AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tax deductions for models—percentage allowed-full vs partial

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gia666

Deactivated Account
Oct 29, 2019
Is it true you can deduct 100% of your internet costs, and 100% of equipment such as laptop, webcam, lighting and sex toys? In the tax year they were purchased of course.
And only a portion of things like electric, such as 20%, since you only use 20% of your home for web camming.

Is it true you can deduct 100% of your internet costs, and 100% of equipment such as laptop, webcam, lighting and sex toys? In the tax year they were purchased of course.
And only a portion of things like electric, such as 20%, since you only use 20% of your home for web camming.
If you use Turbotax I think they figure out the percentages for you. They'll likely ask if you work at home, what size space in the home you use for your job, what your total expenses were for those utilities, then they'll do the math for you. It's been quite a few years since I filed this way (I am incorporated now, the business taxes are all done differently) but I think I recall it being pretty easy to figure all that stuff out while going through the steps on Turbotax.

The first part is true if you ONLY use them for webcamming or whatever job you have.

Heres a lot of good information already discussed on this thread.

To err on the side of caution its best to use a professional. At least for the first time or two. Just avoid places like H&R block. There are tax prepares that will have more experience with your profession and probably for cheaper.

I’m using turbo tax home and business. I just don’t understand percentage of internet to write off safely. Some say 100%, others say percent used for work. Well I use internet for work about 60 hours per week, so that’s a lot.
Also , can’t find where to deduct utilities using turbo tax under schedule c. Next year will likely just pay a professional. As I already have had 3 days worth of stress trying to do it myself

I’m using turbo tax home and business. I just don’t understand percentage of internet to write off safely. Some say 100%, others say percent used for work. Well I use internet for work about 60 hours per week, so that’s a lot.
Also , can’t find where to deduct utilities using turbo tax under schedule c. Next year will likely just pay a professional. As I already have had 3 days worth of stress trying to do it myself

In turbotax, enter the full amounts of your expenses. After that, TurboTax will figure what percent you can write off.

Example- I can write off like 8% of my utilities based on my home office, but i enter the full amount, and turbotax figures the 8 percent for me.

Things like a computer, it will ask you how much of the time you use it for business or personal use.

Lingerie or regular clothing, I wouldn't personally write off because the wording states that if something can be used for personal use, that you can't write it off.

If in doubt though, definitely seek a professional. I took my taxes to a cpa for several years before attempting to use turbotax.

In turbotax, enter the full amounts of your expenses. After that, TurboTax will figure what percent you can write off.
This is what I was trying to say. Ya don't have to do the math or figure out what's allowed first, just enter the totals in Turbotax and they'll do it for you.

I took the simplied home office deduction. That took $5 per sq foot off , max 300 sq feet. So it took off $1500.
maybe that is why it’s not telling me how much. And not sure if I can take internet off as well after taking the simplied home office deduction.

I took the simplied home office deduction. That took $5 per sq foot off , max 300 sq feet. So it took off $1500.
maybe that is why it’s not telling me how much. And not sure if I can take internet off as well after taking the simplied home office deduction.

Wait what!? no! unless your dedicated work space is actually 300 sq ft don't do it. I can only imagine that would be a huge red flag.

Edit: Oh wait dont know what i was thinking 300sq ft isnt that unrealistic xD sorry its late i better get to bed

I would make sure that you actually measure your office to see how big it is in case you were to get audited. My room is pretty big, and it's only 143 sq ft. (11ft x 13ft)

If you take the simplified home office deduction, I don't believe you will need to enter any utilities, garbage service, etc.

You should still be able to write off your internet under "Communications" in the expenses area.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Thx Kylie. Are you able to write internet off 100% or just part for business? And if it’s just part for business, which is about 60 hrs per week how do you calculate it?
I mean I also use it for personal at times. So it’s confusing. Some I spoke to (not professional) said 100% internet can be deducted since it’s necessary for web camming.

You should still be able to write off your internet under "Communications" in the expenses area.
Thx Kylie. Are you able to write internet off 100% or just part for business? And if it’s just part for business, which is about 60 hrs per week how do you calculate it?
I mean I also use it for personal at times. So it’s confusing. Some I spoke to (not professional) said 100% internet can be deducted since it’s necessary for web camming.
Again, it should do the math for you.

Like AmberCutie said, I just enter the full amount that I paid for the entire year. Don't worry about the percentages of something unless turbotax asks you specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.