AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The "mommy" issue

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2015
West Coast
Twitter Username
@whootyjessryan
MFC Username
Jess_Ryan
Streamate Username
JessRyan
Chaturbate Username
JessRyan
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/184888/JessRyan/
Okay my problem is this. I no longer, and haven't for a long time offered any sort of step/mom roleplay.
I started that after hearing first hand from a long time (over 10 years) milf model on SM had her account banned after the member typed "mommy"
It's almost impossible to stop. I'm petrified some member will do the same to me.
The other day I get asked for mommy roleplay. I said absolutely not. Not even "step"
He says what about milf next-door, I say okay.
During the exclusive he turns his cam on and after a few minutes starts with the "mommy" talk.
I never encouraged nor played along. It was general "ok mommy" stuff he said.
I'm tempted to ban him. I'm just terrified of being banned by something a member says.
Now the option for milf next-door is gone along with step mom.
Advice?

Okay my problem is this. I no longer, and haven't for a long time offered any sort of step/mom roleplay.
I started that after hearing first hand from a long time (over 10 years) milf model on SM had her account banned after the member typed "mommy"
It's almost impossible to stop. I'm petrified some member will do the same to me.
The other day I get asked for mommy roleplay. I said absolutely not. Not even "step"
He says what about milf next-door, I say okay.
During the exclusive he turns his cam on and after a few minutes starts with the "mommy" talk.
I never encouraged nor played along. It was general "ok mommy" stuff he said.
I'm tempted to ban him. I'm just terrified of being banned by something a member says.
Now the option for milf next-door is gone along with step mom.
Advice?
If SM gives you the ability to block words from your chatroom, then start there.

If they cared that much about it, they could just proactively block "mommy" site-wide (better than holding individual broadcasters responsible for the speech of others).

Reactions: JessRyan
Upvote 0
If SM gives you the ability to block words from your chatroom, then start there.

If they cared that much about it, they could just proactively block "mommy" site-wide (better than holding individual broadcasters responsible for the speech of others).
In my case he said it during C2C.
I've always thought for YEARS & suggested they block words or at least allow models to do so like other sites.
But they never take model suggestions.
Yeah you'd think if it's against the rules & for all our safety & site safety they would.

Upvote 0
In my case he said it during C2C.
I've always thought for YEARS & suggested they block words or at least allow models to do so like other sites.
But they never take model suggestions.
Yeah you'd think if it's against the rules & for all our safety & site safety they would.
I suppose, short of outright blocking him yourself, you could report him to SM Support (CYA while letting them decide if they want to take any action related to him).

Upvote 0
sm has a lot of words blocked in the chats, mommy/daddy are not blocked. like ruth said, def email a rep so you get a response in writing in case you get in trouble, but from what we were explained with daddy, it is a nickname and is allowed to be used as a nickname, but obviously cannot be used as a roleplay. very sketchy line and i'm terrified of it so i dont go anywhere near it. i've had dozens of ppl call me mommy and i just say i dont like that nickname please dont call me that and if they dont stop i block them. sm can pull up your chat and video to verify if you were actually intendingto break the rules or if it was an accident.

Upvote 0
Definitely block the member, and follow up on it with a report. I'm hesitant to go along with SM's advice that we should report our own slip-ups to protect ourselves (pet or human walks through your shot, etc.), but if you haven't done anything wrong yourself it makes sense to send them a note along the lines of "hey, I warned this guy that I don't do that kind of roleplay, but he brought it up anyway. As you can see, I ended the show and blocked him."

I'm semi sure they have recordings back to a certain point that support can refer to, but I like to type my warning as well, so that I can screenshot it and send it along with my report.

I haven't been on SM regularly in months, but I'll be back soon and I'll be doubling down on blocking any "mommy" talk. I used to just block guys who used that keyword when I was particularly grumpy, but I think it'll be a zero tolerance thing for me in the future given how much more uptight the payment processors are becoming.

Upvote 0

What about "Daddy," Mommy," or similar terms?​

Terms such as "Daddy" or "Mommy" are allowed and do not break any rules. These terms are used in various sexual situations and do not imply incest on their own. The important part is the context of these terms. If you or the member say or do anything that further implies you are roleplaying incest between blood relatives, non-consent, or underage sexual activity, then it has crossed the line and violates the Streamate Code of Conduct. To protect yourself, you should stop the scene. Report and block any member who tries to roleplay any banned topic.

Above is a direct quote from an email sent on 1/27/22 regarding these types of roleplays. I avoid any type of family roleplays so as to not run in to any issues but that is just me. Also, keep in mind that the term "mami" gets used a lot and many who try to use this term end up spelling it "mommy" without implying family stuff. I think streamate is aware of this given their stance on using the term. It would also be kind of discriminatory to allow the word daddy but not mommy lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 6.55.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 6.55.57 PM.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0

What about "Daddy," Mommy," or similar terms?​

Terms such as "Daddy" or "Mommy" are allowed and do not break any rules. These terms are used in various sexual situations and do not imply incest on their own. The important part is the context of these terms. If you or the member say or do anything that further implies you are roleplaying incest between blood relatives, non-consent, or underage sexual activity, then it has crossed the line and violates the Streamate Code of Conduct. To protect yourself, you should stop the scene. Report and block any member who tries to roleplay any banned topic.

Above is a direct quote from an email sent on 1/27/22 regarding these types of roleplays. I avoid any type of family roleplays so as to not run in to any issues but that is just me. Also, keep in mind that the term "mami" gets used a lot and many who try to use this term end up spelling it "mommy" without implying family stuff. I think streamate is aware of this given their stance on using the term. It would also be kind of discriminatory to allow the word daddy but not mommy lol.
they are aware because last year they tried removing daddy and mommy from our profiles until they were reminded of the nuances by a bunch of us angry models. i have everyone call me daddy- a 5'2" 100lb fem woman because i got sick of people asking me to call them daddy. i thought it was obvious i was not trying to do incest roleplay. support removed all mention of the word daddy from my profile/room topic with no word. didn't get an email being warned or told. they wouldn't approve my changes back until enough people complained in their discord. you are right about the mommy (mami). its a term of endearment for most spanish speaking places for a woman.

i dont like being called mommy, so i ask not to when someone does. but i'll allow it if its mami or mama. i think i can tell incest from petname? i dont do step roleplay because not my thing. if im called after being told so, i block imdediatly. i haven't reported any offenders, because that would take time away from streaming. i think them calling me mommy followed by a block is clear enough i didnt engage. who knows?

but holy shit it got a lot more in the past few years. i dont know if its a popularity spike in recent years or me turning 30. lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.