AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

streamate / internetmodeling.com

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2011
I signed up with internetmodeling.com. They are an agent for streamate, right? Was that a mistake? Should I have gone straight to streamate or is it the same thing?
And I also just got approved on livejasmin- any thoughts on streamate vs livejasmin?
Have not done a first show yet- rather nervous.
thx for your help!

IM is ok, I signed up with them when I first wanted to try out camming. In my opinion it is much easier just to go straight through SM though. There is no reason to have a 3rd party when you can go straight to the source. All you have to do is email IM and tell them you changed your mind that to please delete your account, then sign up directly with SM. I have never worked on LJ so I am not sure about anything there.

I would ditch IM. They basically take an extra 15% (I think?), and I'm not sure what they do to "earn" that (ie: they don't really help you out along the way, as far as I know).

I *hated* LJ. Hate, hate, hate.

From what I've heard, Streamate is a lot better.

I'd sign up for Streamate and MFC. :)

I am currently trying to get out of my contract with internetmodeling.com. They take an extra 15% for better placement on the site and you are able to get paid your first check that next week. I would say it's a lot better to sign up directly through Streamate if you can still get out of it. You'll still have new model status, so you'll get promoted some anyways. Also, when I tried to get party chat my "Agent" couldn't get me signed up with it and I had to go through Vanessa (who works for Streamate) anyways.

That 15% may not seem like that much at the time.. but it is a whole lot of money for not much.

Also after you sign the agreement and upload it your account with them has to be inactive for a year before you can sign up directly with Streamate. Or so everyone keeps telling me..

ElaySmith said:
IM is ok, I signed up with them when I first wanted to try out camming. In my opinion it is much easier just to go straight through SM though. There is no reason to have a 3rd party when you can go straight to the source. All you have to do is email IM and tell them you changed your mind that to please delete your account, then sign up directly with SM. I have never worked on LJ so I am not sure about anything there.

Just curious Elay, had you already done the contract with IM when you were able to get out? I keep getting the run around from them. =/

I'm also with InternetModeling instead of Streamate directly. When I tried to switch to SM directly, that's when I was told about the 1-year contract. I was pissed and eventually just reopened my IM account.

Also, I was loving the weekly pay with IM, with no minimum required for payout. But now SM (SM directly) has the daily pay service, which would've been pretty sweet. *sigh*

Internet Modeling doesn't just work with Streamate, they also place models on other sites including their own. I've been with IM for a little over 3 months after working for LJ and MFC, and I have to say that my traffic and earnings have been consistently better since. Instead of being on one site at a time, I can stream to multiple sites at once without having to apply with each one directly. I also get paid weekly in one check.

Reactions: CaramelRush
I was with internet modeling...I never really logged on or worked but I still had my account there. When I wanted to sign up with SM directly they informed me I already had an account through IM. I emailed my recruiter of wtf ever they are called and told them I wanted to quit then went to SM and signed up.....nobody has ever said anything to me and I have been getting paid every week.

Reactions: CaramelRush
camangel69 said:
Internet Modeling doesn't just work with Streamate, they also place models on other sites including their own. I've been with IM for a little over 3 months after working for LJ and MFC, and I have to say that my traffic and earnings have been consistently better since. Instead of being on one site at a time, I can stream to multiple sites at once without having to apply with each one directly. I also get paid weekly in one check.

Mahaha, the 'multiple sites' at once is just all the Streamate affiliates.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
i despise LiveJasmin. i made $75 or so & i can't close my account or I lose the $75 i had made. i think minimum cash out is $100. there's also not that much traffic there, in my opinion.

TantricKungFu said:
I signed up with internetmodeling.com. They are an agent for streamate, right? Was that a mistake? Should I have gone straight to streamate or is it the same thing?
And I also just got approved on livejasmin- any thoughts on streamate vs livejasmin?
Have not done a first show yet- rather nervous.
thx for your help!

Yes, Internet Modeling is a Streamate studio, and camming with them will pay you 20% (instead of the 35% you'd get on Streamate directly). There is a contract that once you start camming with Internet Modeling, if you want to switch over to Streamate, you have to wait one full year from your last performance date on IM in order to work on SM. :( I was, however, able to get out of this and get put onto Streamate daily pay. I will send you a private message with some info.

By the way, one way to tell if it's a studio you're signing up for is if it's an ad that you found on SexyJobs.com or on Craigslist. Actual big-name cam sites like MyFreeCams and Streamate don't post ads on SexyJobs and Craigslist. If you see ads like that on those sites, it's usually a studio (an MFC studio or a SM studio), which you will want to avoid.

Live jasmin is SHIT. They pay so little, it's so hard to get any kind of traffic, and the people who are there are extremely lewd and just in it for a wank, there is no pretense of playing around or having fun at all. Horrible vibes, too many girls online, and awful pay.

Reactions: Autumn_LoL
I've got a friend who works on LJ virtually exclusively, and I've never understood it. She works from home, cams on streamate at the same time but really only pays attention to LJ. Dunno, must be something about it that works for her. She worked on MFC for a couple years so she's not brand new or anything.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Well my friend (minus several expletives and mean names that she just assures me is her Russian realism), says she gets 60% payout on LJ.

She also likes that she can talk as much shit to guys on there as she wants cos the ones who go pvt never type in public:

johnnykui (Member) : i give you my mail?
Sonia Heart : fuck urself with ur email

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
LushRogue said:
i despise LiveJasmin. i made $75 or so & i can't close my account or I lose the $75 i had made. i think minimum cash out is $100. there's also not that much traffic there, in my opinion.

If you email them and say that you want to cash out and close your account because you're no longer camming (it's a fib, but they'll never know), they have to cash you out. They can't just keep your money forever.

AllisonWilder said:
If you email them and say that you want to cash out and close your account because you're no longer camming (it's a fib, but they'll never know), they have to cash you out. They can't just keep your money forever.

I tried to do this a long time ago with a cam site I wanted to leave (Webcams.com?), and they told me that I HAVE to make enough for payout in order to get my money. That's the situation I'm in right now with Webcams.com. I don't cam on there anymore, and I want to close my account, but I'm like $8 away from the payout minimum.

So I guess I'm gonna have to log in there sometime and make a little bit more money. And I guess they've made some changes to the site, because now I see that if you wanna cam in HD on there, you have to download their HD Encoder. GRRR.

The_Brown_Fox said:
AllisonWilder said:

I tried to do this a long time ago with a cam site I wanted to leave (Webcams.com?), and they told me that I HAVE to make enough for payout in order to get my money. That's the situation I'm in right now with Webcams.com. I don't cam on there anymore, and I want to close my account, but I'm like $8 away from the payout minimum.

So I guess I'm gonna have to log in there sometime and make a little bit more money. And I guess they've made some changes to the site, because now I see that if you wanna cam in HD on there, you have to download their HD Encoder. GRRR.

I think that if you push the issue that they will pay you just to make you go away. Toss around legal action and whatnot if you have to because they can't legally keep the money if you say that you want to leave the site.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Jupiter551 said:
Well my friend (minus several expletives and mean names that she just assures me is her Russian realism), says she gets 60% payout on LJ.
Yes, it is possible. As ComicOzzie pointed out here
ComicOzzie said:
< $100 30%
$100 - $300 35%
$300 - $650 40%
$650 - $1500 45%
$1500 - $2500 50%
> $2500 60%
There are models who reach the 60%, but I think the vast majority stay between 35-40%. LJ applies the unrealistic $1 = 1€ rate though, keep the difference for them and then calculate the model payout.

Yes, Internet Modeling is a Streamate studio, and camming with them will pay you 20% (instead of the 35% you'd get on Streamate directly). There is a contract that once you start camming with Internet Modeling, if you want to switch over to Streamate, you have to wait one full year from your last performance date on IM in order to work on SM. :( I was, however, able to get out of this and get put onto Streamate daily pay. I will send you a private message with some info.

By the way, one way to tell if it's a studio you're signing up for is if it's an ad that you found on SexyJobs.com or on Craigslist. Actual big-name cam sites like MyFreeCams and Streamate don't post ads on SexyJobs and Craigslist. If you see ads like that on those sites, it's usually a studio (an MFC studio or a SM studio), which you will want to avoid.[/quote]

Can you send me a PM as well with the steps to take to leave InternetModeling and go directly through Streamate?

Yes, Internet Modeling is a Streamate studio, and camming with them will pay you 20% (instead of the 35% you'd get on Streamate directly). There is a contract that once you start camming with Internet Modeling, if you want to switch over to Streamate, you have to wait one full year from your last performance date on IM in order to work on SM. I was, however, able to get out of this and get put onto Streamate daily pay. I will send you a private message with some info.

By the way, one way to tell if it's a studio you're signing up for is if it's an ad that you found on SexyJobs.com or on Craigslist. Actual big-name cam sites like MyFreeCams and Streamate don't post ads on SexyJobs and Craigslist. If you see ads like that on those sites, it's usually a studio (an MFC studio or a SM studio), which you will want to avoid.[/quote]

Can you send me a PM as well with the steps to take to leave my studio and go directly through Streamate? Can I keep the same profile.

Internet Modeling pays 70% on WebcamModels.com, AmateurCams.com, SexClub.com, AdultVideos.com, etc.They have many other sites they work with besides Streamate.

camangel69 said:
Internet Modeling pays 70% on WebcamModels.com, AmateurCams.com, SexClub.com, AdultVideos.com, etc.They have many other sites they work with besides Streamate.

They work with many Streamate white-label sites pretending not to be Streamate. And that's 70% of what Streamate pays, not what the members pay, so a 24.5% payout, which is what models care about.

Sevrin said:
camangel69 said:

They work with many Streamate white-label sites pretending not to be Streamate. And that's 70% of what Streamate pays, not what the members pay, so a 24.5% payout, which is what models care about.

How is http://www.webcammodels.com a Streamate whitelabel? Do you see anything at all in common with these sites: WebcamModels.com, AmateurCams.com, SexClub.com, AdultVideos.com and http://www.streamate.com? Also the payout of 70% is mentioned right on the front page of WebcamModels.com, and Internet Modeling does not get any part of that, the 70% is net to the model. Please feel free to post any concrete proof if you find out otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.