AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"The Idiot and the Camgirl"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Some guys are just idiots and don't know how to behave.
2. Some guys get so wrapped up in the fantasy woven by the interactions on the camsite that they lose sight of the fact it's a job (hopefully a fun job) to her and is supposed to just be fun for him.
3. It's totally possible to become friends with someone through a camsite but to EXPECT anything from that friendship is folly. In fact, having expectations beyond a basic level of communication on any friendship isn't a great way to handle said friendship.
4. People keep mentioning coming to a camsite to meet a girl. The flow of the thread may have headed in that direction a little but I want to point out that the OP has mentioned repeatedly that a relationship wasn't his goal when he signed up for the camsite. Unless one of us has perfected telepathy we probably need to take his word on it until there are clues that suggest otherwise. So far I haven't noticed any.

So I'll sum my points up to agree that while anything is possible with relationships, on a camsite it will be something you stumble into rather than some sort of conquest. While possible, it's INSANELY unlikely so getting your hopes up for such a thing is dumb.

To the OP - Feel free to keep those lines of communication open as that cannot hurt but at this point I think the most you can get out of this is an internet friend if you are even remotely interested in such. It's impossible for you to empathize completely with the situation she's in without having experienced something like it but hopefully you've gained enough insight that you can understand and cope with how things have played out and not hold it against her.

You models keep driving home the point that MFC is not a dating website, which I completely agree with, but it doesn't help that some [lucky] guys (and girls!) do indeed meet and bang camwhores on MFC. It's like picking up a chick in the recovery room at Planned Parenthood. Difficult, but not impossible.

bawksy said:
You models keep driving home the point that MFC is not a dating website, which I completely agree with, but it doesn't help that some [lucky] guys (and girls!) do indeed meet and bang camwhores on MFC. It's like picking up a chick in the recovery room at Planned Parenthood. Difficult, but not impossible.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahahah!
Yeah it also doesn't help that said lucky guys will brag all they can about it :p

Sevrin said:
Guys will hit on women whenever and wherever we encounter them. It doesn't matter whether they have a good chance of finding a life partner or soul mate or mother of their children. Women will appreciate the attention of guys who admire them and treat them with respect. What matters is that there are men and there are women. Saying that its inappropriate or futile is missing the point. It's like saying that it's inappropriate to flirt in a grocery store or library or workplace.

I love what you said here, Sevrin. That shivery thrill of flirting is what life is all about! It feels really good and yes, I'm flattered when guys give back to me while I'm giving it my all for them, be that in compliments, great conversation, tongue-in-cheek marriage proposals, or tip form. I have a very short list of stellar regulars who it might be fun to meet in some incredibly public place, but the odds of that happening are slim. Even though we flirt like mad! Most guys understand the difference between wistful wishing and creepy pressure. You flirt with the girl at the grocery store but you don't secretly follow her home, do you?

Of course you want to get closer to someone you find amazing, and to fantasize about it. She's pushing the "woah, cute/funny/sexy girl" button which is right next to the "let's run away together" button in your brain. But it's up to you to stop yourself and realize that there is one of her in that room but there are upwards of 200 of you, most of them trying to mooch favors out of her. And a girl can spot a guy trying to skip straight to the friend zone a mile away.

Ultimately, if you don't compensate her for her time, you're a time suck. That doesn't mean tipping yourself broke, but tipping what is comfortable for you; it's the thought that counts. Some of the sweetest moments I've had are guys tipping me their last 7 tokens or whatever, because I can feel the intention behind it - it goes straight to my heart. Tipping, in any amount, is the best way to show your appreciation, so your comment that you never did was a red flag for me. I LOVE my job, I have so much fun, feel so good, laugh so hard, but at the end of the day it is still a job - not an internship, not a hobby. Don't be one of those guys who are "above tipping". Why would I want to take time out of my busy day, risk my safety, ruin my privacy, to meet a guy who isn't even treating me right while he's in my room? It feels icky to even think about.

TeslaWynn said:
Of course you want to get closer to someone you find amazing, and to fantasize about it. She's pushing the "woah, cute/funny/sexy girl" button which is right next to the "let's run away together" button in your brain. But it's up to you to stop yourself and realize that there is one of her in that room but there are upwards of 200 of you, most of them trying to mooch favors out of her. And a girl can spot a guy trying to skip straight to the friend zone a mile away.

Agree with all of that, Tesla, but I do know that I'll beat the piss out of those other 199 guys to get to you. After that, feel free to do your damage. :-D

I totally saw this topic subject coming but just thought it would be in reverse. You girls really need to stop PM'ing me your GPS coordinates in chat.

Don't hurt me.

:lol: :lol:

TeslaWynn said:
You flirt with the girl at the grocery store but you don't secretly follow her home, do you?
WTF? You saw me? Damn... I thought I was really well hidden. :p

TeslaWynn said:
Of course you want to get closer to someone you find amazing, and to fantasize about it. She's pushing the "woah, cute/funny/sexy girl" button which is right next to the "let's run away together" button in your brain. But it's up to you to stop yourself and realize that there is one of her in that room but there are upwards of 200 of you, most of them trying to mooch favors out of her.
I agree on the "run away together" button confusion thing and have totally been guilty of it when a lovely girl has flirted with me. As far it being up to us to put everything into perspective, I'll again agree but say that sometimes it's a struggle so bear with those of us who aren't super strong willed as we attempt to wrap our heads around it. Like I said... lost in the fantasy. :p

You see: gorgeous, accomodating, friendly, flirty dream come true.

She sees: text on a screen.

Jebbaz said:
Jupiter551 said:
You see: gorgeous, accomodating, friendly, flirty dream come true.

She sees: text on a screen.
Thts y u ned 2 vew my cam bb!

bb i promise i'm dressed. i juz want u 2 see if i'm cute.

She sees: text on a screen.[/quote]
Thts y u ned 2 vew my cam bb![/quote]

bb i promise i'm dressed. i juz want u 2 see if i'm cute.[/quote]
y u no liek me bb? I promise yu think I cute! :lol:[/quote]

my dik is HUGE 2. i primise you liek it. it peircd and cum all over. OOWWWWWOWWWWWWWW! i'm cummmmmmin! for u bb

Mirra said:
TeslaWynn said:
You flirt with the girl at the grocery store but you don't secretly follow her home, do you?
WTF? You saw me? Damn... I thought I was really well hidden. :p

TeslaWynn said:
Of course you want to get closer to someone you find amazing, and to fantasize about it. She's pushing the "woah, cute/funny/sexy girl" button which is right next to the "let's run away together" button in your brain. But it's up to you to stop yourself and realize that there is one of her in that room but there are upwards of 200 of you, most of them trying to mooch favors out of her.
I agree on the "run away together" button confusion thing and have totally been guilty of it when a lovely girl has flirted with me. As far it being up to us to put everything into perspective, I'll again agree but say that sometimes it's a struggle so bear with those of us who aren't super strong willed as we attempt to wrap our heads around it. Like I said... lost in the fantasy. :p
Oh I get caught up in the fantasy of it too, depending on the wit and charm and tenderness of the said regular! I love that little thrill of connecting with someone one-on-one, it's what makes this job so rewarding.

And yes, I totally spotted you in the bushes. Hydrangea bushes usually don't breathe so fast.

The internet is for looking at, not living with.

If you want a warm body, try buying a gal a drink at your local watering hole or something. It's easier, and your chances of actually getting somewhere are far higher.

Turn on your internet, wave hello to your online acquaintances, be polite to the cam girls, and whatever you do, don't fall in love. They ain't there to fall in love.

IF THEY ARE there to fall in love, masturbating on cam for 100 guys at a time waiting for Mr.Right to drop 1000 tokens and his phone # lets be honest, she has some serious personal issues you don't want to bring home to meet your mom.

And visa versa... if she gets a guy in her room who drops a few bills and starts falling in love, she knows he has some serous personal issues she doesn't wanna bring home either.

For everything (turn turn turn) there is a season (turn turn turn) and a time to every purpose under heaven.

Hum that song to yourself while surfing for camgirls.

Because the fruit you are shopping for is not in season on MFC.

lol nicely put paulie. agreed. fuck I can't help but hear paulie from the sopranos read out your posts..

Paulie Walnuts said:
try buying a gal a drink at your local watering hole or something

Bad advice. That shit doesn't work anymore. Too many girls are experts at getting free drinks out of guys and then disappearing.

bawksy said:
Paulie Walnuts said:
try buying a gal a drink at your local watering hole or something

Bad advice. That shit doesn't work anymore. Too many girls are experts at getting free drinks out of guys and then disappearing.

Huh. That's weird cos lately I've noticed these chicks kinda wandering over from the bar, drink in hand hitting on me :whistle:

PS lol I just realized...I've spent a fair bit of time in bars and clubs over the years, picked up a few women and I've NEVER bought a chick a drink. I mean I've bought a drink for someone I was friends with or a girlfriend but never "bought a chick a drink" lol.

An interesting and maybe inspirational true tale of how I met my current (going on 15 yrs now) GF.

In a bar... I'm shooting pool. I suck at shooting pool. I always lose but hey, I have a good time. My GF was there with some asshat who was paying more attention to the other gals than to her and she was watching me laugh and lose repeatedly.

Unknown to me, she gave this guy 50 bucks to let me win one. I was impressed with myself. I high fived everyone, I did a victory dance. The next day she showed up at my doorstep. Was it my smooth victory dance? Was it my devil may care attitude at losing all the time? Was it the fact I was the only one in the bar drinking coffee and not booze? Who knows. She didn't tell me she paid the guy off until about 5 yrs later. :lol:

Women do things to get you if they want you. The real keepers, are creatively devious about it and don't always tell you why they did it. She still wont. But I'm glad she did.

The point; This sort of interpersonal improvisational interaction you can't buy or find for free on the internet. Sure there are rare exceptions for every rule but for the most part it's a fail.

Ya want my take on the Op.... I think the girl woke up one morning and suddenly realized that she is not in any way the person the OP thinks she is, and had an "oh shit" moment.

Another real problem with the internetz.... a depressed introvert can easily be an outgoing social butterfly in front of a webcam, but when its turned off, be a completely different person. When those 2 worlds start to intersect, it can be really frightening for some people.

I suspect your camgirl sweetheart stood for a brief terrifying few minutes in that intersection and shit a brick, and the fault of the situation was not entirely yours.

Ive been working on and in the internetz since people were saying WTF is an internet. I've seen people I know on both sides of that intersection shit bricks when they woke up and realized "I'm not me on the internet... on noez."

It is easier to be extroverted through the filter provided by the net. At the same time, I'd almost say what you see of me here is a lot like what I am once I warm up to a person as opposed to what most people would get as a first impression from me. Could our internet personas often be even MORE representative of how we think and want to act because of reduced inhibitions? On the internet, are we ourselves with infinitely more balls? :think:

Good points though, Paulie.

Reactions: JimsX
Mirra said:
It is easier to be extroverted through the filter provided by the net. At the same time, I'd almost say what you see of me here is a lot like what I am once I warm up to a person as opposed to what most people would get as a first impression from me. Could our internet personas often be even MORE representative of how we think and want to act because of reduced inhibitions? On the internet, are we ourselves with infinitely more balls? :think:

i'm a GIGANTIC pussy in real life, i take pretty much zero risks. so i have huge balls on the internet. :D

Mirra said:

so we're us on coke?

The opposite also happens, some people are the BEST sort of people you could ever want to meet online, but are total assholes offline.

A couple I know who have been long divorced has this kinda issue. His ex wife's main bitch about him was "If you were as half as nice to people as you are online we wouldn't have any problems" (surprise, they met online).

it seems that his online self was what she was looking for, she was being fed all the sort of traits a woman could ask for (which I think, going both ways happens quite a bit) but that facade on his part lasted about 6 moths in real life, where his real personality just relaxed and took over again.

Of course, this happens in real life all the time, people end up not being the people you marry or thought you knew in a few months. Perhaps we should all choose one personality for both worlds and stick to it.

Paulie Walnuts said:
The opposite also happens, some people are the BEST sort of people you could ever want to meet online, but are total assholes offline.

A couple I know who have been long divorced has this kinda issue. His ex wife's main bitch about him was "If you were as half as nice to people as you are online we wouldn't have any problems" (surprise, they met online).

it seems that his online self was what she was looking for, she was being fed all the sort of traits a woman could ask for (which I think, going both ways happens quite a bit) but that facade on his part lasted about 6 moths in real life, where his real personality just relaxed and took over again.

Of course, this happens in real life all the time, people end up not being the people you marry or thought you knew in a few months. Perhaps we should all choose one personality for both worlds and stick to it.

Another factor is that you can choose your time online, and can take breaks that you want - distance. In reality, you're stuck close to the person and cannot necessarily get the space you've previously had and therefore feel smothered.

Paulie Walnuts said:

Yeah... this is definitely not unique to the internet. Maybe easier to do on the net but not unique. I don't remember who I was talking to but basically their argument as to why you should always know someone for over a year before you marry them is that after a year, chances are you'd have gotten a glimpse of the real them at least once and could go from there. They went on to explain that when someone's trying to impress another person they very well may put up a good facade for 6 months or more.

Relationships are scary shit, amirite?

Shit, my Gf and I thought that too, lets date for a few yrs and see if we can still stand the sight of each other after that.

By that time we both figured why ruin a great friendship by getting married. :lol:

I'm and old bull that never leaves the yard and shes a free butterfly that always comes back.

We both believe that old saying, if ya love something set it free, if it loves you, it'll come back.

If it doesn't come back, then you fucked up. Deal with it.

Well...after reading all these posts I definately feel an exception to rule. I'm currently seeing a cam-girl and to be completely honest it happened purely by accident. I had no intentions on MFC other than a little fun and flirting.....and 12 months later we are spending 6 weeks together (living together) as a "test".....living in one's physical space is entirely different than "Skype-life". Admittedly it was a big risk for both of us....especially for her....I'm mean there's plently of weirdo's out there. Having said that...I also had thoughts of "WTF am I thinking".

Aside from any misgivings we decided to meet half-way.....European city/Madrid. (I'm an Aussie). We spent 6 weeks together and couldn't be happier with each other's company. We have organised 2 additional visits for the future already. She's staying with me this November and I will be staying with her next April....

On a side note...I realise many guys on MFC are creepy weirdo's but there are also some genuinely nice, attractive, normal and intelligent guys who just like watching some pron in the chat rooms. I wouldn't suggest for a moment to treat MFC as a dating site because it obviously isn't but who knows......dating has changed.

I expect some negative comments to my post....and maybe some positive one's also.....its all good.....by posting I'm fair game..lol.

Cheers Ladies and Gents....just thought I would share a good story from the world of MFC....Mozzii

I realise many guys on MFC are creepy weirdo's
That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day.
:lol:

Hey, some of life's most interesting shit happens by accident. :thumbleft:

TeslaWynn said:

I did this on accident, once. How was I to know she was the new neighbor across the street?!

Yeah, ok, I got nothing on the topic, really. Just, like "Do whatever feels comfortable." I suppose.

My opinion on the this is this: if a camgirl is doing a meet me raffle then enter. I think some of the things said was a little harsh and some what right. But Please don't speak for all models when you make statements. I did not agree with alot of what one of the models posted. I felt she was a little rude and overbearring,... She also didnt read or listen or to what Imstupid said.

he hasnt seen the girl nakked so there is no reason to go over board.

Imstupid, some gals do meet guys from the sites. but like it has been said that is not really safe for you or them. Safety is very important for all people involved in the situation.

I went to meet a couple in Feb. and they was wonderful. I lucked out on this. It was a leap of faith on my end and I was so sheltered i need to open up my horizons. I do not suggest doing it.

I'M A LITTLE CRAZY AND OLDER SO I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

I enjoy the people I have met on here and on MFC. If a meeting is meant to happen it will. But let it be on HER time not yours.

Reactions: JimsX and LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.