AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The first time I bought WhatsApp.... and..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, I bought a model's WhatsApp.
There were no expectations of obviously being on the phone with her lots when she is at home or any other point...
HOWEVER...

She said I am not even allowed to message her with a "hi" when she is NOT at work. I can ONLY message her on WhatsApp when she is AT WORK.
(I thought/assumed the whole point of something like WhatsApp (maybe not other stuff like Snapchat, or Twitter) is to be able to communicate OUTSIDE of the work? - maybe you will say that was where I went wrong by "assuming" but, what is the point otherwise? I don't think it was wrong of me to think this)

Like I say, I would never expect to be on the phone with her all the time, heck, just some simple pleasantries are fine.. but to outright let me buy it then say I can only speak with her on it (messages, not calls or video) when she is at work..

But then the kicker? I messaged her on it to say hi, she said: "You can't message me now, I am at work".

Like.. what? So I purchased WhatsApp, but can only speak to her on it when she is at work, but then I can't message her on it when she is at work because she is working?
All in all, I could have just tipped for nothing. Flashes. Cam2Cam. Done a pvt, or whatever, as having her WhatsApp is pointless..

Lesson learned for this. Not necessarily that I should not purchase stuff like this in the future but rather, make sure I ask some important questions beforehand.

Sounds a bit like the studio slapped WhatsApp on her tip menu, handed her a phone, told her to keep buyers happy and she secretly (or her boyfriend openly) hates the whole thing. Dunno.
Technically you can't complain either, because you did get her number 🤷‍♂️

It probably wouldn't kill her (or the studio) if she sent a "behind the scenes" selfie from right before and right after work now and then, but arguing about it is equally pointless.

To be fair, I sell my KIK and Snapchat but it comes with no free chat time. It's priced appropriately too. You probably bought her ID thinking it's unlimited talk and text when she is "available..." However, if models did that concept we'd be endlessly talking to our fan base. Try asking for and paying for a text session when she is online next.

To be fair, I sell my KIK and Snapchat but it comes with no free chat time. It's priced appropriately too. You probably bought her ID thinking it's unlimited talk and text when she is "available..." However, if models did that concept we'd be endlessly talking to our fan base. Try asking for and paying for a text session when she is online next.

No definitely not, I genuinely do understand that out of work = your own time, so I would never try to tread too much onto that. Like i said for me it'd just be pleasantries, and with the occasional other little "get to know you" (nothing too personal, I dunno exactly, i never did it). Unfortunately, she already blocked/banned me for asking for the tokens back due to me seeing it as pointless and me explaining to her that I would just take her pvt instead.

@CheeseMoon I know technically it's right, but can you honestly all say you wouldn't have that assumption of at least being able to say a "hello" when she is NOT at work? But to then say I can't talk to her when she is not at work nor when she is at work... so I have a number for what purpose exactly? I hope everyone can understand my side of this and I don't come across as being silly or anything, I truly and firmly believe I am not in the wrong to have made the assumption - but that is not the main issue, it's the fact it's a catch 22 or something that I "I can't contact her at home and have to do it at work" but then "can't contact her on it at work because she is busy working". The even more frustrating part to me is that, I fully understand both sides: I understand when she is at home that is HER time, she wants to relax, and then I also understand she can't be chatting on it when she is at work (and it'd be pointless anyway since it's a chat-based site she is on!)..

Maybe I am wrong to assume, but I think different things you buy, give out a different impression as what to expect. For example, had I bought a Snapchat, i truly would have seen that more of a "me see her story and maybe she sends out sexy photos/vids and maybe me do the same (be it naughty or SFW photos" whereas WhatsApp is more "chat-based" and not one to be bought if you just want to be sending dick pics.

I don't believe it's just me that thinks this, I am sure of it? Maybe I am wrong, I don't know.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Maybe I am wrong to assume, but I think different things you buy, give out a different impression as what to expect. For example, had I bought a Snapchat, i truly would have seen that more of a "me see her story and maybe she sends out sexy photos/vids and maybe me do the same (be it naughty or SFW photos" whereas WhatsApp is more "chat-based" and not one to be bought if you just want to be sending dick pics.
Please don't get me wrong because of my somewhat snarky comment above. I would probably react the same way as you, but it could be the two of you entered into the service with different expectations. if she expected you to be happy with a monthly duckface/peace sign selfie that was slightly out of focus and snapped in the dairy section of her local supermarket, while you expected to hear how her day is going and how much she secretly love beans on toast and how great it is to tell you all this while being topless, it's going to be sour faces on both sides.

While I can certainly understand what @JessicaXOXOXO is saying, you still have this; when your tip menu contains "WhatsApp", what exactly is it we are tipping for? I know it can't be laid out in detail in the tip menu, but it would be nice to know roughly what the 1000 tokens will get you.

I've had both positive and negative experiences with models' SnapChats and WhatsApps, but none of them refused my hellos and howareyous. I don't do Whatsapp/SnapChat anymore though ...

Last edited:
It's more or less a "Buyer beware" when it comes to messaging apps. I've had Snapchat be really good, and I've also had them be nothing more than my paying for the same messages she sends to Twitter for when she's coming online. I've had WhatsApp be similar. Dead as can be, a "Respect my non-working time but don't message me when I'm working" type thing. But, on the flip side, some really good conversation.

TBH, I no longer buy it either. I've since deleted my Snapchat accounts, and pared down the list of models I talk to to only those who kept in contact while I was on break. The interesting thing about these models are they are the ones who gave it to me without my tipping for it. I did tip them for it after they gave it, and they were shocked. But, to me, that speaks volumes for their character.

Please don't get me wrong because of my somewhat snarky comment above. I would probably react the same way as you, but it could be the two of you entered into the service with different expectations. if she expected you to be happy with a monthly duckface/peace sign selfie that was slightly out of focus and snapped in the dairy section of her local supermarket, while you expected to hear how her day is going and how much she secretly love beans on toast and how great it is to tell you all this while being topless, it's going to be sour faces on both sides.

While I can certainly understand what @JessicaXOXOXO is saying, you still have this; when your tip menu contains "WhatsApp", what exactly is it we are tipping for? I know it can't be laid out in detail in the tip menu, but it would be nice to know roughly what the 1000 tokens will get you.

I've had both positive and negative experiences with models' SnapChats and WhatsApps, but none of them refused my hellos and howareyous. I don't do Whatsapp/SnapChat anymore though ...

LOL My kik is 25 tokens. Just my ID lol

A lot models don't bother explaining anything. They just add stuff to their tip menu and you get the bare minimum. Basically if it's something like snapchat or PM and it's cheap you usually have to keep tipping for it to keep messages flowing. The model leaves it ambiguous enough that things are at their discretion and they don't have to lock themselves into any arduous activity.

That's why I have an elaborate bio that over-explains everything... even thought most users clearly don't read it.

I don't think you wrong for assuming that "if someone gives their contact they want to talk to people". If you don't want to talk to people don't give your contact, and I don't see why it would be otherwise. I also don't get the "just to make them happy" thing. They'll be unhappy when the truth comes out later, anyway. If you don't wanna do it, just do it. :meh:

I wouldn't say stop buying contacts, but now you know to ask if they talk their fans, first. Lesson learned, right? :cat:

I love talking to my fans, because the people that I call fans tip me, and I like people that like what they see and address me respectfully! I made a private Instagram and Loyalfans for my fans, and I'm ok with people contacting me anytime. I'll get back to them when I feel like it! :singing: I'm all about client engagement and retention! I also have my boundaries. I boot people that are disrespectful.​

I also see some models selling Instagram for a few hundred tokens but because of the site's TOS it's all non-nude and they probably don't bother posting on there much. Buyer beware indeed.

I post non-nudes, but I told my fans it's mostly for fan engagement. Just because you can't post nudes doesn't mean you can't get creative! :artist:

I've bought two Whatsapp and one KIK account in the past (all Colombian studio models), and I've never had this issue, but these were all models that I had long, friendly relationships with.

If it's a model I don't know that well, I normally ask what they do with any social media they're selling.

There were no expectations of obviously being on the phone with her lots when she is at home or any other point...
HOWEVER...

She said I am not even allowed to message her with a "hi" when she is NOT at work. I can ONLY message her on WhatsApp when she is AT WORK.
(I thought/assumed the whole point of something like WhatsApp (maybe not other stuff like Snapchat, or Twitter) is to be able to communicate OUTSIDE of the work? - maybe you will say that was where I went wrong by "assuming" but, what is the point otherwise? I don't think it was wrong of me to think this)

Like I say, I would never expect to be on the phone with her all the time, heck, just some simple pleasantries are fine.. but to outright let me buy it then say I can only speak with her on it (messages, not calls or video) when she is at work..

But then the kicker? I messaged her on it to say hi, she said: "You can't message me now, I am at work".

Like.. what? So I purchased WhatsApp, but can only speak to her on it when she is at work, but then I can't message her on it when she is at work because she is working?
All in all, I could have just tipped for nothing. Flashes. Cam2Cam. Done a pvt, or whatever, as having her WhatsApp is pointless..

Lesson learned for this. Not necessarily that I should not purchase stuff like this in the future but rather, make sure I ask some important questions beforehand.
You might wanna ask for a refund, that sounds crazy. Maybe if you tell her that you didn't understand, and it's not a service you are actually, in fact, interested in, she will refund you. Or maybe she might give you a clip credit or something, in it's place?

That's why I have an elaborate bio that over-explains everything... even thought most users clearly don't read it.
And models apparently don't expect them to either. It's not uncommon to have several PMs and variations of "are you there?!?!" by the time you are finished reading a bio.
I fully expect to be banned one day because of my slow reading 😄

Yeah, although it's annoying when people kick up a fuss unfairly, when it's a situation where they have a right to, then I would hope the model would be understanding. I know, I have personally, given several refunds when an issue has been brought up, which was a fair one, and not the buyer's fault (i.e. I F'd up on a description, or maybe overextended myself and promised to get a custom done way faster than I was actually able to etc). If I am the one at fault, I'd know I would rather compensate the buyer, and keep some goodwill between us, than alienate that person, and leave a bad taste in their mouth. Or risk making them think ill of all SWs, because of a bad or unfair transaction, or perhaps a misunderstanding.

So politely worded, non-emotional emails, always get through to me in that instance and have the effect of making me want to compromise with the person. But you are British right Brett, so you have the polite thing pretty much stamped on your DNA. Prob no need to have told you that part.

ETA; I shared the British part for all of the non-Brits who don't understand us. We are pretty much raised from an early age, to put a huge priority on politeness and social etiquette. Hence why you guys always see me saying things, when I get mad, like: "Please f*** the Hell Off. Thank You."😆

Last edited:
HOWEVER...

I have communicated with models offline more than 50 times now. I actually love this for exactly the opposite reason you might imagine. When you talk to someone offline you very quickly realize how they really think about you. When I discover that a model is not going to fit into the niche I want her to be in (i.e., a real world friend with good sexual communication and honest emotional sharing), I stop spending time and money on her. Time is the most precious thing we have. So this lets me stop wasting it. I freely admit I am chasing something like a girlfriend experience, so obviously you will adjust your criteria for what makes a successful communication according to your goals, whatever those are.

Some cases that tell me that I need to spend less time with a model are:

* She takes many days to reply to comments

* She only talks when she is at work. That is okay when she has made it clear up front she has a boyfriend and is not going to chat from home.

* When you have not sent her a message, she will not initiate communication with you again until she has a financial incentive for doing so.

What is great about these messaging apps is that it lets you see a model's behavior as something entirely distinct from her words. I had one model who hit on me endlessly and told me she thought about me all the time. What a joke. She would only message me 10 minutes before her shift started and then during her shift. Someone who thinks about you all the time thinks about you when work is done, so this is the case where words and behavior contradict. I stop listening to the words and put more weight on the behavior. And this was a great thing: I could have wasted a lot of time on that model had I invested in her words only.

In any case, I want to find the models who are into me enough to carry on a conversation with me outside of work, where no immediate financial incentives motivate the conversation. That is a starting place for me wanting to invest in being with that model for a long time.

You got scammed. Unfortunately, my reading of that model's behavior is that she is acting with sociopathic tendencies. She did not consciously try to scam you. But she was fine with that being the result of other circumstances, and she had zero empathy to your situation. The fact that she blocked you is not only unprofessional, but really scummy behavior given the concern you communicated.

I am 90% sure that CB will refund you the money if you lodge a complaint. Explain you bought a service and she then arranged things to make it impossible for that service to ever be delivered. You did not want to contact CB and tried to resolve with the model. The model chose to block you rather than attempting to resolve the problem. Ask CB do they want that kind of model working on their site, who deliberately sells services they know they will not deliver, and who will not work with their customers to resolve problems. CB Support is pretty disorganized, but in an ideal world if enough customers report that kind of behavior and they are taking notes, at some point they will talk to the model.

P.S., Use Telegram instead of WhatsApp. Telegram is simply amazing, and the guy who runs the company is a true genius who is innovating at twice the speed of anyone else.

You got scammed. Unfortunately, my reading of that model's behavior is that she is acting with sociopathic tendencies. She did not consciously try to scam you. But she was fine with that being the result of other circumstances, and she had zero empathy to your situation. The fact that she blocked you is not only unprofessional, but really scummy behavior given the concern you communicated.

As much as I hate saying it like that, it's true. I tried to avoid saying it like that, but a scam is what it is. I would still suggest reaching out to the model before filing a complaint with Chaturbate, at running to risk of getting her banned taking away her income. If I could trust CB to reach to the model and discuss the issue, instead of banning her without any communication I would suggest that. Or, maybe encourage CB to remove her social media and talk to her, instead of banning her and saying "problem solved". Some might say she deserves to be banned because that's a shitty thing to do, but on the scale of crimes and atrocities I save people losing their income for racism and misogyny and stuff like that.

But, it's your money, and it depends on how you feel about it.

P.S., Use Telegram instead of WhatsApp. Telegram is simply amazing, and the guy who runs the company is a true genius who is innovating at twice the speed of anyone else.

You people left Telegram around a long time running neo-nazi telegram group got unearthed, right? You know, Elon Musk is innovative, too, but he also stole from sex workers while he was working about paypal. As far as I know, there are no major reasons to use Telegram over Whatsapp, or vise versa. I'm just saying, if we're going to suggest platforms based on who runs them let's think about that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
As much as I hate saying it like that, it's true. I tried to avoid saying it like that, but a scam is what it is. I would still suggest reaching out to the model before filing a complaint with Chaturbate, at running to risk of getting her banned taking away her income. If I could trust CB to reach to the model and discuss the issue, instead of banning her without any communication I would suggest that. Or, maybe encourage CB to remove her social media and talk to her, instead of banning her and saying "problem solved". Some might say she deserves to be banned because that's a shitty thing to do, but on the scale of crimes and atrocities I save people losing their income for racism and misogyny and stuff like that.

But, it's your money, and it depends on how you feel about it.

I agree the model does not deserve a ban, but I do not think Brett is responsible for how the platform interacts with its models. It would be bad to let people just run over us and be abusive because they might get in trouble if we report it.

That said, my general impression of CB support is they do nothing to the model in situations like this. It would take a lot of user complaints to generate an action, in which case it would be deserved. CB tends to terminate accounts more on issues like having doubts about your primary ID, doing things that violate rules inside your room, etc. MFC on the other hand, seems really eager to ban models based on any behavior that they deem to be not in MFCs interests. I am sure others here know more about how CB and MFC view these kinds of issues better than I ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.