AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The death of LOL?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How do you laugh online?

• I still use LOL for old times sake.

• It's HEHE for Me!

• HAHA! Very funny indeed.

• I like EMOJI graphics.

• Basic text emoticons are easiest. :)

• Photos contain a thousand laughs.

• I do not laugh.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right when I was getting out of college (for the first time *cough*) in the mid-90's, the Internet was still this mythical thing where unknown events went down. My baptism by fire was playing Vampire: The Masquerade on mIRC. Because it was the mid-90's and during the week if we weren't chasing girls that's just what we did, especially because it got us in closer with different groups of girls. Specifically theater gals, and hey - that's a fun and sometimes risky Friday night right there in and of itself.

The first night I was in a chat room I kept seeing people say LOL and had no idea what the Hell it meant. Finally I sent a PM to one of the gals I was playing V:TM with and asked "Why is everyone repeating the name of Data's daughter from Star Trek: The Next Generation? I mean they do it over and over!"

Then she explained it to me. And I rightly felt a little embarrassed that I hadn't been able to piece it together from the context clues, putting my skills of deduction somewhere below the third grade level. Years later I would also learn that Data's daughter's name was Lal and not Lol, so hey - double-dumbass on me.

About a week after this went down I was explaining 'Netese' to a friend of mine who had not yet ventured into the dark recesses of the Interwebs, and described the LOL incident. To this day, when he and I chuckle, we'll say "LOL" (lawl) aloud. Like it's something a folksy hobo would say.

Heh heh. LOL. *nods his head*

Rarely use 'LOL'. Certainly not used it recently. I probably prefer 'Haha' or 'Teehee' or I use the short codes from MFC :giggle

What does get me a bit is those that use 'LOL' as a way of being a tit, but trying be be funny about it, so offending you, but I've put 'LOL' there so you can't shout at me.

'You look like poo today.....lol'
'I've just crashed your car......lol'

No, stoppit!! :joyful:

Reactions: WickedTouch
Rarely use 'LOL'. Certainly not used it recently. I probably prefer 'Haha' or 'Teehee' or I use the short codes from MFC :giggle

What does get me a bit is those that use 'LOL' as a way of being a tit, but trying be be funny about it, so offending you, but I've put 'LOL' there so you can't shout at me.

'You look like poo today.....lol'
'I've just crashed your car......lol'

No, stoppit!! :joyful:
You forgot "The pregnancy test is positive....lol".

The check is in the mail... lol.

where did "ROTFLMFAO" go?
I think it just stopped being popular because if it's hard to imagine someone actually laughing out loud then it would be even harder to imagine them rolling on the floor and laughing their ass off. Twitter generation posters would consider this to be an obese waste of characters where they could put an animated emote.:rofl:

On a side-note... I just came across a delightful use of LOL in the real world of MFC. Caught MY eyeballs anyway.
fiesty.lol.jpg
"Whoa. That's some nice cleavage. LOL."

The check is in the mail... lol.

I think it just stopped being popular because if it's hard to imagine someone actually laughing out loud then it would be even harder to imagine them rolling on the floor and laughing their ass off. Twitter generation posters would consider this to be an obese waste of characters where they could put an animated emote.:rofl:

On a side-note... I just came across a delightful use of LOL in the real world of MFC. Caught MY eyeballs anyway.
View attachment 56390
"Whoa. That's some nice cleavage. LOL."
Not working here. Re-up link?

I like to have a wide varity of words i use to put my amusement across, LOL, tee hee, he he , trolol <-- my fav... They all have a certain diffrence to them...

Or well not really....

Im just odd...:rock:

HeheheheHawwwwHaaaaLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.