AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

talkers not tippers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurkers are invisible to members, if you put a gun to my head I couldn't name one, but many camgirls see them hanging in their rooms with lots of tokens and/or reward points and it bugs them.
But the talkers not tippers; we see them. The guy who has been with you for two years and tipped a lot when you first started, he has helped with computer troubles, you have a soft spot for him. But to us he hasn't tipped ever since we have been hanging around your room for 9 months. He is annoying as shit to us and we can't figure out why you tolerate him. He actually has pretty corrosive effect on your room since the message he sends is "I can become good friends/get special attention with this model without tipping a lot.". When he is in your room I'll take my tokens elsewhere. I actually think this fixable problem even if it puts the model in awkward position.
Unless you're in her room every second she's on, you don't know if that member tipped when you weren't there.

But the talkers not tippers; we see them. The guy who has been with you for two years and tipped a lot when you first started, he has helped with computer troubles, you have a soft spot for him. But to us he hasn't tipped ever since we have been hanging around your room for 9 months. He is annoying as shit to us and we can't figure out why you tolerate him. He actually has pretty corrosive effect on your room since the message he sends is "I can become good friends/get special attention with this model without tipping a lot.". When he is in your room I'll take my tokens elsewhere. I actually think this fixable problem even if it puts the model in awkward position.
I... I have a few people who are on my top 10 supporters of all time list. They've made a huge impact on my camming career as a whole, and still come around nearly every day to chat with me and keep my spirits up. I feel confident that they will try to tip when they can, even if it is only ever couple of months, but they're a part of my room.

What you're saying is that I'm supposed to set these guys aside, after all they've done for me, because their constant chat annoys you?

Can you not see how ginger is calling you self centered for this reason? How would you feel if you were the one to drop thousands of dollars on me, and I tell you to pipe down or fuck off because newtipperxyz2015 doesn't like your chat?

And if you're trying to suggest that the fact that girls like me DON'T kick out guys like I described above is the reason that girls don't make their countdowns, I think you're delusional. You're one of the minority, I would suggest, in that you actually seem to have the money to tip the girls you enjoy, but are so goddamned picky that you don't. (and when you do, I bet you get super nitpicky about the content/raffles/extras that they offer you in return, don'tcha? ;))

I'd suggest the majority of (Actual, not the previously generous chatty) freeloaders are those who are just broke/lazy/don't give a shit about the human that is the cam girl behind the webcam.

But what do I know? We're all just taking stabs in the dark here.

Unless you're in her room every second she's on, you don't know if that member tipped when you weren't there.

Absolutely agreed. I have a member who tipped really really well my first month or so online. Then his schedule changed, wasn't online as much, still pops in here and there when he catches me online. Without a doubt he is one of the nicest members I have, and is one of my favourites still. He doesn't tip much in public chat, but he's tipped offline several times in amounts of 400-900 tokens. That's not exactly nothing you know?

It would make me really annoyed if I heard a member say something negative about him for "not tipping" when he actually does. It's just usually not when I am broadcasting. If some other member is pissed off that it's offline instead of towards a countdown, I don't know what to tell them.

Even if you are in the model's room every second, you aren't going to know how much they tip (and I'm not even counting ninja tips).

Back when I was on MFC there were three premium members who told me they made separate accounts so models wouldn't hassle them when they couldn't tip, and other members wouldn't expect them to carry the room. Sometimes they would hop on one to tip real quick then hop back to the other. I have no idea if more than these three did it, but it was common enough for me to accumulate three.

I also had a few who tipped offline for things to help with my camscore.

If you ban "lurkers" (be they guests, basics or premiums), they likely won't want anything to do with the camgirl. Just because a guy doesn't sign up with MFC doesn't mean he hasn't signed up elsewhere.

Honestly I've had members ask me before if so and so might be about to take me private, tip or whatever. It totally appalls me when they do. I tell them it's none of their business, and if they persist I ban. There's no reason to go asking how much a member spends on what, even if a model knows all of the tippers accounts.

Last edited:
I... I have a few people who are on my top 10 supporters of all time list. They've made a huge impact on my camming career as a whole, and still come around nearly every day to chat with me and keep my spirits up. I feel confident that they will try to tip when they can, even if it is only ever couple of months, but they're a part of my room.

What you're saying is that I'm supposed to set these guys aside, after all they've done for me, because their constant chat annoys you?

Can you not see how ginger is calling you self centered for this reason? How would you feel if you were the one to drop thousands of dollars on me, and I tell you to pipe down or fuck off because newtipperxyz2015 doesn't like your chat?

This isn't about me. For the record there isn't any regular in models rooms that I frequent that bother me. I'm still frustrated by the freeloading of MFC at times but that shit ain't going to change anytime soon, I certainly can't fix it. I am sympathetic to the OP because I've been in the dangerzone like the OP seems to be. In particular I'm been pissed offed with a couple of the models regulars who I thought were talkers but not tippers. I'm suggesting coping mechanism that worked for me, that might help him and other in similar situation. As other have said this isn't necessarily logically this upset us, but we are human.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I'm certainly not going to be so presumptuous and try and tell a very experience and successful camgirl how the hell to run her room. Nor I am going to tell ANY model new or old to ban a member just because he annoys me. I know I don't know about the history behind other members. So if PM/email you about whats the deal with DrBill he never seems to tip. I'd be perfectly fine to hear "dude you don't know what the fuck you are talking about DrBill has been one of my biggest supporters". In fact I'd be happy to hear it, cause that would mean DrBill isn't a fucking freeloader. So next time DrBill say "guys we are really close to a great new Amber show", it wouldn't annoy me that some freeloader is telling me to tip more. But If I've been your room less than year, I can't possibly know about your top supporters from years before, all I know is what I've observed.

Sure it's none of my business, but I don't see why providing a big tipper some history about members, is such a breach of confidentially. It seems like small price to keep a big tipper happy, but hey its your room.

The vast majority of times when I've tell a model talker not tipper XYZ, is annoying (which is a few times a year). I find the model is not surprisingly even more frustrated with the member than I am. I'm just telling you my opinion it is up to you to do with the information as you see fit. I'd kinda hope that if several other members found him annoying the model would do something. (Not always ban). I know one model finally banned an annoying member, she had thought about doing so for a while, but when a 3rd regular finally complained that was the final straw. Once he was gone the room was much better. It is never come to a me or him situation with me personally, but if you know that Bigtipper can't stand Talkernoottipperxyz and you see he is online but not in your room. It shouldn't be mystery why.

"How would you feel if you were the one to drop thousands of dollars on me, and I tell you to pipe down or fuck off because newtipperxyz2015 doesn't like your chat?"
If I was not tipping but still active in your room and several of your big tippers complained.about my behavior, I'd want to know, cause the last thing I'd want to do is keep you from making money. If that meant shutting up or using a different account so be it.

I'm not a big tipper and never have been - I'm more of a talker.
I focus on myself, I tip when I can and sometimes even a little bit more. Sometimes I tip ninja, sometimes I tip anonymously.

People who keep the chat alive and interesting are an important part of a room in my humble opinion. A slow or boring chat is at risk to bring everyone to boredomville, model and members. And we all know that's not good.

I personally don't judge people for how much and often they tip.
I usually don't know anything about other members' life, so who am I to judge?
Do I know if a member just lost his job? No, I don't.
Do I know if a member is paying a fortune in medical bills? No, I don't.

I initially disagreed with your comment. But what you said here has been in my head for days. After careful consideration, I have been forced to retract my initial rating and issue a helpful one instead.

I am in the danger zone. I have moved my tipping off-sites with the model in question (I have paid my dues to the sites, and will continue to buy a few tokens here and there for her and other models, but I am not going to keep paying them their cut indefinitely at elevated levels). I hope I am working on a long-term good friend with this one, and I know I am getting special attention, and it may well appear to others that I am not tipping for it. And I LOVE to be that annoying guy in chat.

But when I am in her rooms, I am there to help (not just because she has asked for it a few times, but because I know sometimes I can and because I want to). Several times I have told her to quit paying attention to me and focus on the guys that had tokens that night (because I was broke). I do not want to cost her money. That is exactly what I may have been doing. Others have noticed me (evidenced by the repeated accusations that I am her boyfriend :wondering:), and I know I don't stick around to tip when the model seems focused on somebody else.

Based on your comment, and a careful comparison of my behaviour with that of the different member types described in the camgirlwiki, I have decided the following:

1. I need to check my need for attention at the door before I go in her rooms. I am getting it offsite, I am tipping offsite, nothing to be gained by letting others see that shit.
2. I need to quit being a dick.

Thanks for your comment, and thanks to OP (hope he gets things all sorted out). This thread has caused me to not only engage in a great deal of self-reflection, but it has resulted in me writing a small book on the matter as well.

I'm a girl whose WAY out in the desert of MFC. I didn't have a fantabulous cam score in the past.. and right now with my camera and good laptop down-- I can't cam at all. But when I am actively camming-- I'd rather have some actual chatters in the room, tipping or not. It keeps the room going, keeps me going, and makes me feel like the day isn't a total waste of time. Because without the chatters, its a lot harder to stay happy, positive and interesting-- meaning I'm not likely to attract people who ARE tipping!!

Its a delicate balance to be sure-- and there ARE abusive people out there who will kill the room if you let em. But the very nature of MFC for many of us is social first...

maybe its just me but i think its pretty easy to tell the difference between the users who the model is comfortable with not tipping for whatever reason, and the users who just dont tip regularly. As a user who browses rooms as well as twitter, i think i am pretty good at identifying user who dont tip, and models have tended to confirm my suspicions.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
maybe its just me but i think its pretty easy to tell the difference between the users who the model is comfortable with not tipping for whatever reason, and the users who just dont tip regularly. As a user who browses rooms as well as twitter, i think i am pretty good at identifying user who dont tip, and models have tended to confirm my suspicions.
it's not your business...it's not your business...it's not your business...

I'm not a big tipper and never have been - I'm more of a talker.
I focus on myself, I tip when I can and sometimes even a little bit more. Sometimes I tip ninja, sometimes I tip anonymously.

People who keep the chat alive and interesting are an important part of a room in my humble opinion. A slow or boring chat is at risk to bring everyone to boredomville, model and members. And we all know that's not good.

I personally don't judge people for how much and often they tip.
I usually don't know anything about other members' life, so who am I to judge?
Do I know if a member just lost his job? No, I don't.
Do I know if a member is paying a fortune in medical bills? No, I don't.

You judge me all the time in BustyAn's room. ;););)

Reactions: suramas
...... premium members who told me they made separate accounts so models wouldn't hassle them when they couldn't tip, and other members wouldn't expect them to carry the room. Sometimes they would hop on one to tip real quick then hop back to the other. I have no idea if more than these three did it, but it was common enough for me to accumulate three.

I've been on mfc since 09. This has always been a pretty common practice, especially with the folks that are "friendship tippers". Thats the guys that tip for no "rewards" and dont want or need the attention.

Didn't make it through one page of this bullshit. I could not care less what other members are doing. That's between them and the model.

I truly care about only two people in the room: the model and myself. Sure, it's cool if it's one big happy community, that's fun, but it ultimately does not affect me.

I know most rooms have the crew of users who talk all the time, but rarely if ever tip. These users will applaud other tippers and be happy when counts are complete, but still wont contribute. I'm interested to get the opinion of both models and users on this subject. What do you think of these users?

For me personally, in rooms where these users tend to be prevalent i will tent to tip ninja if i want to help the model but dont want to enable freeloaders no matter how nice they are.
I’m going to say straight up that your posts are contradictory, so you (and others) should bear that in mind when considering my comments.

First of all, being a high tipper doesn’t entitle you to information about other members, and certainly not their tipping habits. You shouldn’t be asking models for this info, and they shouldn’t be providing it (also keep in mind some models will lie to you). In fact, I feel that someone with your attitude is more of a hindrance than a help in a room, because if you find a model foolish enough to listen to you, pretty soon she won’t have any tippers at all. Guys can tell when a model has sold herself to a particular sugar daddy, and no one likes it, and so of course they’re going to stop tipping. They may continue to visit from time to time, but they won’t help with public shows because they know you can and will. As others have said, it’s often not difficult to tell who the ninja tippers are if a room is small enough and you see the same names often enough. You can tell just by the amounts they tip or the things they tip for, or even by just the timing of the tips.

That said, in a larger room, and especially in the room of a popular model, it’s absolutely foolish and futile to think that you can figure out exactly who is contributing and how. Some guys tip ninja, or anonymously, and/or use multiple accounts. Then there’s Amazon and other gift cards, GiftRocket, or paying in other ways, like for Cam Model protection. But the bottom line is that it’s simply none of your business.

It’s the models responsibility to finish her counts, not yours. So I totally agree with those models who have told you not to get into the habit of finishing their counts, because it only hurts them in the long run. It’s true that some guys will see it and come to expect it. There are some guys who are regular contributors, some guys who rarely if ever contribute, and a broad middle range of people who will contribute occasionally, but only if the model gives them some motivation and they don’t feel that they can just rely upon others for a free ride. Again, it’s the model’s responsibility to get those guys to contribute, not yours.

Finally, people who contribute by chatting are making a real and valuable contribution. It’s a chat room after all. Some guys are great at giving tokens, but aren’t the greatest conversationalists. Some guys are really funny and witty, but don’t have the deepest pockets. Successful chat rooms need both. Sure it’s great if you can find someone who can contribute both ways, but this isn’t a perfect world.

Something else to keep in mind that I don't think has been brought up yet is that different people attach a different value to things. If you feel like it's worth it to tip a model, that's great. But other people might not be getting the same thing out of the relationship. It confuses me when people talk about freeloaders as if they are terrible people, when I'm sure everyone in here has "freeloaded" on something in their life. A great example is porn. The vast majority of people primarily watch free porn, and many people have never paid for porn in their lives. Yet it only exists because others feel that it's worth paying for. I don't doubt that the people who get it free would pay if it was the only way to get the content, but that just not how it works.

I guess the bottom line is, you can't tell someone else how much something is worth to them, so saying someone should tip just because they spend a lot of time in a room doesn't really make sense.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Something else to keep in mind that I don't think has been brought up yet is that different people attach a different value to things. If you feel like it's worth it to tip a model, that's great. But other people might not be getting the same thing out of the relationship. It confuses me when people talk about freeloaders as if they are terrible people, when I'm sure everyone in here has "freeloaded" on something in their life. A great example is porn. The vast majority of people primarily watch free porn, and many people have never paid for porn in their lives. Yet it only exists because others feel that it's worth paying for. I don't doubt that the people who get it free would pay if it was the only way to get the content, but that just not how it works.

I guess the bottom line is, you can't tell someone else how much something is worth to them, so saying someone should tip just because they spend a lot of time in a room doesn't really make sense.
If someone spends a lot of time in a model's room, I think it's fair to say that they value that model and ought to compensate her in some way.

The problem I have, is when ordinary members take it upon themselves to decide how much someone else should be tipping, because the bottom line is that there's just no way for them to know what's really going on (not to mention it's really none of their business).

For example, suppose they see someone who they think is a freeloader. That person might prefer to make their tips offline. But only the model or perhaps a room helper is going to know that.

In some cases, the model may have told that member not to tip her. My favorite model on mfc has told me at least twice not to tip her.

Sometimes even the model herself doesn't know what's going on. There's one model on mfc I only tip anonymously (and no, it's not the same model).

The simplest solution is, don't worry about it. In my experience, people who think they have a right to tell others what to tip usually think they own the model in question. In my humble opinion, the best solution to that attitude is the ban hammer.

In responding to both the OP and your own post, I initially gave you both the benefit of the doubt, but now realize that I probably erred in doing so.

With regards to the OP, despite his claims, I don’t believe he really knows that much about chat rooms, otherwise he would realize that it’s unlikely that someone who regularly participates in public chat is truly freeloading. In my experience, people who are genuinely determined to freeload generally won’t even log into the site to begin with, but will instead just lurk as guests. And those who do log in will generally remain silent, because there seems to be this common belief or feeling that if you interact with a model that you’re obligated to tip her, whereas if you just silently observe you can claim to just be a visitor who is trying to make up his mind. For this reason, models and/or room helpers who observe members repeatedly entering a room but never chatting will generally confront them at some point, because genuine freeloaders will usually leave when confronted, whereas recorders won’t respond, which of course will then result in a ban from the room. Again, from my own experience, members who chat will generally tip as well, even if it’s only infrequently due to limited finances.

As for “helping" the model, that depends upon the individual. In my experience, ninja tips are counter-productive in encouraging others to contribute. Much better is the practice of making smaller tips on a regular basis in a light-hearted manner, which then encourages others to do the same because they want to join in the fun and camaraderie in the chat room. However, if I don’t want to contribute to a model’s topic for some reason, my other practice is to either make a ninja tip, or else tip normally but include #nocount in the tip note.

With regards to your own post, upon second reading it appears as if you are genuinely attempting to defend the practice of “freeloading,” with which I have to take issue. Cam shows are live entertainment. The models have to go through a lot of preparation to put on a show, and so if you enter a room with the intent of never tipping, and yet engage the model in any way, you are literally taking her time and attention away from people who are willing to tip, or would be willing to tip. I’m not going to call it theft, but I do think it’s unethical, and of course it becomes even more unethical if you’re not just freeloading but being disruptive as well.

That’s one reason why models have room helpers, so they aren’t unduly distracted from their shows by people who engage in such common asshattery as making requests without tipping, asking questions which can easily be found by reading the model's profile, attempting to disrupt the room through chat, or by posting images or virus links, or simply by acting as prima donnas and attention whores.

But to get back to the point I’ve been stressing all along, it really isn’t for the members to worry about who is a freeloader and who isn’t, because the only people who are in a position to know that are the models and possibly some of their room helpers. Everyone else is just guessing. And in those cases where someone is a genuine in-your-face freeloader, then you can be sure that the model and/or room helpers are already aware of the situation and will take care of it because people like that usually cross the line into outright trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.