AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

talkers not tippers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most rooms have the crew of users who talk all the time, but rarely if ever tip. These users will applaud other tippers and be happy when counts are complete, but still wont contribute. I'm interested to get the opinion of both models and users on this subject. What do you think of these users?

For me personally, in rooms where these users tend to be prevalent i will tent to tip ninja if i want to help the model but dont want to enable freeloaders no matter how nice they are.

I think I'm usually more put off by the members who don't do either. No visible contribution ever. As far as your question goes, it depends on the member. There are some that I enjoy their company, and they contribute TONS to the room as far as wonderful conversation and adding positively to the vibe, but are not able to financially contribute as much. I will say that there are a few that talk all day and I find them annoying, but if I remember to put them on "ignore" it helps (though I always hope that they don't engage me directly because I'll never see what they've said...oops?).

I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong making these posts, but you seem to have a few things mixed up. Terms like "i've invested a ton of tokens" .. i don't know if camgirls are investments. We're entertainment. You're not invested, waiting on a return..

It sounds like you're getting really hung up on some small stuff that might be slowly poisoning your experience on MFC. Hope this helps shed some light on it..

I totally hear ya, I always try to see my tips as "gifts of appreciation"; though I have used the phrase "invested in" with regards to models before, but not in regards to a traditional financial investment. When I use it, I usually means that I've invested in a hopes of furthering a models success. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't, but I'd like to think that it's helped a little along the way. (Any investment is never a guarantee anyway)

Yeah, it can go either way. Ninja tips are appreciated if the model doesn't want to use them for the show in the topic and the member understands that as the situation. (For example, I have a member who knows that if a countdown has been up for a long while with no one contributing that I'm likely going to log off soon and save my sanity. He will sometimes tip the remainder or a large chunk of it in an Ninja tip so I can decide to stay or leave, and he's super cool about it.)

But a lot of times a room with a few tips rolling in here or there will create more participation, tip-wise.

I've done this in the past myself, sometimes I like to give the model the option to use my tips as she sees fit.

I have to add that sometimes I personally think that I talk TOO much even though I tip regularly. I think I may come off as one of "the annoying ones" to other members :p

...there is a shit ton of venom directed at people before gathering all of the facts or considering an opinion other than your own so I'm not sure how long I will stay.
I don't believe this is the case. I believe you are claiming far more as "fact" than you can possibly know.

In the specific room I have in mind, in fact, yes i do know which users are the regular public tippers, the ninja tippers, the previous big tippers who no longer tip, the users who have never really tipped much but contribute to the good vibe of the room, and the users who have never really tipped much but bring down the vibe of the room.
Do you know their mothers maiden names as well? This paragraph completely discredits your position. The mentality that led you to write this needs to be rejected as folly.

And, actually, yes, it does affect me. If I am always the one there clearing counts I will stop after a while if no one else is contributing. People come to expect that when I am in a room that counts will be cleared. One model in particular has told me to stop tipping towards counts so other people don't get used to me clearing them.
So this affects you because it will make you stop tipping her? Do you really worry about what other members expect when you are in a room?

I will tell you what a classy guy with "considerable" tokens will do next time his model tells him to stop tipping. Tell her ok, soon as she stops being so damned hot. Then immediately hit her with a 1k wall.

I have invested considerable time and tokens in some rooms...
This time and money you invested...was it worth it?

Now I have spent the better part of a morning pondering your dilemma. Perhaps you will gain some perspective from hearing mine. Consider the following:
  1. She loves to take pictures (like at the park, flowers, that sort of thing; not adult stuff)
  2. She owns an older not-particularly-great camera
  3. She goes on vacation first week of next month
  4. She has a camera on her wishlist
I would love to surprise her with the camera before she goes on vacation. I'm a little short, but I may be able to pull it off if I try. So for the last week, I haven't been buying cigarettes (a good thing). Cut my caloric intake by about 30-40% (still got about 25 extra pounds on me, so I should be good, and anyways some of those calories were beer). And worst of all, I have had to stop visiting my #2 (I hate this, she is a real sweetheart).

Now the other night some guy came in talking about buying the camera for her; probably just a shit talker, but you never know. If he beats me to the punch, guess I will have to drown my sorrows in a steak dinner followed by a six-pack. But if he doesn't, and I manage to click that buy button in time, then I will give exactly zero fucks about what some freeloader did with his money.

Hearing your predicament has made me grateful for mine, because I am having a blast, and what you have described doesn't sound fun to me at all.
:dead: <<< died of hunger

I will tell you what a classy guy with "considerable" tokens will do next time his model tells him to stop tipping. Tell her ok, soon as she stops being so damned hot. Then immediately hit her with a 1k wall.

FIFY

I will tell you what a classy guy with "considerable" tokens will do next time his model tells him to stop tipping. Tell her ok, soon as she stops being so damned hot. Then immediately hit her with a 1k ninja wall.

(then he'd be honoring her request for him not to contribute toward the count as well as letting her know she's appreciated)

I think there a lot of different perspectives on this from both models and the users of MFC. Here again, it really depends on the model and yourself as the user. As others have stated, there are a lot of ways to contribute to the model financially which is outside of visible tokens on MFC and it may not be your place to judge others.

OP, you seem upset that you are contributing but no one else is. It also seems like you're looking for people to agree with you that it is a crappy situation to be in and to possibly find some kind of solution to this dilemma? Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is one, even if you and the model have the exact same view on the situation. If both you and the model feel the same way, the choice boils down to what? Her calling them out (publicly or privately) about not tipping (either aggressively or passive aggressively) and seeing if that makes a difference in x amount of time or to ignore the situation and continue as though nothing is going on? What would this really solve? And this is if she feels the exact same way you do. She may not mind at all and it may be just you being upset.

As for me and my opinion on all of this, I would hope that anyone that tips me is happy to do so whether or not a certain countdown is made or whatever the situation may be. I would hope that anyone who tips me doesn't put their feelings and/or reactions in the hands of others. You can't control anyone else but yourself. Just because you tip doesn't mean others should and vice versa. Do you feel that when someone tips that you should tip, too? It's silly. I would want anyone that decides to tip me be really happy about it because of how it makes me feel (super happy :D) and I would hope that my happiness is enough of a reason rather than a focus being on what others are doing or not doing. MFC is, to me and in my room, supposed to be a really fun place for us to hang out after a long day of work.

It's my hope you reassess your thought process to find a joy in tipping, in that you're helping out the model of your choice, no matter what else is going on. I hope this doesn't come across as harsh but this is my perspective - one of many that you asked for on this forum. ^_^

All the best!

FIFY FTFY

I will tell you what a classy guy with "considerable" tokens will do next time his model tells him to stop tipping. Tell her ok, soon as she stops being so damned hot. Then immediately hit her with a 1k ninja wall.

(then he'd be honoring her request for him not to contribute toward the count as well as letting her know she's appreciated)
No. I respectfully disagree. One of my favorite features of mfc has been the tipping options, and I've had some fun with them. But I would not ninja tip here. I would not honor her request. I am the kind of ass who would try to amuse while doing the exact opposite. Hopefully I would either get a laugh or a ban out of her. This is just me though; I will concede that the action you described is at least equally as classy.

This is a matter of personal preference I think, and completely beside the point I was trying to make; namely, he should quit worrying about all this silly crap and focus on the featured attraction.

I wasn't trying to say what I offered was the classy thing to do; rather, I was trying hint that some of the things he has shared are anything but classy, even if he has "invested" hundreds of millions of tokens.

• Funny!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
You, as a member, do have one other option. If someone is getting on your nerves that badly, click on their name and click "ignore user". You won't see them anymore and the model can deal with him if she chooses to at some point in time.

I do put people on ignore rarely, but is pretty much only a troll who generally going to get banned anyhow in a few minutes. When there are only few people talking its pretty much impossible to follow a conversation when annoyingjoe is on ignore. In theory yes ignore works. In my experience putting an annoying regular made the situation more frustrating. I am curious how many members have a models regulars on ignore?

When I said "it is partly your room also", what I meant is that you have the right to have an enjoyable experience. If the camera angle is bad request a change, if it is been a solid hour of house trap music, ask for a different genre for a change. Now you are only one member, and yes it ultimately is the model's room. This means if foot fetish guy tipped 1,000 tokens you are going to have watch the models feet for a bit, and if 10 guys have commented on great the music well you are probably out of luck, find another room tonight. But I don't believe in suffering in silence especially if you have been tipping. Regulars are part of the environment in the same way music, and lighting is also.

Perfectly reasonable? Try extremely nosy and likely to put the model in a weird situation, as she now has to decide if she's going to talk about the other dude behind his back to you just because you're a big tipper or ignore you/deny you info and risk losing you as a tipper. Not fair.
[ignore]
This is the way to go..

Life isn't fair.
If I am playing poker with a guy who is being obnoxious, I'll complain to him,. I may skip this step if the guy is drunk and intimidating. If that doesn't help I'll complain to the person running the game. I have yet to be in a situation where I was the first person to bitch, generally there are 3 or 4 people who are ahead of me. There was actually a person who we called annoyingjoe :). The folks running the game take steps to deal with the problem, a ban button is more complicated in real life, so generally a person gets a warning. One time when house didn't do anything I simply stopped going to the game.

The analogy in the camworld is to complain first to the annoying guy. I don't do this because it often seems to start a fight in the room which is bad for everybody.
So the alternative I am hearing is put the guy on ignore, or leave the room. Ignore doesn't work for me and leaving seems pretty drastic.

I believe in giving people information they need to make intelligent business decisions. So yes asking about another member puts the model in an awkward spot, but it is no different than any other proprietary of entertainment venue who has deal with conflicts between customers. Some of the time, I'm told AnnoyingJoe actually does great stuff I don't know about. This reduces my resentment and makes me happier.
Often the model tells me this guy is bugging the shit out of her also. Again I feel happier knowing the model isn't pleased with the member. Perhaps in the future she will deal with him, and knowing that he is annoying her tipping regulars may give her the resolved to do something she has wanted to before.

• Helpful!
Reactions: WickedTouch
When I said "it is partly your room also", what I meant is that you have the right to have an enjoyable experience. If the camera angle is bad request a change, if it is been a solid hour of house trap music, ask for a different genre for a change. Now you are only one member, and yes it ultimately is the model's room. This means if foot fetish guy tipped 1,000 tokens you are going to have watch the models feet for a bit, and if 10 guys have commented on great the music well you are probably out of luck, find another room tonight. But I don't believe in suffering in silence especially if you have been tipping. Regulars are part of the environment in the same way music, and lighting is also.
Your "enjoyable" experience does not overrule the models' way of running her room.
Life isn't fair.
If I am playing poker with a guy who is being obnoxious, I'll complain to him,. I may skip this step if the guy is drunk and intimidating. If that doesn't help I'll complain to the person running the game. I have yet to be in a situation where I was the first person to bitch, generally there are 3 or 4 people who are ahead of me. There was actually a person who we called annoyingjoe :). The folks running the game take steps to deal with the problem, a ban button is more complicated in real life, so generally a person gets a warning. One time when house didn't do anything I simply stopped going to the game.
You have the same option in the model's room, if you choose to "stop going to the game".
Dealing with annoying people in real life is much different that on the internet. Online, it's much easier to walk away.

As a member I don't mind spending some tokens to help out and to let a model show what she can do. Most of us start out as non-spenders, and I admire models who put in the time and effort to encourage basics and occassional/ first time spenders to take the next step and to join in the fun on a more regular basis. Whether I do this again will all depend on the model from that point, and how well she appears to take advantage of opportunity. Part of this is how she handles non-spending members (freeloading or not).

With those in a model's room talking alot but not tipping, I find it ok for the most part so long as they don't distract too much attention from tipping members. There is nothing worse as a member when you spend to have someone else steal your favoured model's attention, you resent her for allowing it.
Additionally, seeing it happen to another member can also scare you off spending too.

In the end it is up to the model to notice members struggling to spend on them due to excess or annoying room chat. Some models are simply more serious about their camming than others, also many successful models can afford to lose a few members for the right company (familiar company?). I always assume if tokens don't count, then the company the model is keeping must be someone important.

I guess once you've gotten to the point where you've tipped hundreds of thousands of tokens in a room you start to learn who is contributing and who is just bullshitting.

Don't know the OP, but speaking generally, I think that that complaints like this often come from guys with really limited social skills. It might be couched as concern for the model's earning ability, but it really has nothing to do with that. It's mostly just whining: "I'm socially awkward with women, and it makes me mad to see other guys who aren't."

Since they have no personality of their own, they use tokens as a substitute. I think they feel that paying money exempts them from having to engage in social interaction -- the model should just automatically find them interesting because tokens. It's a sense of entitlement, so they resent anyone who didn't have to buy attention.

I am sorry but there is just a ton of bullshit in this thread.

Your roommate/significant other, never does the dishes, nor takes out the trashes and is always late with their share of the rent.

Your coworker takes two hour lunches, leaves early, forcing you to work late, but got the same review/raise you did last year. Another worker joins the project after you've been working out for months, and claims all the credit. Your basketball teammate never shows up for practice just games, but still starts.

Now If I read this thread, advice people are giving to the OP is this. It's none of your business, you shouldn't be concern with others actions, don't let other actions bother you, or work on developing better social skills.

In reality I suspect virtually none of you would react this way. Cause we are human you are going to be resentful, very few of us are zen-like enough to let other people's actions roll off our backs.

Bob made a terrific post. in the Leaving a model's room, which he talks about the danger zone, where member and model get emotionally invested in each other. As Bob points out the financial model of MFC would fall apart if this doesn't happen.

MFCuser is well in the DangerZone, he has invested many hours and tens of thousand dollars in the models success. In fact it can be harder to walk away online than in real life. By invested I mean he wants her to make her countdown, be happy, increase her camscore, make Miss MFC.

IMO the primary reason Olivia is Miss MFC is because she has cultivated a strong sense of team Olivia. It was a team effort to get her to #1, and it is a great feeling to be on a winning team. So guys are willing to dig deep to make it happen.

The OP has been most of the heavy lifting in making his favorite model successful. He looks around sees other part of her team aren't contributing financially How does he know they are part of the team? Because they are always in her room, talking but some aren't tipping. He gets resentful, no different than always being the one to do the dishes or working late. I've already given my advice on how handle the resentment if its about a single non-tipping regular. It is helped me maybe it will help you even if other disagree. Now, if the OP is resentful about many/most of her regulars, than I think it is time to move to the far right of the Danger Zone chart, and take a break from the model.

But in effect telling the OP is weird for having these feeling, just awful advice.

Your roommate/significant other, never does the dishes, nor takes out the trashes and is always late with their share of the rent.

Your coworker takes two hour lunches, leaves early, forcing you to work late, but got the same review/raise you did last year. Another worker joins the project after you've been working out for months, and claims all the credit. Your basketball teammate never shows up for practice just games, but still starts.

Now If I read this thread, advice people are giving to the OP is this. It's none of your business, you shouldn't be concern with others actions, don't let other actions bother you, or work on developing better social skills.

In reality I suspect virtually none of you would react this way. Cause we are human you are going to be resentful, very few of us are zen-like enough to let other people's actions roll off our backs.

Bob made a terrific post. in the Leaving a model's room, which he talks about the danger zone, where member and model get emotionally invested in each other. As Bob points out the financial model of MFC would fall apart if this doesn't happen.

MFCuser is well in the DangerZone, he has invested many hours and tens of thousand dollars in the models success. In fact it can be harder to walk away online than in real life. By invested I mean he wants her to make her countdown, be happy, increase her camscore, make Miss MFC.

IMO the primary reason Olivia is Miss MFC is because she has cultivated a strong sense of team Olivia. It was a team effort to get her to #1, and it is a great feeling to be on a winning team. So guys are willing to dig deep to make it happen.

The OP has been most of the heavy lifting in making his favorite model successful. He looks around sees other part of her team aren't contributing financially How does he know they are part of the team? Because they are always in her room, talking but some aren't tipping. He gets resentful, no different than always being the one to do the dishes or working late. I've already given my advice on how handle the resentment if its about a single non-tipping regular. It is helped me maybe it will help you even if other disagree. Now, if the OP is resentful about many/most of her regulars, than I think it is time to move to the far right of the Danger Zone chart, and take a break from the model.

But in effect telling the OP is weird for having these feeling, just awful advice.

The difference between the examples you gave and MFC is that things like washing dishes or doing work are things that must be done, whereas on MFC there's no necessity for a countdown to be finished. When someone dirties dishes, then they are responsible for cleaning them. If they don't clean them, someone else has to so it's natural to feel resentment. Tips on MFC are completely optional; they are donations to the model. No member should ever feel responsible for tipping or clearing a count, and it's very dangerous to think that you have to tip just because nobody else is.

@HiGirlsRHot
Except other MFC members and shitty roommates/coworkers are not at all the same thing. This is a total false equivalence, your argument is not logically sound.

If these other "team members" aren't contributing financially, then how are they even considered "team members" in the first place? They are not. They are freeloaders until they bring some tokens to the table.

No one is forcing him to take out the trash, do the dishes, or work late. Anything he does to make up for a lack of others tipping is completely by his own volition. I've never heard of a member being forced to clear countdowns... :think:

As someone who has had a ton of shitty roommates, you just get the fuck over it and clean up shit yourself.

tl/dr; HiGirlsRHot your post mirrors my sentiment, and it's unfair to jump on OP for being frustrated. His analogies work because it's not about feeling obligated to complete countdowns, it's about MFC not being worth logging into if goals aren't made.

I think your opinion mirrors mine (with the exception of talking to the model about freeloaders). I get OP's frustration and I'd be lying if I didn't think the same way sometimes. After awhile you just have to forget it or camming won't be fun.

From what I've read, most models go into the night having a low goal, an average goal, and ecstatic goal. I've seen at least two models mention it on this forum, including the forum owner. My experiences in camland provides further evidence of this. Infact the few I know very well, I've spent enough time in their rooms that I'm pretty sure I know the exact hourly amount required for those goals. The fact of the matter is, camming isn't fun if the model isn't hitting at least her low end goal (at least for myself). The truth is, I feel it's not even worth logging in, let alone spending tokens if that low end goal isn't hit.

So what does this mean? When I log in, I need to know beforehand I am willing to spend enough tokens to at least get her to that goal (a lofty amount for one individual) to guarantee that I have an entertaining night. Otherwise, why not just spend the night doing something else more interesting/cheaper? I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of the freeloaders ability to dilligaf (thanks to a certain someone in this thread I know what the means!), at least I'm probably min/maxing my entertainment time better then them. But because of this, it feels like freeloaders are taking away something from me, extra tokens I'm spending carrying them, as well as the time lost that those tokens would provide on a later night.

Your analogies are perfect HiGirlsRHot because this mentality is a zero-sum game philosophy. It's not only hurtful, it's logically incorrect. The truth is, if they were to tip it, I'd still likely end up spending the same amount of tokens regardless. When stuck in a zero-sum game situation though, it's natural to feel resentful sometimes.

I'd also be lying if I wasn't curious who is freeloading and who is ninja tipping. I can't think of a single member who I know is completely freeloading (okay a lie, I know *one* but that's it!), but I know for sure who the main ninja tippers are. We are creatures bred to recognize pattern, and it's not hard to see the pattern of who is online every time the ninja tips flow. It's also not surprising that a model in frustration might vent to a close regular that she's tired of _____ spending so much time in her room without having tipped a single token.

Even though I know it's none of my business, it's still hard not to feel that freeloaders are forcing the other tippers to carry the weight for their entertainment. It's also hard not to feel that they are taking away further time I could be hanging out on MFC. It's also hard not to be curious, even when you know you shouldn't. It's hard not to get frustrated.

Ultimately, I do agree that logically in a perfect world you shouldn't let others lack of tipping habits bother you, or be happy that they are providing some entertainment to your choice of model. You guys are completely correct. But as humans, it's not easy to act logically all the time, sometimes emotions creep in, and it's unfair to jump on the OP for being frustrated.

Last edited:
From what I've read, most models go into the night having a low goal, an average goal, and ecstatic goal. I've seen at least two models mention it on this forum, including the forum owner. My experiences in camland provides further evidence of this. Infact the few I know very well, I've spent enough time in their rooms that I'm pretty sure I know the exact hourly amount required for those goals. The fact of the matter is, camming isn't fun if the model isn't hitting at least her low end goal (at least for myself). The truth is, I feel it's not even worth logging in, let alone spending tokens if that low end goal isn't hit.

I agree with most of your post, except that I always like to log in and tip my fave. Regardless of hitting goals, at least I'm helping with what I can. I find it a privilege and joy to spend any time at all with my fave model, and I always understand if an early log off happens. Though I do understand where you're coming from.

Even though I know it's none of my business, it's still hard not to feel that freeloaders are forcing the other tippers to carry the weight for their entertainment. It's also hard not to feel that they are taking away further time I could be hanging out on MFC. It's also hard not to be curious, even when you know you shouldn't. It's hard not to get frustrated.

Ultimately, I do agree that logically in a perfect world you shouldn't let others lack of tipping habits bother you, or be happy that they are providing some entertainment to your choice of model. You guys are completely correct. But as humans, it's not easy to act logically all the time, sometimes emotions creep in, and it's unfair to jump on the OP for being frustrated.

I think your last line tends to get forgotten sometimes, we are humans and we can be very illogical. It's easy to say "This is how it should be, and if you don't fit into this mold you're wrong". Maybe they are wrong, and maybe they're not. In my opinion it's important for people to remember that no one is perfect. If we respond with a little kindness and understanding I feel that it's a more effective way to bring people around to a different way of thinking.

In most cases, I'm more of a chatter, not a big tipper. When I tip, it's usually because I want to either see the show or I tip as a way to help to encourage others to tip.

Example: if there hasn't been a tip in a while during a good conversation and the model clearly gets a little frustrated. A simple 5 token tip helps to remind others that there's a countdown and that her time is valuable. Or if it is dead silent and theres little going on, I'll do many small tips as a way to remind other premiums who may be lurking that ALL tokens are good tokens! (BTW, thank fuck that '1 token tips hurts camscore' myth is busted).

But, I also like to drop notes in my tips for a joke or a punch line, or I hide it from the room to act like a priority PM. And I will sometimes ninja tip, but for reasons I choose not to express.

Now, there are times I simply won't have tokens, and all i can do is talk and hope to keep the room interesting. I'm sure some models don't have issues with 'only-talkers' like this because they know I/we will have tokens some time, or they just like the conversation happening and hope to stay on long enough for the cavalry (other tippers) to show up. Over the years, I found this only really applies if they are positive contributors to the conversation. I've seen a few "toxic talkers" who are there and somehow sour a room, yet never drop a token. Guys who are freeloaders and 'hey bb' talkers like that tend to fall into this category, but not exclusively.

So I honestly have no issue with guys who talk only if they're cool. Its just the freeloaders who ask for things and never tip or really intend to tip or just troll I have an issue with.

Perfectly reasonable? Try extremely nosy and likely to put the model in a weird situation, as she now has to decide if she's going to talk about the other dude behind his back to you just because you're a big tipper or ignore you/deny you info and risk losing you as a tipper. Not fair.
I've been put in this situation one too many times, and the big tipper expected me to keep PMing back and forth with him about that person behind his back. Kinda sucked because here I am trying to focus on my public chat and have a conversation with the room, but I've got this regular who keeps PMing me to complain that so and so hasn't tipped yet, or to tell me that he thinks so and so is annoying, and that he should be banned...

I've been put in this situation one too many times, and the big tipper expected me to keep PMing back and forth with him about that person behind his back. Kinda sucked because here I am trying to focus on my public chat and have a conversation with the room, but I've got this regular who keeps PMing me to complain that so and so hasn't tipped yet, or to tell me that he thinks so and so is annoying, and that he should be banned...
What have you learned about dealing with these situations?

There are ways to contribute without tipping, this is what I meant earlier about if tokens don't matter then it must be 'someone important', important to the model. Only the model knows what is going on in her particular world and some chatters make things easier for her, bring her luck, make the model feel good, help her room work better, fight boredom when quiet, or perhaps simply help her feel comfortable.

If you are one of these members it can be easy to get into the habit of not tipping, when you know you can and should. Only the member knows when he/ she is taking too much from the relationship and disrespecting the model for her work.

Those members spending on the model regularly will notice and change behaviour based on those seeming not to add anything to the room. Personally I always notice a model's regulars, some help me spend on her, some restrict it or change it to a different type of spend.
For myself when I see those chasing countdowns without contributing with tokens it always discourages me from spending on any countdowns.
There are other worse ways paying members can be used by those close to the model in terms of seeking cheap pvt adventures, such as solo group shows, and chat during pvt shows. The first being irritating, the second unacceptable.

The difference between the examples you gave and MFC is that things like washing dishes or doing work are things that must be done, whereas on MFC there's no necessity for a countdown to be finished. When someone dirties dishes, then they are responsible for cleaning them. If they don't clean them, someone else has to so it's natural to feel resentment. Tips on MFC are completely optional; they are donations to the model. No member should ever feel responsible for tipping or clearing a count, and it's very dangerous to think that you have to tip just because nobody else is.

"No necessity for a countdown to be finished." really you sure about that? Imagine that no countdown every got done on MFC, didn't manner if it was 5,000 tokens or 500 none were finished. All members said hey it is not my responsibility to tip much less clear a count, cause it is myFREEcams. How many models do you think would log in each day?

You are right tips are completely optional at individual level. At an aggregate level they are not, without them most of the models have to find new jobs.

It's been my experience that 4 or 5 straight session where a models fails to hit her show countdown or even worse any countdown, is pretty much enough to depress even the most self confident model.
Kinda of like dish 4 or 5 straight days of nobody doing them is enough for somebody to say fuck it I'll do them, eventhough it's not my turn.

Nobody is obligated to give up their seat to elderly person, donate money for a disaster victim, adopt a stray dog, and certainly nobody is obligated to clear countdown. But I contend the world is a better place because some people do step up and do more. Everyday thousand of guys on MFC, look around the room and say to themselves this countdown has gone nowhere the last 30 minute, the model is frustrated, I'm frustrated, if I don't finish it isn't going to happen and they tip. They tip for a zillion different reason. If you do this often enough, you start looking at the other folks who never seem to tip and think WTF why aren't they tipping?.

Now if you have physical roommates/SO who don't do the dishes, there are many approaches you can take. One approach is continue to do the dishes without a word of complaint. Another is to scream at the roommate to FUCKING DO THE DISHES.

So what the OP ask was how to people feel about their MFCroommates who don't tip/do the dishes. The follow on is how do you deal with your frustration with the model?

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
The last sentence should read.The follow on question is how do you communicate your frustration about a particular member with the model.

• Wat?!
Reactions: dilligaf0
Nobody is obligated to give up their seat to elderly person, donate money for a disaster victim, adopt a stray dog, and certainly nobody is obligated to clear countdown. But I contend the world is a better place because some people do step up and do more. Everyday thousand of guys on MFC, look around the room and say to themselves this countdown has gone nowhere the last 30 minute, the model is frustrated, I'm frustrated, if I don't finish it isn't going to happen and they tip.

Yes, tipping a cam girl so she'll show you her lady parts is EXACTLY like donating to earthquake relief in Nepal. Plus, every time you give five tokens to a model, an angel gets its wings.

This thread is getting more ridiculous by the day. We get it -- some of you are paying thousands of dollars so that you can pretend that you and Model X live in your own special little bubble of love where you are the center of all her affection. You think every other guy should just go the fuck away.

Meanwhile, back in reality.....every other guy is hanging out, having fun, contributing whatever he can, and Model X decides for herself how she wants her room to run. And when a guy realllly feels the need for that special one-on-one time, he asks for a private session.

My god, it was so complicated. Now it's so simple.

(Feel free to read all of the above in the voice of Dr. Cox from 'Scrubs.')

"No necessity for a countdown to be finished." really you sure about that? Imagine that no countdown every got done on MFC, didn't manner if it was 5,000 tokens or 500 none were finished. All members said hey it is not my responsibility to tip much less clear a count, cause it is myFREEcams. How many models do you think would log in each day?
Lol, they'd all just start offering private and group again. :D

Ok, after all the back and forth, and in spite of the bad analogies, I think I'm starting to get understanding of the issue.

You have a favorite model. You spend well on her. Hate to see her fail so many shifts at making her goals (whether it be because you want to see the show, or just like her so much you want her to succeed/don't want her to avoid logging on due to bad shifts.) You're blaming the freeloaders, you feel like they are taking something from you (whether it be your tokens for the goals/shows you feel obligated to finish in order to keep your model happy and make your penis hard.) You're looking for ways to fix this problem (whether it be ninja tipping, sending her a PM telling her that her talkative chat-mate is being cheap, etc.)

And the reason you're so frustrated is that there is no easy fix for this situation.

Does that sound about right? Because I understand your frustration. It's frustrating to have a problem and not know how to fix it.

I feel bad for the members who feel the weight of the world (or in this case, the success and satisfaction of the model they adore) lies on their shoulders. It must be a conflicting feeling.

What have you learned about dealing with these situations?
That if the presence of a particular member bothers a regular that much (the member obviously isn't that bad if I'm allowing him to be in my room), the regular has a few options...put that member on ignore, suck it up and not go into overprotective or jealous mode every time that member speaks to me, or the regular can just leave the room if he's that easily bothered by someone who's not doing anyone any harm. I could see if the person is a nasty troll, and the regular is like WTF...who is this fool? That's different, and the troll won't be around for too long anyway. But getting all bent out of shape just because you notice someone hasn't contributed yet? I'll admit that the lurkers who do nothing at all (won't talk...won't tip...just lurk ALL THE TIME) are what used to get on my nerves. The members who were chatting and tipping small amounts here and there were A-OK with me. But that's just me. Let the model decide for herself what is/isn't acceptable. Unless she's appointed you "room moderator" or something, SHE is the one running things.

From what I've seen of some regulars (not just from my room, but in other models' rooms too), if a model banned every single person that her regular thinks is annoying, she'd have no one in her room. LOL. And people call ME sensitive. :) I've seen some guys get really annoyed over something silly.

And I used to always say that if it bothers you that other members are reaping the benefits of your tips, then just specify in a tip note that the tip is not for a flash or whatever. Or take the model private. Or take a break from tipping for the rest of the night. After all, it's not your job to clear countdowns all on your own.

Last edited:
Yes, tipping a cam girl so she'll show you her lady parts is EXACTLY like donating to earthquake relief in Nepal. Plus, every time you give five tokens to a model, an angel gets its wings.

This thread is getting more ridiculous by the day. We get it -- some of you are paying thousands of dollars so that you can pretend that you and Model X live in your own special little bubble of love where you are the center of all her affection. You think every other guy should just go the fuck away.

Meanwhile, back in reality.....every other guy is hanging out, having fun, contributing whatever he can, and Model X decides for herself how she wants her room to run. And when a guy realllly feels the need for that special one-on-one time, he asks for a private session.

My god, it was so complicated. Now it's so simple.

(Feel free to read all of the above in the voice of Dr. Cox from 'Scrubs.')
I don't think you do get it.

You accuse HiGirlsRHot of wanting to be the models center of attention, I've re-read all his posts and that doesn't come across to me at all. It seems quite clear to me that he recognizes this as a job for the model and wants to pay her for her time so she can keep doing her job. To be honest by putting words in his mouth and getting personal with your posts, in my opinion you are coming across resentful of people that tip large amounts (which I don't think you are, any more then HiGirlsRHot is saying what you accuse him of saying).

This isn't about people who "contribute when they can". HiGirlsRHot made it clear in his first post that he's not talking about people that hang out every day and contribute $20 a month. OP made it clear that it is about members that the model told him don't contribute much (so I'm assuming that is less then a few bucks a month).

I don't agree that a member should ever talk to a model about her other members lack of tipping habits, but I can empathize with the frustration of freeloaders.

Last edited:
I don't think you do get it.

You accuse HiGirlsRHot of wanting to be the models center of attention, I've re-read all his posts and that doesn't come across to me at all. It seems quite clear to me that he recognizes this as a job for the model and wants to pay her for her time so she can keep doing her job. To be honest by putting words in his mouth and getting personal with your posts, in my opinion you are coming across resentful of people that tip large amounts (which I don't think you are, any more then HiGirlsRHot is saying what you accuse him of saying).

This isn't about people who "contribute when they can". HiGirlsRHot made it clear in his first post that he's not talking about people that hang out every day and contribute $20 a month. OP made it clear that it is about members that the model told him don't contribute much (so I'm assuming that is less then a few bucks a month).

I don't agree that a member should ever talk to a model about her other members lack of tipping habits, but I can empathize with the frustration of freeloaders.

Meh. I think it's pretty much how I described it. A whole lotta self-centered whining disguised as concern for the model. Pretty patronizing, frankly. The general consensus from the camgirls seems to be that they are grown-ups and more than capable of sorting these things out for themselves. There really doesn't seem to be much else to say.

Ok, after all the back and forth, and in spite of the bad analogies, I think I'm starting to get understanding of the issue.

You have a favorite model. You spend well on her. Hate to see her fail so many shifts at making her goals (whether it be because you want to see the show, or just like her so much you want her to succeed/don't want her to avoid logging on due to bad shifts.) You're blaming the freeloaders, you feel like they are taking something from you (whether it be your tokens for the goals/shows you feel obligated to finish in order to keep your model happy and make your penis hard.) You're looking for ways to fix this problem (whether it be ninja tipping, sending her a PM telling her that her talkative chat-mate is being cheap, etc.)

And the reason you're so frustrated is that there is no easy fix for this situation.

Does that sound about right? Because I understand your frustration. It's frustrating to have a problem and not know how to fix it.

I feel bad for the members who feel the weight of the world (or in this case, the success and satisfaction of the model they adore) lies on their shoulders. It must be a conflicting feeling.

I think that's 1/2 right if the OP is complaining about freeloader in general than you are right it is frustrating and there isn't anything he can do about it. As Bob's post says he is the danger zone, too emotionally involved in the model and needs to step back.

If he wants to ban every regular as one Shelly does than it is his problem

On the other hand if it is just one or two members that are annoying that I contend that problem could be as much the models as the members.
Members and models see folks in the room differently.
Shelly said
I'll admit that the lurkers who do nothing at all (won't talk...won't tip...just lurk ALL THE TIME) are what used to get on my nerves. The members who were chatting and tipping small amounts here and there were A-OK with me.
Lurkers are invisible to members, if you put a gun to my head I couldn't name one, but many camgirls see them hanging in their rooms with lots of tokens and/or reward points and it bugs them.
But the talkers not tippers; we see them. The guy who has been with you for two years and tipped a lot when you first started, he has helped with computer troubles, you have a soft spot for him. But to us he hasn't tipped ever since we have been hanging around your room for 9 months. He is annoying as shit to us and we can't figure out why you tolerate him. He actually has pretty corrosive effect on your room since the message he sends is "I can become good friends/get special attention with this model without tipping a lot.". When he is in your room I'll take my tokens elsewhere. I actually think this fixable problem even if it puts the model in awkward position.

But it is been a while since the OP posted to the thread so I'll shut up and let him say what he means.

Status
Not open for further replies.