AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SWTOR - disappointing.......

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bored with it yet. I just quit wow to try it out, I got the collector's ed. I figured that if I didn't like it, I could sell the statue a few years down the road for a decent amount. So far I'm liking it, though a bit disappointed with the vip area in the main hub area that we got access to. I really expected a lot more from bioware in that department. Other than that, I have no real complaints.

Fun game for about a month. That's enough time to finish a story line and pretty much see the whole game world.

After that it gets old fast (or even sooner). It really is WoW with Light Sabers but with less content and less polish.

Honestly, with MMO's polish comes with time. It's pretty much impossible to come out with a perfect MMO out of the gate. No MMO has done it yet. As far as content goes, it does have more content than WoW had at release (I played WoW from the 2nd Beta, til off and on now) but it's competing with WoW now... not WoW at release. They should have had more end game content. As much as they spent on creating the game, they could have done it.

That being said, I enjoyed SWTOR and if I had RL friends that played it, I would have stuck with it.

I would expound upon what sorrowfool has said with a few statements.

The biggest reason I feel it's not fair to compare original WoW to SWTOR is that SWTOR has been released into a world that has had nearly 8 years of World of Warcraft. When WoW was first released it wasn't unthinkable that you could spend 2 hours in a Scholomance or Upper Blackrock Spire run even in a good group. In today's environment a non-raid instance that long would be frowned upon by most.

Then there's raid environments. I only completed one raid on SWTOR before my guild decided to reroll for the 3rd time and I gave up but we finished it (with some difficulty) that very night despite several of us having never done it before. I stuck with my original WoW guild through countless rebuilding phases where we had to teach and gear half the (40 man) raid and it would take us two nights to finish most of the raid and until those 20 people had been through the rest a couple times, we weren't certain to take down Ragnaros. *When I first joined the guild and everyone was gearing up and learning the fights, it would take 3 nights to finish MC. With the new diversity (and probably older average age) of MMO players now as compared to 2005 the time required for a raid like that would be seen as bad design.

WoW changed a lot of what was acceptable in MMOs by bringing them so far into the mainstream. SWTOR is a great game and I feel I too would have stuck with it if things were a little different. I absolutely loved so many things about it and many of the things I didn't care for at launch have been improved greatly.

* On this thought, I have included the following screenshot that is quite related.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_062705_032953.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_062705_032953.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.