AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tip History - Is there an easy way?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
I was curious if there is an easy way to get our tip history, and by "easy" I mean other than having to copy and paste page after page into a spreadsheet. I'm curious, but I'm not sure I'm curious enough to go through all that, especially since I sometimes tip a lot of smaller amounts...

Other than what you just mentioned (each month is a page) I don't know of any other way. Still, it's only 12 pages per year. So it's not that bad to copy paste into a spreadsheet.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 9_27_2013 , 5_13_33 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_27_2013 , 5_13_33 PM.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 595
Reactions: Sevrin
I've often wondered about this myself. I think models have a function that allows them to see how much a premium has tipped them and when etc. and I wish we had the same thing for models. I'd love to know how much I have tipped each model I visit without having to go back and add it all up.

Reactions: goldenaye666
Since they have it at their fingertips, would models be offended if we asked? Or would it be an awkward question to even be asking?

pg240 said:
Since they have it at their fingertips, would models be offended if we asked? Or would it be an awkward question to even be asking?
Awkward would be putting it mildly imo.

My interest is mostly in seeing how many different models I've visited. I tried the cut and paste on an alt account, and went :shock:

The thing models can get to quickly only shows a certain number of tips, not every tip ever.

Most models do the spreadsheet thing regularly to keep track of it that way. If you update the spreadsheet after each month is over, or after each day that you've visited the site, then you won't have to do so much work.

Personally, I don't currently have one going, but I should do that sometime soon. Will certainly help me keep track of who's who. The downside is when members go changing their names... all well.

Anyway, I'm perfectly willing to look it up if anyone asks me.

Sevrin said:
pg240 said:

My interest is mostly in seeing how many different models I've visited. I tried the cut and paste on an alt account, and went :shock:

I'd have to agree. It isn't something I'd ask, even with the models I'm closest to.

pg240 said:
I'd have to agree. It isn't something I'd ask, even with the models I'm closest to.

I actually said this to one of my regular model recently when I found out she now have a new function where she can see how much we've tipped, in like right from the beginning. I actually said I don't want to know how much money I've 'wasted' on her :-o even though I kinda have a ballpark idea :-D

pg240 said:
Sevrin said:
pg240 said:

I've had a few regulars ask. I think one was surprised he'd tipped so little, actually. Realized he'd been a little slack in the tipping and now tips much more than he did before he asked.

HobNobbies said:
pg240 said:

I actually said this to one of my regular model recently when I found out she now have a new function where she can see how much we've tipped, in like right from the beginning. I actually said I don't want to know how much money I've 'wasted' on her :-o even though I kinda have a ballpark idea :-D
If one of my regulars used this wording when speaking to me I'd be heartbroken and not know how to interact with them anymore.

AmberCutie said:
HobNobbies said:
pg240 said:

If one of my regulars used this wording when speaking to me I'd be heartbroken and not know how to interact with them anymore.

Yeah... even as a joke it's not really a cool joke to make seeing as most models do worry that members will feel one day that their money was wasted.

I've had a few regulars ask how much they've tipped. I'm nervous of telling them sometimes as I'm not sure if they're going to freak out and never tip me again.

What's interesting about it is that there are often members who you think have tipped loads, yet really haven't tipped that much, and members who you think don't tip much at all who tip way more than other people! One thing you can also work out is roughly how much your tippers spend on you monthly.

Say your highest tipper tips you 5k tokens a month on average. For me 5k tokens, although being an amazing sum of money, is also what I usually aim to earn around every few hours on cam. If I were to work a consistent month then it would be a fraction of my income. This is why if a regular is causing you stress and upset it's not worth keeping them. 5k/10k/even 20k a month is a really substantial and generous amount of money to spend on a model, but it also is usually only a fraction of the models paycheque.
What becomes difficult because of this and the whole token system is as a model you sometimes forget just how much money is being spent. Looking through my top 6 members, who've all spent fairly similar amounts, and actually working out how much they've spent.... I get a feeling that I can never express enough gratitude to them all.

JerryBoBerry said:
Other than what you just mentioned (each month is a page) I don't know of any other way. Still, it's only 12 pages per year. So it's not that bad to copy paste into a spreadsheet.

It took me about 15 minutes to copy and paste the token usage monthly history into spreadsheet, sort by models, and sum up how much I tipped the 6 models, I tipped more than couple of times. So it would take several hours work to do that for a whole year. On the other hand considering the amount of time and money we spend on MFC probably time well spent.

I am quite certain that MFC has zero incentive to provide that information to members, cause there is a bit of holy shit moment "I spent that much".

HiGirlsRHot said:
JerryBoBerry said:

It took me about 15 minutes to copy and paste the token usage monthly history into spreadsheet, sort by models, and sum up how much I tipped the 6 models, I tipped more than couple of times. So it would take several hours work to do that for a whole year. On the other hand considering the amount of time and money we spend on MFC probably time well spent.

I am quite certain that MFC has zero incentive to provide that information to members, cause there is a bit of holy shit moment "I spent that much".
Well, I ended up cutting and pasting into, and it took me about 20 minutes to do 3 years. After that I cleaned up the dates and used a pivot table to see what I wanted. Turns out my first full month I got around quite a bit.
NsW2fCU.gif

Sevrin said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Well, I ended up cutting and pasting into, and it took me about 20 minutes to do 3 years. After that I cleaned up the dates and used a pivot table to see what I wanted. Turns out my first full month I got around quite a bit.
NsW2fCU.gif

I ended up doing the same thing but I didn't want to go pivot table route.

After I pulled them all in so that 'Model/Recipient' was in column C, 'Tokens' were in column D.

I then copied the names in column C over to column H and removed duplicates from that column (under Data tab then 'remove duplicates')

Then in column I, i pasted this formula down for every unique name in column H.
=SUMIF($C$2:$C$1797,H2,$D$2:$D$1797)
My list has a header in row 1 and only goes to 1797 individual tips for the one account I did this on. So your numbers would have to be adjusted down to the bottom of your list, or just make it a really huge number that goes beyond your total number of tips. It would work too.

That formula looks up all the names in C for a match to what is next to it in H, then adds up all the tips in D that are next to the name in C.

Sort of like a pivot table but without any drop down boxes and i can still see just totals for every model in one sort-able column.

JerryBoBerry said:
Sevrin said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
JerryBoBerry said:

NsW2fCU.gif

I ended up doing the same thing but I didn't want to go pivot table route.

I too did my token usage chart. :lol: I guess this thread got a lot of people curious about what they tipped.

I have been on MFC for a little over a year now and, although I could add it all up and see what I spent, I'm not going to. Honestly, I don't want to know that number. :) But, I did put my chart in order of who I tipped the most to who I have tipped the least. I must say that I found a couple of surprises in that list. A few of the models that I don't consider myself a regular in their room but really enjoy the time I spend there are quite low on my list. That makes me feel bad. I realize that I should have tipped these models more and now I feel like I am going to have to send them a tip with a note telling them how much I enjoy them just to ease my conscience. I have decided to keep up with my token usage this way for a while and see how it changes when I can actually see who I am tipping what every month.

ILikeUonTop said:
I too did my token usage chart. :lol: I guess this thread got a lot of people curious about what they tipped.

I have been on MFC for a little over a year now and, although I could add it all up and see what I spent, I'm not going to. Honestly, I don't want to know that number. :) But, I did put my chart in order of who I tipped the most to who I have tipped the least. I must say that I found a couple of surprises in that list. A few of the models that I don't consider myself a regular in their room but really enjoy the time I spend there are quite low on my list. That makes me feel bad. I realize that I should have tipped these models more and now I feel like I am going to have to send them a tip with a note telling them how much I enjoy them just to ease my conscience. I have decided to keep up with my token usage this way for a while and see how it changes when I can actually see who I am tipping what every month.
I sorted them by most tipped too. Interesting thing was out of the top 20 models i've tipped, 14 of them were regulars on here. Guess the forum has had an influence on who i've met. That said, some of them I liked before i got here.

Do MFC reward points give you a pretty clear indication of total spending? Is it a dollar a point? Suppose I should quit relying on you folks and check the wiki!

Sorry. Looked it up. It's a point for every 10 tokens, so that's pretty easy to figure out. Also checked for the first time in forever and see that I can buy 46,650 tokens per day and store up to 466,500. Guess I'd better go get started on that!

pg240 said:
Sorry. Looked it up. It's a point for every 10 tokens, so that's pretty easy to figure out. Also checked for the first time in forever and see that I can buy 46,650 tokens per day and store up to 466,500. Guess I'd better go get started on that!

Yes once you are over around 2K reward points dollars spent is ~80% of reward points assuming you buy the larger $150+ packages.

Reactions: pg240
JerryBoBerry said:
My list has a header in row 1 and only goes to 1797 individual tips for the one account I did this on. So your numbers would have to be adjusted down to the bottom of your list, or just make it a really huge number that goes beyond your total number of tips. It would work too.

thanks for this. I just dont have the excel knowledge and have been manually autosumming sections.

This is a lot faster, but up to now, I have been separating out the tips, group, private tip types.
Do you see an easy way to do this?

I have entered over 3 years of tips onto an Excel spreadsheet, so I know exactly how much I have tipped my favorite models. The numbers get pretty fricking large after that many years. :eek:

Swarles123 said:
JerryBoBerry said:

thanks for this. I just dont have the excel knowledge and have been manually autosumming sections.

This is a lot faster, but up to now, I have been separating out the tips, group, private tip types.
Do you see an easy way to do this?

Very easily done using the same formula with just a minor modification

Assuming you set it up like I said with the same columns all you have to do is add a couple more 'models' only in this case the models names will be 'private' and 'group.' So just go to the bottom of the column H where you have list of models with the duplicates deleted. Manually type in 'private' and 'public' and 'group' then also copy the formula down to those three rows in the I column.

Then the only thing you have to do is click on those I column cells to change the C column to E column in the formula. So it looks something like this:
=SUMIF($E$2:$E$1797,H59,$D$2:$D$1797)

Now the formula looks for the 'models name' in H (private and public now) and finds all the rows that have that in the E column instead of the C column where the real names are. Since, if you copied everything from MFC tip history, the words private,public and group should be in E.

It will add up those just like any other model name now.

Oh. those numbers have been made up so don't read anything into the totals in that screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 9_29_2013 , 3_15_12 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_29_2013 , 3_15_12 PM.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: GweenBlack
JerryBoBerry said:
Very easily done using the same formula with just a minor modification

thanks. I appreciate the help.
But I think that just shows me a total spent on private, tips, etc.

I was thinking more
FakenameA (Tip) 1234
FakenameB (Tip) 203
FakenameB (private) 3600
FakenameC (Group) 250

I figured it out.
If I combine the column with the model name and the tip type I can then use your method to get the results the way I want them.

In an empty column, (I used G). Type Model - Type for a header.
create a formula in G2. =C2&" - "&B2
(where C2 is the model name and B2 is the type of tip)
click the check box.

in the lower right hand corner of that cell, click and drag the length of the column.
This will populate "model - type" for every row.

We cant remove duplicates on this column since they are formula. so we copy the column and paste it as 'values' into column H

Next do the remove duplicates as in the original instruction.

Now change your forumula to point at the new column, column G, instead of C.
=SUMIF($G$2:$G$1797,H2,$D$2:$D$1797)

I dont know if this will make sense to anyone else. But I wanted to post how I took what Jerry did and made it do what I'd like.

thank you so much jerry.
now who will figure out how to download this info automatically :lol:

:drool:

(I find excel formula discussions hot)

Think at me some more!

AmberCutie said:

I just want to say that I said it as a joke, the model in question knew I said it in jest and it was while I was talking to her in PMs and not in public chat. As someone who have been visiting her room for over a year, I think I have a good idea what I can and can't get away with when talking to her. If I had any doubt that she would take it the wrong way, I would never have said it.

LadyLuna said:
:drool:

(I find excel formula discussions hot)

Think at me some more!
Small spreadsheet I made to calculate all the properties of petroleum fluids

With all the comments turned on (messy this way but you get the idea what's there when you just hover over one cell)

This page is used to pull in info from the other pages and do calculations. It's also where I store tables of info to do those calculations

:cool: :hello2:

Attachments

• Screenshot - 9_30_2013 , 12_28_19 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_30_2013 , 12_28_19 PM.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Screenshot - 9_30_2013 , 12_35_19 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_30_2013 , 12_35_19 PM.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Screenshot - 9_30_2013 , 12_38_57 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_30_2013 , 12_38_57 PM.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 249
This is not really a direct answer to the original question, but since my script-fu is better than my spreadsheet-fu, this is what was easier *for me* to do to automate the process of keeping track of my MFC tips:

I created an sqlite database to store my complete tip history.
After every month, I download my tip history for that month. I run Linux, so I use a single "wget" command to do this.
I wrote a perl script that I then run to parse the file, extract each tip, and insert entries into the database.

I use the database to do different queries (eg. sort models by total tips, report monthly totals by model, etc.).

(I realize this sounds a bit geeky, so I'm just gonna keep quiet about what I do to keep track of Miss MFC rankings.)

i was thinking of writing a Perl script to parse through the full history. It just seems kinda like something MFC should have already implemented. Oh well, guess it will give me something to do in my free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.