AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Theft of cam model performances.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2016
My apologies if this has been addressed before... I don't know what to call it so searching for the topic is problematic.

I'm friends with a couple of models in poor nations... Ukraine, Russia and Kazakhstan. My purpose at MFC was to find pen pals... foreign correspondence has been a hobby I've done since I was 12. Granted, MFC is a bizarre place to attempt this but it's also very convenient. And it has been successful, I now have 3 new pen pals... yay, us!

That's the context.

I discovered that there are websites monitoring and recording my friends, selling the videos and photos but not paying my friends anything. It seems to be happening to all cam models in all the cam websites.

You folks must know about this, is there anything being done by MFC or the other cam sites? Is there anything I can do about it? Is there any way to erase the stolen material?

Entertainers should get royalties when their performances are used or sold. And frankly, my friends and all the young woman in poor countries need and deserve to be paid. I feel MFC and the others should be protecting their performers somehow.

Apologies, again, if this has been or is being discussed elsewhere.

Unauthorized distribution of content is a reality of doing business online. Yes, DMCA is law, in the United States...but the Internet is worldwide.

Consider that HBO, with all its resources, cannot stop average people from sharing Game of Thrones episodes.

Allow me to pose a provocative question. If you cannot stop this activity, how can you make it work for you?

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Unauthorized distribution of content is a reality of doing business online. Yes, DMCA is law, in the United States...but the Internet is worldwide.

Consider that HBO, with all its resources, cannot stop average people from sharing Game of Thrones episodes.

Allow me to pose a provocative question. If you cannot stop this activity, how can you make it work for you?

I have no idea. I'm concerned that the photos/videos may be used against them in the future... that's my secondary concern. Mostly, I just wish they were getting residuals.

Every single one of my shows since I started camming is listed for sale on a foreign website (The day I decided to definitely never go nude in public) they are usually put up within 24 hours of my show, and I've sent DMCA notices anyway, thinking it may be threatening somehow, but my shows continue to appear for something like 10 USD, when I often don't even make that amount in tokens. It's scary and bothersome and unfair-but seemingly unstoppable.

The only way I have found to "make it work for me"-and if it's the same or a similar site, them too- is that I use the free video stills they show of my videos as promotional pics. I really like some of these pictures because I'm in the moment, and focused on the camera, but not posing at all so they're very natural. And they sometimes tell little four frame stories. :meh: I have to try very hard to be positive about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.