AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Home Stretch

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
So now that the month is more than halfway finished I wanted to give an update on my feelings on Mega May...

In my original post, I mentioned that I was shooting for top 5. Ultimately I had no idea how things would go, and even when people told me over and over that I could attain #1, I didn't get ahead of myself. It really isn't like me to be that overly optimistic.

So now we are at day 17 and I've consistently been #2 or #3 and bounced into the first place spot for hours at a time. I feel like it may be within reach. Since I don't believe I'll ever be in this position again, as it's taking it's toll on me in various ways, I am just going to go ahead and go "balls to the wall" and say let's do it! It really may be my only shot at it, ever, so if I didn't try my hardest, I'd be disappointed in myself.

I am explaining my intentions to all of you here and now so you understand where I'm coming from. I know it's harder for people on the other side of the computer screen to really know what it's like to be in my position, so I feel I'm a bit misunderstood at the moment. Some of my actions and behaviors lately may have been taken in the wrong way, but ultimately I am still the same Amber you have come to know, I am just pushing for a goal right now.

So honestly what I need right now is just the support from those of you who I consider my internet friends. What do I mean by support? I don't mean support by spending tokens. I mean not assuming that since some of my actions are different this month that I am changing as a person. It means having some faith in me. It means trying to help me stay positive even in the face of possible disappointment. We're almost there, we're in the home stretch! I know we can make it and possibly be victorious if we stick together. :)

In the next two weeks I will be trying to put in as many hours as I can without going too crazy. I also have fun things planned for this coming weekend since I won't be able to do my usual group and private stuff. I am looking forward to having some fun with all of you, so let's enjoy!

I like others I'm sure know you're pushing for that #1 spot, and I say GO FOR IT!

I've seen some things that were a little different than usual, but I know you're pushing, and I'm not worried one bit.

This is Mega May damn it and NOTHING should hold you back, at least for this month :p

Just know that we're backing you one way or another.

Maybe you should have tried Fun February instead, as you would have fewer days to push. :lol: Please don't take that the wrong way.

Anyway, while I don't claim to fully understand everyone else, I may be able to try and empathize. When I aim to be #1 for other things, people often misunderstand my behaviours and actions. However, when I explain my intentions, the communication barrier is broken and things are out in the open, and people are appreciative. So I applaud you for your internalization of your feelings and sharing your thoughts with us.

I look forward to these fun events.

Jason314 said:
Maybe you should have tried Fun February instead, as you would have fewer days to push. :lol: Please don't take that the wrong way.

Anyway, while I don't claim to fully understand everyone else, I may be able to try and empathize. When I aim to be #1 for other things, people often misunderstand my behaviours and actions. However, when I explain my intentions, the communication barrier is broken and things are out in the open, and people are appreciative. So I applaud you for your internalization of your feelings and sharing your thoughts with us.

I look forward to these fun events.

Well said Jason, thank you :).

Having goals--although they bring a bit of stress--is always a fulfilling thing. Plus, when it's over you may find that the stress was more helpful than not.

Most of all though, we want you to enjoy yourself as much as possible, Amber.

I had talked to someone the other day who did feel like they were seeing another side of you this month and I thought they were being silly. I still do. You're still the same Amber who makes me smile and be happy every time I see you. The only thing that's different is you have a goal in mind. There's nothing wrong with that.

If people have been complaining about you changing they are mistaken. If I pick up on any changes it is simply more stress. I know if I had to drastically increase my work quota for a month I would be stressed too. I have been enjoying Mega May its like being sports fan and even though I am a small contributer I want Amber to win. So keep pushing the home stretch .

You can do it! Most certainly! =)

It's very awesome of you to share your thoughts in your blog. I think a lot of people seem to forget that even though being a cam model is super awesome (and we are lucky to have a wicked job)... It can be A LOT of work... And you are doing super awesome Amber. Keep it up!

:h:

I wasn’t going to really say anything here, but I feel like I have to make a couple of points here.

Now, I will admit, I have told Amber that things have felt a little off this month with the extra effort to get top 5 #1 on Miss MFC. But in hindsight, I’m an idiot for thinking this way. And there are two reasons for that:

1- Last time I checked, Amber doesn’t have another job. MFC is her job. And she has to try to make as much money as she can in this job. So she has every right to be calling for as many tips as she wants to. At least she’s not some like some models who ask for a ton of tokens just to see their face! (see the Cam Girls General Discussion area if you don’t know what I’m talking about there)

2- Now, she has a goal, but it’s going to be hard to reach. She’s going to have to work hard to get there. Does this mean that she might have to be a bit of a “token whore” to get as high as she can? Possibly. But all of us should remind ourselves that this is still Amber. She’s still going to be sexy. She’s still going to be silly. She’s still going to be everything we expect Amber to be.

As long as everyone remembers that, we can all enjoy things these next few days. And hopefully, when midnight comes on May 31st and we turn to June, we will see Amber squeeing with joy as she sees herself as the winner of Miss MFC for May.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I appreciate it. :)

Keep in mind, when I do occasionally guilt the crowd for not pitching in with tokens, it's not those of you who've already helped out that I'm aiming it at. It's all the people who sit quietly in the background, with tokens in their pockets, watching me touch my body in free chat and not throwing a few nickels my way. :) Those of you who I talk to in my chat room on a daily basis are NOT the target of my guilt trips!

I'll also take this opportunity to mention that this weekend is "that time" (ahem, yeah you know what I'm talking about) and so I won't be able to do my usual bread-and-butter group shows or privates. I have a couple special shows planned that I can do in free chat. I know I won't be able to make as much as I do on a regular night, so if anyone is around for these shows and has an idea to help raise tokens please feel free to speak up! But for the most part, I will have to depend on giggles instead of ass smacks and jiggles for tokens this weekend.

AmberCutie said:
Keep in mind, when I do occasionally guilt the crowd for not pitching in with tokens, it's not those of you who've already helped out that I'm aiming it at. It's all the people who sit quietly in the background, with tokens in their pockets, watching me touch my body in free chat and not throwing a few nickels my way. :) Those of you who I talk to in my chat room on a daily basis are NOT the target of my guilt trips!

Thank goodness. I was getting worried that I... oh, wait a minute... I only come to chat about 4 or 5 times a week, not 7 during your Mega May schedule.

I guess I have an excuse to be there each night. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.