AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Milgram Experiment... what would u do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
Do you think you would have it in you to stand up to an authority figure or even peer pressure for that matter to do what's right?

I would not have participated. I guess that means my dreams of being a henchman are doomed to failure.

I'd like to think I wouldn't participate in something like the Milgram experiment, but the Stanford Prison experiment, which is way more disturbing (they actually ended it before they'd meant to because it got so out of hand) seems to indicate that, in the right circumstances, people will go way past the point you'd expect them to stop at.

Reactions: Poker_Babe
inkydoo said:
I'd like to think I wouldn't participate in something like the Milgram experiment, but the Stanford Prison experiment, which is way more disturbing (they actually ended it before they'd meant to because it got so out of hand) seems to indicate that, in the right circumstances, people will go way past the point you'd expect them to stop at.

oh yeah that was very disturbing

Ah ... but would you do telemarketing of dubious mutual funds?

I'd like to think I'd do the right thing. I've been known to stand up to authority often, or to be the only person willing to stand up for an unpopular cause.

That said, the whole point of the experiment is that what we think or say we would do often isn't what we actually do in the moment.

I don't know... I'm naturally inclined to do what someone tells me. But on the other hand, my instinct to DO NO HARM overrides that quite often. Back when I had a master, there were a couple times he gave me an order that I perceived could hurt the people involved. While I was wrong about that, I didn't know it, and refused to do what I was ordered until proof was shown that no one would get hurt.

That was from someone I cared about. But the worst that would happen is that he would no longer be in my life. If it's a matter of thinking I might have to face serious consequences for not doing it, I don't know which I would do. 50% of the time, I put my values above my own skin, and 50% of the time, I put my own skin above my values.

I'd like to think I'd do the right thing and stop but if I am being paid to do something I normally stick with it till its time for me to leave. I might never go back but I've only ever walked off 2 jobs in my life. It has nothing to do with being ordered to do something or fear of authority.

But how different would it be if the people you were shocking were right in front of you? Maybe a lil Cat's Eye - Quitters Inc?

Yeah I read about the prison experiment, that was some freaky and disturbing shit.

sxycherrypie said:
I think my balls would drop and I'd stand up for myself against them.
I always wonder what would've happened if they have run this experiment with working-class New Yorkers instead of college students. I think they would've had to stop it after the first fistfight.

Human said:
Here is a follow up on some of the people who participated in the experiment and their views 40 years later.

http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/maga ... /spe.html/

both Guards stories are amazing, one says he was just acting to see what will happen, the other things it was a setup by the researcher.

In Europe we did have a civil war in a country, Yugoslavia, only 20 years ago, half day away by car for me, men my age did kill people because they did have a other religion, very scary ... , yeah ofc I like to think I will be a good person ...

Human said:
sxycherrypie said:
I always wonder what would've happened if they have run this experiment with working-class New Yorkers instead of college students. I think they would've had to stop it after the first fistfight.
and with cam models? hehe just make the 500- models the guards and 5.000+ models the prisoners ... it will be a bloody mess.

Human said:
sxycherrypie said:
Yea probably lol.

RedHerby said:
Human said:
sxycherrypie said:
and with cam models? hehe just make the 500- models the guards and 5.000+ models the prisoners ... it will be a bloody mess.
That would be interesting... wonder which one I would be hmm. :think:

sxycherrypie said:
Yeah but it's when they started rebelling that it started to get mean.

Remember, the prisoners weren't really harmed physically, so all the mental torture may have seemed justifiable and harmless to the guards - and once a prisoner started rebelling against this "harmless" stuff they'd feel justified in tossing you in solitary. Not much you can do to rebel in solitary lol.

Also remember that just as the students who became guards for only 6 days fell into the role of abusive jailers, the mental torture, sleep deprivation, dehumanisation was breaking down the will of the prisoners too. That's how it works - that's WHY it works, that's why it's torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.