AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The earth like planet they found

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2011
TN
Not sure if everyone knows but they found a planet that they believe could be very earth like and can support life. I just saw something showing they knew about it a long time ago.

bg4Po.jpg

Wonder if the economy is screwed up there too? :lol:

Reactions: sxycherrypie
CammiStar said:
I am going to go watch this now. Its been at least a few months since I have.

Cool, I hope you like it. I still need to finish Mostly Harmless. And Tokyo Vice. And Stranger Than Fiction... Yeah, internet got my free time by the balls :?

This doesn't surprise me. The universe is massive. So massive the human mind cannot comprehend just how big the universe is. I think it's incredibly naive to think that tiny Earth is the only planet in the universe that can hold life.

ViruSphere said:
This doesn't surprise me. The universe is massive. So massive the human mind cannot comprehend just how big the universe is. I think it's incredibly naive to think that tiny Earth is the only planet in the universe that can hold life.

Life? That is just your imagination. Everybody knows the population of the universe is zero.

Population​

None. Although you might see people from time to time, they are most likely products of your imagination. Simple mathematics tells us that the population of the Universe must be zero. Why? Well given that the volume of the universe is infinite there must be an infinite number of worlds. But not all of them are populated; therefore only a finite number are. Any finite number divided by infinity is as close to zero as makes no odds, therefore we can round the average population of the Universe to zero, and so the total population must be zero.

Only a matter of time til they found another planet with a life-supporting atmosphere, now we just need to develop faster-than-light travel so it doesn't take 50,000 years to send a probe there lol

I always think these are funny. They have been finding "earth like" planets for years and it's based off of watching the flicker. By watching how a tiny light flickers they can guess it's proximity to it's sun and assume it's atmosphere and landscape. not to mention the light we are watching flicker could be from a planet that exploded or died thousands of years ago.
Mind Blowing isn't it?

JoleneJolene said:
I always think these are funny. They have been finding "earth like" planets for years and it's based off of watching the flicker. By watching how a tiny light flickers they can guess it's proximity to it's sun and assume it's atmosphere and landscape. not to mention the light we are watching flicker could be from a planet that exploded or died thousands of years ago.
Mind Blowing isn't it?

Yeah not to mention that 600 light years is so ridiculously far away that it would never matter what they found or believed was there because there's more chance of finding aliens under your house than finding some way to reach a destination like that :p (btw that particular planet is still in existence as of at least 600 years ago :p)

Jupiter551 said:
JoleneJolene said:
Mind Blowing isn't it?

Yeah not to mention that 600 light years is so ridiculously far away that it would never matter what they found or believed was there because there's more chance of finding aliens under your house than finding some way to reach a destination like that :p (btw that particular planet is still in existence as of at least 600 years ago :p)

Using ion propulsion on a probe up to current levels of technology you can get up to 10,000 miles per hour after accelerating for 20 months. That means you would reach the planet in a little over 4,026,371 years.

Rats !! I guess that rules out and long weekend trips to go check it out.... :crybaby:

Shaun__ said:
Using ion propulsion on a probe up to current levels of technology you can get up to 10,000 miles per hour after accelerating for 20 months. That means you would reach the planet in a little over 4,026,371 years.
Sweet, so if we send a probe now then in 4000 years or so we'll discover what's there (assuming anyone remembered to notify future-nasa about the probe!) and can formulate a response of some kind to reach the planet in a round trip of about 8050 years! woohoo!

Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:
Sweet, so if we send a probe now then in 4000 years or so we'll discover what's there (assuming anyone remembered to notify future-nasa about the probe!) and can formulate a response of some kind to reach the planet in a round trip of about 8050 years! woohoo!

You need to add three zeros to that, but you are right we would have a long time to think of a response. Of course you would be running the risk that the probe would gain sentience and return to destroy us.

Attachments

• 606777.jpg
    606777.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: caireen
oh 4 million right.

Admittedly, sending a probe would be a longterm project; but every second we delay is one we can't scratch off that travel time.

Heh. If we sent a probe there now, long before it reached even a tiny fraction of the distance, and assuming we don't all kill each other first, Earth scientists will have figured a way around the FTL barrier and the probe would arrive at a planet already totally trashed by humans. :angry4:

Status
Not open for further replies.