it happens in mid-January. At any rate, I'm done with game sales until 2014.

+1 for the Dragon Age
(along with XCOM Enemy Unknown - wasn't on sale still but what the hell)

if all these games don't keep me busy for a while (along with mfc on the side) I don't know what will.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone buy 'Early Access Games' on Steam?

I've always been leery of these. It seems like you're paying for a game that in some cases barely has one level completed, and that with glitches throughout if you read the reviews. There's no guarantee the game will ever get finished. You have no idea how long it will take.

It's just always seemed like a really bad and risky thing to be spending money on. Several of them, if they were completed, I'd kind of like to buy. They do look good in a few cases.

JerryBoBerry said:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone buy 'Early Access Games' on Steam?

I've always been leery of these. It seems like you're paying for a game that in some cases barely has one level completed, and that with glitches throughout if you read the reviews. There's no guarantee the game will ever get finished. You have no idea how long it will take.

It's just always seemed like a really bad and risky thing to be spending money on. Several of them, if they were completed, I'd kind of like to buy. They do look good in a few cases.

I figure it's like buying into a beta, and some people are into that. There are definitely those games that look fun and playable at this point. My brother plays Project Zomboid, and he really likes it. He's compared the update system to that of Minecraft, where it's playable when you come in, but the there are constant updates. It just seems to be a way for developers, indie developers especially, to get content out there while still working on the game. If the notion of having your game dynamics change while you play, I'd say skip the option and wait. I've got some beta games in my library, and I play Minecraft a lot, and I think I prefer to just wait for something "complete" to come out, especially if I'm paying for the content. But there are those who really get into early adoption, and this is a system for them.

zippypinhead said:
If the notion of having your game dynamics change while you play, I'd say skip the option and wait.

Oops. Left out "is not appealing."

Holiday Sale started today through January 3rd.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12_19_2013 , 11_16_08 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_19_2013 , 11_16_08 PM.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: KayleePond and Gen
First time ever i don't want to buy any games :eek:

Also, guys, if you want an advice: BUY THE BINDING OF ISAAC

I have 232 hours of it and only 3 achievements to platinum god. So worthy it. And its really cheap game, made by Edmund from Team Meat (Super Meat Boy)

My Steam if you guys want to add and play any co-op stuff

bawksy said:
Gween said:
Also, guys, if you want an advice: BUY THE BINDING OF ISAAC

It's currently on Steam sale for $1.24 for the original game and $0.74 for the DLC. $1.98 for the works ain't bad.
Wasn't sure about this one. But for that price I bought it, guess I can live with it either way.

I broke down and bought Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit in a flash sale. DAMN YOU STEAM! DAMN YOU, AND YOUR IRRESISTIBLE DEALS! I am pretty stoked to get Hot Pursuit, though. I suffer from a lack of good racers in my library.

Hahaha, I just noticed what they did on their graphic. It's winter at the top, but if you scroll all the way to the bottom it's upside down (down under) and summer for the southern hemisphere. Cute.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12_22_2013 , 1_54_28 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_22_2013 , 1_54_28 AM.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot - 12_22_2013 , 1_54_43 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_22_2013 , 1_54_43 AM.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Gen
I caved and bought Metal Gear Rising for $20.

I never thought I'd pay $20 to own a game I already have 2 copies of :mrgreen:

judger said:
Left4Dead 2 is free right now. I think until 1pm PST tomorrow (12/26).

Have to install it, but I think you can immediately uninstall it.

:eek: Thank you!!!! I just downloaded it. It's one of my favourite Xbox games and I'm stoked to play it with mods on here.

i'm suspicious lol
is it mine forever after install?
i'm looking around and I don't see any where that it's goign to force me to buy at a later time.

Crumb said:
i'm suspicious lol
is it mine forever after install?
i'm looking around and I don't see any where that it's goign to force me to buy at a later time.
Technically i didn't even have to install. As soon as i clicked on the free button it gave the message that it was now associated with my account and i could download anytime i wanted.

Once it's in your account you own it. It's just a Christmas gift, so I don't think it will make you pay later.

They gave away Portal for a while, and maybe Portal 2, they do it occasionally, it's not a trick it's just Valve proving that companies don't HAVE to be pricks :p

Reactions: Gen and KayleePond
Trust Valve, they're not tricksy like that, they're just awesome!

I'm so excited to have L4D2 for freeeee! :dance:

Reactions: Jupiter551
Status
Not open for further replies.