AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tax time help (CB)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2014
out of this world
Twitter Username
@rowdyrizzo
Tumblr Username
rowdyrizzo
Chaturbate Username
rowdyrizzo
2015 was my first year camming, not even a year, I started Nov 28th. I only made $450 and I'm not seeing any area on CB that includes tax information. Another job I had where I was an independent contractor only required that I file if my income was over $600, is this the same situation?

The minimum self-employment income requirement for filing for 2015 is $400. For wages it's much higher - $4000 to $23000 depending on filing status.

However, CB is not required to issue a 1099-MISC to you unless you earned more than $600, though I believe they are allowed to issue one for smaller amounts if they like.

So technically you're required to file even if the $450 was your only income for the year, or if any other W-2 income was under the limit ($10,300 if filing single). In practice, the IRS likely won't notice the $50. However, with such low income, it's very possible that credits would result in you getting money back from filing. More info here (and elsewhere): http://www.efile.com/tax/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return/

Reactions: SaffronBurke
The minimum self-employment income requirement for filing for 2015 is $400. For wages it's much higher - $4000 to $23000 depending on filing status.

However, CB is not required to issue a 1099-MISC to you unless you earned more than $600, though I believe they are allowed to issue one for smaller amounts if they like.

So technically you're required to file even if the $450 was your only income for the year, or if any other W-2 income was under the limit ($10,300 if filing single). In practice, the IRS likely won't notice the $50. However, with such low income, it's very possible that credits would result in you getting money back from filing. More info here (and elsewhere): http://www.efile.com/tax/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return/

Thank you! Ill keep an eye out for the form just incase

Thank you! Ill keep an eye out for the form just incase

They don't send 1099's for under $600, so you won't see it. If you do file, you can just enter the amount under "miscellaneous income". I have a few sites that don't send 1099's for one reason or another, so I combine them all into the miscellaneous income section.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ramblin
Status
Not open for further replies.