AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Avengers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SweepTheLeg said:
His name was Phil :(

Did you notice they were still in the background working on him when Nick first told people his status? He could have made up everything, not just the cards.

My favorite quote of the whole movie.

Tony Stark - You might have missed a couple things, y'know, doing time as a Capsicle.

The Avengers was AWESOME. Fuck yeah. I missed the credits though...so, I guess I just have to go see it again!

Sdog1982 said:
My favorite quote of the whole movie.

Tony Stark - You might have missed a couple things, y'know, doing time as a Capsicle.

I have a feeling that Tony is vehicle for everything snarky Joss has ever wanted to snark.

Not a comic book guy (Worst. Post. Ever :?) but I fucking loved The Avengers. The action was insanely good and when there wasn't action there was at least some pretty good comedy. The story was Formula 101 but not every film needs a bitingly clever narrative or a dozen shocking twists to get by.
Also, Ruffalo's Hulk was the fucking mad notes.

I liked it. I still think 2d > 3d so I paid less for a better cinema experience:)

Captain America is still a shit "super" hero tho :( Slighty stronger than most people and a giant frisbee?
The film was all the better for having no one star, I think that kept it exciting all the way.

Also, does it really take less time to say "i'll tell you on the way" than to say "New York"?

Captain America is more a super hero for what he represents than what powers he does or not possess which was why he received the super soldier serum in the first place. It's difficult to show off all that when IronMan is shooting lasers, Thor is shooting lightning, and Hulk is smashing, but he provided the game plan and leadership for both the entire team of avengers and police while His frisbee protected him from both Loki's magical wand of destiny and Mjolnir, both of which destroyed everything else in it's path.

SweepTheLeg said:
Captain America is more a super hero for what he represents than what powers he does or not possess which was why he received the super soldier serum in the first place. It's difficult to show off all that when IronMan is shooting lasers, Thor is shooting lightning, and Hulk is smashing, but he provided the game plan and leadership for both the entire team of avengers and police while His frisbee protected him from both Loki's magical wand of destiny and Mjolnir, both of which destroyed everything else in it's path.

Captain America looks a bit under powered standing next to the Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, but the other two team members are ridiculous to take into a high powered fight. The only reason those two live is because the writers had to keep them alive. Ammo needs alone would have been the death of both of them.

I was more excited to see this movie than I am to see the new Batman. It was FUCKINGABSOLUTELYAWESOME!!!!!!!!! I was in no way disappointed or bored through out it and it made me actually appreciate Bruce Banner/The Hulk, who before this I really couldn't even attempt to like.

3 days later, only disappointment... Where were the SHIELD flying cars?! (or did I miss them?)

Shaun__ said:
SweepTheLeg said:

Captain America looks a bit under powered standing next to the Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, but the other two team members are ridiculous to take into a high powered fight. The only reason those two live is because the writers had to keep them alive. Ammo needs alone would have been the death of both of them.

Hawkeye and Black Widow were there as support. He called out where the baddies were, where the other teammates were, and shot down the stragglers. we saw what both did once they ran out of ammo and the heavy guns took over. I'm a hawkeye fanboy and some of the stuff I have seen him do has been bad ass- maybe it's because he is just a man with can't miss deadly aim but his quips are right up their with Spiderman but when he has to he can get down right intense. Watching him and spiderman fight side by side in the new avengers comics has to be one of the funniest stuff I've read side by side. I know this is a movie discussion not a comic discussion but since I have a familiarity with both I'll involve both.

SweepTheLeg said:
Hawkeye and Black Widow were there as support. He called out where the baddies were, where the other teammates were, and shot down the stragglers. we saw what both did once they ran out of ammo and the heavy guns took over. I'm a hawkeye fanboy and some of the stuff I have seen him do has been bad ass- maybe it's because he is just a man with can't miss deadly aim but his quips are right up their with Spiderman but when he has to he can get down right intense. Watching him and spiderman fight side by side in the new avengers comics has to be one of the funniest stuff I've read side by side. I know this is a movie discussion not a comic discussion but since I have a familiarity with both I'll involve both.

I would give Hawkeye a sniper rifle, and keep Black Widow in the field doing spy type stuff. They are both underutilized as they are right now. I am still not sure why they do not just put both of them in power armor of some sort though, since they are allied with Stark, if they want to fight aliens and metahumans.

I didn't expect that. Like the first Iron Man, I went into this hoping for something good, expecting something of a let down, and I'm a fan of Whedon. Both films blew me away, but this..... this made me remember why I love comics. And that whole ending after Banner says, "I'm always angry," that reminded me of my (I think) fourth birthday cake. Hulk smash indeed.

Reactions: CelticXkisses
my husband is a huge marvel comic book nut and in turn has gotten me into it the movie was amazing ! which is good i was worried with the way thor played out ... i think black widow and hawkeye where still kind of filler . maybe when avengers two comes out they will have every one like the pyms for instance.

it was amazing tho i would pay to see it again lol might actually buy this one

To be honest, even in the comics they are kind of filler- though they were both given their time to shine in this film. I was afraid they were going to get the colossus treatment where he's on screen for 10 seconds. 5 of which are in his normal state looking out the window with no lines what so ever.

mariocarner said:
Hey Guys,

I hobbies are watching movies and TV shows.
Last time i had watched The Avengers movie.
It is full of action and adventure.
When i watched it i had a goosebumps and
in this movie Ironman done outstanding work.

I know these guys are spambots but I love em. They're so cute :-D

Reactions: lordmagellan
Im a little late to the ballgame but I just saw the Avengers at the drive in (along with MIB3). I thought it was pretty awesome. I love the new Bruce Banner guy, and IronMan's one liners (calling Thor "Point Break" LOL). What really made me squee was the fact that the SHIELD flying aircraft carrier thingy is an ACTUAL US NAVY carrier! The CV 64 is the USS Constellation, a carrier that was decommissioned in 2003 and is basically rusting away, waiting to be torn apart and turned into scrap metal. It makes perfect sense for it to be repurposed as it was in the movie. The extra attention to detail like this instead of just throwing a number on a boat leaves a little something for history buffs such as myself.
As for MIB3.....snoozeworthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.