AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stick or auto?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive automatic since that's what I learned on! I'd like to learn stick because I think I'd enjoy it, but driving lessons are expensive and kind of a low priority since I can drive my auto just fine. Hopefully one day though!!

Auto, haven't driven a stick since I was a kid... and that was just while hauling hay in a field. I need to learn how to drive a manual properly sometime but, I don't even own a car right now...

Automatic

Many people who enjoy stick seem to like the control they have over the car, and say it's more fun. I really don't care. I just want to space out and drive the speed limit xD

I drive an automatic. I have tried to learn to drive stick a few times, but just can't seem to get the hang of it. I really want to master it though or at least be able to drive stick one day.

I like automatics because I'm lazy. Then I get sad once the transmissions dies. That problem occurs in manuals at a much lower rate. Hauling a trailer load with a manual can be scary, don't stall out on a hill!

Reactions: AriaRose
I'm fine with either. But currently it's auto.

stick- and I can drive,shift, smoke a cigarette (I hate it that I started smoking again), drink a coffee and break the speed limit by a lot and be totally in control. also I haven't owned a non european car in about 15 years so they either don't have cup holders or the ones they have are generally useless.

My secret super power is driving things- cars, motorcycles, boats, trucks, tractor trailers, skid steer- whatever

I learned on a manual first, and I'm of the opinion that doing so gives one a better sense of the beast. Automatics have progressed quite a lot in the last 30 years, and if it were not for the fact that the Autonomous car will soon sweep this question away I think everything would eventually have automatics.

Reactions: SophiaSophia
My secret super power is driving things- cars, motorcycles, boats, trucks, tractor trailers, skid steer- whatever

This is me as well. I did many years in the automotive industry, including diving for a couple of tow truck companies. I've driven cars, trucks, semis, military vehicles (sadly, no tanks), motorcycles, atv's, boats, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, farm equipment, etc. Automatics or manuals (including three on tree), doesn't make much difference to me. Just have to build up those muscles in the hip/leg when driving in rush hour traffic.

Reactions: SophiaSophia
Automatic, definitely. I had to make my license in manual, and on the exams (I get it done on the 5th time... says it all) I cried so much, almost wanted to give up and do only automatic, but cause I didn't have my own automatic car, so had to do manual, and I don't regret, but I don't like driving manual... on the every stop thinking like pls don't die on me :D Im just not that good with manual.

My old 4x4 truck is a stick with OD, current car has a CVT with paddle shifters which is fun on the S curves. Occasionally, I still drive 18 wheelers and can take off on a green light with a 13 gear transmission hauling an empty 53' trailer faster than most cars normally do and that's while double clutching without floating gears.

Manuals in stop & go traffic pretty much suck, but they are way cheaper to rebuild.

Stick/manual but I’m in the UK so that’s the norm. ☺️ Did 24 hours of lessons passed first time then looked at the car in the driveway for about a week too scared to drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.