AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipping Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Anglais
So, I was kinda curious as to how individual models felt about tipping, and in particular, non-tipping.
I'm not somebody who's ever been in a position to tip big, but if I'm in a room, and I'm dropping periodic 10 and 20 token tips - so long as I'm not requesting anything - I don't feel like I'm freeloading, and as a result, I feel okay about shooting the shit with the model in question and taking part in whatever conversation the room has going. If I'm not tipping, I tend to feel guilty about taking up that model's time so don't log on at all. That said, I've had numerous models tell me that they don't mind me hanging out with them even when I can't afford to tip.

Sooooo... as models, do you tend to mind regulars/semi-regulars stopping by even when they know they won't be tipping you that night?
If it's not a problem for you, at what point does it become a problem? A day without tipping? a week? a month?
And if a member knows he's not gonna be able to tip, would you prefer he be completely transparent about that and tell you up front? Or would you rather not be told that "hey, I'm gonna hang out here for a while, but I can't tip tonight"?

I never mind people hanging out just to talk so long as they're contribute something positive to the conversation, don't try to dominate it, stay polite, and don't demand anything from me. If they're a long time regular, Id probably like to hang out with them.

I hate it when randoms tell me up front they have no tokens. I'll basically feel weird about them for the rest of the time they're in there. Its like going into a coffee shop or store and being like "I HAVE NO MONEY". If its a long time regular who tips a lot, and something happens to him, I wouldnt feel too weird if he explained he had some crap in his life and money was tight. I just dont think it should be a tactless, public blurt-out.

I may not be a model but here are my two cents. I don't think it matters to a model (at least the ones that I am friends with) whether you tip or not...as long as you respect her and you're friendly to her and her MFC friends in the chat. Tipping is definitely a bonus as well as making her laugh and helping her to have a good time. Even the popular and notorious models (models with bad reps) don't mind if you don't tip and just chat away as long as you are not rude, not annoying, you don't act like a room pimp and you don't post nasty emotes (unless she finds them funny lol).

I generally like moral support (at least for conversation to avoid getting bored and eventually logging off early) just as much as tip support. So if people want to stop by, but they don't have tokens that's fine. It never becomes a problem with me I've had guys who never could tip since I met them then 5 months later "Whoa what the hell? I didn't know you could tip!" :shock: I have an ongoing joke with a troll pet of mine that did just that I think his points are something like 2-if that much. I'd rather not have them mention they can't tip, because I like to keep a "not about the money" feel about my room. Don't get me wrong I need rent and such, but I feel talking money and saying tip me just makes people tense up.At least it does me. If someone likes me they'll tip.

heartbrokenperv said:
I may not be a model but here are my two cents. I don't think it matters to a model (at least the ones that I am friends with) whether you tip or not...as long as you respect her and you're friendly to her and her MFC friends in the chat. Tipping is definitely a bonus as well as making her laugh and helping her to have a good time.
Wow, really? :shock: Tips are not a bonus. Tips are what makes up the vast majority of my income - the rest comes from groups and privates.
If you really think models don't mind if you hang out in their room all the time without ever tipping, you're mistaken. It's expected to tip at least a bit, at least once, if you're in a model's room a lot, talk in her room, and enjoy whatever she does.

That being said, I really appreciate my regulars coming into my room even when they can't tip! As long as they don't expect extra attention or freebies (which has never happened), everything's great. Remember, for a model no tips but good conversation is still a much better feeling than no tips and awkward silence in the room because none of her regulars are around.
They don't have to tell me up front that they can't tip. If they're regulars who have tipped in the past it's fine.

"If it's not a problem for you, at what point does it become a problem? A day without tipping? a week? a month?"
Never, as long as you're a cool guy who doesn't expect free stuff for his earlier tips! :)
There's a regular who has tipped me a lot last spring. In the summer he had MFC freeze his account so he couldn't purchase tokens anymore because he got into an unfortunate financial situation. But we still talk everytime I'm online. He is very kind, doesn't expect anything and is OK with me taking longer to respond to his PMs than to the public chat. I'm glad he's in my room to help me keep my sanity on days when no one's tipping!
It would be the exact same situation by the way if he hadn't tipped as much before.

Basically, as long as you have proven you're not a time-waster, I'm always happy to talk to you. The more people in my room are engaged in a nice conversation, the better. I'm happy that you're there. Just don't expect anything for 0 tokens. ;)

Yes, just because a model is polite and friendly when you're not tipping doesn't mean it doesn't matter to her. Sure, regulars often tip sometimes and sometimes not, but then I'm guessing the model will look at tipping over the long haul.

No matter how good a conversationalist you are, if you never ever tip, eventually your slick tongue may tend to get a little ragged. lol

I basically concur with the other ladies. And Mr. Bob you've been nothing but delightful when you've been in my room & are welcome anytime, under any token circumstances.

One way occasional non-tipping can get problematic, in my view, is if someone takes up a lot of space in the chat, which can be easy to do in a less-bustling room. If the loudest person in my room on a given night isn't tipping I feel like it can set an unhelpful precedent. (i.e. people will be like, oh hey this is the kind of room where I can gab and gab and never tip and the lady won't mind!) Plus I think it's only fair that people who can tip at that moment win a bit more attention.

LilyMarie said:
heartbrokenperv said:
I may not be a model but here are my two cents. I don't think it matters to a model (at least the ones that I am friends with) whether you tip or not...as long as you respect her and you're friendly to her and her MFC friends in the chat. Tipping is definitely a bonus as well as making her laugh and helping her to have a good time.
Wow, really? :shock: Tips are not a bonus. Tips are what makes up the vast majority of my income - the rest comes from groups and privates.
If you really think models don't mind if you hang out in their room all the time without ever tipping, you're mistaken. It's expected to tip at least a bit, at least once, if you're in a model's room a lot, talk in her room, and enjoy whatever she does.

That being said, I really appreciate my regulars coming into my room even when they can't tip! As long as they don't expect extra attention or freebies (which has never happened), everything's great. Remember, for a model no tips but good conversation is still a much better feeling than no tips and awkward silence in the room because none of her regulars are around.
They don't have to tell me up front that they can't tip. If they're regulars who have tipped in the past it's fine.

"If it's not a problem for you, at what point does it become a problem? A day without tipping? a week? a month?"
Never, as long as you're a cool guy who doesn't expect free stuff for his earlier tips! :)
There's a regular who has tipped me a lot last spring. In the summer he had MFC freeze his account so he couldn't purchase tokens anymore because he got into an unfortunate financial situation. But we still talk everytime I'm online. He is very kind, doesn't expect anything and is OK with me taking longer to respond to his PMs than to the public chat. I'm glad he's in my room to help me keep my sanity on days when no one's tipping!
It would be the exact same situation by the way if he hadn't tipped as much before.

Basically, as long as you have proven you're not a time-waster, I'm always happy to talk to you. The more people in my room are engaged in a nice conversation, the better. I'm happy that you're there. Just don't expect anything for 0 tokens. ;)

I think heartbrokenperv meant any member who happens into a room (it doesn't matter if that one tips). Obviously, it matters a lot for us to get tips, cause ya know...we like to eat. Though I'll admit some think we just do this because...the interwebz :?

Tigresslily said:
LilyMarie said:
heartbrokenperv said:

I think heartbrokenperv meant any member who happens into a room (it doesn't matter if that one tips). Obviously, it matters a lot for us to get tips, cause ya know...we like to eat. Though I'll admit some think we just do this because...the interwebz :?

Yup, definiteleeey need to clarify on that one. Also, a model may be really freakin' annoyed, but obviously she is going to try and keep her composure as best she can. If I started yelling at every polite-but-broke/cheap person no one would want to spend timer or money in my chat.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Here's how I feel about it. If you're going to be sitting in my room with no intention of tipping but enjoying a free show, then the least you can do is contribute to keeping the conversation in my chat room going, and maybe even take it upon yourself to help me out with keeping track of the count down for me. Also, never make ANY requests or expect any special attention.
I under stand that you may not always be able to tip all the time, and that's ok with me as long as you do what I stated above. But even so, if you regularly enjoy hanging out in my chat room and appreciate the many hours of entertainment you receive from it, the every so often you should put a little something a side to contribute in the way of tokens. I mean, I don't care how broke you are, if you already have a premium account, that means you had to come up with at least $20 at one point in time. And even if you don't have a bank account, you can still get a green dot card and load money on it to use on MFC. And even if you don't want to spend the full $20, because you are a premium member, you have the option of purchasing smaller token packages.

tumblr_mfzeitBubp1rjl0hwo1_1280.jpg

And if you're still too broke to even chip in $5 or $10 bucks ever, then you my friend don't need to be on MFC... your computer time would be much better spent searching the Help Wanted and making a resume.

Now how often should you tip??? Well that depends on how often you spend your time enjoying yourself in the models' chat room... I have no set amount, all I can say is "let your conscience be your guide".

Tigresslily said:
LilyMarie said:
heartbrokenperv said:

I've been getting beat up on here all day lol I fully understand that tips matter to a model (I never said it didn't matter) but my comment was directed to members who do not have a lot of money to tip but still spend time on MFC and like to chat with the models (which was my understanding of the topic). "Tips are a bonus" was referring to tips from a member that the lady knows does not have a lot of money but still welcomes him into the room because he is friendly or funny. It is rough on this forum

I think the best tipping etiquette is for members to remember that the woman on the other end of the screen is working. She clocked in for a shift at work entertaining people, and if you are entertained, you should tip her any amount you can.

People argue - I shouldn't have to pay to talk to someone. Friendship is free. I am contributing to the room with my conversation. But in the end, if you are staying in a model's room and being entertained by her, you should be tipping.

While many models appreciate good conversation, saying "I am willing to speak to this woman, so she should entertain me for free" is actually quite laughable. Tips are not bonuses, extras, or gifts; they are what that woman deserves for entertaining you for hours on end.

And if a member knows he's not gonna be able to tip, would you prefer he be completely transparent about that and tell you up front? Or would you rather not be told that "hey, I'm gonna hang out here for a while, but I can't tip tonight"?
If a random member comes in to my chatroom and knows he is not going to spend money, I would prefer he leave. What would be the point of him staying there? If you cannot pay a webcam model, why do you think you deserve to watch her for free?

I tend to feel the same way as the OP. I generally stay off MFC if I am not able to tip. Of course, I also have not developed any of the deep relationships where my witty reparte is genuinely anticipated by any of the models. For me, tipping is part of the fun. Can't tip? Not as much fun for me.

What I find interesting in responses from the models is, to paraphrase, "I don't mind them hanging out as long as they aren't demanding or looking for freebies."

What the hell? Yeah, I know. You girls put up with this kind of bovine excrement on a daily basis. But for me, why would I even consider asking for ANYthing if I cannot contribute with tokens?

Hey, remember when I was coming in here everyday for lunch buying a burger? Well, I can't afford one right now. But I'm gonna take up a table, drink a glass of water and wow you with my conversational abilities. And since I have been such a wonderful customer in the past, can you get me a free burger? That would be great. Thanks.

RogueWarrior said:
I tend to feel the same way as the OP. I generally stay off MFC if I am not able to tip. Of course, I also have not developed any of the deep relationships where my witty reparte is genuinely anticipated by any of the models. For me, tipping is part of the fun. Can't tip? Not as much fun for me.

What I find interesting in responses from the models is, to paraphrase, "I don't mind them hanging out as long as they aren't demanding or looking for freebies."

What the hell? Yeah, I know. You girls put up with this kind of bovine excrement on a daily basis. But for me, why would I even consider asking for ANYthing if I cannot contribute with tokens?

Hey, remember when I was coming in here everyday for lunch buying a burger? Well, I can't afford one right now. But I'm gonna take up a table, drink a glass of water and wow you with my conversational abilities. And since I have been such a wonderful customer in the past, can you get me a free burger? That would be great. Thanks.

Is it better not to get on if you're not going to spend money on the site? Probably. Totally. Sometimes "don't mind" can be more like "tolerate and try to make the most of it" but models are rarely in a position where they can be completely open on their negative feelings about something.

The problem with a site like MFC is the word FREE is in the URL. People already have the preconceived notion that they may get a show for free. Then when they get on the site and see naked girls they think jackpot. Why should I tip when I see everything I want for free. This is just the machine that is MFC.

MFC is like free samples at the supermarket. You get to try (free chat) but if you want more you have to pay (private/group). Sure some people take advantage and get multiple free samples but it's all planned as a loss leader. The problem is there are girls doing things that should only be done in private/group in public. This is like if some guy bought a case of the free samples and let everybody have at it. Somebody else paid for everyone's enjoyment.

It seems if you want to force tipping then you shouldn't do anything sexual in public and make people pay for a private/group. You get a clothed free chat in public and that's it. This is your loss leader, you are betting the money you don't make in free chat will be made up in private/group. Girls then become a salesperson for getting people into private or group shows for naked/naughty time. The problem with this is you need every girl on the site to do this as well otherwise guys will just flock to the girls that will do whatever in public.

In reality even if you did get every MFC girl to agree to this, it would probably be correct to cheat if you are currently one of the top girls as then you will make more money. There is no good reason for a top girl to agree to this kind of arrangement outside of management enforcing it and if you don't comply you are kicked off the site.

There is no real way to fix this on MFC and all you can really do is:

1) deal with the ecosystem that has been created
2) ban everybody that hasn't tipped you to your liking and eventually you'll get just people that you want in your room
3) do shows on another cam site where free shows are not expected (stream-mate?)

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Depends on the site, and on the person.

One thing is sure- I do NOT want to hear about how you can't tip me or why. Don't call attention to the fact. It will take me about 3-6 months to notice someone is eating up my chat-time without tipping. Then comes the question of- does it bother me? It depends on what they are doing.

If they keep conversation going without getting creepy or overbearing about it, and don't get upset when other people spend money on me, then all is well. If they tend to monopolize the conversation- no good. If they tend to give off a creepy vibe- no good. If they whine when I get taken to private or group, no good. If they tell me how they can't tip- VERY no good.

Why that last one? The second money is mentioned in my room in any way, shape, or form, it dies. Usually it stays dead for the rest of the night. Sometimes, it gets revived later by a regular coming late to the party. And I really do mean anything about money. "How much do you make?" "How's your night going?" "Making good money tonight?" "I can't tip right now." "I'm broke :( " "Hey guys, don't forget to tip her!"

If a member mentions money in public chat, I'm doomed. The only way I can get away with mentioning paying is if someone has asked for something, and then it's just to tell them what sort of tip they need, or if they need to take me to a show.

Oh, one other thing. If they ask how much for a flash, or something like that, that one works. But usually asking the per-minute price is a room-killer.

This effect is not as bad on Streamate, because only I see what other people say. As long as I remember to keep my big mouth shut and ignore the question, usually all is well... x.x but I hate ignoring questions.

Poker_Babe brings up a good point that I've tried making to people in my chat in the past. If you're already a premium, you don't HAVE to buy the $19.99 200 token package. Instead of telling models excuse after excuse for why you can't tip, you could go to the Smaller Token Packages section and buy a smaller token amount in the double digits. I've bought smaller packages before...there's nothing wrong with that. I think after you've made the initial $19.99 token purchase (for 200 tokens) when you upgraded to premium status, the option for the smaller token packages becomes available for you.

I've heard guys say they didn't even know there were smaller token packages. One guy even said "But the smaller token packages are hard to find." Um...no, it's not...lol. It's on the same page as the other token packages. Just scroll down the page a little bit, and it's right there. Some people just like to be difficult when it comes to parting with tokens, because that was the same dude who tipped 10 or 20 tokens offline, and when I responded with a thank you and 1 - 3 sexy pics, he whined "Aw, but I wanted a video instead." :woops:

I know some people may think it's silly to buy a smaller, double-digit token package, but at least it's showing that you do want to give the model a little something. Some models might even give you a flash for x tokens. And the non-tippers who take up 80% of the model's chat screen going "Ooh, can't wait to see dat ass" won't look like jerks because they'll finally be contributing. :thumbleft:

If you have a request, please tip for it. Read models' room topics...they are there for a reason. If she requires 50 tokens for a flash, don't tip 25 tokens and say "Come on, bb, I took you private last week...do it for me???" If you're not tipping today, that is perfectly fine. As long as you're talking to me like a human being in my room, you're cool with me. Just say something to me, PLEASE. "Hey, Fox. Is that a Rocky Balboa poster on your wall?"....."Hi, Fox. Is that pistacchios you're eating?"

When a model says "Why is it so quiet?," someone always says "Maybe they're just shy." Look...I used to be a shy school girl, but I still said hi when a person spoke to me. LOL. If you're that shy that a simple "hey" is gonna kill you, why not just perv all night in guest mode? A lot of guys don't like it when a model says hi to them by name (our regulars like it though!), so if she instead says "Hey, guys!," what's the problem? If you're alive and breathing and enjoy her room, it would be nice for you to at least say hi. If you're worried that saying hi to her will result in her putting you on blast and telling you to tip, just remember that not all models are like that. I'm not gonna bark "TIP ME, MOTHAFUCKA!!!!!" every time someone says hello...lol.

BetsyBooty said:
I basically concur with the other ladies. And Mr. Bob you've been nothing but delightful when you've been in my room & are welcome anytime, under any token circumstances.

One way occasional non-tipping can get problematic, in my view, is if someone takes up a lot of space in the chat, which can be easy to do in a less-bustling room. If the loudest person in my room on a given night isn't tipping I feel like it can set an unhelpful precedent. (i.e. people will be like, oh hey this is the kind of room where I can gab and gab and never tip and the lady won't mind!) Plus I think it's only fair that people who can tip at that moment win a bit more attention.

I've often been in the situation where I am literally the only member chatting in a model's room. Half of me says I should stop chatting and let others participate, but when I do stop, the model starts right back up with me again. So fuck it, I'll chat when i have something to chat about.

I would rather not be told "hey I can't tip tonight," especially in public chat. I work on the assumption that members tip what they can, when they can, and for every member the timing and amount of their tips will be different because they have different jobs and responsibilities. If you aren't tipping one night but you've tipped before, I won't think you're freeloading. I'll just assume tipping isn't in your budget tonight. As long as you're participating in the conversation but not dominating it (and NOT requesting that other people tip me, which only draws attention to your lack of tips), I'm thrilled to have you in my room. :)

When members announce their inability to tip in my chatroom, it kills the mood. I don't want anyone to tip because they feel obligated or guilty; I want people to tip because they're having fun and they find tipping fun! When you announce, "I'm so broke!" in my room, you take that fun feeling away from other people and you remind them that I need tips. My job is to entertain, not to panhandle. I want people to tip me because they're having a great time, not because they're thinking, "This poor girl needs to be tipped by someone!"

For guys who don't have many tokens to spend but want them to go far, I love it when guys start yellow walls of small tips. It encourages other guys to jump in and start tipping, and it's exciting and fun for the model. :toothy9:

BetsyBooty said:

Thank you kindly, ma'am. That's sweet of you to say ;)

And thanks to all who have answered so far. If I ever do log on without any tokens (not that I'm planning to) I shall be sure not to blurt out that I don't have any tokens :)

If I don't have any tokens and I dont know the model well I normally just join the room as a guest...
This avoids any bad feelings that a Prem is in the room and not tipping...
If I like the room often I come back as Prem and tip when I have some tokens available

:)

Reactions: WickedTouch
AprilCarroll said:
I would rather not be told "hey I can't tip tonight," especially in public chat. I work on the assumption that members tip what they can, when they can, and for every member the timing and amount of their tips will be different because they have different jobs and responsibilities. If you aren't tipping one night but you've tipped before, I won't think you're freeloading. I'll just assume tipping isn't in your budget tonight. As long as you're participating in the conversation but not dominating it (and NOT requesting that other people tip me, which only draws attention to your lack of tips), I'm thrilled to have you in my room. :)

When members announce their inability to tip in my chatroom, it kills the mood. I don't want anyone to tip because they feel obligated or guilty; I want people to tip because they're having fun and they find tipping fun! When you announce, "I'm so broke!" in my room, you take that fun feeling away from other people and you remind them that I need tips. My job is to entertain, not to panhandle. I want people to tip me because they're having a great time, not because they're thinking, "This poor girl needs to be tipped by someone!"

For guys who don't have many tokens to spend but want them to go far, I love it when guys start yellow walls of small tips. It encourages other guys to jump in and start tipping, and it's exciting and fun for the model. :toothy9:

I can understand this a bit in public chat for the typical member who doesn't tip much. However, imagine it has been slow night it was struggle just to get you topless. You are glad you stuck out because two of your biggest tipper appear in your room. A couple of guys even comment on their arrival,"the whales have arrived showtime soon". Do you really not want to know that as bad luck would have it,neither have tokens tonight. It would seem to me that it would helpful to know this information, for setting targets for future countdowns or even deciding to if you are going to log off, aggressively marketing privates, groups, skypes or whatever. Also if the whales announce in public chat, sorry babe but I am freeloading tonight, it is a clear signal that other guys in the room are going to have chip in more. As a general rule in business more information about your customers is good.

since I don't have a lot of tokens these days, I tend to stick to the lounge (L10k -- so I do buy tokens and tip when I can) to do my pervin
this may change with the new job I got today (go me)

there are 3 rooms I will go to that know I don't have much money these days and say they don't care that my ass is tokenless. I don't ask for anything and for 2 of the rooms, they aren't even public show kind of rooms and in the 3rd, I will typically leave before the action starts.

Tigresslily said:
I generally like moral support (at least for conversation to avoid getting bored and eventually logging off early) just as much as tip support. So if people want to stop by, but they don't have tokens that's fine. It never becomes a problem with me I've had guys who never could tip since I met them then 5 months later "Whoa what the hell? I didn't know you could tip!" :shock: I have an ongoing joke with a troll pet of mine that did just that I think his points are something like 2-if that much. I'd rather not have them mention they can't tip, because I like to keep a "not about the money" feel about my room. Don't get me wrong I need rent and such, but I feel talking money and saying tip me just makes people tense up.At least it does me. If someone likes me they'll tip.

I love this outlook. Of course models need tips, but I completely agree that talking about money kills the mood of a room. I'm more likely to feel comfortable -- and hang around and tip -- if the conversation is about other things.

There were several other good posts, but I won't quote them all to avoid a bulky post here. Another point that feels right to me is: saying how you can't tip in public is bad for generating other tips. If the model is nice enough to make you feel welcome even if you can't tip, the last thing you should do is remind other people that they can get by without tipping. Seeing tips tends to encourage other people to tip. Seeing/hearing the opposite seems to have the opposite effect. If you like the model, you should be rooting for her to get tipped well even if you can't add much to it, so try not to set an obvious example that may hurt tipping.

Also on the topic of talking about tipping in public chat: starting a yellow wall by making the first tip yourself is dandy. Calling for people to tip or make a yellow wall/putting up a yellow wall emote and not tipping at all is truly obnoxious. That pisses people off, and a normal reaction is going to be "fuck this jerk; I'm not going to do what he tells me when he won't even do it himself."

And yeah, it's model's choice, of course, but it seems right to me that if someone's not tipping that day, while some conversation is fine, they should probably not be monopolizing the chat. As was said, that may set an unhelpful (for generating tips) precedent. Also, it should go without saying that demands/requests without tips are no good and tend to get people annoyed.

HiGirlsRHot said:
AprilCarroll said:

I can understand this a bit in public chat for the typical member who doesn't tip much. However, imagine it has been slow night it was struggle just to get you topless. You are glad you stuck out because two of your biggest tipper appear in your room. A couple of guys even comment on their arrival,"the whales have arrived showtime soon". Do you really not want to know that as bad luck would have it,neither have tokens tonight. It would seem to me that it would helpful to know this information, for setting targets for future countdowns or even deciding to if you are going to log off, aggressively marketing privates, groups, skypes or whatever. Also if the whales announce in public chat, sorry babe but I am freeloading tonight, it is a clear signal that other guys in the room are going to have chip in more. As a general rule in business more information about your customers is good.

I agree with you - because especially in my room, I tend to rely heavily on a *very* small group (like 2 guys - more recently just one) of larger tippers (more so than most models I think). While I *never* expect any of them to tip me for a countdown or for any other reason, I do appreciate it if they subtly mention in PM that they wont be tipping like they normally do for the night for that exact reason. Because I know I need to either drastically change my plans for the night or likely just cut my losses and sign off. None of them have ever cared to mention anything in public chat about it - but I question whether it would have any effect on others tipping. The freeloaders know what to expect from my large tippers, and if they dont see it happen rather quickly - they leave as opposed to contributing (or buying anything - every thing I do/sell/etc counts for the countdown and I make that very obvious as incentive). The guys who dont leave are the regs of mine that dont regularly tip, so they likely wouldnt contribute either way.

Reactions: RainbowBryte
Yeah, I can empathize. Some members are reluctant to say they can't tip, but others can't keep their mouths shut and warble about it the whole time a model is logged onto her room. Interestingly, in both cases, I think they mean well--it's just personality differences that make the difference.

Reactions: PinkiePixi
HarmlessSquirrel said:
Also on the topic of talking about tipping in public chat: starting a yellow wall by making the first tip yourself is dandy. Calling for people to tip or make a yellow wall/putting up a yellow wall emote and not tipping at all is truly obnoxious. That pisses people off, and a normal reaction is going to be "fuck this jerk; I'm not going to do what he tells me when he won't even do it himself."

And yeah, it's model's choice, of course, but it seems right to me that if someone's not tipping that day, while some conversation is fine, they should probably not be monopolizing the chat. As was said, that may set an unhelpful (for generating tips) precedent. Also, it should go without saying that demands/requests without tips are no good and tend to get people annoyed.

Oh yeah! Agree this.

HarmlessSquirrel said:

OMG, YES! The guy posting the 'yellow wall' emote should be the first tipper of the yellow wall. Next time someone does that in my room, I'm gonna be like "Well? We're waiting..." LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.