AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tethering from your mobile?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2016
Hey guys!
I'm completely new here... this is my first post actually haha.
I've been camming for almost a week now and I've really been enjoying it! And surprised that I've been doing decently for being new.
But I've been told by a couple people in my room that there is a 40 SECOND delay between cam/chat. When they said that I was surprised anybody stuck around to watch me at all with the lag being that bad..
In saying that, I have no idea how to get around this. I don't have WiFi so I'm currently stuck with tethering from my phone... which hasn't seemed to be a problem until I got told I was lagging.
So basically my question is - do or have any other models use their phone to tether and stream that way? And will I possibly just have to face the fact that I'm stuck with the lag unless I invest in WiFi?

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I'm completely new here... this is my first post actually haha.
I've been camming for almost a week now and I've really been enjoying it! And surprised that I've been doing decently for being new.
But I've been told by a couple people in my room that there is a 40 SECOND delay between cam/chat. When they said that I was surprised anybody stuck around to watch me at all with the lag being that bad..
In saying that, I have no idea how to get around this. I don't have WiFi so I'm currently stuck with tethering from my phone... which hasn't seemed to be a problem until I got told I was lagging.
So basically my question is - do or have any other models use their phone to tether and stream that way? And will I possibly just have to face the fact that I'm stuck with the lag unless I invest in WiFi?

Just to be clear, when you say no wifi, you're saying ZERO internet access at your house correct? I've heard people say they have internet access but do not have wifi capabilities to access their internet without an ethernet cable... in which case i would suggest buying a super long ethernet cable.

As far as tethering, you should check your data plan. If i recall, tethering can eat away at your data usage and the montly bill could skyrocket, depending on how much you use. (don't quote me on that though) If you end up paying an extra $30, 40, or 50+ for data overages, then investing internet would be worth it.

What is your ping and speeds when you do a speedtest? Especially if you do a speedtest to this server:
http://metapeer.com.speedtest.net/
(Go to that link, then click "test using preferred server"). This is the server MFC support has told me to test my speeds to.

When we were using tethering on a family phone we racked up a $1000 bill, so be careful.
But speaking as someone who hasn't cammed yet but watched them, I can't stream/watch on my current internet connection (upgrading this week!! woo!), yet I can watch without lag when I tether from my own mobile.
Just my two cents!

What is your ping and speeds when you do a speedtest? Especially if you do a speedtest to this server:
http://metapeer.com.speedtest.net/
(Go to that link, then click "test using preferred server"). This is the server MFC support has told me to test my speeds to.
Not OP, but do you think I could still cam with my speed? PING 13ms DOWNLOAD 10.51 mbps UPLOAD 0.64 mbps (although this goes as high as 0.94 when no one else is using the internet)
I'm in the country which is why the upload speed is slow low, and want to start camming again but don't know if my upload speed will let me broadcast clearly enough. Does anyone else think I can? I would be using CB.

Not OP, but do you think I could still cam with my speed? PING 13ms DOWNLOAD 10.51 mbps UPLOAD 0.64 mbps (although this goes as high as 0.94 when no one else is using the internet)
I'm in the country which is why the upload speed is slow low, and want to start camming again but don't know if my upload speed will let me broadcast clearly enough. Does anyone else think I can? I would be using CB.

I don't think 0.64 is high enough to cam. 0.94 yes, just barely, and as long as it doesn't drop any lower while you're using it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: marlasinger
Status
Not open for further replies.