AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The free PM feature for Vip members is badly designed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PandoraUnchained

Banhammered
Apr 12, 2020
CB - why amongst all the possible reward to give to VIP memebers you choose the free PM thing?

The site layout is clearly designed to have the main conversation in the open chat. Anyone that had to managed 10+ PMs on CB know how painful it is. You have to click on the name seing the (3) messages. THen you start to answer to him, then you notice a more important member writting to you. you switch and you always end by sending the wrong message to the wrong member. You cannot even have a notification about the message to see if the member has sent you a :) or a long message. So sometimes I receive a long message in PM while I'm in action,I decide to read it later, and I'll end by forgetting about it.

For models working with helpers this is even worse - as the helpers cannot write all the messages while the model is away from keyboard and send them all at once while the model is typing. It's working this way on Stripchat, MFC, CamSoda and BongaCams.

Finally this gives bad habits to VIP mems - I never had a good tipper/payer amongst people using the free PM feature. I try to discourage PMs setting a high price for them, but I always end with 10+ members writting "forcePms" to me at each strem. Either I ignore them and they are vexed and they leave, or I notify them that PMs are not free and either they leave (80%) or they start to argue "I already pay CB for having free PMs so why should I pay it twice?" (20%).

THere is a plenty of stuff that CB could give to VIP members, why choosing something that the site is cleary not designed for?

As a user I also find excessive pm'ing to models annoying, but basically it is the only benefit there is to become a supporter, besides the initial 200 'free' tokens.

When I started out on CB I was lured into the deal, but that didn't last long. Now I see no benefit to being a supporter. In the 2 rooms I go I am either a mod or a Fanclub member, so I have pm privileges in both places, but I try to restrict my pm'ing in both rooms.

As a model you are not obliged to answer PM from supporter members, you could choose to let them know that unless the subject of the PM is unsuited for the general chat you will answer by voice, and if they want a private conversation with you they should take you to private, if you have that option open.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
Oh trust me cb is still fine! i just ignore pms and i tell to the room sorry only tip notes, no pms.. but for example stripchat is killing me with this option everyone sending messages and add friends and all this bulshit . 2 nights ago i was online, one of highest tippers there send me pm .. hi baby why u dont answer your pm? told him i cant fking see pms while im on u need to always go and check is 100 times whorse then cb. and he said i comunicate only on pms and he left, i was so pissed off that i closed and i end my night onlnie after 1 hour.. Site need to understand that we cant stay on pms with 300 guys a day., this option only start dramas and we lose tippers , i see daily pissed off tippers that are leaving becouse i wasnt checing his pm when he arived .. anyway every single guy is abusing this and sending u messages, imposible to find the tipper message.. I guess is a good option for models with few people in the room so she can give thema ttention and try to convinge them to tip, but for models with lots of users means only losing tippers, we could never handle hundred of notifications while we are having a show on . Also this add me to friend option hope chaturbate will never add it, if you dont add them they go and never come back, and if u add and not stay to lose time to talk to them again they pissed off.. Just let us do our show please, if this guys want attention they can go private, not pms, friends list and whatever free brain fuck .

Upvote 0
"I already pay CB for having free PMs so why should I pay it twice?" (20%).
This you can explain on CB (if you really agree to bother with explaining) that they can PM anybody in the room, even other viewers and that's what is sold by CB's status. But you charge PM because your time has a price.
If they're greedy enough to not understand, they won't stay and anyway won't interest you.

I would never respond to "forced Pm" and I don't know any model who does it.
for the rest, the 'TAB' key is your friend to switch to unread messages and don't stress, count on the patience of your best followers they'll adapt to your reaction time

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.