AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stripchat lawsuit

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2022
Hello,
I worked 1 year on Stripchat. I stop cause stripchat stole more than $500 from my studio account claiming models and my documents are not valid, they let the models work and then blocked the account at the time of payment. Where can I file a complaint? I would like to sue them.
I have all the emails justifying the facts.

Hello,
I worked 1 year on Stripchat. I stop cause stripchat stole more than $500 from my studio account claiming models and my documents are not valid, they let the models work and then blocked the account at the time of payment. Where can I file a complaint? I would like to sue them.
I have all the emails justifying the facts.

Thank you for your message.

Please note, Stripchat does not steal anyones money but as per our guidelines, should your account be suspended for breaching any of our rules (which all models/studios agree upon registration), any funds on the accounts will be frozen for going against our regulations. Please note, we do not suspend models lightly without a thorough investigation and we only do so with evidence at hand.

In saying this, I am happy to look into this matter personally for you and try to obtain more information therefore, please contact me directly via email charlie@stripchat.com and i will try to assist in any way I can.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Upvote 1
Stripchat does not steal anyones money but as per our guidelines, should your account be suspended for breaching any of our rules (which all models/studios agree upon registration), any funds on the accounts will be frozen for going against our regulations. Please note, we do not suspend models lightly without a thorough investigation and we only do so with evidence at hand.

In saying this, I am happy to look into this matter personally for you and try to obtain more information therefore, please contact me directly via email charlie@stripchat.com and i will try to assist in any way I can.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Don't know what you're talking about, I know of multiple models that have received fraudulent tips from users, had no way of telling at the beginning of their private shows, afterwards out of fear of losing their account they've contacted support to advise them of suspiciously large tipper with a relatively new profile, only to have their accounts banned, the fraudulent tokens seized obviously, but not only have they lost those tokens but also by banning their account they've also lost their token balance as it were before they've accepted the private.

I can't see where in those circumstances you can consider the models to be at fault, they've done everything right, and it's the payment platforms lapse in security that allows for the tokens to be purchased in the first place. Models are also under the obligation to perform for tips they receive are they not? If they don't they'll also be in strife... such is the situation where they almost have to perform as per the tip, and they're made to do it for free if it turns out to be a fraudulent tipper who finds them attractive.

deducting the fraudulent tokens is one thing, but if also taking their legitimately earned tokens along with them by banning their account isn't stealing, then I don't know what is!!

So while you maybe here to tow the company line, I'm sorry but what I'm quoting and is highlighted in red that's a straight up lie.
If it weren't you'd pay them out the balance of everything they'd earnt and was not fraudulent, right up until you've decided to ban them, which if we can be real for a minute here, I'd say majority of the time it is more so to do with them being a liability than it is that Stripchat has any evidence that'd implicate them in having any involvement with the tipper / the fraud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't know what you're talking about, I know of multiple models that have received fraudulent tips from users, had no way of telling at the beginning of their private shows, afterwards out of fear of losing their account they've contacted support to advise them of suspiciously large tipper with a relatively new profile, only to have their accounts banned, the fraudulent tokens seized obviously, but not only have they lost those tokens but also by banning their account they've also lost their token balance as it were before they've accepted the private.

I can't see where in those circumstances you can consider the models to be at fault, they've done everything right, and it's the payment platforms lapse in security that allows for the tokens to be purchased in the first place. Models are also under the obligation to perform for tips they receive are they not? If they don't they'll also be in strife... such is the situation where they almost have to perform as per the tip, and they're made to do it for free if it turns out to be a fraudulent tipper who finds them attractive.

deducting the fraudulent tokens is one thing, but if also taking their legitimately earned tokens along with them by banning their account isn't stealing, then I don't know what is!!

So while you maybe here to tow the company line, I'm sorry but what I'm quoting and is highlighted in red that's a straight up lie.
If it weren't you'd pay them out the balance of everything they'd earnt and was not fraudulent, right up until you've decided to ban them, which if we can be real for a minute here, I'd say majority of the time it is more so to do with them being a liability than it is that Stripchat has any evidence that'd implicate them in having any involvement with the tipper / the fraud.
& while not all, but a lot of the girls are in some less than ideal situations to have had them consider becoming a cam girl in the first place. Surely you're not ignorant to the fact that girls may have once had a moral objection to the idea but have found themselves desperate and in need of the financial stability perhaps because their country has a lack of employment opportunities. e.g. there seems to be a heap of models that come from Kyrgyzstan or Columbia, which I'd doubt is as easy to find a decent paying job as what it is here in Australia. My point being the fact that these individuals haven't been dealt the best hand as they could have, for you to abandon them, steal, yes steal their legitimately earned income, and throw them to the curb because they're a liability due to your payment processor having a gaping big loophole in it, is pretty cold don't you think.

Not only that but all their public shows are recorded and will be hosted outside of your site, on sites like Recurbate.com which you'll also take no accountability for.

Upvote 0
^And every time y'all keep making threads and posts about that damn site, y'all are just sending even more eyeballs over there to watched these models' recorded videos. Some of y'all need to think before you post.

Upvote 0
^And every time y'all keep making threads and posts about that damn site, y'all are just sending even more eyeballs over there to watched these models' recorded videos. Some of y'all need to think before you post.

Sorry, wigsplittr. I was a little harsh with you in this post. Tbh I thought you were a guy who was just advertising that awful site to everyone. Lol. I read some of your other posts, and see that you're another model who got fucked over by Chaturbate (banned). Sorry to hear that.

Upvote 0

Thank you for your message.
You are entitled to your opinion and we respect your right to voice your thoughts.

I cannot comment on the ‘models’ you mentioned as I do not have the facts for all those cases therefore I cannot respond without reviewing each individual investigation.

Please note, we provide the rules to all models upfront upon registration therefore everyone is aware of what we consider to be violations and breaches.

As I mentioned earlier, we do not suspend models lightly without a thorough investigation and we only do so with evidence at hand.
We have a big department dedicated to this specific area and they do their job thoroughly and very well.

Please be advised, we do not gain by freezing these models tokens and losing them as good models.
We would rather our models conduct themselves honestly and within our guidelines in order to continue working successfully on our site which benefits everyone involved; the models, the users and the company.

Our consequences to fraudulent activities may appear harsh to you but our job is to protect our models and users who are doing the right thing.
For this reason, our priority will always be to keep these models and users safe and protected whilst using our site.

Upvote 0
Sorry, wigsplittr. I was a little harsh with you in this post. Tbh I thought you were a guy who was just advertising that awful site to everyone. Lol. I read some of your other posts, and see that you're another model who got fucked over by Chaturbate (banned). Sorry to hear that.
Yeah but they are venting in a STRIPCHAT thread (and being more than a tad confrontational to a SC representative) :facepalm:

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
Yeah but they are venting in a STRIPCHAT thread (and being more than a tad confrontational to a SC representative) :facepalm:

They're venting in a lot of SC threads, it seems, and being rude to my dear Charlie. 👎

Upvote 0

They're venting in a lot of SC threads, it seems, and being rude to my dear Charlie. 👎

Thanks for the support @Ozzie_ :blush:
@yummybrownfox :inlove:

I take no personal offence and I can certainly understand the anger felt by models who get suspended therefore they have a right to voice their sadness on open forums.

It actually gives me an opportunity to be upfront and provide factual information for those who do not understand our processes and why we do certain things.

We conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity but unfortunately in life, you cannot please everybody.
Therefore, we will continue to investigate thoroughly where required, and continue to protect our models and users as their welfare, privacy and safety will always be a priority to Stripchat!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the support @Ozzie_ :blush:
@yummybrownfox :inlove:

I take no personal offence and I can certainly understand the anger felt by models who get suspended therefore they have a right to voice their sadness on open forums.

It actually gives me an opportunity to be upfront and provide factual information for those who do not understand our processes and why we do certain things.

We conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity but unfortunately in life, you cannot please everybody.
Therefore, we will continue to investigate thoroughly where required, and continue to protect our models and users as their welfare, privacy and safety will always be a priority to Stripchat!
hey charlie we spoke a bit back about tax forms and i had to get a new ID be4 we fixed my account.... i have that new ID but can we readd it without freezing my account that was so stressful for me.... but my ID now matchesmy address

Upvote 0
any funds on the accounts will be frozen for going against our regulations

This is illegal under most labor laws in the industrial world. You can't cancel a labor 'debt' through contract in this manner. This debt would be for services ALREADY rendered so you could only cancel it if you can prove the services where NOT performed. You can 'freeze' or delay payment while you investigate the income but at some point if it's found that there's no criminal actions on that money you have a legal obligation to pay the person. At the same time any unfounded delay can have penalty and fees added by a court depending how long you stall like any other 'debt'.

I'm hoping you just wrote this here and it's not the actual verbiage in your terms.

Upvote 0
This is illegal under most labor laws in the industrial world. You can't cancel a labor 'debt' through contract in this manner. This debt would be for services ALREADY rendered so you could only cancel it if you can prove the services where NOT performed. You can 'freeze' or delay payment while you investigate the income but at some point if it's found that there's no criminal actions on that money you have a legal obligation to pay the person. At the same time any unfounded delay can have penalty and fees added by a court depending how long you stall like any other 'debt'.

I'm hoping you just wrote this here and it's not the actual verbiage in your terms.
no if you get banned they take all your tokens and dont give them to you.. all sites are like that not just strip

Upvote 0
So far it sounds like a studio got banned, and the drama is beginning to sound like a CB thread.
Back in the days when I worked in the payment industry, there was no way that a banned user on a forum wouldn't make you come out as the bully.
Sometimes it's a fraudulent 5 dollar contractor in Pakistan, and sometimes a pendejo with a studio in Cartagena.
I'm with Charlie on this one, you can't please everyone, not in business and not in life.

Upvote 0

The cam sites themselves don't owe the models any sort of "labor debt". You don't make hourly wages as an independent cam model and you are not a hired employee of the cam site you cam on. "Cancelling a labor debt through contract in this manner" would mean that there was a contract where the cam model was expected to do certain acts or work a certain amount of hours and the camsites would compensate them, probably at an hourly rate, for those hours/actions. However, that simply does not exist on any cam site. And I for one am happy that it doesn't. There's a reason why people were up in arms over AB 5. Being an independent contractor is much more beneficial to the majority of cam models, even if that means that you run the risk of getting banned and having your funds withheld.

In the end though, it's not illegal. That's like saying going against PayPal's TOS (like, by let's say, using it for digital only sexual services) and then having them freeze your account and withhold any funds in your account illegal.

I don't know why people keep on conflating not totally ideal situations with illegal situations.

Upvote 0
The cam sites themselves don't owe the models any sort of "labor debt". You don't make hourly wages as an independent cam model and you are not a hired employee of the cam site you cam on. "Cancelling a labor debt through contract in this manner" would mean that there was a contract where the cam model was expected to do certain acts or work a certain amount of hours and the camsites would compensate them, probably at an hourly rate, for those hours/actions. However, that simply does not exist on any cam site. And I for one am happy that it doesn't. There's a reason why people were up in arms over AB 5. Being an independent contractor is much more beneficial to the majority of cam models, even if that means that you run the risk of getting banned and having your funds withheld.

In the end though, it's not illegal. That's like saying going against PayPal's TOS (like, by let's say, using it for digital only sexual services) and then having them freeze your account and withhold any funds in your account illegal.

I don't know why people keep on conflating not totally ideal situations with illegal situations.

Where did I even talk about hourly wages? Debt is a debt regardless of if your an employee or a subcontractor. Stripchat can withhold tokens all they want but once they convert those tokens to FUNDS things change legally. Read what I quoted carefully. Once you owe funds, you have created a debt till those funds or payment have been transferred. Your reason for not resolving a debt can't be because you want to punish someone. And YES if a reason for withholding a payment is BS enough you can cross into the realm of theft which is a felony.

And YES people get their money back from paypal all the time but you'll have to sue for it. Usually paypal will cut a check rather than have their contract challenged in court because the burden of proof is on them which costs them money to prove. Paypal does this because few people will bother to take them to court. Same as when banks do the same thing. YES Paypal can stop you from using their services but they can't keep your money as income for themselves.

Contracts CAN and OFTEN are written illegally and it takes a court to find out if they can be enforced or not. Most companies will pay because they don't want to run the risk of a court invalidating a contract which then EVERYONE can sue them easier and add penalties.

Your reply assumes that a corporation has never operated using an illegal contract before. We have centuries of case law to the contrary. Most non-compete agreements for example are not written legally and not held up in courts, but businesses still use them often because most people will walk away rather than bring a legal case.

Also the reason I use labor is debt and credit rules come up under labor laws because the money that is 'frozen' is often later claimed by the company into free profits.

Don't ever be afraid of pursuing legal cases in situations of debt because decision usually go against the debtor. There are lawyers that will work for % of the recovery rather than a flat rate because it's so in favor of one side. In the US you can also go to your local state bar website to get legal help for things like this.

Upvote 0
This is illegal under most labor laws in the industrial world

NO its not illegal . If you steal from your employer , and if you do not respect the contractual clauses then the employer has the right to not pay you . Its stipulated in every work contract , ( factory , restaurants , bars , cleaning jobs .. everywhere ! ) Its the EU law . When you sign the contract it clearly states usually on the last page the fines and regulation and eventual punishments if you do not comply and respect with your work place . As long as you sign the contract then you have absolutely no right to say its illegal because when you sign a contract you are supposed to read it and sign it only if you are agree with all clauses . . The Lidl ( the big germany supermarket have even a more strict rule , you must pay an fee too if you break certain rules , thats beside losing your job and get no salary, and in some cases also to face legal action with imprisonement . )

Stripchat its an european company not an US one so they comply with the EU regulation! If you are an US performer and work for an European company you can not apply your laws from your contry in Europe , you must work and respect the regulations imposed by the company you work for. So as per European law as long as you signed a contract that cover all that clauses including not being paid in case you break the rules , then you must take it this way , because no decent honest legal here will battle the head with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NO its not illegal . If you steal from your employer , and if you do not respect the contractual clauses then the employer has the right to not pay you . Its stipulated in every work contract , ( factory , restaurants , bars , cleaning jobs .. everywhere ! ) Its the EU law . When you sign the contract it clearly states usually on the last page the fines and regulation and eventual punishments if you do not comply and respect with your work place . As long as you sign the contract then you have absolutely no right to say its illegal because when you sign a contract you are supposed to read it and sign it only if you are agree with all clauses . . The Lidl ( the big germany supermarket have even a more strict rule , you must pay an fee too if you break certain rules , thats beside losing your job and get no salary, and in some cases also to face legal action with imprisonement . )

Stripchat its an european company not an US one so they comply with the EU regulation! If you are an US performer and work for an European company you can not apply your laws from your contry in Europe , you must work and respect the regulations imposed by the company you work for. So as per European law as long as you signed a contract that cover all that clauses including not being paid in case you break the rules , then you must take it this way , because no decent honest legal here will battle the head with that.

Part 2 : and this rule goes backwards too . If a company agrees to pay an employer / contractor after breacking the contractual rules , then the company itself comes fraudulent by not respecting the contractual rules , and its made complice at fraudulent activities comited by the employer/contractor too.

So as long as Stripchat have solid proof for their decision . there is no case and no law suit that will make them pay. They simply do comply with the rules stipulated in the contract and not being part of fraudulent activities.

Upvote 0
So as long as Stripchat have solid proof for their decision . there is no case and no law suit that will make them pay. They simply do comply with the rules stipulated in the contract and not being part of fraudulent activities.

This is correct. As long as they have legal proof to back their decision. BUT only in court do they have to show and connect their proof.

This is not an endorsement of being stupid or ignoring TOS or COC rules or actively attempting to break them, but some companies can very much overstep their legal authority when they believe nobody will hold them liable. Paypal settling when legal action is threaten for an asset freeze is an example.

If the OP was part of a fraud conspiracy and Stripchat has proof of that then sure why wouldn't they keep the money, but we aren't given that information here. In the end and it's up to the OP if $500 is worth asking a court to get involved, which isn't always the case but depending on the venue it's heard out in, would matter a lot in the outcome.

I'm just pointing out there's a lot of legal hopelessness here and that contracts aren't always written 100% infallibly. Payments disputes are a universal issue not a 'sex worker' one. It never hurts to review any contract with a legal council and there can be affordable legal resources depending where you are.

Upvote 0
I'm just pointing out there's a lot of legal hopelessness here and that contracts aren't always written 100% infallibly. Payments disputes are a universal issue not a 'sex worker' one. It never hurts to review any contract with a legal council and there can be affordable legal resources depending where you are.
My contracts with the webcam sites has been evaluated and reviewed by the Swiss Kantonal work force , in order to get aproved to stay and work webcam work in Switzerland . And the contracts turned out perfectly legal and comply with the European Law and regulation for the independent contractors. I have been also explained that in case of fraud i am not covered and the state will not cover , but they will decide to prosecute me , because thats the legal outcome in Europe.

As you can saw in my post i specified other type of work , I worked for Lidl in Germany and the same rules had applyed. also i worked in restaurant and hotels as bartender for years and same rules has applyed.

but we aren't given that information here

also according to the European law of data protection and privacy Stripchat ( or any other company ) can not dislocure on an forum or any other place without an judge order , any private information regarding the identity or any other proof that get the contactor /employer banned . Doing without an judge order would lead Stripchat to be reponsable and punishble by law.

Upvote 0
In the end and it's up to the OP if $500 is worth asking a court to get involved, which isn't always the case but depending on the venue it's heard out in, would matter a lot in the outcome.

of course , if the OP whats to spend the money on a something like that , its its own bussiness , but leagally has no cover up.

Upvote 0
hey charlie we spoke a bit back about tax forms and i had to get a new ID be4 we fixed my account.... i have that new ID but can we readd it without freezing my account that was so stressful for me.... but my ID now matchesmy address

Hey @lolabunny9
I do remember you! 🤩

Glad you sorted this out which means we can proceed with everything you need to update.
Please contact me directly at charlie@stripchat.com with the relevant new documents and I can sort this out for you right away.

Reactions: lolabunny9
Upvote 0
📝

Thank you to all of you, for all the different perspectives and opinions.
We always appreciate all thoughts and comments, whether for or against.

As I see a lot of reference to contracts, I would like to reiterate;
1. We provide the site rules to all models upon registration therefore models are aware of all violations, including the consequences involved should those breaches occur.​
2. We certainly do not force anyone to sign these agreements should they disagree with our regulations - all information we provide is clear and transparent.​
3. Should/when violations occur, we do not suspend models lightly without a thorough investigation and we only do so with evidence at hand.​

📝

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry if I'm not a dick rider Ozzie. For what it's worth I've got no problem with Charlie_SC personally.

The fact is the models can't tell if the tipper has obtained their tokens legitimately or fraudulently.
It's doesn't take a genius to figure out that a better payment processor would prevent a lot of the fraudulent purchases of tokens. Which is ultimately stripchat's choice at the end of the day is it not?

Which would help prevent the likelihood of models performances being in vain by them having received tips for which they're expected at the time to perform for, later being taken away.

The only reason it's confrontational would be because it's true. Thus I don't know exactly what you're facepalming for, ya muppet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.