AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Glaring of the Glasses!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2014
Hello ladies! :hello2:

So here goes my first post on the forums, I've used the search feature on the site :-D and the infamous Google, but I haven't been able to find a sufficient answer.

The thing is I'm pretty much blind without my glasses. I have contacts but due to lack of funds I could only afford the cheapies...so they stick to my eyeballs :shock: and I just generally can't see even if I have them in. To top it off my face is the kind of the face that needs glasses, so I'd really like to wear them on cam. However, when I do wear them I get this terrible glare effect, causing the room to not be able to see my eyes and therefore rendering me soulless.

A series of Google searches indicated that changing the position of my lights should do the trick. My original set up was just one over head light (with a daylight bulb), but after reading some more information on Camgirl Wiki I added one of the right and left of the room, both positioned behind my cam.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do with the lighting, you can still see the darn reflection of my computer screen where my eyes should be!

...just now talking myself through this has given me the idea that when I get my tripod in the mail maybe that will solve the problem, since when it gets here I will no longer be looking at the computer screen and the webcam at the same time.

Any other thoughts from other ladies who wear glasses?

yes well, a computer screen will always reflect in glasses when you look at it. no matter the camera position.

only thing you can do about that is nót looking at the screen.

but putting the camera on a tripod away from your screen will help a bit, because that at least it won't glare when you're looking into the camera.

Fay_Galore said:
yes well, a computer screen will always glare in glasses when you look at it. no matter the camera position.

only thing you can do about that is nót looking at the screen.

but putting the camera on a tripod away from your screen will help a bit, because that at least it won't glare when you're looking into the camera.

Seconding this advice. I have my can to the side and higher than my computer, so when I talk to viewers, they get a good, clear view of my face without any interference. And using a tripod gives you a lot more options for cam placement, too!

Do you have an anti-reflective coating on your glasses? That would definitely help if you don't.

Also, you might be able to find an anti-glare filter that fits over top of your computer screen to reduce the reflections from your computer screen.

KylieJacobs said:
Do you have an anti-reflective coating on your glasses? That would definitely help if you don't.

Also, you might be able to find an anti-glare filter that fits over top of your computer screen to reduce the reflections from your computer screen.

I have anti-reflective coating on both pairs of my glasses and I find it doesn't help much at all for camming. In real life it works amazingly, on cam all it does is make the glare on my glasses green instead of the normal white. :icon-cry:

My glow from my C920 off my glasses is super blue. Which sometimes accentuates my eyes, which are already super blue. Then sometimes it just makes me look like an alien.

:lol:

The whole camera not straight on in front of you thing, as others have said seems to solve this pretty well for me as well. I also have the anti-reflective ripoff on my glasses! My best solution though is...I just don't film many of my clips with my glasses on. Ha.

To get rid of the glare from the computer screen I just turn it down to the lowest brightness. It makes it a little harder to see what's on the screen but it takes away the glare for me 100%!

NoelleBright said:
KylieJacobs said:

I have anti-reflective coating on both pairs of my glasses and I find it doesn't help much at all for camming. In real life it works amazingly, on cam all it does is make the glare on my glasses green instead of the normal white. :icon-cry:
I used to have the glare problem really bad and I got anti-reflective coating for my new ones and it changed everything. It's amazing and I could never go back to regular glasses.

I get mine from http://www.zennioptical.com and the anti-reflective coating is just 5 bucks. They have a shit ton of cheap frames so it's worth trying out. Honestly, for me, it was one of the best investments I ever made in camming.

Edit! to show difference.

Attachments

• My Snapshot183.jpg
    My Snapshot183.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 151
  • My Snapshot182.jpg
    My Snapshot182.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 151
I hate wearing mine for this reason... haha..

i actually mostly get around it just by tilting my screen and head strategically. :p

Reactions: goldenaye666
VeronicaChaos said:
NoelleBright said:
KylieJacobs said:

I used to have the glare problem really bad and I got anti-reflective coating for my new ones and it changed everything. It's amazing and I could never go back to regular glasses.

I get mine from http://www.zennioptical.com and the anti-reflective coating is just 5 bucks. They have a shit ton of cheap frames so it's worth trying out. Honestly, for me, it was one of the best investments I ever made in camming.

Ahhh thank you for linking to that site! My eye insurance only covers contacts or glasses and I like having both but don't like having to pay so much out of pocket for one but that site is sooo reasonably priced! :-D

AudreyMyers said:
Ahhh thank you for linking to that site! My eye insurance only covers contacts or glasses and I like having both but don't like having to pay so much out of pocket for one but that site is sooo reasonably priced! :-D

As another option, if you have decent frames that you like you can always just get new lenses put in them. When I was 18 I bought a really good pair of eyeglass frame that were bendable, made with flexon. Every two or three years since I just get an eye exam and then pay around $50 or $60 for new lenses. That's the higher quality impact resistant polycarbonate lenses, glass is less expensive. I do two pair this way. One for normal use and another always tinted 80% gray i leave in the car for driving during the day.

They'll try to tell you that you should get new frames for a variety of reasons. My favorite is they can't get new parts should these break since they're so old. I just look at them and ask what parts that might be since there are no replaceable parts on them in the first place. And then they'll sometimes also tell you there's a $10 'tracing' fee due to it not being in their computer. Which is also bullcrap but I go with it. It's still cheaper than even their specials they're running on full pairs of glasses.

The frames are where their main profit margin is, so if you can avoid buying them every time it's much cheaper. And if they won't do it, just take your prescription elsewhere. Even walmart eyecare centers will put the lenses in old frames for about the same price. And when you do get the new lenses tell them you also want new plastic pieces that fit over the ears and new nose pads put on. I've never even been charged for those and it makes em look like new glasses every time.

Been on the same frames for the past 26 years now.

VeronicaChaos said:
NoelleBright said:
KylieJacobs said:

That's where I got mine from with the coating but it hasn't really helped. :(
I'm gonna take a picture when I get the chance so you can all see what I'm talking about. I look like I'm from The Fly when I wear them on cam.

goldenaye666 said:
VeronicaChaos said:
http://www.zennioptical.com

They're good & cheap. Same for http://www.goggles4u.com. Lot of the promo codes get put out that makes both sites even cheaper too.
http://www.couponchief.com/zennioptical and http://coupons.thefind.com/coupons/store/goggles4u/

I personally like http://www.eyebuydirect.com/ over Zenni! Still low prices, but EBD has much more of a selection, I've found.

I've bought like... 4 pairs of glasses from EBD and have been impressed with all of them. Also, GET THE ANTI-GLARE COATING. It is worth it, 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.