AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Think like a man, act like a lady

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Green

ModelCentro.com
Industry Representative
Jul 28, 2014
modelcentro.com
Has anyone read this book by Steve Harvey?

It was really amazing to discover the way men think. They're so simple & straightforward creatures.
You should understand that their love isn't like yours! They love through professing, protecting & providing. They want in return your support, loyalty and sex.

I recommend this book for every woman just to know how to handle stuff form the manhood's point of view.
The writer's language is so simple & you can finish the book so fast but it'd be better to read it slowly to swallow every single information! :roll:

I don't really think this book is sexist, it just tells that we have different ways of thinking and different ideas about relationship. It could be definitely useful for people who are interested in psychology :)

Sasha Green said:
I don't really think this book is sexist, it just tells that we have different ways of thinking and different ideas about relationship. It could be definitely useful for people who are interested in psychology :)

It's actually quite sexist to believe all men and all women behave a certain way.

Further, Harvey is not a psychologist, so I doubt anyone truly interested in studying psychology would read this book for any kind of didactic experience. I'd recommend Freud before Steve Harvey.

Trust me, the dude is an idiot.

It's Christmas Eve, so, I'm holding my idiot woman tongue like an idiot man would but... puke.
tumblr_nh1ntpIRsP1tw2844o1_1280.gif

JickyJuly said:
It's Christmas Eve, so, I'm holding my idiot woman tongue like an idiot man would but... puke.

No, it's men who are the simple unthinking brutish idiots. You women are wise for being so good at holding your tongues and being loyal, while we protect and provide for your sweet sexy ass *sarcasm*.

ACFFAN69 said:
JickyJuly said:

No, it's men who are the simple unthinking brutish idiots. You women are wise for being so good at holding your tongues and being loyal, while we protect and provide for your sweet sexy ass *sarcasm*.

rcF7jso.jpg

Elsalil_Stiller said:
Sasha Green said:

It's actually quite sexist to believe all men and all women behave a certain way.

Further, Harvey is not a psychologist, so I doubt anyone truly interested in studying psychology would read this book for any kind of didactic experience. I'd recommend Freud before Steve Harvey.

Trust me, the dude is an idiot.

And just to complicate the matter, he didn't actually write the book. Denenne Millner did. She most likely sat down with him a few times and he told her a few funny stories and jokes. Mentioned to her the general idea for how he thought it should go. And then she wrote the whole book based on that. I'm guessing very few of the thoughts in the book are actually his. No proof on that part, just that's how most ghost writing / co-authorings go with celebrity books. And her background isn't psychology either. Her degree is in communications.

Sasha Green said:
They love through professing, protecting & providing. They want in return your support, loyalty and sex.

Huh. Guess I have a penis.

Elsalil_Stiller said:

It's also silly to think that a given person behaves the same way all the time.

Even more silly is to get upset about a book "by" a comedian with a reputation for talking out his ass.

Reactions: Nordling
I love psychology! And Steve Harvey on Family Feud :-D but i do think he's just kind of pulled some stereotypes out and presented them as facts.

There are some interesting studies on personality differences between genders (though obviously it's still all general - there's always exceptions and variations!)

Four meta-analyses were conducted to examine gender differences in personality in the literature (1958-1992) and in normative data for well-known personality inventories (1940-1992). Males were found to be more assertive and had slightly higher self-esteem than females. Females were higher than males in extraversion, anxiety, trust, and, especially, tender-mindedness (e.g., nurturance). There were no noteworthy sex differences in social anxiety, impulsiveness, activity, ideas (e.g., reflectiveness), locus of control, and orderliness. Gender differences in personality traits were generally constant across ages, years of data collection, educational levels, and nations.

That one is from 1994, and I did wonder which nations they looked at, but kinda neat. This is from 2001:

Abstract
Secondary analyses of Revised NEO Personality inventory data from 26 cultures (N =23,031) suggest that gender differences are small relative to individual variation within genders; differences are replicated across cultures for both college-age and adult samples, and differences are broadly consistent with gender stereotypes: Women reported themselves to be higher in Neuroticism, Agreeableness, Warmth, and Openness to Feelings, whereas men were higher in Assertiveness and Openness to Ideas. Contrary to predictions from evolutionary theory, the magnitude of gender differences varied across cultures. Contrary to predictions from the social role model, gender differences were most pronounced in European and American cultures in which traditional sex roles are minimized. Possible explanations for this surprising finding are discussed, including the attribution of masculine and feminine behaviors to roles rather than traits in traditional cultures. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2012 APA, all rights reserved)

Stuff like this is pretty neat to read about, though I do think it's important to note the finding in the second one, that gender variation is small compared to individual variation.

CharlotteLace said:
Sasha Green said:
They love through professing, protecting & providing. They want in return your support, loyalty and sex.

Huh. Guess I have a penis.

Then i'd be a hermaphrodite and need to find one in return. Apparently i've been with a few already before and didn't even know it.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
This post is actually fairly accurate.... for woman with men the sex part is the easy thing... support and loyalty is much harder to express.
In my experience loyalty is super rare, support is a non-existent dream. Sounds like this book is a worthwhile read just based on that alone.

Men are simple and straightforward creatures, but this doesn't mean we are idiots.

Sasha Green said:
Has anyone read this book by Steve Harvey?

It was really amazing to discover the way men think. They're so simple & straightforward creatures.
You should understand that their love isn't like yours! They love through professing, protecting & providing. They want in return your support, loyalty and sex.

I recommend this book for every woman just to know how to handle stuff form the manhood's point of view.
The writer's language is so simple & you can finish the book so fast but it'd be better to read it slowly to swallow every single information! :roll:

There's only one thing most men want a lady to swallow, I'm afraid...

Steve Harvey is a great game show host with a talent for comedic timing.

Beyond that, I'd take any and all of his advice with a boulder of sodium chloride.

Can't blame him for trying to make a buck... but he should back way the fuck off with his off-the-cuff untrained psychoanalyzing as if he was some sort of end-all guru on the issues between the sexes.

:twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
Steve Harvey is a great game show host with a talent for comedic timing.

Beyond that, I'd take any and all of his advice with a boulder of sodium chloride.

Can't blame him for trying to make a buck... but he should back way the fuck off with his off-the-cuff untrained psychoanalyzing as if he was some sort of end-all guru on the issues between the sexes.

:twocents-02cents:
I've been thinking of it from the reverse side. Anyone who would actually heed his advice rather deserves the advice they get.

Sevrin said:
Even more silly is to get upset about a book "by" a comedian with a reputation for talking out his ass.

I don't think it's all that silly to be upset about the book, since it has generated such a following that it got the man a daytime talk show based on its contents -- a talk show that's been on for several years now, airing over four-hundred episodes so far. You're right that he has a reputation for talking out his ass, but yet a couple million people a day are tuning in to listen to the shit he says. Dude's a fucking menace.

Edit to add:

It's the whole "down-home, tell it like it is" bullshit that seems to generate the appeal of this sort of thing, not any sort of professional training. You gotta remember that, on the whole, American popular sentiment tends to slant pretty damned anti-intellectual. For example, Phil McGraw might have "Dr." in front of his name, but he's popular because he dispenses with country-fried bumper sticker wisdom, not because he's a former psychologist.

Reactions: Amelia Liddell
Status
Not open for further replies.